First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fedup

Elizabethton, TN

#1 May 30, 2012
I am so sick of carter co. we care more about a jail than about our childrens education We pour all this money in to a hotel for criminals,and the schools end up having to cut positions due to the lack of MONEY something is WRONG with place.
ur right

Elizabethton, TN

#2 May 30, 2012
Im with u this hole co. is going down the drain I think alot of the probelm is all the PEOPLE that has moved in here.They don't CARE about the community or the people that were born and rised here It wood be great if they all went back where they came from.
newlifeontheroan

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Jun 3, 2012
I am sorry that you feel that way "ur right". I moved here 5 years ago from Florida where the schools are big, crime is high, and you never know who owns the grocery store. I love it here in Roan Mountain and the people here are some of the most welcoming and down to earth people I have ever known! I for one DO care about this community and the people in it-and in fact have personally been a home heath care provider for many of this communities bed ridden and dying for the whole time I have been here. This is mine and my boys home now and we will NOT be leaving. It seems that your judgement of all people that have moved here is misguided. I would be more concerned with the drug problem and lack of employed citizens in this community ruining Roan Mountain's name- rather than pointing the finger at the people who move here because of Roan Mountain's beauty! And to address the 1st post- I am so sick of criminals being treated better that our children are also! My kids go to both Cloudland schools- I feel they deserve so much better! I am with you on that one! Carter county needs to wake up and give these kids what is THIER right- EDUCATION! It is pretty sad that the criminals get more meals than my kids do, free health care while I pay for ours, and education, and our kids are pretty much being pushed out of thier school!
welcome

Round Lake, IL

#4 Jun 3, 2012
Let me be the first to welcome you to RM. The real problem around here is the locals. Narrow-minded, judgmental hypocrits who love to gossip. I'm not saying everyone, but I would say a good 30 percent of the locals here only care about their next high. they don't want to work for anything better so that is why its so hard to get anything done around here.
go back

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Jun 3, 2012
welcome wrote:
Let me be the first to welcome you to RM. The real problem around here is the locals. Narrow-minded, judgmental hypocrits who love to gossip. I'm not saying everyone, but I would say a good 30 percent of the locals here only care about their next high. they don't want to work for anything better so that is why its so hard to get anything done around here.
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE.go back where you came from nobody is forcing you to stay here
HOME

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Jun 3, 2012
newlifeontheroan wrote:
I am sorry that you feel that way "ur right". I moved here 5 years ago from Florida where the schools are big, crime is high, and you never know who owns the grocery store. I love it here in Roan Mountain and the people here are some of the most welcoming and down to earth people I have ever known! I for one DO care about this community and the people in it-and in fact have personally been a home heath care provider for many of this communities bed ridden and dying for the whole time I have been here. This is mine and my boys home now and we will NOT be leaving. It seems that your judgement of all people that have moved here is misguided. I would be more concerned with the drug problem and lack of employed citizens in this community ruining Roan Mountain's name- rather than pointing the finger at the people who move here because of Roan Mountain's beauty! And to address the 1st post- I am so sick of criminals being treated better that our children are also! My kids go to both Cloudland schools- I feel they deserve so much better! I am with you on that one! Carter county needs to wake up and give these kids what is THIER right- EDUCATION! It is pretty sad that the criminals get more meals than my kids do, free health care while I pay for ours, and education, and our kids are pretty much being pushed out of thier school!
My sister teaches in the carter co system and its just as bad in all the schools not just Cloudland I hope you enjoy living there i just had to leave to find work I love it up there YOUR KIDS will get a good education at CLOUDLAND.
welcome

Round Lake, IL

#7 Jun 3, 2012
go back wrote:
<quoted text>IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE.go back where you came from nobody is forcing you to stay here
oh I like it here. I never said I was unhappy living here. I just think the mindset of alot of folk here is pretty pathetic.
fedup

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Jun 4, 2012
welcome wrote:
<quoted text>oh I like it here. I never said I was unhappy living here. I just think the mindset of alot of folk here is pretty pathetic.
Its not just Roan mtn its all of carter co.could you give me an example of what you mean.I think its that way all over not just in Roan mtn.Most of the people i know do their very best I'm not saying all of them but most.Are the people rude to you or what,alot of the people there have been pushed around by the people that has moved here Some not all.I know at the high school we had to take down the TEN COMMANDMENTS just because of 1 or 2 kids that had moved here.Most people move in and try to fit in but some want it the way it is where they came from.They try to take over keep in mind not all but some.I hope you love living here and i hope that all of your family enjoys living here.I HOPE YOUR ONES THAT FIT IN NOT ONES WHO WANT TO TAKE OVER.GO LANDERS
JTK

Linville, NC

#9 Jun 4, 2012
ur right wrote:
Im with u this hole co. is going down the drain I think alot of the probelm is all the PEOPLE that has moved in here.They don't CARE about the community or the people that were born and rised here It wood be great if they all went back where they came from.
The real problem here is the people that want to keep things just the way it is and not progress. If you ain't moving forward, you're going backward.
welcome

Round Lake, IL

#10 Jun 5, 2012
fedup wrote:
<quoted text>Its not just Roan mtn its all of carter co.could you give me an example of what you mean.I think its that way all over not just in Roan mtn.Most of the people i know do their very best I'm not saying all of them but most.Are the people rude to you or what,alot of the people there have been pushed around by the people that has moved here Some not all.I know at the high school we had to take down the TEN COMMANDMENTS just because of 1 or 2 kids that had moved here.Most people move in and try to fit in but some want it the way it is where they came from.They try to take over keep in mind not all but some.I hope you love living here and i hope that all of your family enjoys living here.I HOPE YOUR ONES THAT FIT IN NOT ONES WHO WANT TO TAKE OVER.GO LANDERS
The last post was what I had in mind when I speak of narrow-minded. Locals are scared to death of change and instead of engaging in civil dialogue, they start screaming "go the h*ll back where you came from". Like you said, its not all, but there are enough of them that it slows progress. I've visited most of the local churches in the area and most of them are just social circles. but I guess you are right, its not just around here.
fedup

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Jun 5, 2012
JTK wrote:
<quoted text>
The real problem here is the people that want to keep things just the way it is and not progress. If you ain't moving forward, you're going backward.
What's wrong with things staying the same,your in a small town what kind of progess are you wanting?
unwelcome

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Jun 9, 2012
I think we're getting off of the subject this post was about how the SCHOOLS in carter co. are being cut left and right but we'll pay millons of $$$$ for a jail that we're not using i think thats pretty BAD
flying

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jun 11, 2012
hate it
Lou

Cleveland, GA

#14 Sep 29, 2012
Do you guys have the lottery. That is what helped NC schools was the lottery.I plan on moving back to cc after my child gets out of school.Love Hampton,and everybody there.I cant wait 2 more years and I will be back to GODS COUNTRY
fedup

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Lou wrote:
Do you guys have the lottery. That is what helped NC schools was the lottery.I plan on moving back to cc after my child gets out of school.Love Hampton,and everybody there.I cant wait 2 more years and I will be back to GODS COUNTRY
I wouldn't come back to this crappy place.keep your kid where your at now nothing here but METH heads STAY AWAY
hillbilly frank

Spruce Pine, NC

#16 Oct 2, 2012
welcome wrote:
<quoted text>The last post was what I had in mind when I speak of narrow-minded. Locals are scared to death of change and instead of engaging in civil dialogue, they start screaming "go the h*ll back where you came from". Like you said, its not all, but there are enough of them that it slows progress. I've visited most of the local churches in the area and most of them are just social circles. but I guess you are right, its not just around here.
well your post is what i had in mind when i speak of smartass foreigners moving in here, and trying to take over, just because fedup was just posting what was on their mind you had to stick your 2 cents in with a nasty little comment by calling them narrow-minded.see its people such as yourself that run around to all the local churches acting like you some kind of saint then talking about them by calling the churches in roan mtn social circles, you sound like a troublemaker to me as far as being scared of a change i am not nor is most people in roan mountain ,but i wouldnt like to change on account of people like you,as far as schools goes why should we have to change to accommodate foreigners i think if you want to live and go to school here you should have to be the one to change to our ways of living not the other way around.i think what the country should do anyhow is round up all you yankees and mexicans and gays and put every dam one of you on a island somewhere away from society.........
hillbilly frank

Spruce Pine, NC

#17 Oct 2, 2012
welcome wrote:
"quoteThe real problem around here is the locals. Narrow-minded, judgmental hypocrits who love to gossip".sounds to me like you moved in here with a problem of name calling locals, you see dickhead your type is the real reason we dont like people moving here..........
hillbilly frank

Spruce Pine, NC

#18 Oct 2, 2012
welcome wrote:
<quoted text>oh I like it here. I never said I was unhappy living here. I just think the mindset of alot of folk here is pretty pathetic.
i think the mindset of your smartass type is pretty pathetic
hillbilly frank

Spruce Pine, NC

#19 Oct 2, 2012
fedup wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't come back to this crappy place.keep your kid where your at now nothing here but METH heads STAY AWAY
yes your right were just a bunch of narrow minded crack smoking hillbillies, that goes to church on sundays and gossip in a social ring about how we dont want to change to your life style were so pathetic. so please dont even think about moving to roan mtn we have enough foreigners living here already.
big mamma

Mountain City, TN

#20 Oct 24, 2012
who wouldn't love RM I do!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jenny and joey street 30 min biggie p 3
topix's KING 333 6 hr biggie p 5
Robby Byrd 12 hr biggie p 5
Great Service at Bob's May 3 king333 15
LBGT Community in Roan May 3 king333 11
Little Clawson girl May 1 Facts 1
Fallon May 1 For Sure 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roan Mountain Mortgages