Law breaking landlord
Mama bear

Rumford, RI

#1 Jun 29, 2013
It has come to my attention that East Providence/Riverside has a landlord that harasses his tenants, walks into their houses, steals from the, shuts off utilities and chains/padlocks the only entrance to get to the gas and water line. The door that was chained up was a fire escape for the basement tenant. The police are there at least 5 days a week because the landlord climbs thru windows of the female tenants and/or just walks into their apartment. Any advice from anyone on what to do because the Eppd isn't doing anything because the landlord is loaded and has the ability to pay people off and buy his freedom.
Jameel

Orlando, FL

#2 Aug 19, 2013
You will have to find a lawyer or move out. I know that the landlord tenant law in Chicago, IL would never allow this. Make sure that you both read the contract when you sign for renting and keep a copy. That alone should be proof enough that the landlord is breaking the law. Office corruption has to be fought by different offices. Hire the lawyer. http://starrandrowells.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal apartments in Riverside (Jan '13) Dec '16 Anomymous 3
Debate: Marijuana - Riverside, RI (Aug '10) Jan '13 John 3
roxis in ri area (Feb '12) Feb '12 Chad8724 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Riverside, RI (Jan '12) Jan '12 Kelsey 3
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Riverside, RI (Aug '11) Aug '11 Lilla Winsor 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Riverside, RI (Aug '11) Aug '11 Beau 1
Debate: Casey Anthony - Riverside, RI (Jul '11) Jul '11 Billy from RI 1

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance