|
Oct 8, 2009

Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
Thursday, October 8, 2009

To: The Editor

Subject: Mary Beall should not have been a cop

“Mary Beall should not have been a cop”

At the risk of being or seeming insensitive, I will remind these gun-grabbing nagging nannies about reality: The late DPD Officer Mary Beall, a middle-aged mother and wife, should not have been a cop. Before she died, she was paralyzed for the rest of her life by Raham Twitty, not by Bill Goodman’s Gun and Knife Show or by an M-1 SuperEnforcer, after laying her service weapon down upon the ground to empathize, sympathize and talk with him. We may also blame her disablement and subsequent death on affirmative action and the City of Dayton’s [delusional] departmental diversity hiring policies and programs for the police department. Oprah and Dr. Phil-type Sinclair psychobabble replaced her police training that night. All people are not equal and being a cop is not just another job. What the heck, I have bought guns at Hara Arena and sat through the background checks that I passed…as I have done for my CCW license.

Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
kurt

Tipp City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

They let nuts like you own a weapon?
The Old Cold Warrior

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

kurt wrote:
They let nuts like you own a weapon?
He only got to borrow them in the Army, The Nasty Guard, and when he was a cop. See you at Bill Goodman's Gun and Wife Show, this weekend! Tell a buddy and bring a friend...if you have any on the outside and offline.
Graham Cracker

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Leon Harrison wrote:
Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
Thursday, October 8, 2009
To: The Editor
Subject: Mary Beall should not have been a cop
“Mary Beall should not have been a cop”
At the risk of being or seeming insensitive, I will remind these gun-grabbing nagging nannies about reality: The late DPD Officer Mary Beall, a middle-aged mother and wife, should not have been a cop. Before she died, she was paralyzed for the rest of her life by Raham Twitty, not by Bill Goodman’s Gun and Knife Show or by an M-1 SuperEnforcer, after laying her service weapon down upon the ground to empathize, sympathize and talk with him. We may also blame her disablement and subsequent death on affirmative action and the City of Dayton’s [delusional] departmental diversity hiring policies and programs for the police department. Oprah and Dr. Phil-type Sinclair psychobabble replaced her police training that night. All people are not equal and being a cop is not just another job. What the heck, I have bought guns at Hara Arena and sat through the background checks that I passed…as I have done for my CCW license.
Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
Lets go to Hara and "stab a buddy, shoot a friend". Some people just don't wanna accept that a weapon only kills if a person uses it to.

I've been married to a deputy for 20 years and if he ever holstered his weapon to appease a person who has already been firing a weapon at someone he "loves", I would kick his hiney from here to he// and back. I would also have some actions for the fools who were watching his back.

Since the Officer Down Memorial Page says she was not alone at the time of the incident, it seems there are others who should not have been cops either. For goodness sake he got close enough to shoot her execution style. If ya gonna blame one ya gotta blame all.
Everyone likes to talk about how cops cover for each other but maybe they thought like you. Maybe that is what got this officer wounded and eventually killed.
No, I am not for affirmative action in any profession. If one person can handle the demands of a job, then they should get be hired. There should be one set of requirements for a position across the board. Even the military has different requirements for men and women . Also some departments take age into account. That is also wrong.
http://www.odmp.org/officer/16370-police-offi...
Leon Harrison

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

And, Enquiring minds want to also know: Why was Mary Beall's assailant allowed to live, after he shot her, while being aimed at by her armed partner? There once was an unwritten rule that could even be understood by illiterate fools: You shoot at a cop, you die, especially if you wound or kill one with a gun.
Daytontaxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Then why didnt you join the police academy, Leon?
John Galt

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Can you imagine how scared the people were, who the perp was trying to kill before Beal arrived, when they saw her lay down her weapon. Yea, that's what we have cops for, to appease the bad guys. Sorry, but she asked for what she got.
King Rat

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

The problem is with female cops, in general. Not only are perps more likely to challenge them, but....

Liberal do-gooders argued for female cops--at one time---saying that their "interpersonal skills" would help overcome their average lack of stature and strength.....Instead, we find that female cops SHOOT and KILL perps more often than males, proportional to their numbers. Why? They have to RESORT to weapons use BECAUSE of their lack of physical size.

Another feminist cluster-funk, exposed.
The Duke of Hazard

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Daytontaxpayer wrote:
Then why didnt you join the police academy, Leon?
Like me and The Old Cold Warrior, Mr. Harrison has been a pilot, a cop, a cab driver and a soldier.
Graham Cracker

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

King Rat wrote:
The problem is with female cops, in general. Not only are perps more likely to challenge them, but....
Liberal do-gooders argued for female cops--at one time---saying that their "interpersonal skills" would help overcome their average lack of stature and strength.....Instead, we find that female cops SHOOT and KILL perps more often than males, proportional to their numbers. Why? They have to RESORT to weapons use BECAUSE of their lack of physical size.
Another feminist cluster-funk, exposed.
I agree with the idea, but the way the thread was phrased angered me. Lets all blame affirmative action.

Sorry guys, I'm a housewife and if someone broke into my home, King Rat is right. I would shoot now and ask questions later because I AM 5'2" and 135(okay, 145). Size and physical strength does matter.

My "interpersonal skills" are reserved for my husband (a Deputy), my 3 children, and whomever I must deal with in the course of my wifely duties.
Supporter of All Officers

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

John Galt wrote:
Can you imagine how scared the people were, who the perp was trying to kill before Beal arrived, when they saw her lay down her weapon. Yea, that's what we have cops for, to appease the bad guys. Sorry, but she asked for what she got.
This is the first time that I have read this stream of messages in regards to the shooting of Mary Beall - While I do believe that everyone has a right to their opinion, I don't believe that any of you should be sitting in judgement of someone who was willing to put their life at risk for some of the trash that lives in a community. Officer Beall did what she felt was best in that situation and she paid the ultimate sacrifice!!!! Your statement "she asked for what she got" REALLY!!! Maybe you should think about her husband, children and family reading this before you open your mouth and put your opinions in writing - these types of comments do more damage than what you realize obviously.
Library Lover

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Feeeeellllinnngggssss...nothin g more than feeeeelllinnnggggsssss...Mary Beall died because of affirmative action, allowed and enabled to do a job that she should not have been doing, a middle-aged wife and mother when hired. Too much Oprah and psychobabble. I fear that similar instances are or have been happening, for the sake of diversity perversity and its dumbass delusional disciples' feeeellllinnngggggss. No, all people are not equal. No, I should not be a football player or a ballet dancer or an underwear model. No, I cannot be a SEAL or and Ranger or a cop. No, women should not be in the fire department, even the big bulldyke 'hos who can lift a hose.
Fact Checker

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Just wait until the DoJ-approved Diversity police hires hit the street, the ones that got elevated due to lower test standards.

In comparison, you'll think Mary was a genius.
The New Cool Warrior

Englewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Minority asses kissed = "Case dismissed!"
Fairborn Firecracker

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

It's a very sad day in America when the delusional, liberal idiots insist that middle age housewives with children should be allowed to "qualify" for a job they really DON'T QUALIFY FOR, AT ALL BECAUSE THEY DON'T MEET THE PHYSICAL, OR PHYCOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS. These liberal morons push for "diversity", when competence and mental and physical ability should be the determining factor in who fills these civil service jobs. If it were all about ability, and nothing more, white males would fill about 90% of these posisions but the race mongers, poverty pimps and liberal bitches can't allow a playing field that is level or their douche bag friends won't qualify. That is why we, as taxpayers, end up paying for substandard civil servants and many of those incompetent individuals pay a professional, and personal price of substandard performance, or failure. Sad, but true, Liberalism fails wherever it rears its ugly head.
Gotta Agree

Fairborn, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Leon Harrison is right. Because of the situation it's easy to cast him as the bad guy, and we all are sorry that Mary Beall is gone, but it's simply bad training that got her killed.

And where are her fellow officers?

Until Obama takes it away, we have a right to BEAR ARMS, and gun owners that go through the background checks. So get them now folks, before he has a chance to appoint more "anti gun judges" to the Supreme Court.

But Dayton Cops are not equipped to handle situations like Mary Beall found herself in. They don't trust each other, so how can we trust them?

In a effort to give everyone a "fair shake" the Dayton Police Force will, no doubt, hire blind officers and weep when they are slain.
The Rabbit

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Gotta Agree wrote:
Leon Harrison is right. Because of the situation it's easy to cast him as the bad guy, and we all are sorry that Mary Beall is gone, but it's simply bad training that got her killed.
And where are her fellow officers?
Until Obama takes it away, we have a right to BEAR ARMS, and gun owners that go through the background checks. So get them now folks, before he has a chance to appoint more "anti gun judges" to the Supreme Court.
But Dayton Cops are not equipped to handle situations like Mary Beall found herself in. They don't trust each other, so how can we trust them?
In a effort to give everyone a "fair shake" the Dayton Police Force will, no doubt, hire blind officers and weep when they are slain.
Well Dennis, YOU'RE GUN GOT TAKEN AWAY BECAUSE YOU GOT CONVICTED OF A FELONY!

KNOB!
Doctor Chief

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Mary was a better cop than Leon would ever be!
Mitt Romney

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Females (99% of them) are not qualified for police work and that goes for firefighters, too.

Both of these jobs require physical strength. especially upper body strength. Females do not have this as well as the mental and emotional capacity needed to do patrol work.

That being said, there are a good deal of men who do not belong in police work. Prior to the civil rights movement, police officers were required to meet a specific height and weight and police work was often filled by x military. Height (5-9 and above) alone is a powerful tool in police work and can be used to intimidate (yes, I said intimidate, you stupid liberals) a suspect. Because society demands we allow the unqualified to protect our neighborhoods, we now see havoc in the streets.

The only time a criminal is arrested (handcuffed) by a female officer is because he allows her to arrest him or he for some reason cannot resist.

Criminals view kindness as weakness. If you don't believe me, ask Mary Beall.
Chief

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Mitt Romney wrote:
If you don't believe me, ask Mary Beall.
You gonna call long distance for the answer?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverside Discussions

Search the Riverside Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min Reality Speaks 29,143
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 55 min Excuse Me 31,112
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel 18,541
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr not 2,214
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 hr They cannot kill a Spook 231
Let's remember our constitution and national debt. 17 hr The Hack Checker 2
Brits want to stop female genital mutilation! 18 hr The Hack Checker 3
•••
•••
•••
Riverside Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Riverside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000