Lyons woman sentenced to 60 days in jail for crash that killed ...

A Lyons woman was sentenced to 60 days in jail and must complete 160 days of community service for driving recklessly before an accident that killed two high school friends in 2007. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Speakin da trut

Chicago, IL

#92 Jul 9, 2008
I'm sure her parents never made her take responsibility for her actions at any point in her life. Why should she be held accountable now? She was the prom queen after all. If something bad happens, it is always someone else's fault.

Since: Jul 08

Pahrump, NV

#93 Jul 9, 2008
Chill Out wrote:
For the sister of stanley: I honestly do feel sorry this had to happen and that you have to deal with the loss. Although i probably should not comment back to you because i don't want to be disrespectful to you in anyway. I really do wish this had never happened.
Ok so you're not trying to be disrespectful in any way hmmm I really find that hard to believe because you keep writing these little comments. Just stop already. I honestly do not care what your opinion is and almost everyone else on here doesn't care either. Give it a rest. Sure she might be going through a "hard" time full of pain or whatever, but what about the pain my brother and Adam faced that night. I hope she feels that pain and has that fear in her for the rest of her life. Think about that next time you go to stand up for her. Think about protecting the driver when you are in their position with a tree centimeters away from your fragile body...
Pete

Chicago, IL

#95 Jul 9, 2008
concerned wrote:
This girl did not pick up a gun a shoot 2 people. She made a terrible mistake which she will live with the rest of her life. Don't forget the passengers chose to get in the car with her and apparently stay in the car with her even with the way she was driving. They may have even been encouraging her so unfortunately the victims share a little blame in their own death. I don't think this girls life should be over because she did something stupid and lived to stand trial.
Two peoples' lives ARE over because of this girl's reckless and selfish actions. What don't you understand about this? Death is a permanent thing. The victims' families will never get to see their loved ones again. Would it really be so unfair to this KILLER if she had to serve some real prison time?
Pete

Chicago, IL

#96 Jul 9, 2008
Chill Out, you are an extremely selfish person. You are completely incapable of understanding how a person's actions affect others. It's all about you and your friends, isn't it? Nobody else matters.

Whatever you do, don't reproduce (please tell me you haven't already). The last thing the world needs is more self-absorbed and low intelligence buffoons like yourself. Let me guess, your parents never told you "no" when you were a kid.
pug

Brookfield, IL

#97 Jul 12, 2008
concerned wrote:
This girl did not pick up a gun a shoot 2 people. She made a terrible mistake which she will live with the rest of her life. Don't forget the passengers chose to get in the car with her and apparently stay in the car with her even with the way she was driving. They may have even been encouraging her so unfortunately the victims share a little blame in their own death. I don't think this girls life should be over because she did something stupid and lived to stand trial.
Hard too exit a car doing 75 or 80 mph tuck and roll wont work
pug

Brookfield, IL

#98 Jul 12, 2008
DanR57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaahh. 60 days is just fine. Now..if she had been drinking!..THEN she would have deserved 60 years.
But, since she wasn't drinking, it was just an accident, and the trauma she has already suffered, along with the 30 or so days in jail she will still suffer ought to be enough to teach her a valuable lesson. Since there was no alcohol "involved" it was UNpreventable,and inevitable because we KNOW that any accident where alcohol IS involved is 100% preventable. Just ask MADD.
Well Said
Ant

Chicago, IL

#101 Jul 14, 2008
Chill Out wrote:
I went through some of these comments and i never realized how ignorant people can be. Yeah It is a horrible thing that two lives were taken and there families will never be able to see there kids again, but there is no way in hell that any of you should say she did this on purpose or call her a murderer.
Bottom line is she committed involuntary manslaughter and two months in jail is not an appropriate sentence. To drive through a community doing over 50 miles an hour clearly shows depraved indifference. She may have been there for those poor kids in the past, but she definitely did not "have their backs" that time. Any time a person is responsible for the death of another individual, whether it is a friend, relative or stranger, should not affect the sentence handed down. No amount of community service will make up for the stupid way that she killed her best friends. Nobody needs friends like that.
Aztek

United States

#102 Jul 20, 2008
She should be tortured daily with chinese methods and arabic methods!!!
rico

Chicago, IL

#103 Jul 22, 2008
Aztek wrote:
She should be tortured daily with chinese methods and arabic methods!!!
Have her tied down and listen to LA LEY on radio.
Aztek

Chicago, IL

#104 Jul 22, 2008
rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Have her tied down and listen to LA LEY on radio.
I disagree! She should be tied down and listen to rico's preaching and nonesense. That will make her want to committ suicide.
rico

Chicago, IL

#105 Jul 23, 2008
Aztek wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree! She should be tied down and listen to rico's preaching and nonesense. That will make her want to committ suicide.
That would be an exorcisim!
And the demons would go back and report to you.
Aztek

United States

#106 Jul 23, 2008
rico wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be an exorcisim!
And the demons would go back and report to you.
Even they are afraid of me. I've seen people possessed by demons and it's crazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathleen Mastrino ARRESTED for Retail Theft! 7 hr God is King 4
River Grove Library (Feb '11) 7 hr Margaret 42
Do you approve of Krzysztof (Kris) Wasowicz as ... (Apr '13) 9 hr Cuban 7
NOCITA rules (Apr '11) 12 hr taco lacoco 23
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 18 hr Justice1313 8,183
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... (Jun '14) Sun Juan 31
Lilly Sat Thrillbilly 1
Riverside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverside

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:12 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:12PM
Indianapolis Colts Cap Season with Fitting AFC South Sweep
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NBC Sports 5:10 AM
League office to review Suh step on Monday