Warrant issued for Roan Mountain man ...

Warrant issued for Roan Mountain man accused in kidnapping attempt on hikers

There are 19 comments on the Kingsport Times story from Feb 13, 2013, titled Warrant issued for Roan Mountain man accused in kidnapping attempt on hikers. In it, Kingsport Times reports that:

A capias has been issued for the Carter County man charged last May with allegedly attempting to take a group of hikers hostage at the Beauty Spot lookout on Unaka Mountain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kingsport Times.

lil bo peep

Mountain City, TN

#1 Feb 13, 2013
oh, for someone that was down and out i guess all the people praying for him it didnt do any good, this is a prime example that this person isnt going to change,i dont feel one dam bit sorry for him...i guess this really shows what type of man he really is huh.
Anonymous

Kingsport, TN

#2 Feb 13, 2013
lil bo peep wrote:
oh, for someone that was down and out i guess all the people praying for him it didnt do any good, this is a prime example that this person isnt going to change,i dont feel one dam bit sorry for him...i guess this really shows what type of man he really is huh.
do you know the man? Court dates were wrong. But thats what happens when you pay a lawyer that doesn't do his job. Mark doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for him.
kathy jo birchfield

Charlotte, NC

#3 Feb 14, 2013
dont start running your alls mouth again!!his lawyer messed up the court dates.he thougt it was thursday.mark did nothing wrong.find out the facts before you start something!!!
on looker

Mountain City, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2013
kathy jo birchfield wrote:
dont start running your alls mouth again!!his lawyer messed up the court dates.he thougt it was thursday.mark did nothing wrong.find out the facts before you start something!!!
well mrs kathy jo,did the sorry piece of shit turn himself in yet?news said the police are looking for him,as far as doing nothing wrong if he hadnt been on drugs with a loaded gun and tried to rob and kidnap these innocent people he wouldnt be in this mess now would he,so yea he did do something wrong!!!!!maybe in your eyes he does no wrong but ask the people he done this to if what he intended to do to them was wrong or not ,also as far as a court date was he that messed up at the jailhouse when the judge set a court date he got it wrong also? thats your problem putting the blame off on someone else its never marks fault so believe what you want, really your probably no better than he is.
on looker

Mountain City, TN

#5 Feb 14, 2013
mlvaughn wrote:
<quoted text>do you know the man? Court dates were wrong. But thats what happens when you pay a lawyer that doesn't do his job. Mark doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for him.
thats good because i dont feel a bit sorry for him and i hope the judge feels the same way......
Anonymous

Kingsport, TN

#6 Feb 14, 2013
on looker wrote:
<quoted text>thats good because i dont feel a bit sorry for him and i hope the judge feels the same way......
were you there the night all this happened seems to me you are just going on what you have read. So all in all you dont know anything about what happened so why don't you just go back to sleep an wait an see. There was a mixup in the court date an it was not Mark that had the wrong date. Just leave him and his family alone get it find someone else to talk about.Get the facts and then run your mouth. He doesn't need or want your pitty your not perfect either no one is. If he ask for you o feel sorry for him then you can tell him you don't.
on looker

Mountain City, TN

#7 Feb 15, 2013
no, i wasnt there that night,if he done me or my family like what he done to these other people they would be more than a hog tieing going on,i dont have to go on what i read all i had to do was look at his picture(mug shot) that told me what kind of shape "the preacher" was in. bubba wont feel sorry for him either.
haha

Gallatin, TN

#8 Feb 22, 2013
i for one love his wife to death and Mark is a good person.No one knows what its like to be addited to pills.Its not easy to just stop them.Its the dr. fault for putyin mark on all the pain pills when he had hos accident,like most doctors do. Mark will have to pay the price rather its in court or whenever.
Highway2Hell

Morganton, NC

#9 Feb 22, 2013
haha wrote:
i for one love his wife to death and Mark is a good person.No one knows what its like to be addited to pills.Its not easy to just stop them.Its the dr. fault for putyin mark on all the pain pills when he had hos accident,like most doctors do. Mark will have to pay the price rather its in court or whenever.
Here we go with "it's the doctors fault " not poor Marks ! Jeez did the Dr force them down his throat and make him swallow them? While I agree some doctors over prescribe pain med's it sure isn't fair to place all the blame on them, the person who is taking them HAS to take some if not the most their self for getting addicted to the drugs. And yes he will pay the price for his stupidity in the choices that was made by HIM .
haha

Charlotte, NC

#10 Feb 23, 2013
No the doctor didnt force them down his throat i think he snorts them lol but you all can all make your judgement but you all have no idea what its like being addited!Its hell,it will change anyone if it lets you.I mean take a look at how mark was befire all this.Look at him after the accident.Its not all dr fault but its hell when ur like that.Untill u get addited dont run ur dam mouths
Walt

Linville, NC

#11 Feb 23, 2013
It's the doctors, it's the pills, it's an addiction. Blame for everyone but the individual. Bottom line, it's all about choices. If you have an addiction, you can choose to check yourself in to rehab and get help. The thing is, you have to want help. There are no excuses. You either do or you don't.
Kathy Jo

Charlotte, NC

#12 Feb 23, 2013
Yes it is his fault but people running their mouths don't help.yes he has made mistakes everyone does.yes his was very bad and we are all paying for it even my kids.it ain't fair to them at all.please stop it only makes it harder on them.
Kathy Jo

Asheboro, NC

#14 Feb 25, 2013
When was this
sad

Johnson City, TN

#16 Feb 27, 2013
I feel bad for Kathy Jo and her kids she's a sweetheart.
misty

Johnson City, TN

#18 Mar 2, 2013
i saw him and tammy baldwin out together too
MDC

Manchester, TN

#19 Mar 2, 2013
I WILL HAVE TO SAY..THIS IS THE REASON I NO LONGER LIVE IN ROAN MTN..SOOOOOOO MANY NAY SAYERS ITS PATHETIC..HAHAHAHA MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH..STOP JUDGING OTHERS FOR A DIFFERRNT SIN THAN YOUR OWN..DID YOU STOP TO THINK..JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE FOR ANYTHING AT AL IS A SIN TOO!!!! YIKES!!!!
news watcher

Mountain City, TN

#20 Mar 2, 2013
I feel bad for this mans family.He did wrong and they are paying the price too.(MDC)I don't hate RM.It is the same in all small towns.When you know your neighbors and their familys on both side for generations it is easy to climb their family tree.And know gossip.Here you are not living in RM but still on topix watching the gossip.You are just as bad.Topix give this family a break let the courts do their job.Let him do his punishment and stop pecking them to death.I don't even know this family well but feel this is old news let it die.
Morrison

Linville, NC

#21 Mar 2, 2013
MDC wrote:
I WILL HAVE TO SAY..THIS IS THE REASON I NO LONGER LIVE IN ROAN MTN..SOOOOOOO MANY NAY SAYERS ITS PATHETIC..HAHAHAHA MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH..STOP JUDGING OTHERS FOR A DIFFERRNT SIN THAN YOUR OWN..DID YOU STOP TO THINK..JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE FOR ANYTHING AT AL IS A SIN TOO!!!! YIKES!!!!
No one has to judge. People judge themselves by their actions. Most people on here are just guilty of pointing out the obvious.
bologna

Mountain City, TN

#22 Mar 3, 2013
MDC wrote:
I WILL HAVE TO SAY..THIS IS THE REASON I NO LONGER LIVE IN ROAN MTN..SOOOOOOO MANY NAY SAYERS ITS PATHETIC..HAHAHAHA MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH..STOP JUDGING OTHERS FOR A DIFFERRNT SIN THAN YOUR OWN..DID YOU STOP TO THINK..JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE FOR ANYTHING AT AL IS A SIN TOO!!!! YIKES!!!!
you say this first thing "THIS IS THE REASON I NO LONGER LIVE IN ROAN MTN..SOOOOOOO MANY NAY SAYERS ITS PATHETIC" then you turn right around and say this"STOP JUDGING OTHERS FOR A DIFFERRNT SIN THAN YOUR OWN..DID YOU STOP TO THINK..JUDGING SOMEONE ELSE FOR ANYTHING AT AL IS A SIN TOO!!!"why dont you clean out your own back yard first........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Buchanan and Jackie Davis 49 min Adam 49
RON SHUPE for SHERIFF (Jul '06) Wed Boonelocal 129
Tammy birchfield Tue Concerned narc 1
#1 Undercover Narc Tue Concerned narc 8
Have you seen Jonathan (Brad ) or Sabrina Tolley (Apr '12) Dec 10 None ur biz 65
Christie P investigated child neglect (Apr '17) Dec 9 Monkey 44
News Mountain City man files lawsuit against Carter ... Dec 9 Mrs Roberson 3

Roan Mountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roan Mountain Mortgages