“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#4950 Nov 20, 2012
By the way, Mexico Way. I can still taste the tacos I ate as I rode my bike home past the M.W K. after smooching my blushing bride. Try juggeling 3 tacos while riding a bike with hot sauce running down your elbow. OMG were they good!
BLEEDING HEART

Taylor, MI

#4951 Nov 26, 2012
How could you guys forget, Pull the Peg, using a small folding knife, off your wrist and forearmand you had to stick it in the ground whoever lost had too pull the dirty wooden stick [peg] out of the ground. mouth full of dirt, lol.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4952 Dec 16, 2012
Where iiiiiiiiiiiiis everybody? Anyone? Anyone?
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4953 Dec 16, 2012
Merry Christmas Bon, & to everyone reading this site! Folks are shopping & decorating! ;~ >

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4954 Dec 16, 2012
Back at you ATL Girl, and out to all, Merry
Christmas and Happy New Year. Clamate change = no more sledding down the viaduct hills over Christmas break...poop.
ray

Detroit, MI

#4955 Dec 19, 2012
Remember Farmer Jack and Woolworths and Federals dept stores?
Buckeye Spouse

Riverview, MI

#4956 Dec 19, 2012
Well life marches on but memories r cherished of the E-coast! How many remember how the city workers decorated the River Park with a huge tree? I know we've shared Halloween trick or treating stories or 4th of July, but Now we need some Christmas ones! I can hardly believe it was safe to go Christmas Caroling on 8th Street & some neighbors gave us hot chocolate or dimes & quarters (and Alley Store before that Scholtz's I believe- you could get a Hostess cupcake for a nickel)! I went down last week & cried & my old beautiful white house that was all boarded up! But back to fond Christmas memories! Anyone have any?

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4957 Dec 22, 2012
Howzabout the Christmas show every year at the Ford Rotunda, before it burned down? Any body old enough to remember that? Sledding down the viaduct hills on Outer Drive? Tobbogan runs at some park in Dearborn, I believe. Can't remember where they were exactly, but they were solid ice and fast as hell. E.J. Korvett parking lot didn't have any curb stops, it was wide open. We would burn a whole tank of gas sliding and spinning and skidding around on the ice and snow after the store closed. Merry Christmas to all.
BLEEDING HEART

Taylor, MI

#4958 Jan 2, 2013
hitching car bumpers in the winter, sliding down the side streets, i never see kids doing that anymore, Happy Newyear's everybody.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4959 Jan 6, 2013
BLEEDING HEART wrote:
hitching car bumpers in the winter, sliding down the side streets, i never see kids doing that anymore, Happy Newyear's everybody.
Cars don't have real "bumpers" any more, and besides, if a cop saw you doing that, it would probably be considered a felony. You'd be arested, cuffed & stuffed and your family would pay a fortune to lawyers, court costs and fines. Like I said, yesterdays mischief is todays felony. Believe me, I am the crown prince of mischief. Read me. LOL. I don't think anyone could possibly have had as much fun as us morons back in the day.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4960 Jan 6, 2013
Hi Bonzano. Just read Jefferson used to be brick with street cars, the river front had boat houses/house boats & Boblo boat dock, & Outer Drive was narrow & called BONZANO.:-)

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4961 Jan 6, 2013
Atl Girl wrote:
Hi Bonzano. Just read Jefferson used to be brick with street cars, the river front had boat houses/house boats & Boblo boat dock, & Outer Drive was narrow & called BONZANO.:-)
Hi Gurl, Yea, the little one block stub of a street east of Outer Drive is still called Bonzano. Number 26 is still there and that's where I grew up. It was home from 1945 to 1961 when my dad had a house built on 11th and Cicotte and we moved. My blushing bride of 45 years and I went for a visit in the fall and were amazed at all the changes. The whole block of the Presby. church, rectory, and the Ducket center, the Harbor Theatrer and all that was just rubble. We drove all around the 'cose and the Rooge and just relived great old times. My brother in law still lives in their home on Fifth St. so we return from time to time. Bitter-sweet, happy-sad. bless you.

outer
Lee

Maynardville, TN

#4962 Jan 10, 2013
Bonzano Bohunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Gurl, Yea, the little one block stub of a street east of Outer Drive is still called Bonzano. Number 26 is still there and that's where I grew up. It was home from 1945 to 1961 when my dad had a house built on 11th and Cicotte and we moved. My blushing bride of 45 years and I went for a visit in the fall and were amazed at all the changes. The whole block of the Presby. church, rectory, and the Ducket center, the Harbor Theatrer and all that was just rubble. We drove all around the 'cose and the Rooge and just relived great old times. My brother in law still lives in their home on Fifth St. so we return from time to time. Bitter-sweet, happy-sad. bless you.
outer

hi Bonzano good to see your still posting , I haven't been for awhile . but it is good to read your memories .keep the post's coming and take care . hold down the fort,go red raiders ..
Otis 1969

Southfield, MI

#4963 Jan 21, 2013
I played little league and pony league baseball with Hank and knew the family. Buckeye Spouse, from you comments it sounds like you cpild be Nancy Mason. I would love to see the little league pictures for the 50's and 60's. rcotisii#yahoo.com
Buckeye Spouse

Riverview, MI

#4964 Jan 22, 2013
Speaking of the old times on the coast...Jefferson etc..my brothers do remember the boat houses..shacks where a few from the 20s & 30s had row boats. They also can remember fishing & Dad telling them where the sunken boats were full of whiskey from Canada. Had to sink them quick if the police were approaching! I know someone in his family was supposed to be a hit man for the Purple Gang but mother git rid of a lot of "evidence" when father passed away..
Boy did we push the envelope of safety? Cutting through trains to get to the ice rink off Beach St, sledding down the viaduct to Outer Drive- Heck my sister was "allowed" to walk the tracks in the 50s to meet cousins in Wyandotte to go to the show! Now I would like to put a GPS chip on my granddaughter for her to walk home 1 block from the Middle School!
Will scan Baseball pictures..cannot see any link to this site but could put them on the EHS one? Have lots..CC was an avid photographer!
Buckeye Spouse

Riverview, MI

#4965 Jan 22, 2013
"Otis 1969" I played little league and pony league baseball with Hank and knew the family. Buckeye Spouse, from you comments it sounds like you cpild be Nancy Mason. I would love to see the little league pictures for the 50's and 60's. rcotisii#yahoo.com

Email bounced back as error when I sent Little League picture- just found 2 more from late 50s
Otis 1969

Southfield, MI

#4966 Jan 22, 2013
Buckeye Spouse can you try email address rcotisii@yahoo.com to send the basball pictures? Thanks!
mary alderman

Allen Park, MI

#4967 Jan 31, 2013
does any one remember an army base being behind the harbor theater in ecorse?

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4968 Feb 2, 2013
You have to be OLD to remember that. Yes, there was a small radar base there until about 1952 and I immagine it was to protect the steel mill from attack during WWII. It was right across the tracks at the end of Bonzano St. behind the Presbyterian Church, before the Duckett Center was there.(Now the whole block is gone. Our house was one away from the tracks. My pal Les and I used to wrap rocks in tin foil and shoot them at the antennas with our slingshots, could have started a war. LOL The gate to the base was off Westfield.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4971 Feb 5, 2013
Bonzano Bohunk wrote:
You have to be OLD to remember that. Yes, there was a small radar base there until about 1952 and I immagine it was to protect the steel mill from attack during WWII. It was right across the tracks at the end of Bonzano St. behind the Presbyterian Church, before the Duckett Center was there.(Now the whole block is gone. Our house was one away from the tracks. My pal Les and I used to wrap rocks in tin foil and shoot them at the antennas with our slingshots, could have started a war. LOL The gate to the base was off Westfield.
Wow! You were really creative, brave, & lucky!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to this site Thu Vickie 0418 1
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Thu KatVJo 13
Ahmad Altimimi (Mar '06) Wed Hakeem 136
News Top 5 things to do in Muskegon area this week: ... Apr 13 benny 1
News Three in custody in Riverview double homicide (Mar '08) Jan '15 Karaz 222
drunk driving victim on Sibley Road (Jul '14) Jul '14 Laura Maxey 1
News Detroit tree plan (May '14) May '14 iceman 4
More from around the web

Riverview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE