lyons, il politics
Remembering

Riverside, IL

#6167 Jan 11, 2013


You forgot how much it cost ?



abc

Riverside, IL

#6168 Jan 11, 2013
She Back wrote:
A little walk down memory lane on a previous objection:
http://www.state.il.us/court/Opinions/Appella...
Been there, done that. Never did find out how much that one cost the Village...
it's always good to do due diligence before filing objections, so that your cause of action has evidence (not hearsay or wishful thinking) to support it.
Money talks and all the rest walks.

Lawyers Love Lyons LLC!
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6169 Jan 11, 2013
Remembering wrote:
You forgot how much it cost ?
I know what the Proponent paid, but not how much VOL paid Ancel Glink to represent Marie Vachata and the Election Board. Won't even ask what the objector paid to Odelson & Sterk.
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6170 Jan 11, 2013
Interesting: so there's at least one judge out there who believes in ballot access.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-14...
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6171 Jan 11, 2013
And the latest from Cicero...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/brea...
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6172 Jan 12, 2013
Wow - I see Getty has a new "I Love Me" page...
http://villageoflyons.blogspot.com/...

Funny how no one else in our Village is doing anything.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6174 Jan 12, 2013
And another view of this guy...

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/ray-hana...
again

Forest Park, IL

#6176 Jan 13, 2013
She Back wrote:
Monday, January 14th at noon in the Village Hall is the latest round of "ballot cleansing":
Objector to Dick Gatz is Michael Bennett, identified by our VOL Spin Doctor as a "resident".
http://villageoflyons.blogspot.com/2012/12/ly...
But there is more you should know about Michael Bennett: President of High Definition Power Washing:
http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/CorporateLl...
and a campaign contributor to UCP:
High Definition Power Washing, Inc.
12930 S. 80th Avenue
Palos Park, IL 60464 $250.00
9/20/2011 Individual Contribution
United Citizens Party
High Definition Power Washing, Inc.
12930 S. 80th Avenue
Palos Park, IL 60464 $250.00
9/1/2012 Individual Contribution
United Citizens Party
Fair & Balanced: We provide, you decide.
So Getty is AGAIN trying to eliminate competition and costing us taxpayers money. This shenanagans has to stop!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6177 Jan 13, 2013
“These last four years I have changed the village’s direction and put the residents first,” said Mayor Getty.“I want to continue to provide the residents of Lyons the best services the village has to offer.”

As long as you don't want to know what's going on...
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6178 Jan 13, 2013
Mayor Getty describes a Village Board Meeting: "...a fantastic show that I will always remember, from the clowns hitting each other over the head to the elephants parading around the ring thrilling the audience as they stood on their hind legs."

BTW - people usually "stand on their hind legs", as they have no front legs. Did you mean the elephants were standing on their hind legs? Better go back and redo English 101.
BTW

Arlington Heights, IL

#6179 Jan 13, 2013
WTH wrote:
Mayor Getty describes a Village Board Meeting: "...a fantastic show that I will always remember, from the clowns hitting each other over the head to the elephants parading around the ring thrilling the audience as they stood on their hind legs."
BTW - people usually "stand on their hind legs", as they have no front legs. Did you mean the elephants were standing on their hind legs? Better go back and redo English 101.
What are you talking about?
Drew

Riverside, IL

#6180 Jan 13, 2013
WTH wrote:
“These last four years I have changed the village’s direction and put the residents first,” said Mayor Getty.“I want to continue to provide the residents of Lyons the best services the village has to offer.”
As long as you don't want to know what's going on...
He has done a lot for the town in past 2 years...don't forget the first two years of his office was controlled by the Dream Team.
Concerned parent

Forest Park, IL

#6181 Jan 13, 2013
Was there another shooting in Lyons Saturday? Plainfield rd just west of 1st ave. same house as last time? What have our detectives been investigating lately?
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6182 Jan 13, 2013
Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
He has done a lot for the town in past 2 years...don't forget the first two years of his office was controlled by the Dream Team.
Funny, how that first two years "controlled by" others he managed to borrow $14 M. And the last two years: still no timely financial filings, no current audits or budgets, no "required" annual TIF review Board meetings. Ditto for TIF reports. Still requiring year end TAWs to "make ends meet."

VOL running in fiscal opacity...as is the Board. BUT, we have $2000 per month to pay for image enhancement, Hanania style.

For all interested parties, Election Board meets tomorrow to consider objections against Bergman and Gatz. High noon at the Village Hall.
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6183 Jan 13, 2013
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/subu...

The link above illustrates why prudent Boards cap allowable interest rates when they approve ordinances or resolutions to incur debt.
Dowdy

Riverside, IL

#6184 Jan 13, 2013
She Back wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ news/local/suburbs/orland_park /ct-tl-0110-orland-fire-pensio n-issue-20130110,0,5535419.sto ry
The link above illustrates why prudent Boards cap allowable interest rates when they approve ordinances or resolutions to incur debt.
-- and u think we got problems
Neighbor

Chicago, IL

#6185 Jan 13, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
Was there another shooting in Lyons Saturday? Plainfield rd just west of 1st ave. same house as last time? What have our detectives been investigating lately?
Talked to friends on that block and said it was a scene out of a movie with gun shots and cars driving down sidewalks. Appears to be another gang shooting but they said no ambulance was there. He heard that they caught the car after a high speed chase on 290. This town isn't safe !
What now

Riverside, IL

#6186 Jan 14, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Talked to friends on that block and said it was a scene out of a movie with gun shots and cars driving down sidewalks. Appears to be another gang shooting but they said no ambulance was there. He heard that they caught the car after a high speed chase on 290. This town isn't safe !
No town is safe !!!!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6187 Jan 14, 2013
Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
He has done a lot for the town in past 2 years...don't forget the first two years of his office was controlled by the Dream Team.
Since "he" has done so much for the Village, why can't we find out without having to FOIA everything? Where is the new budget? Where are the financial reports? Oh, yeah, "he" is too busy promoting himself.
She Back

Chicago, IL

#6188 Jan 14, 2013
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/17563055-4...

The latest on Cicero's Sunday election board hearing: love the part about relevent evidence being Dominick's admission of a debt owed to the town OR proof that Cicero had billed him & tried to collect. Wonder if OUR election board has read this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist still in coma after November accident (Jan '10) 29 min Lowest of them All 16
Beyond 2018 3 hr so easy 21
Guy who ran up and down 107th Street in Worth a... 13 hr Runner Fan 1
Increasing number of blacks and Hispanics movin... (May '08) 18 hr eP_2112A 210
News Hair Care Products Recalled for Bacterial Conta... Jan 20 Lowest of them All 1
Our Lady of the Ridge School Closing (Jan '17) Jan 19 Goes Back 45 Years 23
Review: Coffey, Jeri DDS - Jeri Coffey DDS (Aug '08) Nov '16 Kathy Mahonet 4

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverside Mortgages