wind farms vs outfitters

Posted in the Riverside Forum

outfitter

United States

#1 May 3, 2011
Does anyone know if hunters and outfitters will be able to hunt the Sierra Cherry Wind Farm? It seems the towers would scare off hunters due to the increase of people doing the building. I understand it's the big area near Savory.
Duggy of Carboon

United States

#2 May 3, 2011
Basically the politicians are selling out the sportsman and outfitters. I drive past the farms by Arlington and see no elk and deer in the turbine areas---ever. Either it's the people or the turbines driving out the animals. I think this is overlands way of breaking the outfitters and hurting the tourist industry. We will end up with turbines and no jobs. I mean get real, most the employees sit somewhere else and they bring in the workers when they need them. These things should be on private property or at least the lands that we can't get to.
Bugs

United States

#3 May 4, 2011
Kind of scary, big business wins again. The small guy looses. Although I'm republican, I have to say Lummis and Barraso are not on the Saratogans side.
Cory

United States

#4 May 4, 2011
It is scary, This may run me out of business, the miller hill is my bread and butter. No one comes to hunt in towers and security guards.
Bugs

United States

#5 May 4, 2011
What happened to wide open spaces?
Cory

United States

#6 May 4, 2011
The big companies lobbyist happened. Our reps sold out.
Dad

United States

#7 May 8, 2011
I would like to see a wind turbine in the front ysrd of the house of Cindy Lummis. Does that affect her feelings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Version of Carfax (Jan '13) Oct '14 lori 2

Winter Storm Warning for Carbon County was issued at December 21 at 6:12AM MST

Riverside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverside

Personal Finance