Grace G

Marysville, OH

#1 Mar 24, 2007
Does anyone know the details of ALCOTE not building in Roanoke?
Need a job

United States

#2 Apr 21, 2007
It sounds like the city didn't go through with incentives as the Mayor had agreed to.
wpb

Cedar Falls, IA

#3 Dec 16, 2007
The guys trying to start it were too big for their britches, didn't have the deep pockets required to start something of this investment magnitude and were quite frankly very naive. It was a management problem - not the mayor's. It wasn't backed by any significant corporation who was willing to put the investment in to it - just a few cowboys who thought they would pull a fast one with government subsidies (hidden under the guise of bonds, which require more security than a couple of second mortgages on they folk's moderate homes, which was all they had) Wish I could tell you more, but it's over - time to move on!
lee

Laurel, MS

#4 Jan 9, 2008
Read more! Maybe the cowboys are pretty smart people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BEWARE , All Smiles Dentest, Next to Verizon (Oct '11) Jul 27 Rebel Fighter 3
Amberlynne Rohrs (Jan '15) Jun '15 Maber 2
looking for Lois (Feb '14) Jun '15 Superman 4
News UPDATE: Man Arrested in Deadly Lawrence County ... (Jul '10) Jan '15 Eve 4
ReVonda Bowen Story (May '06) Nov '14 There-in-1994 24
News Wadley's disputed interim police chief was arre... (Mar '08) Mar '14 bigun 8
Up To $5,000.00 Reward (Oct '13) Oct '13 Billy Howard 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roanoke Mortgages