Riverview motorcyclist dies in crash

Riverview motorcyclist dies in crash

There are 3 comments on the MSNBC story from Sep 11, 2011, titled Riverview motorcyclist dies in crash. In it, MSNBC reports that:

A 54-year-old Riverview man died this afternoon after a vehicle struck his motorcycle.Bruce Allen Perry was riding a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle south on Boyette Road about 1:20 p.m. when he was struck by a 2009 Ford Fusion heading north on Boyette Road, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Patrick

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2011
I was with Mr. Perry moments after his accident. I am grateful for the training I have received from the military that enabled me to take control of the scene around him and pray over his body as he slipped away. I will never forget his face, his labored breathing or the beat of his failing heart. I hope that if something like this happened to me, cars would stop instead of honk at the inconvienence I was to them. Share a comforting word and lie to me saying that everything was going to be okay as my light slowly faded. You would be my comforter, my last image of this beautiful life, and the witness to my humanity. Thank you for reading this and thanking you for writing this article this article. For the last couple of days I had no way to express this.
Leah

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Wow Patrick, that made me cry. I knew Bruce and he was a great guy and im sure he was thankful you stopped and tried helping him and was just there with him. He loved riding his motorcycle and traveled the world on it. My heart goes out to his family and his wife Peggy. I am so sorry.
Tammy

Bradenton, FL

#3 Oct 9, 2011
I knew Bruce's wife Peggy for years. I only met Bruce a couple of times but he made Peggy happy. I was grateful that she had at last found the love of her life. It makes me sad that she had so little time with him. I'm glad to read that Bruce was not by himself when he was hit. Bruce was hit by a car a couple of years ago and has been on the road to recovery from that accident. Let's all be aware of drivers on motorcycles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 3 hr Frindly 1,176
GAINESVILLE COINS LUTZ FLORIDA alert!!! (Dec '11) Aug 18 NavalOps 35
usa Aug 18 Jake 1
Is Tampa awesome? Aug 18 BizzyBee 4
where is Wesley merkel (Jan '13) Jul 23 Grady 4
Fatal Shooting Shadow Run/ Riverview? (Mar '09) Jul '17 Back Atcha Vi 1,476
Stop calling animal control on me Jul '17 Remember the Alamo 3

Riverview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance