Corona residents fear Foothill Parkwa...

Corona residents fear Foothill Parkway project will create traffic

There are 61 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Apr 26, 2007, titled Corona residents fear Foothill Parkway project will create traffic. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

“Everybody going south on the 15 and west on the 91 is going to find out real quick that Foothill Parkway is a great place to go”

Discussion began in the 1980s about the need for an additional connector road linking Corona's west and south ends. via The Press-Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2007
It is bone-headed to think of even considering to open Border Avenue to Foothill.

Border Avenue is a small, two lane, winding residential road. Stop signs are optional even to residents; more traffic would be a vehicular war zone.

The final nail in the coffin for this poorly engineered project should be John Adams Elementary, but Corona residents hardly recognize the 25 mph speed limit for Rainey Middle and Corona High Schools on Lincoln Avenue...even after the death of a bicycling student.

So with that blatant disregard for our children's lives, it only goes to show that Corona politicians and residents care solely about zipping to their manicurist at 55 mph on surface streets. The next step will be to incorporate with Orange County instead of Riverside to complete the facade.
Brian - South Corona

Fullerton, CA

#2 Apr 30, 2007
Foothill Parkway will benefit all of Corona. If the residents along Border and Mangular wish not to be connected, they will continue to overburden Ontario as they will not have access themselves to Foothill. The wise option is to be build the connections now for Emergency services and close it to all other traffic. If the citizens later decide they want access, it will only be a minimal cost to open these connections later if built now.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#3 May 1, 2007
Brian - South Corona wrote:
Foothill Parkway will benefit all of Corona. If the residents along Border and Mangular wish not to be connected, they will continue to overburden Ontario as they will not have access themselves to Foothill. The wise option is to be build the connections now for Emergency services and close it to all other traffic. If the citizens later decide they want access, it will only be a minimal cost to open these connections later if built now.
Typical blather of a South Corona-ite. It is not fair residents along Border and Mangular have to pay for their poor decisions to buy into where they did. I never said to not extend Foothill, I said count residents in the areas out of the little scheme by extending what was clearly designed as residential streets.

As for not having access to Foothill, we long time residents are all fine with it. That way South Corona-ites can zip along through school zones at 55 mph along Foothill and leave us be.
Kurtz

Spokane, WA

#4 May 3, 2007
always rent the biggest, ugliest, stupidest vehicle available for twice yearly Corona visits. like to be prepared for required participation in The 3rd Rate A**hole Olympics that is Corona driving.
Dan

United States

#5 May 4, 2007
Interesting news. We are in escrow on a home in Sierra Del Oro along Green River (aka 91/15 interchange alternate route). Thank goodness for California's 17 real estate back-out rule!
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#6 May 4, 2007
Dan wrote:
Interesting news. We are in escrow on a home in Sierra Del Oro along Green River (aka 91/15 interchange alternate route). Thank goodness for California's 17 real estate back-out rule!
Hi Dan,
Sierra Del Oro is a nice area. There is currently a LOT of traffic along Green River Road now, and opening it to Foothill would only increase it marginally. I think you'll be OK there, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk with some future neighbors to see what they think.

Green River is a wide street through there; four lanes and a median. Our concern along Border and Mangular is that they are small two lane streets with parking on each side of the road. We have a lot of children along both those streets, and also a school. Clearly, those streets unlike Green River are not designed for heavy traffic loads.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#7 Jun 29, 2007
Great turnout at the bogus "workshop" at the library everyone. At least they know we are mad as all hell, and aren't going to take our quiet residential streets made into heavy traffic arteries without some noise.

One weasel in particular, the "engineering consultant" aka "land developer puppet"...well, enough said. Watch him...he will try to tell us it won't be that much traffic. I read the "study" they published (I snagged one when the engineer wasn't looking) and behold...several conflicting studies/numbers as to how much traffic will litter our streets. They don't have any idea at all!

One thing they forget...in another 5 years when Foothill is clogged with traffic...where will the people go? Answer: Back to Ontario and our residential streets. Until they stop over developing, traffic is going to get worse.
Dutch Oven

Rialto, CA

#8 Jun 29, 2007
Born and raised in Corona. I miss the good old days. But at this point the extension of Foothill parkway is a neccessary evil. I don't need any studies to tell me that. Its quite obvious.
jason harris

Fullerton, CA

#9 Jun 29, 2007
Dutch Oven wrote:
Born and raised in Corona. I miss the good old days. But at this point the extension of Foothill parkway is a neccessary evil. I don't need any studies to tell me that. Its quite obvious.
go pump yourself, cancer is a neccessary evil.
Dutch Oven

Rialto, CA

#10 Jun 30, 2007
jason harris wrote:
<quoted text> go pump yourself, cancer is a neccessary evil.
Kiss my arse. Enjoy the parkway.
corona-itis

Hereford, AZ

#11 Jul 1, 2007
It's a no win situation. The point is there are just too many people driving too many cars to get to the same places we all need to go...Land developers crawl around our cities looking for new routes every day to compensate for our ever growing population. We are all just a bunch of ants living on a giant ant hill.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#12 Jul 2, 2007
I never said the Foothill extension is evil, just opening Border and Mangular to it is wrong. In fact, Foothill will be great; all those homes along Ontario where it is two lanes will FINALLY have some sanity again...for awhile. This should have been done 15-20 years ago. In fact, it doesn't go far enough as to connect with Santa Ana Canyon Road and offer a bypass to the stinking 91.

We just don't want the traffic and crime in our neighborhood because of some weasel land developer aka "engineering consultant" thinks it is a good idea. We all ready see people on Lincoln driving 55 mph through two school zones...we don't want that through a residential neighborhood.

The Home Owner's Associations in the area are planning on implementing speed bumps should the city carry through with this scheme. Whatever the city does, we will counter it.

Do enjoy Foothill though...it will cut your commute times significantly.
South Corona-ite

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jul 5, 2007
This road should have been built in the 80's. It's been on the map since then... so anyone in it's path should have either moved away by now, or been advised of the new road when they bought their house.
Trust me, people driving to the 91 from South Corona don't want to drive down your 70's style streets littered with your little ill-maintained homes. Even if Border and Mangular were open to traffic from Foothill, I'd avoid the trash whenever possible.
If you don't like it, leave.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#14 Jul 5, 2007
South Corona-ite wrote:
This road should have been built in the 80's. It's been on the map since then... so anyone in it's path should have either moved away by now, or been advised of the new road when they bought their house.
Trust me, people driving to the 91 from South Corona don't want to drive down your 70's style streets littered with your little ill-maintained homes. Even if Border and Mangular were open to traffic from Foothill, I'd avoid the trash whenever possible.
If you don't like it, leave.
Why don't you come to the next workshop and stand in front of 300 angry people and say that? I thought not. It's easy on a website...isn't it? You'll never have to actually face anyone on here...you can slander behind your anonymousness and demonstrate your IQ that happens to match your show size.

Why would you want to drive down our streets...it is senseless to even suggest it. We are worried about people driving through to get to the parkway, Einstein.

So now we see the aristocracy of those who have the attitude of living in Orange County, but not the funds to back it up. How is that little Toyota doing with your 50 mile commute? Let me guess...you also are for open borders and you like to exploit people too? Do you call yourself Christian to boot?

As for leaving without a fight...don't count on it. We who live in trash aren't spineless like some who have to commute into Irvine.

As for slander; save it for your coworkers. It does not behoove anyone with a shred of intelligence to recklessly insult people.
BC in the 951

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 6, 2007
I live in South Corona and look forward to the Foothill Parkway opening, with or without the connections into the mini-tijuana-like setting that is your neighborhood, Chrissy. I work in the OC because there aren't many companies big enough to foot my 6-figure salary.
You're just afraid of all the non-english speaking, non-drivers-licence carrying, North Corona Mexicans speeding south through your hood! Can't say I blame you there... I'd be afraid too! Maybe the best option really is just to open the road but bypass your neighborhood completely. That makes the most sense, then we wouldn't have to see you either. 8-)
Common Sense Please

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 6, 2007
So the issue has inappropriately turned into threats, slander, and speculative insults.

If this is how Chris behaves in one of those workshops, he might take a moment to asses the lack of respect and productivity towards the goal.

It seems the road is agreed by all a necessity to help improve Corona folk's travels, away from the residential streets, primarily away from Ontario Ave.

While Mangular access makes sense for that more populous road, getting cars off Ontario Ave., access to the road from Border seems very unecessary for it's surrounding neighborhoods. How nice of the developer to offer the option to those very few homes to use it. However, I agree with Chris on the one point to deny Border quick access to the road. They can continue to take the long way around.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#17 Jul 6, 2007
BC in the 951 wrote:
I live in South Corona and look forward to the Foothill Parkway opening, with or without the connections into the mini-tijuana-like setting that is your neighborhood, Chrissy. I work in the OC because there aren't many companies big enough to foot my 6-figure salary.
You're just afraid of all the non-english speaking, non-drivers-licence carrying, North Corona Mexicans speeding south through your hood! Can't say I blame you there... I'd be afraid too! Maybe the best option really is just to open the road but bypass your neighborhood completely. That makes the most sense, then we wouldn't have to see you either. 8-)
6 figure salary...right...somehow I think you're missing a zero. Remember, you live in Corona, not LA, not Orange. A 6 figure salary would live there...not here...so I deduce you are a liar.

However, I'm not bigoted unlike yourself, and have no problem living with immigrants. I find the problem is usually with white and stuck up, not unlike yourself. They are the ones that rush to their manicurists at 55 mph through school zones.

So when do you want to debate the merits and problems of the road without resulting to name calling? I thought not...you have issues with being forced to live in Corona.
Chris

Corcoran, CA

#18 Jul 6, 2007
Common Sense Please wrote:
So the issue has inappropriately turned into threats, slander, and speculative insults.
If this is how Chris behaves in one of those workshops, he might take a moment to asses the lack of respect and productivity towards the goal.
It seems the road is agreed by all a necessity to help improve Corona folk's travels, away from the residential streets, primarily away from Ontario Ave.
While Mangular access makes sense for that more populous road, getting cars off Ontario Ave., access to the road from Border seems very unecessary for it's surrounding neighborhoods. How nice of the developer to offer the option to those very few homes to use it. However, I agree with Chris on the one point to deny Border quick access to the road. They can continue to take the long way around.
Sorry that it unnerves you that I'd be willing to debate this at a workshop. I don't understand you Americans...you hardly ever stand up for your beliefs...your homes. But for name calling and slander...you all do quite well. Amazing your country has lasted this long.

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jul 6, 2007
Hey Chris,

Now we're getting somewhere. All this talk about "You Americans" this... and "Your Country" that. What an idiot.

Are you even legal? Do you even own your own house? If you're not an American, you can GET OUT right now.

Your commute probably consists of getting your butt out of bed after a long night of drinking, scheleping it over to my neighborhood in your beat-up old Nissan truck and mowing all of my neighbor's lawns.

I could probably buy 3 of your houses for what I paid for my spread up on the hill.

Chris, do yourself a favor... quit it with the tough-guy defensive talk and step away from the computer. You're only making yourself look worse and worse. You can whine and moan and over-inflate your report of the response at the workshop... but at the end of the day, the city is going to do whatever it takes to keep things moving. You lose.
Dutch Oven

Pacoima, CA

#20 Jul 6, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that it unnerves you that I'd be willing to debate this at a workshop. I don't understand you Americans...you hardly ever stand up for your beliefs...your homes. But for name calling and slander...you all do quite well. Amazing your country has lasted this long.
If you're a legal resident of Corona then you're an american too. If you're not then your opinion means nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) 19 hr WSRiVa Gang 61
Review: New Exceptational CSRA Adult Program Ce... Oct 15 EXCEPTATIONAL CSR... 32
7819 Cypress Ave. Riverside, CA 92503 Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CSRA AD... 33
Review: Riverside Job/Employment Center Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CA EMPL... 20
3850 Vine St. Riverside, CA 92507 Oct 12 RIVERSIDE CA JOB 24
Stanislaus County Treasury and Tax Collector Gu... Oct 9 Your Service Prov... 1
Review: Castle Park Oct 6 CASTLE PARK RIVER... 1

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverside Mortgages