Lyons woman sentenced to 60 days in jail for crash that killed ...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Lyons woman was sentenced to 60 days in jail and must complete 160 days of community service for driving recklessly before an accident that killed two high school friends in 2007.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Bloody Snowman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

60 days sentence for 2 lives? Boy, life sure is cheap around here!
Logical

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

The Bloody Snowman wrote:
60 days sentence for 2 lives? Boy, life sure is cheap around here!
Indeed! Have to remember these judge's names come election time.
The Bloody Snowman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

I looked her up; no record yet. This will establish one I am quite sure!
james matamoore

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

This worthless subhuman piece of refuse should get at least 25 years in prison, without parole..Two teenagers were murdered by this savage....60 days in jail and community service! Te only leniency is not giving the guilty party the death sentence!
Libs dont no justice

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Thank goodness for liberalism....the disease which cultivates in court rooms that deem 60 DAYS in jail is a punishment that "fits the crime."
60 years would be a little more acceptable punishment for destroying two families and cutting probably 60 years from someone..
Good God. Just elect Obama. I'm sure that goon will "law on" criminals like this with an iron fist..
GUFFAW!
Helen

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

My guess is she'll be out tonight or in a week or so, doing the same thing and laughing with her friends and her dad that she got away with it.
These types never learn and they couldn't care less who they maim or kill, as long as they get away with it and can do it again. I bet Daddy even bought her a nice, new, faster, shinier car because those naughty police officers were mean to her.
My prayers to the families of the two people she murdered.
At least they know that when this girl takes her last breath, even if she lives to be 90, the two she killed will be waiting for her, the first faces she'll see - and she'll face a greater judge - and likely a much, much harsher sentence - than she would ever face here.
hmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Incredibly sad. 60 DAYS for 2 lives...I just don't get it! I know she is young, they were friends, but wow...
Ella

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

MCD wrote:
I find it inconceivable that the Judge could have given this self-centered killer 3 years but chose not to.
The audacity of her father to claim it was just an accident and could have happened to anyone is outrageous. Traveling up to 75 mph in a 25 mph zone is NOT an accident. It is complete and reckless disregard for other drivers and people. And the fact that she could have been racing her brother, along with her father's comments, shows they all possess a complete lack of personal responsibility and regard for anyone but themselves.
I couldn't have said it beter.
eje

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Wow, 60 days? Thats not even a slap on the wrist ...
Ant

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

If she lived in a poor community and could not afford a good lawyer, she would be charged as an adult. Money is always right.
Road Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

60 days !!! That's too much. People, how can you be so cruel to someone, who just commited harmless childish mistake?! I think tapping on hand would be more than enough for something like that.
viva la *omoliberalism !
Angie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah the judge was so not moved by her last minute tears he gave her an extremely lenient 2 months for two deaths caused by drag racing. I'm not saying give her life but can she at least get a little more community service than 160 days?
Angie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

MCD wrote:
I find it inconceivable that the Judge could have given this self-centered killer 3 years but chose not to.
The audacity of her father to claim it was just an accident and could have happened to anyone is outrageous. Traveling up to 75 mph in a 25 mph zone is NOT an accident. It is complete and reckless disregard for other drivers and people. And the fact that she could have been racing her brother, along with her father's comments, shows they all possess a complete lack of personal responsibility and regard for anyone but themselves.
Not to mention she didn't even give a dayum until sentencing. It wasn't until it was about her that it became real, screw the dead kids.
leonard hamilton

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

I know kids who got years for a joint. This is a true slap in the face of justice. When a person dies it is not just some accident that can happen to anyone. Accidents are dropping a glass, tripping on a carpet. Maybe now some people will realize the difference that money makes in the courtroom.
clyde

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Whoa! Sixty whole days? She will never make it. It will do her in.
30 days would be more appropriate. Oh, wait. Home confinement maybe. She only killed two kids, after all. Now if it had been THREE, that would be a different story. 90 days in that case.
and

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

2 months for 2 lives...and with the typical 2 days credit for 1 served, she'll be out in a month... pretty soon it will be cheaper by the dozen. Make her do some morgue community service, or highway trash pick up (that'll show her what 75mph REALLY looks like). May the families of the departed find peace, cause justice was truly deaf, dumb AND blind in this case.
john patrick

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

The Judge notes she has no remorse and then slaps her on the wrist with a penalty so short as to be an insult to the dead students' memories. Her father thinks speeding is just an "accident." An appalling vista.
Chicago

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

I just don't get this:

If the judge "was not moved by the woman's tears" and had "never seen her show one ounce of remorse," why did she only sentence her to 60 days and not the 3 years in prison she potentially faced?

That just doesn't make any sense.
Fast Eddie

North Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

Remember this judge and vote him out!
I think I'll go 95 thru town tonight.
pissed off

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

What's 60 days for killing two people....what kind of world do we live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverside Discussions

Search the Riverside Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 22 min Elizabeth Swann 8,062
james wayne hovel rip 48 min waknup 10
Stone Park .... Again 6 hr Stone Cold Cowards 2
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! 7 hr Act DOMINGUEZ Act 938
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr Dusty Mangina 47,034
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Stimied 3,776
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 11 hr Scrubber59 491
•••
•••
•••
•••

Riverside Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Riverside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••