Why Does Roberto Sepulveda Post On Topix?

Posted in the Riverside Forum

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of274
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hello

Bellwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

no Klu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in my previous comment (the one you replied to) did I mention anything about race you half-wit?
Who is even talking about Mexico? You know who should get the job?? The most qualified candidate not the idiot who knocked on a few doors for Serpico. Im done with your stupidity
ya im sure whose credentials will be best at time for hiring, right on bobby boy
be practical

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

obsessed wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I ask you "how to" is to point out that it doesnt matter what they do, it will never be sufficient. You ask them to change the world, and don't even care to pay attention to the fact that those that have had the power and ability to make things better for the last 16 years have done NOTHING.
I don't think anyone is asking RMP to reinvent the wheel. But in their trajectory of wanting to make things better in MP there has to something they have done to brag about? Idk, maybe helped fundraise for a liver transplant, even volunteered in Hispanofest, ran a marathon anything? But I don't think any of those candidates volunteer anywhere, because I even heard that the one chic candidate is not on Hispanofest Board as she claims to be on their website. What a joke.
dont generalize

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Just because things have changed and there are more Hispanics in Melrose doesn't mean that they are the cause of a ruining town. I am Latino and you couldn't tell by looking at me nor looking at my house on the outside nor the inside. You can't assume bcuz I am Latino your white property taxes are going to go down! That's just plain racism, but at least you admit it. I'm not a racist, I don't have time for that!
Double standards

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

be practical wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone is asking RMP to reinvent the wheel. But in their trajectory of wanting to make things better in MP there has to something they have done to brag about? Idk, maybe helped fundraise for a liver transplant, even volunteered in Hispanofest, ran a marathon anything? But I don't think any of those candidates volunteer anywhere, because I even heard that the one chic candidate is not on Hispanofest Board as she claims to be on their website. What a joke.
Wait a second, I do know Bobby or "Roberto" as you call him. He has done all the things that you just mentioned and more and you still talk shit. It seems that you just have a personal problem with him and he isn't even running for office. What a joke your comments have become. Obviously it is personal.
Well if you must know

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

be practical wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of telling you where they have volunteered if you're response will always be "I heard that they are lying."
Many of the candidates have done the things you mentioned, go and ask them yourself instead of saying "I heard.." thats easy to do, watch; I heard you want to distract voters from the real issues so you come up with fake arguments that have nothing to do with good government.
LOL

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Well if you must know wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of telling you where they have volunteered if you're response will always be "I heard that they are lying."
Many of the candidates have done the things you mentioned, go and ask them yourself instead of saying "I heard.." thats easy to do, watch; I heard you want to distract voters from the real issues so you come up with fake arguments that have nothing to do with good government.
Hahahaha. This is a new low for their excuses.

"We can't give you any examples because you'll call us liars."

1) If they're true examples we'll give you credit.
2) If they're lies we'll call you a liar.

So PLEASE, Melrose Park begs you, give us some examples of how this ticket has HELPED Melrose Park! No more excuses. Trust me. Either give an example or stop making excuses. You're embarrassing yourselves.
I know

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So PLEASE, Melrose Park begs you, give us some examples of how this ticket has HELPED Melrose Park! No more excuses. Trust me. Either give an example or stop making excuses. You're embarrassing yourselves.
I heard Jesse makes good small talk with the cashiers at 7/11 on division (when he walks around town like a hobo). Does that count for him fostering local business growth?

It better! You MVP guys better count that!
I get it

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
I'm going to run for local office. I'm going to tell the voters 0 things about what I have done for their community. When asked "what have you done for your community?" I will respond that you must come to my campaign office and ask me that in person. I'm a real winner. I'm Jesse Martinez.
nope

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>What is the point of telling you where they have volunteered if you're response will always be "I heard that they are lying."
Nope u got me completely wrong. I give credit where its deserved. I probably wouldn't be saying most of these things if Bobby was running because I believe HE HAS done allot for people wether it was through his job or because he is a nice guy. It's bcuz of the candidate nobodies, that have done nothing that I open my mouth about. Seriously RMP, there wasn't anybody else out there that was a little bit better qualified? There's 25,000+ people in Melrose. It's embarrassing, but I'm interested, what was RMP biggest challenge? Getting a Latino to run on you or getting a white to run with you? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to hear those conversations. Lol!

In my opinion, most "smart" older MP resident (that r Latinos) are already supporting the current Mayor and have been for years! The few Hispanics that don't support the Mayor are mostly out of towners who don't live in MP but have a business here (those are the loud mouths, the rebels without a cause). Then of corse there are the bitter bunch of "si se puede people" (usually the younger ones that have some college credits but never finished) that think that by being forceful and over assertive that they are going to get anywhere! They don't get anywhere, they only get "disliked" (that if they would have worked a little harder & finished college they would have another approach) The people in between are the ones that are up for grabs, those are the people who don't care enough. So for those people wake up, and do something, volunteer somewhere, make a f$@€#@difference somewhere! But then again those people aren't reading on Topix bcuz they obviously don't care!
RMP Supporter

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I'm a lazy 20-something-year-old with unfettered potential and low motivation. I wanted to do something but I didn't know what. Then I found the answer to my problems. I became an RMP supporter. Every 4 years I get to go on Topix and feel important. I get to walk around town for a couple months and try to act important to people. And then after our (joke of a) ticket loses, I get to go back to being a lazy 20-something-year-old with unfettered potential, looking for something to do. Hmm, why doesn't my ticket win again, I can't figure it out...
Well if you must know

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I already gave a few. You didnt acknowledge them. I never said I can't give you examples, I CAN give plenty.You proved my point, you wont acknowledge them, or everything I say is a lie to you. It's like arguing with a deaf person, you dont listen.

I ask you for the 5th time....What has Abruzzo done EVER??????????
MVP supporter

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RMP Supporter wrote:
I'm a lazy 20-something-year-old with unfettered potential and low motivation. I wanted to do something but I didn't know what. Then I found the answer to my problems. I became an RMP supporter. Every 4 years I get to go on Topix and feel important. I get to walk around town for a couple months and try to act important to people. And then after our (joke of a) ticket loses, I get to go back to being a lazy 20-something-year-old with unfettered potential, looking for something to do. Hmm, why doesn't my ticket win again, I can't figure it out...
Im a leech that cannot think for myself. I don't care about my community, I just want to know how I can get something out of supporting Ronnie. What Jesse says might make sense, but there is no way I will give him the time of day- im not allowed to.

Some of us have zero ties to MVP, but we're biased and want to believe the lies that MVP says about Jesse. We too, cannot think for ourselves.

We all look for non-issues and try and turn them into issues of the greatest magnitude.
We started with "Jesse isn't a Melrose Parker," that didnt work. Then we went to "he's a stone park trustee" that didnt work. soon after someone thought that arguing "he was suspended from work"might gain some traction, that didnt work. We had no choice but to make fun of their website even though it is 10 times more professional than MVP's (I mean c'mon anything with Serpico's fat ugly mug is already starting off in a bad place), and guess what? That didn't work. OH! We know! let's say they arent involved in the community!! Damn, thats not working for us either.

Wow, look at the dumb shit we are trying to pass as arguments: he's not a Melrose Parker? their website sucks? They arent building food pantries? Those are our best arguments?

Well I guess we can just resort to throwing dirt around and will never acknowledge the hypocrisy of our own statements. We will ignore anything that casts MVP in a negative light; it doesnt exist if we dont respond. Yea maybe that will work! Let these RMP people stick to Real Issues, Serpico will give us the scraps that fall of his saliva streamed cheek. Maybe ill rub his belly to show him that im willing to do anything for him, no matter how gross. Ill be a cop in no time, who needs to pass a test!
nope

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MVP supporter wrote:
<quoted text>Im a leech that cannot think for myself. I don't care about my community, I just want to know how I can get something out of supporting Ronnie. What Jesse says might make sense, but there is no way I will give him the time of day- im not allowed to.

Some of us have zero ties to MVP, but we're biased and want to believe the lies that MVP says about Jesse. We too, cannot think for ourselves.

We all look for non-issues and try and turn them into issues of the greatest magnitude.
We started with "Jesse isn't a Melrose Parker," that didnt work. Then we went to "he's a stone park trustee" that didnt work. soon after someone thought that arguing "he was suspended from work"might gain some traction, that didnt work. We had no choice but to make fun of their website even though it is 10 times more professional than MVP's (I mean c'mon anything with Serpico's fat ugly mug is already starting off in a bad place), and guess what? That didn't work. OH! We know! let's say they arent involved in the community!! Damn, thats not working for us either.

Wow, look at the dumb shit we are trying to pass as arguments: he's not a Melrose Parker? their website sucks? They arent building food pantries? Those are our best arguments?

Well I guess we can just resort to throwing dirt around and will never acknowledge the hypocrisy of our own statements. We will ignore anything that casts MVP in a negative light; it doesnt exist if we dont respond. Yea maybe that will work! Let these RMP people stick to Real Issues, Serpico will give us the scraps that fall of his saliva streamed cheek. Maybe ill rub his belly to show him that im willing to do anything for him, no matter how gross. Ill be a cop in no time, who needs to pass a test!
Idk that Abruzzo has done anything for his community however I do know he has graduated college, i believe he has a masters degree and is an architect with a successful business. What does that tell me without me knowing him personally? That he's smart and has some degree of discipline to finish what he starts. So he's a rookie getting his feet wet still.......some people think he has the capacity to be Mayor. Lord help us! He better start doing some charity work!
I get it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

MVP supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Im a leech that cannot think for myself. I don't care about my community, I just want to know how I can get something out of supporting Ronnie. What Jesse says might make sense, but there is no way I will give him the time of day- im not allowed to.
Actually literally every argument you mentioned against Jesse worked. Why? Because he lost! And he's going to lose again. The fun part for us is that we get to bring up not 1 thing about him but dozens.

After you lose what will you say? "You think you beat us but you didn't! You have no idea!"
crook county

Gridley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Abruzzo can suck a dik with his greasy hair.what good are all those credentials if he does nothing for the community. It's unfortunate that politics is all image with no substance. you guys look good on paper, but what horrible leaders for the town. we finally got some honest and stand up the candidates, but mvp will never acknowledge that even though they are residents and they should respect everybody in the community. As a matter of fact they put a sign on my lawn with noyou permission ,this disqualifies them automatically in my book for my vote.
hmmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

MVP supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about that is, all the reasons given DID work. They're all true, you people just give us sooooooooo much to work with that we switch to yet another reason why you and your entire ticket would be awful for the community just as quickly as one reason gets momentum. It's just too easy.

You ask people to go talk to you and Jesse to get more information on the "issues." Like you deserve or are somehow entitled to my time. Who the FUCK do you think you are? I make my decision based on people's credentials and experience on whether or not it is worth my time. Nobody on that ticket is worth a second of my time as it relates to running the city of Melrose Park. No one has anything in their past that would lead me to believe I need to hear there thoughts on the subject.

I don't want to hear a garbage man tell me about financial markets in the east or comment on Quantum physics and the future challenges in Particle Sciences, the same way I don't want kids who live at home with their parents or their uncles houses telling me how to run an ENTIRE city. If I want to the physics community to listen to my theories on physics, maybe I should become a physicist first huh? Maybe get some of my work published? This is Not a small town with no industry like Stone Park, we're talking a large city with a lot of influence. For goodness sake prove yourselves at ANYTHING before you try to prove yourselves at such important positions that affect so many.

However, if I needed information on how to collect baseball cards as a grown man or maybe Fantasy Football I'm sure many people on your ticket would be helpful. I'll let you know.
credentials ha

Bellwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about that is, all the reasons given DID work. They're all true, you people just give us sooooooooo much to work with that we switch to yet another reason why you and your entire ticket would be awful for the community just as quickly as one reason gets momentum. It's just too easy.
You ask people to go talk to you and Jesse to get more information on the "issues." Like you deserve or are somehow entitled to my time. Who the FUCK do you think you are? I make my decision based on people's credentials and experience on whether or not it is worth my time. Nobody on that ticket is worth a second of my time as it relates to running the city of Melrose Park. No one has anything in their past that would lead me to believe I need to hear there thoughts on the subject.
I don't want to hear a garbage man tell me about financial markets in the east or comment on Quantum physics and the future challenges in Particle Sciences, the same way I don't want kids who live at home with their parents or their uncles houses telling me how to run an ENTIRE city. If I want to the physics community to listen to my theories on physics, maybe I should become a physicist first huh? Maybe get some of my work published? This is Not a small town with no industry like Stone Park, we're talking a large city with a lot of influence. For goodness sake prove yourselves at ANYTHING before you try to prove yourselves at such important positions that affect so many.
However, if I needed information on how to collect baseball cards as a grown man or maybe Fantasy Football I'm sure many people on your ticket would be helpful. I'll let you know.
Let's not forget about the fat man Ronnie credentials. In 1997 when he ran against Taddeo, all he was
was a bullshit real estate lawyer and the son of a convicted mobster.
So suck on that MVP!
Also look how many changes he made in his trustees since 1997....They all left him because he is such a backstabber, coke head, degenerate gambler...he needs billy campanelli to give him $30,000 every couple years to pay off the bookies. He has been banned from casinos because his credit is no good anymore......such great credentials!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

credentials ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget about the fat man Ronnie credentials. In 1997 when he ran against Taddeo, all he was
was a bullshit real estate lawyer and the son of a convicted mobster.
So suck on that MVP!
Also look how many changes he made in his trustees since 1997....They all left him because he is such a backstabber, coke head, degenerate gambler...he needs billy campanelli to give him $30,000 every couple years to pay off the bookies. He has been banned from casinos because his credit is no good anymore......such great credentials!
Can you document any of the above?
mmhmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No experience? Jesse has worked for the state of Illinois for longer than Serpico's been mayor. As you people have pointed out he has also been trustee of Stone Park AND Proviso Township. So if you say that you base your opinion on experience then clearly you are lying. Otherwise, based on your argument he should at least be entitled to your time. How can you say you make your decision based on whether or not they deserve your time? How do you know if they deserve your time if you've never spoken to them? you may not talk to a garbage man about the markets in the far east, but local government are not markets or quantum physics. Local government is about common sense. For all the "experience and credentials" you say that MVP has, look at how much they've screwed our town. Serpico's a lawyer, Abruzzo's an architect, so on and so on, what good has that done us? I talk issues that affect our community and point out all the poor choices Serpico's administration has made and all you come back at me with is "fuck them (RMP), they dont have PHDs. Who cares that they might have actual ideas, cause I wont listen to them." You dont need a phD to know that you should have effective leadership in our police dept., that won't foster a hostile environment so that taxpayers wont spend money on lawsuits brought on by our own police officers. Common sense would dictate that you dont spend money on stupid projects (division st.) that do nothing for the community and would add further to the debt. Good local government is not nepotism. If there is a construction project, it doesnt take a genius to know that if you allow contractors to bid on the project you will get the best deal for taxpayers. What about addressing the flooding problem that happens every time it rains in west Melrose, instead of giving Danny's Deli a brand new parking lot? Good local government is about solving real life problems that directly affect the community, not theoretical principles with complex reasoning in mathematical languages.
and since you brought up physics...where was Einstein working when he came up with some of his most important theories? As a physicist?? Nope...he worked as a clerk in a patent office.
Born Melrose parker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Ouch! F****** love it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of274
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Riverside Discussions

Search the Riverside Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Midlothian Composer 3,817
chuck tokar MAYOR 2 hr Working smart 6
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 2 hr check yourself sweetie 1,074
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 3 hr By George 1
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,691
Need Help from Flossmoor Fire? Department Charg... 4 hr Revenue Reporting 3
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr newpoly 1,830
•••
•••
•••
•••

Riverside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Riverside People Search