wreck below roan mountain
wondering

Newland, NC

#1 Mar 27, 2012
Does anyone know anything about the wreck below roan mountain lastnight?
roanmtngranny

Johnson City, TN

#2 Mar 27, 2012
I heard that one of them was a young boy, Jeffery Rhinehart and had both legs broken. Don't know how many people, but they were taken to Johnson City Med. Center. That's all I have heard. I pray they will all be alright even if I don't know them.
billy maynor

Kingsport, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2012
Any more information on this wreck? The SUV was totally up in flames while the car was badly tore up.
jkw

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 30, 2012
I saw it all- and the people in the car in flames got out- barely, but they got out. Of the people in the car in flames (there were three people in that car- It seemed like the lady who was driving had maybe a broken ankle, and maybe more I'm not sure, and the other two in the car seemed okay. I have no idea about the other car- it just seemed like the whole front of it was completely smashed in. I'm really hoping everyone is okay too, and have been checking the news every day.
billy maynor

Kingsport, TN

#5 Mar 30, 2012
Found in 3-30 Johnson City Press (not online- had to type). Hope everyone is ok!

Four people injured in three-vehicle collison

ROAN MOUNTAIN- Four people were injured in a Monday evening accident involving three vehicles on US Highway 19E.
Trooper Dexter Lunceford of the THP said a 17-year old boy from Hampton was driving a 2010 Toyota Corolla northbound on US19E when he lost control, crossed the center line and sideswiped a southbound 2006 Subaru Baja driven by Charles Baldwin, 60, Roan Mountain. Neither Baldwin nor his passenger, Dorothy Baldwin, 59, were reported injured.

Lunceford said the Corolla then struck a 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe head on. The Tahoe flipped after impact and caught fire. The Tahoe was driven by Priscilla McGuire, 39, Newland, N.C. She had two passengers, Gerald McGuire, 36, and a 16-year old girl. All three were injured and taken to JCMC by ground transport.
The 17-year old driver of the Corolla also was injured and taken to the JCMC by helicopter. He was cited by Lunceford for driving left of the center line. The trooper said the Corolla left no marks on the pavement prior to the impact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please help me find my horses 47 min JessicaWhitehead 3
Clawson hollow (Jul '17) 52 min JessicaWhitehead 12
Big White House on 67 West (Aug '16) 3 hr Jim 4
Ghost Riders (Jul '11) Jan 18 joedurt 24
Selwyn Burleson and Wife Jan 18 bob 3
Walter Vines finally gets what’s coming Jan 17 Protest 26
Hampton- The Harlan of East Tennessee (Apr '17) Jan 13 coal miners son 6

Roan Mountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance