peoples trust insurance company

Posted in the Riviera Beach Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
suze

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2008
They offer the lowest rates in Florida. Are they for real.
Alex

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Nov 12, 2008
I have to just warn you must becarful with this company. They don't handle claims like most companies. As a matter of fact you must use the estimates their contractors give and if you don't use thier contractors to do the work you have to find another company. They won't pay anymore than what the contractor estimates. I'd also like to add they take of a lot of coverages that are very important. BUYER BEWARE
Ron

AOL

#3 Nov 18, 2008
Lets see 140000 policies,big storm and 100 policies suffer $100.000 worth of damage. Thats $10,000,000 Million of their reserve thats gone?
Re- insured with RE? for how much? Re-insurance doesn't come cheap.I also don't like the idea of so callled contractor giving an estimate. If the contractor derives money from the company, guess who's favor the estimate is going to be in?
You got it, the company. Look what happened to companies with storm Charlie &etc. Yep, filed for bankruptcyleft a lot of people in the hole and those companies were better funded thanthis one.
Before I would change,I would call the State and ask some hard questions. BOCA RATON IS ALSO HOME TO MANY SHADY BUSINESS DEALS.
aNYWAY, YOUR DECISION.
jack

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Just received a flyer in the paper re insurance with this company at 25% of what we are paying for home owners. Too good to be real? Has anyone ever had any dealings with this company? Do they have a Best's rating? What is Florida's rating of this company? Anyone know?
adie

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2008
Have just sent out a bulletin to our Chamber of Commerce to see how these guys are rated. Their fews are so low it scares me. They sure are spending a lot of money sending out these flyers.

Since: Nov 08

Lake City, FL

#6 Nov 28, 2008
Thanks for the tip!!

I must add here that it bewilders me why so many people live in the hurrican alley that is Palm Beach County, live in fragile mobile homes, or in palaces along the water's edge ("for tyhe view"), and then wonder why they pay so much for insurance?

I'll be receiving a quote on Monday, I hope, and thanks again!
Howard E Robertson

Sanford, FL

#7 Nov 29, 2008
I have lived in my current home 19 years. I am buying a new home to take advantage of the current real estate market. I was just told by State Farm they can not write a new policy.... What? I have had continuious coverage (homeowners, life, liability, autos and boat) for 40+ years with NO CLAIMS!!!! But, they can service me thru Citizens for $2,000.00 per year. Sevice me, what's that anyway? So, shopping around I find that almost the exact same policy with PT is $1301.00. Guess What? Good bye State Farm!!! Again no claims with S Farm. How important can it be?
bill swillbait

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Dec 3, 2008
Here's what I did. I called the oir. and asked them their thoughts. they told me everything i needed and more to feel good about callin up for a quote. People's saved me 4THOUSAND dollars on my insurance. Don't believe me? You don't have to. I'm the one that saved it. want to judge this company by what if's, good for you. All I care about is will my policy be honored in a complete leveling of florida, and the answer is YES. I'm 100% covered. It's worth calling. citizens was over charging me 4,356k. over 4K. One more time... over 4 k.
johnny dangerously

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Dec 3, 2008
from what I understand after speaking with the Office of Insurance Regulations (police of insuance in fl) this company is doing everything in it's power to give fl. homeowners some sort of price cut. Why are we so quick to hang the first company that is trying to lower rates, instead of focusing on the bigger corp's that have been robbing us of thousands of dollars so many years? I had state farm for a number of years, and they never allowed me to change my "other structures" coverage, said it was included. yeah, included in the price they overcharged me. People's trust actually allowed me to lower this, which resulted in tons of savings. My policy is under P.T. and anyone that doesn't seriously consider this company is short changing themselves.
FLORIDIAN

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#10 Dec 3, 2008
DO NOT TRUST THIS INSURANCE COMPANY...JUST WAIT TILL YOU HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE REALY COVERED FOR! THEY DELETE IMPORTANT COVERAGES THAT THE CLIENT IS UNAWARE OF. JUST WAIT AND SEE IF THE SAVINGS IS WORTH IT... LETS SEE HOW LONG THEY LAST.
Scooter

Lake City, FL

#11 Dec 4, 2008
If you idiots who choose to live in a hurrican zone (hurrican alley) would only buy strong houses instead of mobile homes, and get the hell away from the ocean, all our rates might go down. The rest of us living all over the state pay for your stupidity.
Scooter

Lake City, FL

#12 Dec 4, 2008
Forgot to add - at the risk of offending the Liberals - because Bush wil be out of office soon, there will be nomore hurricanes. Right?
tory

AOL

#13 Dec 14, 2008
I would like to get fire and theft insurance. No hurricane and no liability. This is a second home. I have a blanket liabilty policy and will take my chances on hurricanes Has anyone have this type of coverage with Peoples Trust?
suze

United States

#14 Dec 21, 2008
Just received my bill from state farm. Had wind mitigation which is supposed to save you money, right? My house is only 12 yrs. old, hurricane shutters, no claims ever.$5,458 for a 2 bd. den, 2 bath home not anywhere near the water. What did I save? State Farm is nuts. Who can afford this and then no hurricane, just giving them money. Spoke to Peoples. They are extremely inexpensive. Offered me everything I had except lowered personal property to $44,400 instead of somewhere in the hundred thousands from state farm. Offered sinkhole, fungus, which state farm charges extra for. 2% hurricane coverage. Yes, they have their own people come out to access the damage and fix it, sort of like belonging to century or ecm. But State Farm admitted to me that their adjusters have no experience. They just sort of guess at what you should be paid. I think I'll take a chance on Peoples. Also Royal Palm, a take-out company from allstate is very reasonable if you get wind mitigation. If we keep giving money to places like state farm, they'll just keep taking advantage of us. Last year I didn't even have hurricane coverage, just all perils. Florida law says if you don't have a mortgage, you can get just fire and hazard. No hurricane insurance. I did it. After all, when you consider how much the coverage is, the deductible, you're already shelling out over $12,000 before state farm speaks to you.
WAITING ON A CLAIM

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jan 8, 2009
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE BEING AUDITED COME NEXT WEEK DUE TO MANY COMPLAINTS. AND IM SURE THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE ONE OF THEIR NON-EXPERIENCED REPS GET ON HERE AND PRETEND TO BE AN INCREDIBLY SATISFIED POLICY HOLDER. DO NOT BELIEVE IT THEY TAKE MONTHS TO RESPOND TO A CLAIM TRUST ME I WITNESSED THIS FIRST HAND. THEY TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR CURRENT COMPANY IS OVER INSURING YOU?? WELL I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I'D RATHER BE OVER INSURED THEN NOT BE INSURED ENOUGH. THEY WON'T BE AROUND MUCH LONGER...SO BUYING A POLICY WITH THEM IS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS YOU THINK YOUR GETTING YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PURCHASE A NEW POLICY 6 MONTHS FROM NOW WHEN THE PLACE GOES OUT OF BUSINESS AND THEY FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY...YOU DON'T GET ANY KIND OF REFUND AND THE OWNER POCKETS THE MONEY. IT'S REALLY SAD HOW THIS COMPANY IS TAKING HOMEOWNERS FOR A RIDE ESPECIALLY THE WAY THINGS ARE TODAY. THEY'RE COMING INTO THE INDUSTRY ACTING LIKE THEY WANT TO HELP?!? BUT IN REALITY THEYRE RIPPING YOU OFF! AT LEAST IF YOU WANT TO START A NEW BUSINESS COME IN WITH HONESTY ONE YOU BUILD A NAME FOR YOUR SELF THEN YOU CAN BE SHADY. APPARENTLY WHO EVER MADE THIS BUSINESS PLAN IS VERY SMART...BUT THEY CAN ONLY BE SMART IF US HOMEOWNERS ALLOW THEM TO BE. STOP INVESTING INTO THE BIG GUYS POCKETS!!! STAY WITH YOUR CURRENT PREMIUM WHETHER ITS A BIG NAME OR NO NAME COMPANY....PEOPLES TRUST IS JUST TERRIBLE!
P.S. IF IT SOUNDS LIKE IM ANGRY WELL YOUR RIGHT....I HAVENT HAD ANYTHING DONE WITH MY CLAIM WHEN THE PROMISE THAT THEY WOULDVE HAD SOMEONE OUT WITHIN A WEEK! ITS NOW BEEN 23 DAYS SINCE I'VE FILED! I HAVE WATER, MOLD, AND NOW EVEN A COCKAROACH PROBLEM!! PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A WARNING!
WAITING ON A CLAIM

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Jan 8, 2009
oh and to bill and johnny in the keys?? people's trust may have lowered your other structures coverage? but are you aware that your not covered for hurricane coverage in monroe county?? i mean isn't that something really important in a place that never gets missed by hurricanes...but im sure that wasnt mentioned but hey at least your not paying for that non-existent fence huh good deal! hope no hurricanes hit while your under Peoples Trust....oh and your both probably not even real customers...Ive called a couple of times to the company and every time they write me an email they refer to the company as PT...lets be a little sneakier next time yeah?
thothikofit

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2009
Scooter wrote:
If you idiots who choose to live in a hurrican zone (hurrican alley) would only buy strong houses instead of mobile homes, and get the hell away from the ocean, all our rates might go down. The rest of us living all over the state pay for your stupidity.
Has this idiot forgotten that hurricane Charley passed right through the center of the state. Take your head out of your @#%. Maybe go back to where you came from...... PS Try using spell check!
gettingcannedbys f

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jan 29, 2009
I called the Insurance Commissioner's office and asked what would happen if the company could not pay a claim. The said that there is a thing called the Guaranty Fund that would cover it.

Obviously PT would get crushed and bankrupt with the first huge storm that caused widespread damage.

But now we hear SF wants to can everybody in the state so what choice do we have. They have had no claims since the hurricane of 04 -- what have they done with all that money??
Gloria

Bradenton, FL

#19 Jan 29, 2009
Peoples is backed by Ford Insurance Guarantee Association.
By the way the Florida Guaranty Fund is just about broke.
Did everyone know that the state of Florida supposedly paid Warren Buffet millions of dollars for the "Right " to ask for a loan last year in case of severe hurricaine damage. Since we had no hurricaine damage last year we made Mr. Buffet millions of dollars richer.
Citizens will be going up on their rates especially if SF goes out.
Mich

Lehigh Acres, FL

#20 Jan 29, 2009
Waiting on a claim -- I want to know did the company help you yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riviera Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 39 min stryk 2,984
Angela Kolomiyets A.K.A. Angela Dolo A.K.A Ange... 6 hr EGG 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 15 hr Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) Sun MrJames104 9
Roche Bobois Paris to open in Aventura Sep 25 shara 1
Man fired from Hoover's Ross Bridge resort fata... Sep 24 gulf 1
Riviera Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Riviera Beach Jobs

Riviera Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riviera Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riviera Beach

Personal Finance