Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,247)

Showing posts 24,921 - 24,940 of30,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Going Green

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can we read the court case, the union hall bulletin board?
My humble guess would be that this case will sit around for harassment sake until November, when it will quietly disappear.
Allegations are anything a lawyer can dream up to write on paper, they do not have to be true, just presented.
I wonder who is paying for her attorneys?
and anything that lawyers can dream up to write on paper means more greenbacks in the lawyers wallet and isn't money what it's all about? same as DDN, just because it is written in the news to stir up more dollars that controversial issues bring, doesn't mean that it's true.
Boro Alumni

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Religious, revisionist history of the US Constitution and the founding fathers:

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/...

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/training/cons...

I guess as the president for the Warren County Tea Party, KK has to try and get this into the schools and community somehow to appease her base...oh and the sponsor's of her OSBLC, American's For Prosperity and Tea Party Patriots, founded by the Koch Brothers. Have to keep the funding coming to her other business that she put our school district in. Put all of the piece's together Springboro and see the bigger picture.
Staff took money

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree...can't wait to get that extremist out of our district, and with any luck out of our community completely!
Vote for Doug Wiedeman, the union's favorite son.
Not that crazy

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Support Our Success wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where the board's at right now is wanting the highest academic achievement and fiscal responsibility," Petrey said, "that's what I stand for." (quote from June 2012 DDN news article).
Why are Springboro parents (including David Bowman, Lisa Babb, Stephanie Bindemann, Tammy Grigsby, Sarah Jobe) opposing academic achievement and fiscal responsibility as the winning agenda for our children's future?
Because that would require actual job performance and more legitimate teaching. Showing up showing movies, passing out worksheets, directing kids to study island no longer would be acceptable.
Budget first education

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Will the parents of Springboro United for Responsible Education
really care enough about OUR CHILDREN FIRST to contact Mr. Maney and the Springboro Education Association, protesting AGAINST the SEA refusal of the Board of Education's offer of job security in our great schools with good pay and benfits in a safe and comfortable environment.
If you Really care about our children first, then why not
Rally for Our Children first and tell the SEA to tear down their wall of greed and hostility against Springboro taxpayers and let's all work together to enjoy our success!
First off negotiations require BOTH sides to work together. If an agreement wasn't made then BOTH sides are to blame. If you know the details of how the SEA and BOE modified their proposals i would love to hear it. If you dont know then how can you blame one side over the other? Secondly, Springboro residents are equally as greedy as the next person (including teachers) everyone wants a job that will be rewarding and a paycheck that increases over the years. Lastly, I could quote most blogs on this site where the hostility is COMPLETELY on the BOE side!!!
More Questions

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Boro Alumni wrote:
I guess as the president for the Warren County Tea Party, KK has to try and get this into the schools and community somehow to appease her base...oh and the sponsor's of her OSBLC, American's For Prosperity and Tea Party Patriots, founded by the Koch Brothers. Have to keep the funding coming to her other business that she put our school district in. Put all of the piece's together Springboro and see the bigger picture.
I understand from the article in the DDN attendees are being charged a registration fee to attend the seminar. Are the groups presenting the seminar then being asked to pay a site usage fee as community groups are asked to do?

If the board is truely interested in presenting multiple sides of the issue - who or what group is being invited to our community to do that?
Come-on

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Teaching the constitution. Great idea. I have carried a copy of the constitution for over 20 years since it was encouraged by a college professor that long ago. Perhaps if Jim Rigano would not have learned about the constitution until he was in his 50's (his words at a recent board meeting not mine) he would learn the following.

The constitution protects us from the government. As elected officials the BOE is government. They have the same duty to protect due process, and rule of law as do the federal elected officials the BOE or its surrogates love to rail against.

The BOE is no different than any other corrupt government body drunk with its own sense of power and forcing its idealogy on their subjects while hiding behind executive sessions, and puedo transparency. Kids first agenda, you have to be kidding. Like Just Watching repeatedly points out. Teach quality education to every student and work hard so no student slips between the cracks, much less the 2,000 that appear to be slipping behind.

May the constitution save us from this group of zealots masquarading as "for the tax paying people" while being elitist to the 10th power.
parent

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Real Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a parent as well and have never heard a teacher advise anyone to keep their children out of school. That being said, I have heard parents talking about it. If the strike does happen and there are substitutes in the schools next year I (and my children) have a few questions that need to be answered before I blindly lead my kids to school (I would think you would want to know the answers to some of these questions as well):
Who will be teaching the kids?
What are their backgrounds (and have background checks been performed)?
Where did they come from (and how is our district paying them)?
Do they have teaching experience?
Can we trust them with our kids?
What will they be teaching?
Will the kids be prepared for AP tests that are scheduled at the end of the year?
Will the kids be prepared to take ACT/SAT tests?
Will there be a Panther Kick-off for the incoming Freshman?
Will there be access to counselors so HS students can get their schedules and then schedule PSEO classes on time?
Will the elementary schools have gifted teachers?
Will the Special Ed. students receive the care they need?
If the teachers and their union make a decision to walk, I place my confidence in superintendent Petrie to abide by his promise to do whatever's necessary to continue Excellent education in Springboro schools through the duration of the strike.

Q & A
------

Q) Will background checks be performed?
A) Most certainly.

Q) Where are they coming from (and how is our district paying them)?
A) These teachers don't necessarily have to be labelled as substitute teachers. More accurately, these teaching positions would be catigorized as "temporary" positions. Theoretically thet could be hired permanently if push comes to shove and the striking teachers are fired. Striking teachers are paid through the OEA'S strike fund. Temporary teachers would be paid through the district.

Q) Will the kids be prepared to take ACT/SAT tests?
A) Average all of Boro's SAT scores, then transform them into letter grade. This letter grade is a C-
Springboro teachers haven't done all that well at preparing students for ACT/SAT. Don't be a hypocrite.

Q) Will the elementary schools have gifted teachers?
A) First of all, the number of gifted children in Springboro schools is hugely exaggerated. If you don't believe me, that's fine. You will begin to see reality approximately 4-5 years from now. Secondly, the current majority of our board of education has consistently championed more resources for gifted children (which has steadily declined in recent decades. Please don't be a hypocrite.

Q) Will the Special Ed. students receive the care they need?
A) Yes. This is the law. As a side note, Springboro students do a tremendous job looking after their peer special ed / special needs students.

The rest of your points are nothing more than bureaucratic propaganda designed to stir up emotion and paranoia. The overall theme you present is very symptomatic of someone who swallows the kool aid offered by OEA and Scott Maney. If one of your top concerns is "Panther Kick Off for Freshman", then it's quite evident you need to sit down and re-think your list of priorities!
Another View

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

On the lighter side, and we all need a laugh a day at least, to keep the grumpies away,
but, why such silliness from come on for S-U-R-E!

Let's look at the "other side" of this controversial issue of November 2013 Springboro schools renewal levy with no new taxes;
vs S-u-r-e protests fighting against Springboro taxpayers for their proposal of 2013 school renewal levy with Additional Taxes to meet the
demands of the SEA for increased salaries and benefits, over and above the generous wages/benefits that Springboro taxpayers are already providing for our school union employees, and district leaders.

Coming up in November 2013, once again, our school district voters get to choose which "side" do we trust with the power and control of our school tax dollars, ensuring our children's quality classroom education, while living within our financial means of renewal levy with no new taxes.
Our current budget reform-minded BOE leaders/school district leaders are very different from the "2008 Renewal levy with Additional Taxes" mindset of BOE members/school district leaders, in both leadership style and financial expertise!
Our school district voters get to choose which "side" do we trust with our children's future...
Our children first budgeting board representatives are committed to ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending.
Our SEA members/union activists are committed to reversing our children first budgeting BOE majority to the way things were on the board before 2010 when Kelly Kohls came on board. Our SEA members/union activists agree with former high school principal that our school tax dollars should be spent on VALUING the Educator by meeting the educator’s demands for more and more increased taxes. That the old way of doing education business in Springboro, before Kelly Kohls came on board in 2010.
Both sides of this controversial issue in Springboro schools are equally committed to Victory in November 2013, so we can all look forward to both sides "turning up the heat" in efforts of convincing the voters "see the light" from the “right” view.
As for me and my household of voters, we will do what’s right for our school community and our community as a whole, and vote for the proven success of board member Kelly Kohls, who has proven to taxpayers that she can be trusted to continue standing firm on the winning principles of fiscal responsibility, doing what’s right for our school children and our community of Springboro taxpaying voters.
Since 2009, Mrs. Kohls has successfully influenced the election of children first budgeting BOE members, and the hiring of our new school superintendent who is the right fit for our school district's new philosophy. Each one of these leaders is a good fit with Springboro taxpayers philosophy of voting for our school levy renewal with no new taxes, and those who support Mrs. Kohls' commitment to ensure that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending.
Yes We Can

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

parent wrote:
<quoted text>
If the teachers and their union make a decision to walk, I place my confidence in superintendent Petrie to abide by his promise to do whatever's necessary to continue Excellent education in Springboro schools through the duration of the strike.
Q & A
------
Q) Will background checks be performed?
A) Most certainly.
Q) Where are they coming from (and how is our district paying them)?
A) These teachers don't necessarily have to be labelled as substitute teachers. More accurately, these teaching positions would be catigorized as "temporary" positions. Theoretically thet could be hired permanently if push comes to shove and the striking teachers are fired. Striking teachers are paid through the OEA'S strike fund. Temporary teachers would be paid through the district.
Q) Will the kids be prepared to take ACT/SAT tests?
A) Average all of Boro's SAT scores, then transform them into letter grade. This letter grade is a C-
Springboro teachers haven't done all that well at preparing students for ACT/SAT. Don't be a hypocrite.
Q) Will the elementary schools have gifted teachers?
A) First of all, the number of gifted children in Springboro schools is hugely exaggerated. If you don't believe me, that's fine. You will begin to see reality approximately 4-5 years from now. Secondly, the current majority of our board of education has consistently championed more resources for gifted children (which has steadily declined in recent decades. Please don't be a hypocrite.
Q) Will the Special Ed. students receive the care they need?
A) Yes. This is the law. As a side note, Springboro students do a tremendous job looking after their peer special ed / special needs students.
The rest of your points are nothing more than bureaucratic propaganda designed to stir up emotion and paranoia. The overall theme you present is very symptomatic of someone who swallows the kool aid offered by OEA and Scott Maney. If one of your top concerns is "Panther Kick Off for Freshman", then it's quite evident you need to sit down and re-think your list of priorities!
Springboro Loves Our Children First!

Thank You for your "broader than union tunnel vision" view of our school children's "Boro Future Bright!"
Picture It

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Boro Alumni wrote:
....Other business? Do you mean the taxpayers business of ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending?

Special thanks are due our board member, Kelly Kohls, for taking care of taxpayers' business the way better way of OSBLC;
rather than the old failed "status quo OSBA business as usual of promoting a continuous stream of levies for increased taxes, based on false budget crisis, holding Springboro parents hostage over things like busing and activity fees! Thanks, Kelly!
Got a good grip

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Budget first education wrote:
<quoted text>
First off negotiations require BOTH sides to work together. If an agreement wasn't made then BOTH sides are to blame. If you know the details of how the SEA and BOE modified their proposals i would love to hear it. If you dont know then how can you blame one side over the other? Secondly, Springboro residents are equally as greedy as the next person (including teachers) everyone wants a job that will be rewarding and a paycheck that increases over the years. Lastly, I could quote most blogs on this site where the hostility is COMPLETELY on the BOE side!!!
The time has come to stop the blame and just give it up with the "teachers are victms" failed campaign against Springboro taxpayers and our elected school board representatives.
Got a good grip on both sides; but standing firm on the right side with our BOE who are respectfully doing what's right for our school children and community, offering good and fair wages for a good and fair days' work to all school employees!
Children first budgeting works! It's unanimously approved by the school board representatives!
Children first budgeting is exactly what "responsible education"
for our children's future is all about! So why are these few Springboro parents for S-U-R-E (including Dave Bowman, Lisa Babb, Tammy Grigsby, Tiffany Carlisle, Mary Johnson, Lynn Greenwood among others) still protesting against and verbally attacking Springboro taxpayers for more money?
Your OEA (and no other way) "rightful" opinions should not be an occasion for "open combat" waging war against others who have differing opinions. Not every old outdated collective bargaining right (on which taxpayers and union activists might hold strong opinions and disagree) is of primary importance.
Most of us who know the cult-like OEA sheep and sheep followers can clearly see, by their actions, that they are "simple" people,
(and often mean-spirited, potty-mouthed people) who are overtly pugnacious or incurably argumentative about practically everything! These are petty and insignificant "personal" political disagreements, which should be set aside or settled, based
upon the common interest that we all have of doing what's good for our school children and community as a whole.
In my (rightful) opinion as a blogger on this discussion board, it is simply WRONG to let a contrary opinion of the good work (in the best interest of all school children) being done by our school board, to be aired by disrespectful OEA sheep and followers, WITHOUT any challenge or correction. What bad role models are these for good citizenship?
If my opinion is wrong, then OEA sheep and followers, should
PROVE ME WRONG and stop fighting against Springboro taxpayers and our children first budgeting school board representatives.
For S-U-R-E the time has come for those Springboro parents (fighting for Ron Malone's status quo agenda of "budget first for the union's demands for increased taxes)to wave the white flag in surrender to our children's first best interests.
Boro Alumni

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

More Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand from the article in the DDN attendees are being charged a registration fee to attend the seminar. Are the groups presenting the seminar then being asked to pay a site usage fee as community groups are asked to do?
If the board is truely interested in presenting multiple sides of the issue - who or what group is being invited to our community to do that?
Those are excellent questions. The BOE should clarify how much the facilities fees will be for the organization to pay, if they are waiving the fees for this particular org, or how much the BOE is paying the organization to come and present. On the NCCS's website, it mentioned the cost of lodging/meals to be paid by the sponsoring organization, plus mention of a possible rental car. Is the BOE paying this org for that also? Or is the political org of the Tea Party sponsoring it and covering the fees? Any way you look at it, it does not appear ethical and has the appearance of a conflict of interest concerning the BOE. Why not have it at the Warren County Fairgrounds or a community church and off of school property?

In the BOE Bylaws it states:
8800 - RELIGIOUS/PATRIOTIC CEREMONIES AND OBSERVANCES
No matter how well intended, either official or unofficial sponsorship of religiously-oriented activities by the school are offensive to some and tend to supplant activities which should be the exclusive province of individual religious groups, churches, private organizations, or the family.

This is a religious/political/revisionis t history of the founding documents developed by Cleon Skousen (look him up, he's an interesting fellow), Glenn Beck, and the Tea Party Patriots. "National" Center for Constitutional Studies sounds important, but looking a little closer...not so much.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...

Th other Organization, Institute for the Constitution is religious/political/revisionis t and run by The American View. Their mission statement from their website:

The American View

There is an Almighty, Everlasting, Omniscient, God — the God of the Bible — Who is active in the affairs of men.

Our rights, including our right to life, liberty and property come from Him.

It is the duty of civil government to secure, protect and defend these God given rights, to acknowledge our Creator, glorify Him and make Him known; and when civil government becomes destructive of these God given purposes, it is our duty to alter or abolish such Godless government.

“For the nation and kingdom that shall not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”— Isaiah 60:12.

As Christians, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to teach all nations — including ours — to observe all things He has commanded (Matthew 28:18-20). This means bringing into captivity to Christ all areas of life and thought. This means destroying arguments that are against the knowledge of God (II Corinthians 10:5). In obedience to these commands of our Lord, this Web site is established. We covet your prayers for our success in obeying Him.

Check out their website at: http://archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...

Thanks for the questions!!
No OEA Indoctrination

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Sickening wrote:
<quoted text>
Students went home and told their parents they were made to skip class and go to parts of the HS building and clap for their HS Principal they did not have a choice they were forced. So stopping education to praise a retiree- do they do this for all retirees?
This education system has held up false gods and forced children to praise them.
Maybe this should be the new Controversial Topic. Praising false gods is a sin.
Students were also forced to write letters of appreciation to district employees for appreciation day.
Indoctrination exists inside our schools.
Just another example of this "cult-like" OEA indoctrination of our school children, bowing at the alter of the great "union teacher" in every classroom as the education god... whose name shall be exaulted and proclaimed as Wonderful in the Bowman/Babb parental outrage at "No Respect Given" these innocent victims who sacrifice themselves for OUR children at least 185 days every school year!(translated in union speak, that demand for respect is really just a bullying cry for increased taxes, at the financial sacrifice of ALL responsible spenders who are working hard and voting smart to to keep our schools and community both safe and affordable)!
No OEA Indoctrination

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Does the OEA encourage teachers to indoctrinate Ohio’s Kids?
Is the OEA monthly newsletter to teachers posted on public websites?
Do we parents know what our children are learning from teacher unionists, who believe along with the OEA, that teachers should not only be members of a labor union, but also should indoctrinate our children on unionism?

As the OEA dictates teachers in their monthly newsletter,“It’s essential that they not only be teacher unionists, but teachers of unionism. We need to create a generation of students who support teachers and the movements of teachers for their rights.”
How about they focus on just teaching our kids the core skills they will need in math, reading, writing, and science? How about they leave their political ideology and unionism out of the classroom? As the National Assessment of Educational Progress results show, more than half of America’s 8th graders fail basic civics tests. Clearly, our teachers have enough to do already.

The OEA needs to keep its left-wing views outside of the classroom and its hands off our kids’ curriculum. This type of indoctrination isn’t a surprise coming from a group with a leader who once boldly admitted it was more concerned with getting more power than the best interest of our kids.
Boro Alumni

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Picture It wrote:
<quoted text>
....Other business? Do you mean the taxpayers business of ensuring that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending?
Special thanks are due our board member, Kelly Kohls, for taking care of taxpayers' business the way better way of OSBLC;
rather than the old failed "status quo OSBA business as usual of promoting a continuous stream of levies for increased taxes, based on false budget crisis, holding Springboro parents hostage over things like busing and activity fees! Thanks, Kelly!
I'm sorry. Just can't thank Kohls for involving the district in a religious/political crusade. She ran on a fiscally conservative platform. Didn't think the community voted for creationism, religious revisionist history of our founding documents, or the Tea Party platform. She needed to leave all of the personal ideology out of the public classroom. If that's what it takes to save some money, change my religion, political party, and then violate real US Constitution/Bill of Rights...then no thanks!!!! Have a great day!!
Stop Common Core

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Common Core: Exorbitant Price Tag
The unfunded mandates associated with the Common Core are open-ended in areas such as professional development, new textbooks and instructional materials, testing, and data-tracking systems. A recent study shows implementation will cost $16 billion or more nationwide, with about 90 percent of this paid for by states and local districts, despite the $4.35 billion Race to the Top grants. The Common Core fuels a money pot of tax dollars going to pre-selected vendors.
Where Things Stand
In the Nation – Only a few states have turned a cold shoulder to the federal grants and waivers requiring Common Core.
&#9679; Texas, Nebraska, and Alaska refused to participate.
&#9679; Indiana’s Senate Education Committee voted to delay implementation of the Common Core until after it was reviewed by a study committee.
&#9679; South Carolina has legislation pending to pull out of the Common Core supported by the Governor.
&#9679; Virginia has pulled out of the Common Core, and Minnesota has refused to sign on to the math portion.
&#9679; Utah is holding legislative hearings on withdrawing from Common Core.
&#9679; South Dakota has slowed down the implementation of the Common Core with the passage of a bill that requires public hearings around the state.
In Georgia – State School Superintendent Kathy Cox and Governor Sonny Perdue committed Georgia to the Common Core upon signing the Race to the Top grant application in January 2010. In July 2010 the State Board of Education officially adopted the Common Core, only one month after the content standards were released in English Language Arts and Math. In the fall of 2010, Georgia agreed to become a “governing state” of the PARCC assessment consortium, meaning Georgia will implement these tests starting in 2014-15, though the tests are yet unseen and their costs unknown. Current State School Superintendent John Barge campaigned against Race to the Top, but upon taking office, he embraced it and the Common Core.
Sub-standard Standards of the Common Core
English Language Arts (ELA) Standards – Dr. Sandra Stotsky of the University of Arkansas served on the Common Core Validation Committee but refused to sign off on the ELA standards because of poor quality, empty skill sets, the de-emphasis on literature, and low reading levels, such as 8th grade levels for 12th grade students. Even the Fordham Institute – a Common Core proponent -- gave Georgia’s current ELA standards higher marks than the Common Core.
Math Standards – Dr. James Milgram of Stanford University, the only mathematician on the Common Core Validation Committee, refused to sign off, stating,“It’s almost a joke to think students [who master the common standards] would be ready for math at a university.”
Next on the Common Core Agenda – Expect the feds to aggressively push adoption of national standards in science and social studies, just as they have in English and math.
Take Action
Tell your legislators to stop Race to the Top mandates and the Common Core. Get connected at www.stopcommoncore.com
Just Saulsome

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Boro Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. Just can't thank Kohls for involving the district in a religious/political crusade. She ran on a fiscally conservative platform. Didn't think the community voted for creationism, religious revisionist history of our founding documents, or the Tea Party platform. She needed to leave all of the personal ideology out of the public classroom. If that's what it takes to save some money, change my religion, political party, and then violate real US Constitution/Bill of Rights...then no thanks!!!! Have a great day!!
lol...no need to be sorry boro alumni... just be smart ... and open up your mind and let the creativity of critical thinking unwind your "tight-knit" community of unionism living in
the tent of narrow-minded darkness. It must be very lonely living at the top of perfection as boro alumni, constantly looking down keeping watch on those religious crusaders to keep them inline with your line of backward thinking! Bless you! Ignorance is bliss!
Don't you know that we are living in the 21st century;
we've all come a long way from the 1970's and Alinsky's nod to Lucifer in the NEA "handbook" Rules for Radicals.
Springboro citizens, including our school students, are certainly educated enough to hear our founding fathers' "nod to God" as expressed in "The Constitution of the United States" .... its only keeper, the people.- George Washington, first President of our Great Nation!

Now if you go back in last year's school board minutes, you will find that this Presentation about a possible community-wide study of the U.S. Constitution was given to the public and there was not one objection raised, nor question asked, by either board members, staff members, or parents and community members. The presentation was so inspiring that my decision was made right then to attend such a class, if offered to the community.

As a Springboro citizen and taxpaying voter in our school district, I am certainly strong enough in my chosen "basic values and beliefs" to engage in discussion with others of differing opinins; and find it quite mentally and socially interesting and stimulating to the mind's thinking process; without feeling any "violation" of my political or religious or patriotic "convictions."

Hopefully, you and other fearful of the Truth of our founding fathers values system, plan to attend this community wide
event being held at the school. As a Springboro taxpayer, I have no problem with the school district opening the doors of our tax-payer funded facility. After all, taxpayers are opening the doors of Jonathan Wright School to house the community food bank and after school clubs; recently, it was presented in public meeting that a group of citizens were using our school facility, at no charge, "fiddling around" offering music lessons. Usage fees had been waived by former school leaders; and our board members honored the no usage fees verbal agreement.

So, why not lighthen up that burden of protecting our constitution
from being violated by those who are paying the fee required to attend the class.. with our hard earned money inscribed "in God we trust."
Picture It

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Boro Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!! how foolish you sound!

I guess it could be considered flattering IF Kelly Kohls was a
self-serving "ego-maniac" politician, trying to bring attention to herself as "leader of the boro religious-political crusade;
but she just can't take on that "banner of burden" that the ignorance of boro alumni falsely accuses! Good Grief!

Happy to say, boro alumni, that Special Thanks is due to Kelly Kohls simply because she is a caring parent who is civic-minded enough to serve our school children and community, going about doing good, standing firm on principles which obviously boro alumni opposes! And that's cool!
But, truth be told, Kelly is a just a great parent, good neighbor, and patriotic American citizen who loves sharing her leadership skills and financial expertise serving her fellow citizens as a school board member! And for that, we can all come together and say Thanks, Kelly! God Bless America! AND May God Bless you and your family!
Get Real

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Boro Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are excellent questions. The BOE should clarify how much the facilities fees will be for the organization to pay, if they are waiving the fees for this particular org, or how much the BOE is paying the organization to come and present. On the NCCS's website, it mentioned the cost of lodging/meals to be paid by the sponsoring organization, plus mention of a possible rental car. Is the BOE paying this org for that also? Or is the political org of the Tea Party sponsoring it and covering the fees? Any way you look at it, it does not appear ethical and has the appearance of a conflict of interest concerning the BOE. Why not have it at the Warren County Fairgrounds or a community church and off of school property?
In the BOE Bylaws it states:
8800 - RELIGIOUS/PATRIOTIC CEREMONIES AND OBSERVANCES
No matter how well intended, either official or unofficial sponsorship of religiously-oriented activities by the school are offensive to some and tend to supplant activities which should be the exclusive province of individual religious groups, churches, private organizations, or the family.
This is a religious/political/revisionis t history of the founding documents developed by Cleon Skousen (look him up, he's an interesting fellow), Glenn Beck, and the Tea Party Patriots. "National" Center for Constitutional Studies sounds important, but looking a little closer...not so much.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
Th other Organization, Institute for the Constitution is religious/political/revisionis t and run by The American View. Their mission statement from their website:
The American View
There is an Almighty, Everlasting, Omniscient, God — the God of the Bible — Who is active in the affairs of men.
Our rights, including our right to life, liberty and property come from Him.
It is the duty of civil government to secure, protect and defend these God given rights, to acknowledge our Creator, glorify Him and make Him known; and when civil government becomes destructive of these God given purposes, it is our duty to alter or abolish such Godless government.
“For the nation and kingdom that shall not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”— Isaiah 60:12.
As Christians, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to teach all nations — including ours — to observe all things He has commanded (Matthew 28:18-20). This means bringing into captivity to Christ all areas of life and thought. This means destroying arguments that are against the knowledge of God (II Corinthians 10:5). In obedience to these commands of our Lord, this Web site is established. We covet your prayers for our success in obeying Him.
Check out their website at: http://archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
Thanks for the questions!!
This is far more "ethical" than the behavior of the Boosters Board officials who refused to answer the question of parents asking where the money for their kids to participate in sports was being spent.
So what are you trying to insinuate with your silly suggestions of possible wrong doing by the school board members?
Are you preaching from the bully pulpit that "it would be a sin for the school district to allow the teaching of The Constitution of The United States in the taxpayer-funded high school building?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,921 - 24,940 of30,597
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverside Discussions

Search the Riverside Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 17,747
tattoo parlors 2 hr kris moore 11
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 4 hr CMS 191
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr ha ha 25,331
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 8 hr CMS 3
Are Hookah Bars good for you? 10 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
Sen Reid(D) is anti American,need to go! 10 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
•••
•••