shooting in roan mtn last night what ...

shooting in roan mtn last night what happened?

Posted in the Roan Mountain Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 May 21, 2010
Carter County Sheriff's Office deputies were investigating what appeared to be a home invasion that resulted in a hatchet-wielding intruder's shooting death here around midnight last night, Sheriff Chris Mathes said this morning.

"All indications are that it was self defense," Mathes said in a telephone interview.

Mathes said authorities were called to a residence in the Roan Mountain area just after midnight. A Carter County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred on Sawdust Trail in the Roan Mountain area.

The investigation indicated that an intruder had broken into the residence and had a hatchet, Mathes said.

The home's resident fired shots and killed the intruder, the sheriff said.

Mathes said he was not releasing names just yet, but he planned to issue a news release with details later this morning. The sheriff said he intended to present the facts of the case to 1st Judicial District Attorney General Tony Clark this morning.

The investigation was continuing, Mathes said.
wondering

Newland, NC

#2 May 21, 2010
very sad situation
No Way

Johnson City, TN

#3 May 21, 2010
good ridence!!!!!! thats what everyone should do!!!!!
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#4 May 21, 2010
A toast to the second amendment.
Highway2Hell

Asheville, NC

#5 May 22, 2010
What? With all the law in Roan Mountain how did this happen?(hahaha)

“You lose a lot of time, hating”

Since: Jan 10

Roan Mountain

#6 May 23, 2010
The dudes step dad broke down his door in the wee hours of the morning he was protecting his wife & kids..it was self defense.
burly

United States

#7 May 23, 2010
All u ppl don't even have a clue. There has to be more to the story than everyone is tell.
Bertha

United States

#8 May 23, 2010
Roan Mountain Resident wrote:
The dudes step dad broke down his door in the wee hours of the morning he was protecting his wife & kids..it was self defense.
The kids more than likely were at the step dads house. Heard he kept them 80% of the time.

Roan Mountain

#9 May 24, 2010
Bertha wrote:
<quoted text>The kids more than likely were at the step dads house. Heard he kept them 80% of the time.
Yeah you heard. But I know these people. Have most of their lives. So remember don't believe everything you hear.

What would you do if somone was to break into your house..ask them to please hold on a second while you call 911?
Bertha

United States

#10 May 24, 2010
Is this (story) not being investigated? I don't see a stepdad breakin in a sons home. There has to be more to this story.Maybe a family argument gone bad or instigated by someone who does not care about family values.

Roan Mountain

#11 May 24, 2010
yea well you don't know this particular step dad.
No Way

Johnson City, TN

#12 May 24, 2010
MR. Parker was a thug, drug head and a wife beater. been in and out of prison all his life and was a all around nuisance to the community and mr. Townson deserves a AWARD for his SERVICE to society!!!!!!!!!!
my way

United States

#13 May 24, 2010
well i do know this family and i personally know this stepdad. I think he served his time @ mountain city prison. He had problems like all of us self righteous ppl. Yes i know them he was not a wife beater. She is my sister and he was my brother in law yes thank you.
wondering

Newland, NC

#14 May 25, 2010
my way wrote:
well i do know this family and i personally know this stepdad. I think he served his time @ mountain city prison. He had problems like all of us self righteous ppl. Yes i know them he was not a wife beater. She is my sister and he was my brother in law yes thank you.
You have got to be kidding! What a joke. Parker was low life. got what he asked for, what he should have gotten years before. So sorry for the townsend family.
who cares

Johnson City, TN

#15 May 25, 2010
I think people should mind their own business. I happen to know both of these families involved. They are both good and sweet families. People should not go by what they hear. If you don't know for sure what happened or what you are talking about, then you should keep your mouth shut.I hope that God richly blesses these families. And if you are going around telling stuff not true and spreading gossip, SHAME ON YOU!!!! You should be praying for them instead of talking about them. If you want to talk to somebody about them, talk to God and ask him to help them.
Emily Townson

Greer, SC

#16 May 25, 2010
No Way wrote:
good ridence!!!!!! thats what everyone should do!!!!!
GAry parker was my dad whom I loved very much!! Don't believe everything you haer. Let God judge him!!!
Emily Townson

Greer, SC

#17 May 25, 2010
Roan Mountain Resident wrote:
Don't believe everything you read!! I was his daughter as well. Let God judge him!!!
Emily Townson

Greer, SC

#18 May 25, 2010
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding! What a joke. Parker was low life. got what he asked for, what he should have gotten years before. So sorry for the townsend family.
It's Townson and I'm his daughter and you let God judge him!!!!
Emily Townson

Greer, SC

#19 May 25, 2010
No Way wrote:
MR. Parker was a thug, drug head and a wife beater. been in and out of prison all his life and was a all around nuisance to the community and mr. Townson deserves a AWARD for his SERVICE to society!!!!!!!!!!
Gary was my dad and I loved him very much!! You let God be the judge!! Him without sin cast the first stone!!!
my way

United States

#20 May 25, 2010
way to go Emily GOD bless your heart, We love you all very much . God will help us throught this.
Thank you very much "WHO CARES" I think you really know this family. We are a loving family who cares about each other. Pray for us if you are a real friend. If not keep your big mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Yelton 10 hr little johnny 4
Sexual predators living in Julian's trailer park Tue bob 8
Randy McKinney married? May 21 lol 2
Mike Hill (Jul '14) May 21 Elmer Gantry 35
Zach Gleason May 21 Really 4
Movin in May 17 jethro 2
$hit hole (Jun '17) May 16 Rm trash 11

Roan Mountain Jobs

Personal Finance

Roan Mountain Mortgages