Super Tony's grocer announces officia...

Super Tony's grocer announces official start, grand opening events - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

There are 58 comments on the www.mysuburbanlife.com story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Super Tony's grocer announces official start, grand opening events - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life. In it, www.mysuburbanlife.com reports that:

Tony's Finer Foods has confirmed the opening day and time for its super store in North Riverside and announced grand opening events.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mysuburbanlife.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Speakin da trut

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 26, 2008
I can't wait for this store to open. That ridiculously small Jewel store in N Riverside should be closed. That place puts me in a bad mood.
rico

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2008
It is small and the carts suck they are so messed up. It does have a gloomy look to it.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#3 Feb 26, 2008
Speakin da trut wrote:
I can't wait for this store to open. That ridiculously small Jewel store in N Riverside should be closed. That place puts me in a bad mood.
What's worse about Jewel's is their New Low Prices.
They should be ashamed of that banner outside , only good deals are on the preffered customer deals.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#4 Feb 26, 2008
rico wrote:
It is small and the carts suck they are so messed up. It does have a gloomy look to it.
They have new carts , but they haven't taken away the old ones yet , so stupid that the carts you grab inside are crap and the ones lined up just outside are brand new.
rico

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 27, 2008
Jayelem wrote:
<quoted text>
They have new carts , but they haven't taken away the old ones yet , so stupid that the carts you grab inside are crap and the ones lined up just outside are brand new.
It's nice that they have handy wipes to clean the carts.
Freedom of Speech

Irving, TX

#6 Feb 27, 2008
I like Fairshare Finer Foods myself on Roosevelt and Harvey. :]
rico

United States

#7 Feb 27, 2008
That Riverside JEWEL needs a makeover and they will be fine.
Don Quixote

Bloomington, IL

#8 Feb 27, 2008
rico wrote:
That Riverside JEWEL needs a makeover and they will be fine.
They had a makeover not too long ago , the Stickney location is brand new from scratch which might be the better solution , unfortunately the N.Riverside Jewel is attached to a shopping center.
rico

United States

#9 Feb 28, 2008
Maybe they should move across the street to Harlem & Cermack Plaza. Lotsa room there.
Freedom of Speech

Irving, TX

#10 Feb 28, 2008
There's an open building and lot across the street from Walmart. Thats a good open space.
rico

United States

#11 Feb 28, 2008
Seems kinda small and that area is busy now.
That area really did a big turn around.
Nedra Ruiz

AOL

#12 Mar 1, 2008
I was shopping in Tony's today at the deli. I selected a ticket # to be waited on at the fried chicken side. When my # was called I said I wanted the fried chicken, then was yelled at loudly by some young guy' I can't help you over there" after which I was ignored so I left without anyone ever approaching me to take my order. The 5 min I waited there no one ever said I didn't need a # for the fried chicken, only the deli I assume is where the tickets are for? There should be a sign that says that! I won't be going there ever again after being yelled at so rudely and embarassed!
rico

United States

#13 Mar 1, 2008
I'll check the place out to see if they pull that crap on me.
Summitmom

Bloomington, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2008
I shop at the Tony's in Bridgeview and think they have pretty decent prices as well as good variety. Hope this location maintains that as well. My only issue with the Tony's in Bridgeview is that all the cashiers seem to be very high schoolish, really young and chatty with one another when your waiting to be rung up. It annoys me just thinking about it.
rico

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2008
I went there today.
I see they have a security guard unlike JEWEL.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#16 Mar 3, 2008
rico wrote:
I went there today.
I see they have a security guard unlike JEWEL.
What is that suppose to mean , unlike Jewel.

A security guard's presence makes me feel as if I should be more cautious because it can be an unsafe place.

Did you like the selction of food items?
rico

United States

#17 Mar 4, 2008
The selection in the fruit area was great!
In the frozen pizza area too.
Speakin da trut

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 5, 2008
I bought a slab of carrot cake from their bakery. It was at a good price, but Dominick's carrot cake has more flavor. Oh well.
rico

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 5, 2008
how's the chicken or soup?
Freedom of Speech

Irving, TX

#20 Mar 6, 2008
I personally cant wait for the Chilis to open up on Harlem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many are Running for School Board!!!! (Jan '15) 3 hr Protect the Kids 55
neighborhood watch facebook 4 hr which 3
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 4 hr Climate March 9,733
Sally Durkin (Dec '12) 5 hr Vote Independents 81
moody lie letter 5 hr werth 2
debates 5 hr Vote Independents 2
Big Surprise The Commissioner lies 5 hr jjr 4

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance