Living in Riverton vs Lander and CWC

Living in Riverton vs Lander and CWC

Posted in the Riverton Forum

Love Wyoming

Asheboro, NC

#1 Feb 18, 2014
Me and my boyfriend are thinking of moving from NC to WY to attend CWC's Equine program. We are not quite sure how we are going to go to school and make enough money to live on, however. I was just wondering if there are many places to rent in the lander/riverton area and also which town is a better one to live in. Also, has anyone attended CWC for their equine program? If so, would love to hear about it! We plan on visiting in April. As far as jobs go... are there many job opportunities in lander/riverton? Seeing they are small towns, I'm sure jobs are limited, but would love to know that they aren't impossible to get. Thanks!!
sammy mom

Cheyenne, WY

#2 Feb 22, 2014
If I were you I would live in student housing and I would not bank on finding a job. Rentals are difficult to come by in both towns and they are overpriced. Most of the jobs available to students are in retail and fast food. They may or may not work around your college schedule and I personally have not had the best experiences with employment in Fremont County. Too much nepotism, poor management. I would hate to see you come all the way from NY and not have a good experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Riverton: A good place to live? (Nov '09) Jun '17 Tallen 34
News BUSt a move (or flight) with WRTA anywhere in t... May '17 We hate laramie w... 1
News Would you support Dedicated Bike Lanes on Lande... Apr '17 Chris woolett 1
Wiley Murders in Thermopolis, wy (Jun '09) Mar '17 Megan 348
Affordable Housing communites (Oct '16) Oct '16 Trampling Jester 1
horny (Mar '16) Mar '16 mike 1
Did the old high school have a swimming pool? (Mar '16) Mar '16 Justcurious 1

Riverton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverton Mortgages