First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Appalled

Morganton, NC

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Do they teach this at Cloudland? Well they should!!!!
Imsure

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Sep 19, 2012
I am sure that they do teach it but they can not control what goes on once the students leave the school. The parents are the ones who have more control over this. Keep a check on your daughters, when they tell you where they are going and who they are going with check up on them. Its not rocket science we were all teenagers at one time so its not like we don't know what they are thinking in their teenage years.
Really

Morganton, NC

#3 Sep 19, 2012
You can't watch your kid 24/7. You can give them a curfew and call them every 15 minutes but you still can't watch them constantly. Teenagers no right from wrong. They don't always use good judgement and neither did the majority of parents. Things happen sometimes and you deal with it or kick them out. What kind of parent are you??? Me myself I will always support my kid no matter what.
Helpful

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
If you have a good enough relationship with your child you should be able to beat it in their heads to have protection, IE condoms!!!!! birth control helps to keep from havin babies, but condoms protect ALOT more. And yes girls should keep them as well. PERIOD Oh and I am a mother of a young/coming of age girl,and a teenage stepson.. Conversations will/do apply to both!
LISTEN

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Honey let me tell you something I had a great relationship with my mom she talk to me all the time about sex. I had a baby when I was 17 yrs old I'm 21 now and I was on birth control and messed up, but It wasn't my moms fault she done everything right she talk to me about sex, condoms and everything else it was my fault i didn't listen to her so it don't matter what you do.I hope they do listen and you should talk to them but don't get on here acting like parents don't do there job.YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT MIGHT COME BACK AND BITE YOU IN THE BUTT!!! sometimes teenager makes mistakes believe me I was one of them.I thank God for my mom being there for me when I was a teenager even though she was heart broken, cause she had sit down with me and had lots of conversations.It was my fault I should have listen to my mom instead of acting like a know it all teenager.That all you can do is talk to them cause you can't be with them 24/7.
Helpful

Spencer, WV

#6 Sep 21, 2012
Listen Honey, I never said it was anyones fault!!! I never mentioned blame ANYWHERE. But apparently you still don't listen or want to, cause you go blowing up at me? I guess it's because you are all GROWN UP now. My bad.
andy

Spruce Pine, NC

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Helpful wrote:
Listen Honey, I never said it was anyones fault!!! I never mentioned blame ANYWHERE. But apparently you still don't listen or want to, cause you go blowing up at me? I guess it's because you are all GROWN UP now. My bad.
not so helpful,i think listen was referring to comment #2 what makes you think she was blowing up at /referring to you ? your not the only one that has a comment on here..........
Helpful

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2012
Because I was the one referring to talking to your kids. Which was pretty much what her post was about.
Helpful

United States

#9 Sep 21, 2012
Furthermore if she IS referring to someone in general she needs to make it clear, so she does not get an unintentional backlash.. This is the internet not a face to face conversation to know exact intent of her post. I thought the same thing and read her comment several times, only to come to the conclusion it was to me.
Tara Maney

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Yes they do teach birth contol at cloudland, but condoms don't always work BELIEVE ME! I was one of the preggo teens. When ya'll put crap like this on here, it bothers the frigg outa me. It's none of your buisiness what the girls are going through. Your not there parents so leave them (us) alone. And I'm not really sure about the other girls but me my husband and my baby are takin care of, so don't worry ab your tax money. Atleast these girls are making the right choice and not getting abortions.
John H

Linville, NC

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Tara Maney wrote:
Yes they do teach birth contol at cloudland, but condoms don't always work BELIEVE ME! I was one of the preggo teens. When ya'll put crap like this on here, it bothers the frigg outa me. It's none of your buisiness what the girls are going through. Your not there parents so leave them (us) alone. And I'm not really sure about the other girls but me my husband and my baby are takin care of, so don't worry ab your tax money. Atleast these girls are making the right choice and not getting abortions.
Actually the girls (and guys) are making the wrong choice and having unprotected sex. It's all about choices. One wrong decision can affect u for the rest of your life. You all have accepted the fact that this is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. That is a cop out. Parents are responsible for their kids decisions. If you are going to tell them it's ok to have sex, at least provide them with protection.
Wow

Newland, NC

#12 Sep 27, 2012
John H wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the girls (and guys) are making the wrong choice and having unprotected sex. It's all about choices. One wrong decision can affect u for the rest of your life. You all have accepted the fact that this is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. That is a cop out. Parents are responsible for their kids decisions. If you are going to tell them it's ok to have sex, at least provide them with protection.
Did you even read her post? What a boober you are! This crap is getting old. This is just one or two people going on and on. Shut up already! Get your own life and stay out of everyones elses!
John H

Linville, NC

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read her post? What a boober you are! This crap is getting old. This is just one or two people going on and on. Shut up already! Get your own life and stay out of everyones elses!
Typical.
who cares

Oak Ridge, TN

#14 Oct 28, 2013
getting pregnant in high school has went on for years the girls who have gotten pregnant have been left by their boyfriends and are good moms raising their kids on their own at 17 still keeping up grades, applying for college give them a break
jason

Newland, NC

#15 Oct 28, 2013
we were giving them a break you idiot...... this thread hadn't had a comment in over a year until your stupid azz brought it back up duh.............
Joey

Newland, NC

#16 Oct 29, 2013
I can smell the herpes in the air!!!!! I don't even have to cross the state line to smell it!!!
Lol

Morganton, NC

#17 Oct 29, 2013
Joey wrote:
I can smell the herpes in the air!!!!! I don't even have to cross the state line to smell it!!!
Dang that was such a great laugh, Joey! But next time make sure that no one in Avery County has any kind of STD's before you talk shit about Roan Mountain.
wedlock

United States

#18 Oct 29, 2013
Its how the lil hoochies are raised. Sad but definitely true.
jason

Newland, NC

#19 Oct 29, 2013
who cares wrote:
getting pregnant in high school has went on for years the girls who have gotten pregnant have been left by their boyfriends and are good moms raising their kids on their own at 17 still keeping up grades, applying for college give them a break
"good moms raising their kids on their own at 17 still keeping up grades, applying for college give them a break"see the above comments dumbass then you say give them a break you're the very little snot that has got this started again geeze.........
jason

Newland, NC

#20 Oct 29, 2013
Joey wrote:
joey keep you're mouth closed so we don't have to smell it..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roan Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can anybody let me know something thanks ..... (Oct '16) 6 hr Reader 10
Pedophile's in Butler is Rick Matherly! 9 hr Blur 1
Know it all 15 hr Wondering 32
George Robinson going to prison? Mon IN THE KNOW 23
Samantha Buchanan and Jackie Davis Sun Michael 34
What kind of man is Carl Lunsford jr Sun Lisa lynn 1
Billy Church "Fletcher" Jul 23 Time to wake up 15

Roan Mountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance