Orland Park woman found shot to death in home

Sep 29, 2010 Full story: Herald News 19

An Orland Park woman was driven to an area hospital after suffering an apparent gunshot wound to the head Wednesday morning, police said.

Read more
huh

Frankfort, IL

#1 Sep 30, 2010
sounds more like a suicide than homicide, why would a family member ever drive someone to a hospital before calling 911???
A Taxpayer

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2010
seems to me like she committed suicide!! what is wrong with these people now a days? she's not in heaven that's for sure. hello down there
oooops

Alsip, IL

#3 Sep 30, 2010
looks like a homocide now morons!!!! husband charged with murder.
dumb

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2010
nice anniversary present a handgun to murder your wife with
dumb

United States

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Whats the story behind this? That is the question!
huh

Frankfort, IL

#6 Sep 30, 2010
why are people morons???? It totally looked like a suicide.
duh

Niles, MI

#7 Sep 30, 2010
how does it look like a suicide when the husband took 90 mins to drive her to the hospital? and he drove her to the hospital? who drives a gunshot to the head victim to the hospital instead of calling 911? who cleans up the scene? who wipes the blood off the dead person isntead of trying to help her? whoever actually believed it was a suicide is a moron. the second i heard this i knew it would turn out to be a homicide. women typically do not end their lives by shooting themselves.
oooops

Alsip, IL

#8 Oct 1, 2010
plus you live in new lenox with your corrupt, pension stealing mayor!!!
mizB

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 1, 2010
What does the mayor of New Lenox have to do with this?
rip jeanie

United States

#10 Oct 1, 2010
OK he says he loved her so much after her suicide he wanted to turn the gun on himself, but yet he didn't. Oh maybe is has something to do with the 5 year affair he has been having. Yes he REALLY loved his wife, please I feel sorry for the kids cause they are so devasted they are sticking by their father cause they can't come to terms with it cause its so twisted & sick. But those kids better think about their mother to. Do they really think she would have committed suicide and put them through this, is it easier to throw your mother under the bus and believe his suicide story or stick up for your mother and avenge her murder. I hope in time the kids will face the truth and fight for their mothers justice since she can't because she was murdered. I will pray for Jeanie and the kids.
Gun Anniversary

Frankfort, IL

#11 Oct 1, 2010
He hears a gunshot, she's laying in bed with a gunshot wound to the face, he takes the gun shoots the rest of the bullets into a piece of furniture, wipes the blood from her, cleans up, and an hour later drives his DEAD wife to the hospital- What a caring husband! He stated "she was too good to ride in an ambulance" but instead of taking her on a vacation or buying her jewelry for their anniversary- he buys her a GUN. Everyone says they had a great marriage, but NO ONE knows what goes on behind closed doors. The kids need to open their eyes- their dad snapped, shot their mother, and for over 60 minutes he thought of a BS "story" to tell the police before he put his dead wife in the car and drove her to the hospital. Great husband my ass~
Saddened in Orland

Warrenville, IL

#12 Oct 1, 2010
Such a sad story...feel sorry for the kids. I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but all fingers so far point to him. Who is this other lady in the 5 year affair, and is she talking to the police? Lust is such a very powerful emotion. Perhaps he didn't want to lose half of everything if he went for a divorce, or didn't want the shame of disrupting this "perfect" image of a family. Perhaps she knew, as so many wives do, and looked the other way in order to protect their children/social status. People normally to not talk about what goes on behind closed doors. It may have been all smoke and mirrors.I think the police know a lot more than they are saying right now. I pray that the children can, in some way, find closure and peace. Nobody deserves this.
no one does know

United States

#13 Oct 2, 2010
I am wondering why the children (and others who supposedly knew the couple) can't believe the husband would kill his wife, but everyone can believe she would commit suicide? Has she threatened to kill herself before? Did she seem mentally unstable or fragile? If she did, then why in the world would her "loving" husband give her a gun for a present. If there is any sign of suicidal tendencies, a responsible family member would make sure there were no guns in the house, much less give one as a present.
Resident

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2010
This guy is guilty as can be! However, I think the police dept did a horrible job handling the case. Chief Mc Carthy should take a lesson on how to speak in public, he looked scared to death in front of the cameras. She didn't commit suicide people!
So sad

Markham, IL

#15 Oct 3, 2010
The Suntimes reported that a right handed person would have shot herself in the right side of the head. She was shot inthe left side of the head, so it doesnt make sense that it was suicide. This poor family. I just can't imagine what the people that loved her are going through.
Ann Marie

United States

#16 Oct 3, 2010
there is so much that is missing from this sad situation

it appears the husband was having an affair with someone for over 5 yrs and also it mentioned that he was involved with others in sex parties
plus he was in serious financial trouble. sounds like he or someone was trying to get a large life insurance policy on this poor woman. my heart goes out to her and her children. she seems to have done so much in her life with helping out people and with being a teacher.

i hope the orland park police can solve this very soon. what appears to be a perfect couple or family most of time never really is
Saddened in Orland

Warrenville, IL

#17 Oct 3, 2010
Yes, I agree with Ann Marie. There appears to quite a bit missing that hasn't come out, due to the investigation. So many people I spoken to are angry that the children are standing behind their father, but imagine what emotions are going through them. I'm sure their attorney is making their statements for them, for legal reasons. I'm sure the children didn't know about his 5 year infidelity and they have to cope with that as well. My heart goes out to the entire family over this tragedy and I'm hoping the truth will come out in the end.
so so sad

Alsip, IL

#18 Oct 3, 2010
I don't know which is more sad. A Mom who was so sad with her life she might of taken her own, or having a Dad that might of killed her. I certainly don't know what i would do. Love of a Parent doesn't have an on-off switch in the Day. If the Dad did, they will hate him for what he did,but may still have love since he was their Dad. They are not ready to throw him under the Bus until the investigaton is over. No one can be ready for this. Prayers for the Family
MacMan

Homewood, IL

#19 Oct 4, 2010
Who is the other woman?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 25 min Yup 1,447
omg 2 hr gxm24263 1
Let the election game start 2 hr Bullies 11
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 16 hr GOD IS KING 8,212
15 displaced by extra-alarm fire at Chicago Rid... 23 hr tbone. 6
News Oak Park Man Charged With Punching Pregnant Gir... Mar 6 GayleWood 1
News Cops: Man driving nearly three times speed limi... Jan '15 reality is a crutch 1
Riverside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]