More Police

Less Police

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
WAY OUT WEST

Ellensburg, WA

#1 May 17, 2008
I would ask all those that respond to elaborate on the responses. Thank you in advance.
Free Thinker

Muskegon, MI

#2 May 17, 2008
More police, and police that do their jobs. We have quite a few. But there are some that are just not worth their spit. That can't be tolerated here, we need to have officers who don't insult and degrade the common citizen.

got a story for you I just heard, don't know when it happened. Woman was beaten up, called the police. Officer who answered the phone laughed at her, would not send a car. She had fresh bruises. Reason for not sending car: assailant wasn't there, there was nothing the police can do. This isn't a drug user, alcoholic or street person. This is a homeowner and a hard-working citizen. Even a street person should not have to be degraded when a crime is committed against them.

Just the other day, someone was seen with an item stolen from a residents home. Police were called. Item identified and returned to the owner. The kicker: the victim and the identifying resident involved were SHOCKED the police were so nice and friendly toward them. Not used to that. Good job, officers. Thanks for making those citizens feel safe and gaining their trust in you.
weasel stop

Chicago, IL

#3 May 19, 2008
get rid of the weasels for starters. The cops could do a better job if they weren't being pestered.
weaselwanker

Detroit, MI

#5 May 19, 2008
How is a weasel allowed to run for public office? What type of elections allow that? Could it be that the weasel misunderstood and thought someone said ERECTION instead of ELECTION so he got in line?
pippi

Detroit, MI

#6 May 19, 2008
what r u people talkin about?
Momma Weasel

Scranton, PA

#7 May 19, 2008
Now dont go picking on my punk kissing weezel son he aint done nothing wrong just trying to procure more land we are known for our land he cant help he has to steel wood from the city to have some
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#8 May 19, 2008
this forem is outta hand
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#9 May 19, 2008
What type of persin is a mamma weasel? Is this the jerk who is a councilman and steals fromme his own citizins?
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#10 May 19, 2008
Im looken for a girlfriend i had beak in the sixtys one fine looken womman italian gal i believe, black curly locks of hair cant remember her name at the moment
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#11 May 19, 2008
last i herd she married some hick that was about as dum as a rock she thot he had money cauze he had some good lines but she was mistaken, thinkin the name might be mary someting
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#12 May 19, 2008
wasn't duffield that was another one blonde maybe two first names had a crazy sister to
The Supervisor

Chicago, IL

#13 May 19, 2008
from what I have heard one of the ways to reduced the crime rate in Ecorse is to get rid of some of the new politicians that talked a good game before the election and now they are just as dirty and underhanded as the ones that were just voted out. how can the citizens have any respect for there selves or there city when those in power are using it for dirty deeds either they are parforming them deeds there self or they are turning there heads while others are doing illegal things either way it isn't the way things should be done. I would advice the new mayor to get his house in order or there ewill be someone in the next election that will win by a landslide its a shame that the people of Ecorse back a man who brought such hope to the city but now that he is comfortably in office he seems to be going ina differant direction wake up people, takes notes, remember what is happening you dont need another hitler regime other cities and other states are wwatching your little town carefully and we are seeing a lot wrong its time to fix it
Eye on you

Pontiac, MI

#15 May 20, 2008
Free Thinker wrote:
More police, and police that do their jobs. We have quite a few. But there are some that are just not worth their spit. That can't be tolerated here, we need to have officers who don't insult and degrade the common citizen.
got a story for you I just heard, don't know when it happened. Woman was beaten up, called the police. Officer who answered the phone laughed at her, would not send a car. She had fresh bruises. Reason for not sending car: assailant wasn't there, there was nothing the police can do. This isn't a drug user, alcoholic or street person. This is a homeowner and a hard-working citizen. Even a street person should not have to be degraded when a crime is committed against them.
Just the other day, someone was seen with an item stolen from a residents home. Police were called. Item identified and returned to the owner. The kicker: the victim and the identifying resident involved were SHOCKED the police were so nice and friendly toward them. Not used to that. Good job, officers. Thanks for making those citizens feel safe and gaining their trust in you.
I agree new police that know how to be the police. I can count on one hand the number of good officers at that department. The last anministration fired all the good officers and kept the ass kissing, corrupt, evil officers. I can't wait till the rest of the 2nd tier officers take over the union. Then maybe officers will get fair representation and the corrupt will be left hanging out to dry where they should be. They have only hired back one officer from the 15 that were fraudulently fired during a 3 year spurt. Trevino is one of those good officers I mentioned!!!! Otherwise I have been hearing some disturbing stories my self. Its to bad!!! Its pathetic and its a shame.
MelissaJ377

Detroit, MI

#16 May 20, 2008
hopefully soon more of the fradulently fired officers will be returned. I'm happy to see Officer Trevino back!
WAY OUT WEST

Ellensburg, WA

#17 May 24, 2008
So who is the police chief now?

Yams Bum

Pontiac, MI

#18 May 27, 2008
WAY OUT WEST wrote:
So who is the police chief now?
Tolbert
MelissaJ377

Detroit, MI

#19 May 28, 2008
willie?

“Mayor loses by a landslide”

Since: Jun 07

Detroit

#21 May 28, 2008
MelissaJ377 wrote:
willie?
Yes
WAY OUT WEST

Ellensburg, WA

#22 May 29, 2008
Let me know the next time the police chiefs job is open. I will try for it
NEWSFLASH

Wyandotte, MI

#23 Jun 4, 2008

DeShawn Reed and his uncle, Marvin Reed, are seven years into 20-year sentences for assault with intent to commit murder in the 2000 shooting of a man DeShawn went to school with in their Ecorse neighborhood.

Like many convicted prisoners, they've maintained their innocence since they were arrested.

The shooting victim, Shannon Gholston, 30, is paralyzed from the neck down. He spent at least a year in hospitals and now lives in the same close-knit Ecorse neighborhood with his parents in a white brick house just two blocks from where he was shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
AUDIO
"WDET interviews Sandra Svoboda about this story." (MP3)
SEE ALSO
More Law Stories
Fieger vs. Meijer (5/21/2008)
Why the feds are hot to get Fieger.

Fashion police?(5/7/2008)
Cops fear zipping up can lead to sticking up.

Tragedy and litigation (4/16/2008)
1997 crash left Wings star, staffer disabled; lawsuit goes to trial here later this month

More from Sandra Svoboda
A spirit of Detroit (5/14/2008)
Col. Philetus Norris helped get Yellowstone National Park on the map. Can he help revive a faltering city neighborhood?

Tragedy and litigation (4/16/2008)
1997 crash left Wings star, staffer disabled; lawsuit goes to trial here later this month

War correspondent (4/9/2008)
Author chronicles Great Lakes water battles

The Reeds are in prison mainly because Gholston said they shot him: Marvin drove the car, DeShawn blasted away from the front passenger seat, the testimony went at the Reeds' 2000 preliminary exam and 2001 bench trial.

Other prosecution witnesses identified another shooter in another location. The Reeds' roommates corroborated their alibis. No physical evidence tied the Reeds to the scene or the shooting. Neither had a record of violence or weapons charges.

The Wayne County Circuit Court judge who convicted and sentenced the Reeds said he did so because of Gholston's testimony.

"I'm sort of thrown back on the testimony of really the only witness who is directly involved in the incident whose testimony that has any credibility to me at all and which rings true, very resoundingly true, and that is the testimony of the victim himself," Judge Michael Hathaway said in issuing the verdict

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Mon GianCarlo 10
Mullin knew severance letter faked, Wayne Count... (Apr '13) Sep 28 R Jeremy 11
Autistic program finds new home at Burger Baylo... Sep 23 A_M_B 1
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Sep 22 JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 22 gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Eldorado 129
Boblo boat pulls out of Detroit for last time Sep 21 Eldorado 2

Riverview Jobs

Riverview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverview News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverview

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]