Confused

La Grange Park, IL

#6591 Mar 8, 2013
She back wrote:
And, BTW...all auditors know: there are ALWAYS two ends to a paper trail.
I was given a copy of the handout at the finance committee on the audit (that you attended). It shows that all of the debt existed before UCP gained control of the Village (May 2011). In fact, debt decreased by almost $2 million between 2009 and 2010. And that does not even take into account that the Village was not payings its bills in 2010 since it was broke.

That is on both sides of your trail. Oh those pesky facts.
Pringles

Chicago, IL

#6592 Mar 8, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I was given a copy of the handout at the finance committee on the audit (that you attended). It shows that all of the debt existed before UCP gained control of the Village (May 2011). In fact, debt decreased by almost $2 million between 2009 and 2010. And that does not even take into account that the Village was not payings its bills in 2010 since it was broke.
No end to this paper trail either: http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/an-anti-ad...
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6593 Mar 9, 2013
Has anyone looked closely at the budget? Did you see that from 2008 to 2012 these increases occurred?

Manager and Elected Salaries - 69% increase
Manager Professional Services - 1,025% increase
M & E Operations - 46% increase
M & E "Other" - 366% increase
Finance - Prof. Services - 794% increase
IT Prof Services - 171% increase

All since Getty took office - can't blame this on previous administrations, can you? And considering we have only a "part time" manager...
She back

United States

#6594 Mar 9, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
UCP Village President was elected in April of 2009 and by June of 2009 was meeting with Denys privately to discuss things like using water and garbage fees to pay off unrelated existing and proposed debt, raising muni utility taxes (same purpose), dedicating quarry royalties for debt service...correspondence tells us so. The $9 M in private GO debt issued in October of 2010 that tipped VOL over the legal debt limit was his baby...of which $4 M plus was NEW debt, used to pay for park and to pump up the volume on GF and oh, yes, pay for debt issuance costs. ALL charged to the TIFS, of course. The $2.9 M issued on July 1st of 2009 was also new debt.

Debt DECREASING between 2009 & 2010...Thought we played "lost and found" with over $2 M in 2009. And debt sure didn't decrease between 2010 and 2011, now did it.

You can keep your little handout...try working from the official documents...you know, the ones submitted to the Illinois Comptroller or posted on EMMA. Unpaid bills: prove it by posting records...you know...evidence. We have heard the broke story too many times before: June of 2009 (why we had to borrow $2.9M in publicly traded debt), now broke in 2010 (let's borrow MORE). Cry wolf much?

Your so-called facts are just unsupported statements if they have no black-and-white evidence to back them up (that would be official documents and records, not handouts, please). One more pesky question: Have you even looked at the audit itself?

And if your boy wants to take credit for Veterans Park, how powerless was he in 2009 and 2010, huh? Oh, I get it: powerful leadership in getting the park done; poor little helpless victim when it come to responsibility for the debt incurred to fund the $6M it took.(Is the equipment gold-plated?)
She back

United States

#6595 Mar 9, 2013
BTW, did VOL refund Mr. Gatz his $500 yet, money posted as a "bond" against any additional "newly discovered" debts he may have owed VOL? If not, is VOL paying Dick interest on that money?

Get a clue...most folks don't like mean and nasty in their politicians.
wondering

Forest Park, IL

#6596 Mar 9, 2013
She back wrote:
BTW, did VOL refund Mr. Gatz his $500 yet, money posted as a "bond" against any additional "newly discovered" debts he may have owed VOL? If not, is VOL paying Dick interest on that money?
Get a clue...most folks don't like mean and nasty in their politicians.
Did u get signed permission from Mr. Gatz to post the above comment?
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#6597 Mar 9, 2013
and the Winner is wrote:
<quoted text>
been better off if you watched the OSCARS
and the winner is: You and your crew are just hoping and wishing that the good voters of Lyons, will waste their time watching the Oscars, rather than paying attention to all of the "Shenanigans" going on with our local politicians. Dancing with the Stars cannot come soon enough for you knuckleheads. You are hoping and praying that the voters will have their heads in the sand, and be so wrapped up in what the Kardashian Sisters are doing, that they will be oblivious to what our Village President (Oops, I did it again!) "Our Esteemed-Self Proclaimed Mayor" is up to. And believe me, he is a busy and important "Relationship Building Mayor" (See his recent article in the "Worth Every Penny" Desplaines Valley News) and up to alot of things, wheeling dealing, building even more relationships, rescuing our humble Village from the abuses of past Administrations, building even more relationships. Whew!!!! How does he do it all??? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain voters!!! That's exactly what this current Administration is hoping and praying you will do.
wondering too

Forest Park, IL

#6598 Mar 9, 2013
stop with the oops thing...so, so corny.

You're finally giving credit to the Mayor for building relationships ..exactly what a Mayor should be doing..

Chicago, IL

#6599 Mar 9, 2013
Lady A wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah...real cute and adult like.....grow up
Lady A: Just ignore this person. It is probably one of those "older people" with another problem.

Chicago, IL

#6600 Mar 9, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we should just forget how tlc/mvp/vip destroyed lyons financially so we can make the same mistakes again and elect the same idiots although they now go by a different name. nope all lyons villagers need to remember what they did to US and make sure they never make decisions for us again.i was at the meetings where they gave their friends unimaginable contracts, that we later had to buy off and pay out. its going to take time to recover but working together we will overcome.
resident: What are the unimanginable contracts you are babbling about? What exactly did our not in control of the Village President (Oops I did it again-Sorry wondering too) our esteemed self proclaimed Village "Mayor" as seconded by our Village Attorney's,have to buy off or pay out? And did he buy off or pay out before or after he gained control of the Village Board? As for remembering, there is certainly alot all the Lyons Villagers need to remember!!! But we can get to that at a later date. Right now I am going down to the local revival to sing Kumbayah and get off a few Amens!!! Hopefully you and I will be standing next to each other, we can hold hands and support each other, as we take this special moment to recover and overcome together, you and I!!!!

Chicago, IL

#6601 Mar 9, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>you know the facts of those one-sided contracts you were there speaking out against them along with possibly hundreds of residents. but pattie w. and her board of fools smiled and gave them the ranch anyway.it was right after Getty was elected then stripped of his power by pattie w and her board. so all decisions up to may of 2011 were made by tlc/mvp.and by the way funny how after losing that election pattie w punished all of us by cancelling the parade and fireworks.
resident: Are these the new UCP talking points?? The big bad Pattie's stripped Chris of all powers after he was elected??? That our Village President (Oops I did it again-sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" (his Lawyers told him he can call himself "Mayor") was a babe lost in the woods and could do nothing for the first two years in office???? And because the Pattie's and the Board did not let him govern, the mess was so bad when he eventually got control in 2011, that he now needs four more years to straighten out the mess??? Let me ask you this Resident, why did our open and transparent Village President(my bad again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" not come in and perform a financial audit of all Village Finances and Tiff Finances, call a special meeeting and give a State of the State of the Village of Lyons Finances. Tell the Village Taxpayers this is the situation I have inherited and this is what I intend to do to correct this mess. Had he done that and delivered, four more years would be a given. That would have taken back bone and guts, something that has been sorely lacking over on Lawndale these past four years!!!

Chicago, IL

#6602 Mar 9, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again, deceiving the audience. You leave out that the Village needed the $2.9 million to finish the Village Hall along with the "extra" $2 million they received as a non refundable downpayment from the developers buying Smith Park (BTW, there is your missing $2 million).
And on top of this, there was still a $3 million unfundeded deficit for Veterans Park and $3 million more in costs to finance. I think that all of this was outlined at the Finance Committee you attended. Did you listen?
And again, Chris did not get control of the Board and the finances until 2011, all of the problems occurred before he could do anything about it. Did you ask Withorow or Henn why they had not completed the reports that were due before Chris took office? Since your ONLY practice the blame game, place it where it belongs.
Tired: You guys are sounding like broken records. Poor Village President (Oops sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" had no control. You are four years into this regime, and this is the best you idiots can come up with??? And since you brought Henn up, how much is it going to cost the Village Taxpayers to pay her off for our Village President's handling of her firing??? Did he have control of that brilliant move??
Bottom Stool

Forest Park, IL

#6603 Mar 9, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did u get signed permission from Mr. Gatz to post the above comment?
???

Chicago, IL

#6604 Mar 9, 2013
Not me wrote:
<quoted text>
please spare us the bull.
over 8 years of no coverage..
Why don't you tell the audience why they stopped covering us. You
know what you have said...say it now ?
I'll stick with the DesPlaines...they are doing a fantastic job...
they deserve every dime.
Not me: Since when, if ever, have you seen a local elected official and group of officials, so blatantly and feverishly tout and promote a small supposedly independent newspaper?? If you recall, two years ago when our Village President(darn it wondering too, I've done it again) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" as seconded by our fearless legal eagle Village Attorney's, was attempting his takeover of the School Board, he had absolutely no use for the Desplaines Valley News or the Landmark Newspaper. These were both irrelevent, as they were not backing his School Board grab, based on his sudden concern for the children and their educational well being. So let me get this straight, he had no control of the Village Board until 2011, and thus basically for two years he did and accomplished nothing, but it was not his fault, it was the fault of the prior two Administrations.He did not like the Desplaines Valley news in 2011 and we all know that it was an Independent Newspaper,a paper he could NOT CONTROL, a paper that was on to his scam in trying to wrest control of the Village Board, School Board and Library Board. Now let's fast forward to 2013 and he likes the DesPlaines Valley News, why the sudden change of heart????
Pesky OOPS

Forest Park, IL

#6605 Mar 9, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Tired: You guys are sounding like broken records. Poor Village President (Oops sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" had no control. You are four years into this regime, and this is the best you idiots can come up with??? And since you brought Henn up, how much is it going to cost the Village Taxpayers to pay her off for our Village President's handling of her firing??? Did he have control of that brilliant move??
You are a real joke...asking the question so you can turn around and answer it on this message board yourself, OOPS, maybe She Back
is you and you are She back...back to back....

Village of Dullsville

Arlington Heights, IL

#6606 Mar 9, 2013
Please do not put any political signs without permission!!!! How rude!
Lyons Produces Heros

Forest Park, IL

#6607 Mar 10, 2013
Lyons Produces Heros

Forest Park, IL

#6608 Mar 10, 2013

Chicago, IL

#6609 Mar 10, 2013
Lady A: Whay exactly is your issue with us "older people? Could it be that we actually have lived and recall the older history of our fair Village and can actually sit down with our neighbors, friends and children and verbalize our recollections of these events? Since you brought it up, wondering why us "older people" have an issue with our Village Presidents Father, the fact is the man is a convicted felon. Not just any old convicted felon, but convicted of crimes perpetrated while holding the same Office as our illustrious leader does now. Of course, the elder was Mayor of the Village at that time, which of course our esteemed leader claims he is also Mayor, seconded by his white collar patronage lawyers, that we pay to give him such ground breaking advice. Yes Lady A, us "older people" can actually recall and pass these events on to the younger generation, showing them how if we are not careful, history can and will repeat itself. My what a novel concept, passing along history without relying on Google or Facebook for this Knowledge!! OMG!!! I have another bit of groundbrakeing news for you Lady A, us "older people" actually like to go out and let our hair down every now and then!! We actually date, spend time with significant others, and yes we may even have an occasional one night stand, can you believe us "older people" Lady A!!!! And, are you sitting down for this visual, every once in a while we may even get under the covers and give you " younger people" a run for your money in that facet of life. LOL Lady A!!!!
She back

United States

#6610 Mar 10, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Tired: You guys are sounding like broken records. Poor Village President (Oops sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" had no control. You are four years into this regime, and this is the best you idiots can come up with??? And since you brought Henn up, how much is it going to cost the Village Taxpayers to pay her off for our Village President's handling of her firing??? Did he have control of that brilliant move??
The Village Board voted at their last meeting to approve a settlement of - surprize!-$50,000- what her contract called for. What wasn't answered is one Trustee's question: what did dragging this out for over a year cost we the taxpayers in legal fees from our village law firm?

Rumor has it our VP was agin settling...what is unsettling are the comments from the current crew attacking "previous administrations" and individuals at every opportunity AND in official documents - like the 2010 audit - that will remain public for a long, long time. How unprofessional and embarrassing.

As far as my mentioning the refusal of the Village Finance committee to recommend that the Board promptly refund Mr. Gatz' money, THEY made it public at their meeting. And I think we the taxpayers have a right to know what our elected and appointed officials are doing "in our name and on our behalf". Especially when those actions are accompanied by nasty little smirks.

BTW, thanks to the library board member who was supposed to come yesterday to speak about their referendum...the citizens showed and where were you? Didn't even have the courtesy to call and let the librarian on duty know that you were going to be a no-show. The citizens who came with questions did have a lively discussion, though, of both the pros and the cons of the referendum deal, as well as the context of the question being put on the ballot. More later on this...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Watch channel 9 tonight at 9pm 39 min interesting 102
Elmhurst Police can go suck a.... (Oct '09) 1 hr Elm Res 32
fire tokar 1 hr dazed and confuse... 47
Whatever Happened To.. (Sep '08) 18 hr WILDBILL 29
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 21 hr Attention 1,471
Hillside Academy more like jail than school (May '07) 23 hr joshua 187
News Oak Park Man Charged With Punching Pregnant Gir... Mar '15 GayleWood 1
More from around the web

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE