Jesse

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Definitely move on it! The stock is getting stingy at that last place. Early American Goodwill...if you know what I mean. I would love to meet you. We have a parade for locals that includes police cars and GAS MASKS for the newbies. ;)~
Dee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

stay away, everything is higher by 30 %, high rent, no housing,people are extremely rude, crime, drugs, high teen pregnancy rate,dont do it!!!!!!!!!!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Dee wrote:
stay away, everything is higher by 30 %, high rent, no housing,people are extremely rude, crime, drugs, high teen pregnancy rate,dont do it!!!!!!!!!!
What a bunch of crap.
colorado

Montrose, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

We might be moving to Riverton and I was wondering if the school systems are good. I have got 3 kids ageing from 1 1/2 to 4 1/2. Is this a good place o raise kids? I know there is crime where ever you go. I just want to know if there is alot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

colorado wrote:
We might be moving to Riverton and I was wondering if the school systems are good. I have got 3 kids ageing from 1 1/2 to 4 1/2. Is this a good place o raise kids? I know there is crime where ever you go. I just want to know if there is alot.
Yes. Definitely.
I would wager that the crime rate in Riverton is lower, overall, than in your town in Colorado.
colorado

Montrose, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Definitely.
I would wager that the crime rate in Riverton is lower, overall, than in your town in Colorado.
Thank You! What is the average rent there for a 3 bedroom?
Medical

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

$1400/mth if you are lucky enough to find it. Usually no smoking or only smoking outside & no pets. Got to have credit references at very least.
Medical

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

No its not a bunch of....' I have traveled in many states with medical field. I don't know if I am running into the wrong people but this town plays the political game big time & is still stuck in 1974. At least once a week someone in my family has at least one rude encounter. And out of state vehicles have been vandalized. It's unbelievable. We have had friendlier conversations with Natives than the regulars here. And if you do not like to smell smoke when you go into a restaurant while you are eating don't move here. Schools ok. I have heard Wind River system is where you want to be. We will see in the upcoming weeks how it compares to Riverton. No housing here unless you have cash or pristine credit. And I have never lived anywhere where you must pay $3.25/$4.25/$8 to wash your car & no Free or 75c vacuum...usually a do it yourself car wash you can at least rinse off your car for $1.25...NOT HERE. Children's Recreational activities are low cost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

colorado wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on what you want or need along with those three bedrooms, they range from around $550 per month with minimal yard space or garage. One with a fenced yard and a one car garage is around $800-900 per month and the more luxurious places go up from there, up to and including say a five acre horse property, three bedroom, two car garage, work shop and out buildings for whatever can be negotiated. I have seen such properties rent for $1,200 to $1,500 per month.
Do not take the word of the clown from WA for what is going on in my own back yard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

colorado wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the link to the local newspaper. You can check out what I said for yourself in the want ads on the site.

http://www.dailyranger.com/

And here is a site that shows the rental rates in Riverton.
http://www.rentrange.com/rental-rates/WY/Rive...

Like I said ... forget the fool from WA and seek the truth instead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Medical wrote:
No its not a bunch of....' I have traveled in many states with medical field. I don't know if I am running into the wrong people but this town plays the political game big time & is still stuck in 1974. At least once a week someone in my family has at least one rude encounter. And out of state vehicles have been vandalized. It's unbelievable. We have had friendlier conversations with Natives than the regulars here. And if you do not like to smell smoke when you go into a restaurant while you are eating don't move here. Schools ok. I have heard Wind River system is where you want to be. We will see in the upcoming weeks how it compares to Riverton. No housing here unless you have cash or pristine credit. And I have never lived anywhere where you must pay $3.25/$4.25/$8 to wash your car & no Free or 75c vacuum...usually a do it yourself car wash you can at least rinse off your car for $1.25...NOT HERE. Children's Recreational activities are low cost.
It must be a real sad life you lead to always be pissed about where you live but yet do nothing to make it better.
<smile>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Medical wrote:
You did however get one thing right. Wind River is a great school system and they only go to school four days a week to boot, but have the highest scholar levels of all in Fremont County and very high academic rates in the state as well.
harry

Lander, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

I work in Riverton but I choose to live in Lander. People who say that the driving is worse in Riverton are telling the truth. There is constantly someone on your back. Just drive through once and see. I believe that the drugs and drinking are more apparent in Riverton. The main park in Riverton has beautiful green grass, is landscaped beautifully, and looks great except for the drunken Indians that frequent it on almost a daily basis. About drugs - there used to be a Golden Corral in Riverton. Except they got caught running tons of drugs (probably meth) through the restaurant. Now they call it "Archers." Things are pretty sad when you lose your Golden Corral status due to large drug busts. Stay away from Riverton. You have been warned. The difference between Riverton and Lander is like night and day. I find that the people in both towns are just as nice, however.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverton Discussions

Search the Riverton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wiley Murders in Thermopolis, wy (Jun '09) Jun 27 JustWow 309
Debate: Marijuana - Lander, WY (Apr '12) Jun 20 Michelle 10
Pavillion Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
Murder charge in Fremont cold case (May '08) Apr '14 Amy E 5
Jerry Bradish (Apr '08) Apr '14 Philly0416 3
WY Who do you support for Governor in Wyoming in 2... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Cowgal722 21
Rental properties in Riverton Apr '14 Braxton 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Riverton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Riverton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE