SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#6501 Feb 25, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - no, not cruel and heartless. I knew Jim well when he covered other communities. I am aware of his disability, but that doesn't justify poor journalism. It seems no one takes on difficult issues in the media, these days - just look at the Chicago press. I guess that makes him just one of the same. Plus the fact that Lyons is paying $2,000 per month to write "stories" for his paper - actually campaign ads disguised as stories.
Sorry, you have the story wrong. Jim is a great guy and probably one of the few reporters good guys left! It's the new owner of the DesPlaines Valley that dictates the paper, in case you haven't noticed the difference the last couple of months. The $2000 a month is going to Ray Hanania who is the political publicist for Lyons and Getty.....and us taxpayers get to pay the $2000, every month! The DV isn't a newspaper anymore, since Landek bought it, it is the personal political rag sheet for Landek and Getty.
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#6502 Feb 25, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask She Back... sure she can't wait to answer your concerns.
Landek bought it a couple of months ago.
Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6503 Feb 25, 2013
SORRY wrote:
<quoted text>
Landek bought it a couple of months ago.
Why make statements on this blog, before researching the issue?

It was not I who wanted to know who owned the paper. Nor was it I,
who made the nasty remarks about the reporter.
She back

United States

#6504 Feb 26, 2013
Looked at the TIF agency distribution reports on David Orr's website Sunday night.

Incremental property tax figures for TIF 4:

Tax Year 2007/FY 2008 $ 9,067.48
TY 2008 / FY 2009 $14,714.37
TY 2009 / FY 2010 $ 0.00
TY 2010 / FY 2011 $20,918.90
TY 2011 / FY 2012 $12,360.33

Total increment:$57,061.08
Average annual increment:$11,412.22

Debt on TIF 4:
$2.7 borrowed as Lien Bonds in 2008; $2.1M balance refinanced in 2012 as Debt Certificates
$2.95M borrowed October 2010 as Debt Certificates

Talk about "liar's loans"! It's pretty obvious that this little "vampire" TIF is sucking off every excess dollar from all three of the other TIFs, and equally obvious that we the taxpayers will never see a positive return on investment on TIF 4.

Maybe it is past time that we got someone in with fresh eyes and no skin in the game to crunch the numbers and determine whether we wouldn't be better off to take our lumps and pull the plug on TIF 4...before "they" borrow more and dig us deeper...
MRempfer

Chicago, IL

#6505 Feb 26, 2013
She Back, how do I vote for you today?
and the Winner is

Forest Park, IL

#6506 Feb 26, 2013
She back wrote:
Looked at the TIF agency distribution reports on David Orr's website Sunday night.
Incremental property tax figures for TIF 4:
Tax Year 2007/FY 2008 $ 9,067.48
TY 2008 / FY 2009 $14,714.37
TY 2009 / FY 2010 $ 0.00
TY 2010 / FY 2011 $20,918.90
TY 2011 / FY 2012 $12,360.33
Total increment:$57,061.08
Average annual increment:$11,412.22
Debt on TIF 4:
$2.7 borrowed as Lien Bonds in 2008; $2.1M balance refinanced in 2012 as Debt Certificates
$2.95M borrowed October 2010 as Debt Certificates
Talk about "liar's loans"! It's pretty obvious that this little "vampire" TIF is sucking off every excess dollar from all three of the other TIFs, and equally obvious that we the taxpayers will never see a positive return on investment on TIF 4.
Maybe it is past time that we got someone in with fresh eyes and no skin in the game to crunch the numbers and determine whether we wouldn't be better off to take our lumps and pull the plug on TIF 4...before "they" borrow more and dig us deeper...
been better off if you watched the OSCARS
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6507 Feb 26, 2013
and the Winner is wrote:
<quoted text>
been better off if you watched the OSCARS
Obviously, that is where you get your news. Just bury your head in the fictional world of the movies and ignore what is happening in your own community. Have another glass of Chris' coolaid!
and the Winner is

Forest Park, IL

#6508 Feb 26, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, that is where you get your news. Just bury your head in the fictional world of the movies and ignore what is happening in your own community. Have another glass of Chris' coolaid!
Argo was not fictional !!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6510 Feb 27, 2013
and the Winner is wrote:
<quoted text>
Argo was not fictional !!
Um - Argo is what is referred to as "historical fiction". While the movie is based on fact, the contents are considered a "dramatization." Much is the same way Les Miserables was not fiction, either.
She back

United States

#6511 Feb 27, 2013
Well, isn't this special:

Contributions List

Your search found 1870 receipts totaling $4,238,169.09

Vendor Name Vendor Address
Comcast

Contributions List

Your search found 600 receipts totaling $1,284,310.63

Vendor Name Vendor Address
Comcast Financial

Contributed By Address Amount Received By Description Vendor Name Vendor Address
Comcast Financial Agency Corp. 1701 JFK Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19103 $1,000.00
2/20/2013 1A
Citizens for Christopher Getty

No wonder cable/phone/internet is so $$$.

But Comcast just lost a customer...Obviously they don't need my money, if they have so much to toss around in local politics.
and the Winner is

Forest Park, IL

#6512 Feb 27, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Um - Argo is what is referred to as "historical fiction". While the movie is based on fact, the contents are considered a "dramatization." Much is the same way Les Miserables was not fiction, either.
Thank you She Back for being spokesperson for Spielberg.
She back

United States

#6513 Feb 27, 2013
and the Winner is...the Landmark, for a great article on North Riverside's finances and subsequent Moody's bond rating downgrade.

http://www.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/2-26-... 's-downgrades-North-Riverside- bond-rating/

Will we the taxpayers ever get this kind of straight forward info on Lyons' finances? Not holding my breath...
Lady A

Lyons, IL

#6517 Feb 28, 2013
Sidedish wrote:
Maybe she's one of his sidedishes.
oh yeah...real cute and adult like.....grow up
for all u liberals

Forest Park, IL

#6518 Feb 28, 2013
resident

Chicago, IL

#6519 Mar 1, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Resident: Why is it that this administration, as well as their supporters, keep blaming previous administrations for this administrations inability manage Lyons for the benefit of the taxpayers? Instead of focusing on your accomplishments, like putting up Christmas Lights(the green ones were pretty)and bringing the Circus to town, you keep wanting to blame administrations from four years or more prior. Buckle up Buttercup!! That ship has sailed!!!!
maybe we should just forget how tlc/mvp/vip destroyed lyons financially so we can make the same mistakes again and elect the same idiots although they now go by a different name. nope all lyons villagers need to remember what they did to US and make sure they never make decisions for us again.i was at the meetings where they gave their friends unimaginable contracts, that we later had to buy off and pay out. its going to take time to recover but working together we will overcome.
resident

Chicago, IL

#6520 Mar 1, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy wasn't the one who:
went full speed ahead and borrowed $2.95M dollars (on top of the $2.7M his predecessors stuck us with)for a TIF (that would be TIF 4) with only a few vacant lots and a Culver's (and with average incremental taxes coming in of less than $12,000 per year)and made sure that that debt would be General Obligation - meaning payable from our property taxes;
whose regime - oops, I mean administration - couldn't quite keep up with those pesky statutory requirements, like filing financial reports...annually, of all things, FOIA, Open Meetings Act;
relied on oh-so-private "bank loans" to keep his spending spree "under the radar" and exempt from prying eyes of taxpayers and regulatory agencies...and oh, yeah, investors...
still keeps on keeping on billing us on our water bills for debt retired - or supposed to be retired - last year;
silently added on additional General Fund "administration fees" to the water and garbage fund administration costs already assessed by the General Fund..this would be at the suggestion made back in June 2009 by our Finance Director (but only since May 2011) and all around Financial Wizard, in order to create additional revenue to pay for (then) current and (in 2009) proposed debt. This on top of a rate increase.
Need more? Because there's lots!
BTW, he is NOT "OUR" mayor...he is currently the Village President. Whether he gets another term remains to be seen...and lots can happen between now and April 9th.
i am anxious to see vip contributers please post info.
She back

United States

#6521 Mar 1, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we should just forget how tlc/mvp/vip destroyed lyons financially so we can make the same mistakes again and elect the same idiots although they now go by a different name. nope all lyons villagers need to remember what they did to US and make sure they never make decisions for us again.i was at the meetings where they gave their friends unimaginable contracts, that we later had to buy off and pay out. its going to take time to recover but working together we will overcome.
Sorry, but first we the taxpayers are going to have to recover from ucp. I'd ask for examples of those contracts so I could compare them to the current crop...but I'm pondering your recovery statement. Recovery is not about just tacking on additional fees to water and garbage bills to pay off unrelated debt, nor is it increasing fees and raising municipal utility taxes to their maximums...recovery is also not about playing musical dollars with debt. It is about finding the root cause(s) for VOL financial disfunction...disfunction which appears to span numerous administrations, including the present one.

I could ask you to define "destroyed financially"...Would you mean something like exceeding our Legal Debt Limit? Because the current administration owns that one, with the issuance of $9M in debt in 2010.(Even though the 2010 audit tries to clumsily cover it up by inflating EAV, in an official document, no less). Not meeting financial reporting requirements? Ditto for this regime.

But not to worry, true believers...Very soon, our Finance Wiz will complete the deal that transforms debt limit applicable GO bonds and debt certificates into Alt Revenue bonds that don't count toward the limit. And, coincidentally, pave the way for VOL to issue another $10M of debt or so.

Just think, someday we here in Lyons could grow up to be Bridgeview.
Man B

Lyons, IL

#6522 Mar 1, 2013
Lady A wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah...real cute and adult like.....grow up
Really!? Who is the one that made that comment about Pattie!!?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6523 Mar 2, 2013
Wow President - I mean Mayor - Getty is really the man of the century. He does SO much for our military...as long as it doesn't require any actual effort on his part.

"Mayor Getty opened and dedicated Veterans Park to the Armed Forces in 2012 and also actively participates in annual Memorial and Veterans Day ceremonies held by the Village."

What about the boxes of "goodies" someone was actually sending to our troops? Why didn't he include "Mayor Getty used his power to stop a political enemy from sending relief to our troops."
She back

United States

#6524 Mar 2, 2013
Sorry, but Getty had nothing to do with that...

Years ago during President Vachata's term, a civil engineer inspected Davidowski Hall and wrote up a report stating his finding that it was unsafe for occupancy. Repairs were never undertaken to make it safe, and that report was buried and pretty much forgotten. The Hall remained in use and eventually the veteran's service group you mention was given exclusive use while Visk was Village President. The report resurfaced when the Board of Elections requested to use the Hall as a polling place. Once the report was back in play (and yes, Getty was now Village President) the Village had no choice but to shut the Hall down pending repairs/reinspection or jeopardize insurance coverage for the Village as a whole as well as incur liability if anything went wrong and someone was injured.

Just another example of this Village failing to conduct due diligence - regardless of which group is in power. And this would be a failing of the Village Managers involved, just as much as of the elected officials.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 9 hr Jackies 1,445
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) 18 hr Uncle Chuckle 80
Empty lots on 111th (May '12) 22 hr annonymos 24
Is this site even relevant to Chicago Ridge any... Wed Stone Cold 5
How many are Running for School Board!!!! Wed x-ridge rat 16
car into house Wed The 111th Street ... 4
Geralyn Nocita files ballot objection Wed funny how this works 13
Riverside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]