Bostic, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

It is not a bad nursing home. Actually it's a very nice facility. Just ran poorly.
wishes

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

"Jarhead" would shut the f*ck up and choke on a co*k. your getting annoying jarhead..
jarhead

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Wishes, your mother really screwed up. When she scraped you off the wall, she should have flushed you down the comode. So having said that. why dont't you take a flying leap on a ten foot razor blade. Oh! with the equipment that you have that would only give you a thrill. Have a merry christmas fag.
LOL

Indiana, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

jarhead wrote:
Ole Roy, if you wasn't a dumbass crackhead you would know that underneath your name it lists a town, and yours says Jonesborough. Just because you express an opinion doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about. Really, I doubt that you've ever been in the place. I can honestly say that I've been in there a lot of times over the past ten years. I have friends in there at this time, have had relatives in there in the past and they all were well taken care of. I know what I'm talking about from experience. Can you say that? Now, I will have to admit that I've never been there during the third shift, so I don't know what goes on during the third shift, but lst and 2nd , I do know. Someopne is lying and its not me. Merry Christmas Roy, hope you can get really high because someone spilled the beans on you on another thread. Thats your choice.
if you wasn't a dumbass crackhead you would know that does not mean thats where they live.. it's location of their IP adress... OH LOOK I live in the united states DUH LOL
LOL

Indiana, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

Curious where is AOL? Never been there. LOL
cna090

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

I've worked at RHNC. It's a very difficult job to have one that I tried very hard to do. No place is perfect but I can honestly say that I DID MY JOB. It's very hard when you have three people naming you off so much to do in such a short amount of time. The residents were taken care of, I can assure you that. I worked very hard to make sure they were clean and bathed and even fed. Every nursing home has their problems. The only problem with RHNC is that there isn't enough hours in a day and not enough help. When you end up staying in a room for 15- to even 45 minutes because something extreme has happened you cannot help that time is so SHORT and sometimes a resident doesn't AUTOMATICALLY get attention. BUT THE RESIDENTS DO GET ATTENTION. And usually when their is a smell of feces it is because a resident has just got CHANGED. You people are ridiculous. You don't understand what the CNA's go through. And if you think you can do any better take your ass up their and put in an application.
the ghost of grady

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Judged:

cna090 wrote:
I've worked at RHNC. It's a very difficult job to have one that I tried very hard to do. No place is perfect but I can honestly say that I DID MY JOB. It's very hard when you have three people naming you off so much to do in such a short amount of time. The residents were taken care of, I can assure you that. I worked very hard to make sure they were clean and bathed and even fed. Every nursing home has their problems. The only problem with RHNC is that there isn't enough hours in a day and not enough help. When you end up staying in a room for 15- to even 45 minutes because something extreme has happened you cannot help that time is so SHORT and sometimes a resident doesn't AUTOMATICALLY get attention. BUT THE RESIDENTS DO GET ATTENTION. And usually when their is a smell of feces it is because a resident has just got CHANGED. You people are ridiculous. You don't understand what the CNA's go through. And if you think you can do any better take your ass up their and put in an application.
roan highlands has plenty of applications on file plenty of cnas putting in applications but they wont hire enough of them to actually be fully staffed to take care of the patients the less they hire the more money is saved to line their pockets with.
cna

Bostic, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

the ghost of grady wrote:
<quoted text>roan highlands has plenty of applications on file plenty of cnas putting in applications but they wont hire enough of them to actually be fully staffed to take care of the patients the less they hire the more money is saved to line their pockets with.
i agree, if they would hire enough help to begin with then alot of this would be avoided
Tony

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Doris is a bad nurse she works in the dining room and rushes them through so quickly these old people can't eat. She wants them in and out as fast as possible and wants the cna's to give as little assistance as possible. These people eat and digest at a slower pace than we do and patience should be given to them. Doris is not the one to work the dining room. And Lisa is the nurse who give multiple orders to the cna's and expects you to do 15 things at one time. She is demanding and inconsiderate of the cna's.
Beentheredonetha t

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Tony, your post is so true, its been awhile since I was there at suppertime but it waws exactly as you say. Doris is late from smoking and then wants to hurry and get back to smoke. Lisa does exactly that, can't even give a drink of water to the patient, gets a CNA to do that. Very demanding and inconsiderate to say the leaat.
sunnydaize

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

Just curios? How many of you that have posted here have ever worked in the healthcare field? You Don't realize how much responsibility and hard work is required to work in a nursing home. Most of these nurses and CNA's work their butts off every day taking care of their residents. If you think it is a pie job then I suggest instead of sitting there at your computer you sign up to volunteer at one of your local nursing homes. Roan Highlands may not be the best nursing home in the area but it's not because the nurses and CNA's are not working hard,or are not trying. When your responsible for forty plus residents it's not so easy to cater to family members and administrations every whim. The only way it is going to be as a good of a facility as it used to be is to get rid of some of the chiefs.
cloudy haze

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

sunny daize read comment #47 and comment #48 its explained clearly,i dont think i have read one post on here where anyone has said its a easy job your comment said these nurses and CNA's work their butts off every day taking care of their residents.i dont know about now but about a year or so ago that wasnt the case most of the nurses were just down right lazy they acted like it would kill them if they had to answer a call light or if you asked them to help you do something with your family member.they would roll their eyes like a 14 year old teenager .or look at you like you just ask them to stand in front of a firing squad.the c.n.a.s were really hard workers running their butts off.but after reading comment #49 and #50 it sounds like it hasnt changed much.if this is true about a nurse up there thats to lazy to give a patient a drink of water then sunny daize explain to me how thats working your butt off and dont give a reason like their so busy they didnt have time or their so busy they forgot that isnt a excuse period they need fired on the spot period.
tony

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Yeah lisa is demanding, she shouts for a cna to do everything, all nurses do is pass meds that's it. Cnas do it all. feed change dress and put to bed lisa and doris are in the wrong place they rush people and are to demanding. Someone should complain to the nursing home about them.
tinkerbelle

Bostic, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Hehehe CL, CM, CG OR CL( OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS NOW- BITCH HAS BEEN MARRIED A DOZEN TIMES), JP KD SS are a joke.
sunnydaize

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

cloudy haze, I know some of the nurses up there and most of them I believe do a pretty good job considering what they have to put up with. Could it be that mabey you are letting a few bad apples(or in this case nurses) spoil the whole bunch? Just curious about which nurses exactly you are talking about? Tinkerbell, you are sooooooo right. Sounds like mabey you have worked there at Roan Hellands.
tinkerbelle

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Roan Hellands is sooooo ryt LOL sounds like maybe you worked there too eh?
sunnydaize

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Once upon a time I may have graced their doors.
sookiesue

Bostic, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Sounds like several of us have worked together at one point or another. :)
sunnydaize

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Great, maybe we should start a support group, hahahha!:) Royally screwed anonymous, it's more than a twelve step program.LOL
agree

Bostic, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

lol we should all just open our own nursing home i am sure with all of our experience we could run it. haha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 15 min WOW 9,268
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 35 min Mississippi gurl 144,722
denise clawson (Mar '11) 7 hr lol 22
danny garner aka dj 22 hr BRP 2
jonah woods and jacob barnett 22 hr corous 1
Dollar General Brunette 23 hr damnnn 14
Denise clawson 23 hr clawson82 4

Search the Roan Mountain Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Roan Mountain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000