From "Win-Win" to "Lose-Lose" Bruce?

From "Win-Win" to "Lose-Lose" Bruce?

Posted in the Riverside Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Asking

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Aug 8, 2007
Chicago Ridge village officials are looking forward to several developments including the construction of a CVS at the northwest corner of 111th Street and Central Avenue. The pharmacy will replace Walsh’s Towing and Auto Truck repair, which now occupies the corner. Walsh’s will demolish the building on the property and relocate west of Parkside Avenue, the first street west of Central.

“It’s a win-win situation because the village will get the sales tax from CVS,” said Chicago Ridge Trustee Bruce Quintos.

Village Clerk Charles Tokar said,“This will clean up a major intersection in Chicago Ridge and it’s been in the works for a while now so we’re excited.” From the Reporter Newspaper 1-11-07
Just Asking

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Aug 8, 2007
So Bruce where is the press release on your lack of sound judgment, or Chuck on your failure to follow through? The excitement of actually having a deal work out must have been more than you could bear. Your lack of commitment to your jobs is showing. This was one of the big things in 2007. More important than signing Nugent for one night.
Weight Watcher

Oak Lawn, IL

#3 Aug 19, 2007
Just Asking wrote:
So Bruce where is the press release on your lack of sound judgment, or Chuck on your failure to follow through? The excitement of actually having a deal work out must have been more than you could bear. Your lack of commitment to your jobs is showing. This was one of the big things in 2007. More important than signing Nugent for one night.
Why would Bruce Quintos have to explain for his enthusiasm over a new business or any other business? How much could he really have done to bring in a new drug store anyway? What does he know about the drug business? As a competitive body builder, musician and as a police officer he would never have had exposure to corporate negotiations and might not have known a good deal from a bad deal. He was really just a cheerleader,without the tight sweater, for the losing side.
what happened

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2007
Just Asking wrote:
Chicago Ridge village officials are looking forward to several developments including the construction of a CVS at the northwest corner of 111th Street and Central Avenue. The pharmacy will replace Walsh’s Towing and Auto Truck repair, which now occupies the corner. Walsh’s will demolish the building on the property and relocate west of Parkside Avenue, the first street west of Central.
“It’s a win-win situation because the village will get the sales tax from CVS,” said Chicago Ridge Trustee Bruce Quintos.
Village Clerk Charles Tokar said,“This will clean up a major intersection in Chicago Ridge and it’s been in the works for a while now so we’re excited.” From the Reporter Newspaper 1-11-07
Still waiting for the report on the damages. This has to be talked about in the open. Nothing happened at last night's meeting. Bruce, this is a loser here.
Rico

Oak Lawn, IL

#5 Aug 23, 2007
Chuck Tokar and Jim Saunoris negotiated a sweet taxpayer-funded deal for their friends the Walsh brothers, but the brothers screwed both CVS and the Village. The Village paid for engineering, legal, and development of a new holding junkyard for the wrecks the Walsh company tow. Now the Walshes have blown their deal with CVS and still want their pals at the Village let them keep their new holding junkyard. Who pays for this mistake Chuck?
K Schmalen

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 1, 2007
Chuck Tokar has his "hand" in everything in the SW suburbs!
MT Nestor

Oak Lawn, IL

#7 Sep 1, 2007
K Schmalen wrote:
Chuck Tokar has his "hand" in everything in the SW suburbs!
good posting K. Aside from him getting his hand into everything in the SW suburbs, and village taxpayers paying for his antics who really benefits?
pog mahone

Oak Lawn, IL

#8 Sep 1, 2007
Rico wrote:
Chuck Tokar and Jim Saunoris negotiated a sweet taxpayer-funded deal for their friends the Walsh brothers, but the brothers screwed both CVS and the Village. The Village paid for engineering, legal, and development of a new holding junkyard for the wrecks the Walsh company tow. Now the Walshes have blown their deal with CVS and still want their pals at the Village let them keep their new holding junkyard. Who pays for this mistake Chuck?
And after this misstep bigjim has retired and moving to his new home way out south? Can he take a few of his clowns with him?
KATHY Schmalen

United States

#9 Sep 6, 2007
K Schmalen wrote:
Chuck Tokar has his "hand" in everything in the SW suburbs!


Dear K Schmalen .. hello! I was just curious what your full name was because my name is also K. Schmalen.. Kathy Schmalen.
what happened

United States

#10 Sep 7, 2007
KATHY Schmalen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear K Schmalen .. hello! I was just curious what your full name was because my name is also K. Schmalen.. Kathy Schmalen.
Are you the Miss USA?
Wondering

Oak Lawn, IL

#11 Sep 21, 2007
Just Asking wrote:
So Bruce where is the press release on your lack of sound judgment, or Chuck on your failure to follow through? The excitement of actually having a deal work out must have been more than you could bear. Your lack of commitment to your jobs is showing. This was one of the big things in 2007. More important than signing Nugent for one night.
So where is it boys?
Wondering

Oak Lawn, IL

#12 Oct 2, 2007
Just Asking wrote:
So Bruce where is the press release on your lack of sound judgment, or Chuck on your failure to follow through? The excitement of actually having a deal work out must have been more than you could bear. Your lack of commitment to your jobs is showing. This was one of the big things in 2007. More important than signing Nugent for one night.
Another agenda posted (thank you to whoever). Another meeting will go by. The end of the year will be upon us. And why won't Bruce tell us how we lost-lost our "win-win"?
Wondering

Oak Lawn, IL

#13 Oct 25, 2007
How about it boys?
AnswerPlease

West Lafayette, IN

#15 Nov 24, 2007
Anything?
what happened

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 13, 2007
KATHY Schmalen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear K Schmalen .. hello! I was just curious what your full name was because my name is also K. Schmalen.. Kathy Schmalen.
Aren't you "One-Handed" Tokar's girlfriend?
Oak Lawner

Chicago, IL

#17 Dec 13, 2007
what happened wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you "One-Handed" Tokar's girlfriend?
You're right about that. I hear she kicked her "bust-out" hubby to the curb and took up with Chuckie...AGAIN!
Again

West Lafayette, IN

#18 Feb 21, 2008
Where is the CVS that you called our win-win Bruce?
Vols

Oak Lawn, IL

#19 Feb 25, 2008
Bruce, its nice to see not everyone on the board is selfish. Taking the plundge into the lake to reaise money fro the special olympics is a very comendable thing. Thanks, I'm sure everyone appreciates your support.
Got to be crazy

Oak Lawn, IL

#20 Feb 25, 2008
He went in the lake 24 times in 24 hours with a bunch of other crazy cops. Good thing. I know he did all he could to get the CVS in our town.
Moose

West Lafayette, IN

#21 Feb 25, 2008
Vols wrote:
Bruce, its nice to see not everyone on the board is selfish. Taking the plundge into the lake to reaise money fro the special olympics is a very comendable thing. Thanks, I'm sure everyone appreciates your support.
Yeah I agree. Everybody on the board is selfish except Bruce. He should "Hulk" out on all of them some night and show them who is boss. All the rest are useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings 38 min NB Forrest 2
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 6 hr It Is So 53
Homeless Beggars on SW Hwy & Harlem (Dec '14) 12 hr live free 8
Robert T Larson 13 hr Curious in Indiana 1
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 13 hr Off topic butit m... 8,965
Lawsuits for Faggianno and Wasilenko (Feb '14) 14 hr Crazy 20
News Disabled Veteran Beaten in Front of Own Home: Wife (Oct '15) 22 hr Alice Jones 8

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverside Mortgages