Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201865 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Boba a Lou

Covina, CA

#214280 Sep 4, 2013
Don't let the Bob A Lou hit on the way out/].
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214281 Sep 4, 2013
Boba a Lou wrote:
Don't let the Bob A Lou hit on the way out/].
Ba Ba Booey!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214282 Sep 4, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Asstroll quit stalking..I will not be silenced by you or anyone else. I will always speak out against this disgusting bigoted ignorance.
Me too dammit!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214283 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
I have never ever showed any disrespect for anyone. I did not know that you were a gay, for this is the first time I have read that. I have always said that any sin that ones does has to deal with God and his Word. For we all have sinned, but my sins are not your sins and I have confessed them to God when I was quite young and God remembers them no more. If you want to live as a gay that is your business, but it is my business that God has told me to share his word and perhaps there is someone out there that may hear his word and be saved and that was my only purpose for this forum, but you try and make people miserable with your comments when you have no proof of who I am and what I am. God knows who I am and that is all that matters to me. If you leave me alone, I will leave you alone. You have also done this to others and I am sure many people have reported you. I contacted topix a few times when I got on this forum and asked them if there was anything that I wrote that was not permitted, and they told me that I was fine.
Suzanne...

I want to talk to you seriously. So many gay youth (and adults) suffer from HORRIBLE guilt when they repeatedly go to God to change their orientation, but are unsuccessful.

Others involve themselves in sham, unloving marriages; all in order to try to keep what they believe is God's word.

When they fail--and 9 times out of 10 they do fail--it devastates them. It destroys their lives and the lives of their wives or husbands and children.

Also, when they fail at trying to live a life that YOU come on here and try to get them to live, they turn their anger inward. They become seriously depressed--sometimes suicidal. Some attempt to kill themselves and others DO kill themselves. Others turn to alcohol and/or drugs to numb the horrible pain they experience.

When you come here and spread your "message" you are contributing to the pain and undoing of these people.

You think that you're helping. But what you are really doing is harming people with what you believe is God's mandate for others.

I don't believe that God ever wanted His word to be used in this manner. You don't use God to push people over the edge, Suzanne.

You have asked, "Could you perform homosexual acts in front of Christ?" Let me ask you, "Could you look into the face of the parents of a 13 year old who killed himself after reading your repeated posts about how he is going to burn in hell for eternity because he can't change an aspect of his characteristic?"

If I came to you today and insisted that you had to become a lesbian could you change yourself? That's what you're asking people to do.

A person's sexual orientation--the gender that they are attracted to--is hardwired. You're born with it. Ask any gay person and they will tell you that they knew from an extremely early age that they were attracted to people of the same gender.

It's already difficult enough to be gay without people such as yourself always trying to scare us into changing something that is unchangeable.

You do more damage than good. You push people further away from God. When they believe that God doesn't care about them--that He will cast them into eternal hell for who they are--you push them away from Him.

Suzanne, IF being gay is a sin, it is not THE worst sin out there. It didn't make it into the "Ten Commandments". And out of every law and verse you can find in the Books of the Bible it is mentioned only a few times.

You and others have become fixated on this issue. And in doing so, you harm society--God's creation.

Consider what I'm telling you. Do you think that putting people's lives at risk and pushing them away from God is worth the continued posts you leave here?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214284 Sep 4, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Asstroll quit stalking..I will not be silenced by you or anyone else. I will always speak out against this disgusting bigoted ignorance.
Huh?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214285 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you were offended, but I did not write that post and we know now that someone is tampering with my name and trying to bring me down. I do see what you are talking about and would never have seen this until you brought it to our attention. My husband is very upset that someone would actually try and ruin one's reputation. We have been married 55 years & we have never been apart and live very strict lives with taking care of our adult daughter who has a disability. I would never write about something that I have never taken part in, for that would be foolish for everyone on the forum to see and this is not me at all. Also, someone is adding words that I did not say at all. This is defaming my charactor and it would yours if someone is bringing you down and saying that you quoted that you had been a drunk, a drugger and a prostitute. We feel that there is discrimination on this forum and the Christians are going to have problems if they quote the Scriptures as I have continually. When I have been writing the Scriptures, I write the exact words when I quote them. The only reason I thought it was you is because on one of the replies, your name comes above a text of which I did not write, so now being you said you are not guilty of this, my husband is going to get to the bottom of this. Also, my husband and all of my friends and family think that this forum was not for me. I have been on many forums, but never had this type of situation ever happen. There is always a first time that something comes along when you have to move on.
They do that to me too. Impersonate me and post vile hateful stuff as if I was posting it. That's why no one likes us. It's a set up!

Any mean nasty posts with my name on them are forgeries!
Robin Pixton

Concord, CA

#214286 Sep 4, 2013
There is only 1 judge that matters and we know how he feels!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214287 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Jesus, he doesn't. You gonna take that? Just let him slide because he's gay?
There are others here (both gay and straight, supportive and unsupportive of SSM) who don't believe in Jesus. I've never slammed them for their beliefs. It's not my place.

If they read what I write and are moved to look into Christianity, then that's up to them.

Stop trying stir things up just because you're bored.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#214292 Sep 4, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your OWN post where you admitted to being a ho. The post is 214187. Here it is:
I gave up alcohol, drugs and prostitution over 5 years ago when I discovered Christ. I know first hand what it is to be a reborn Christian and embrace His power and glory. Gays need to do the same.
We are sorry that you are offended, but now we are sure after checking the listing that you are referring to #214187 that I did not write that post and someone is tampering with my name and using my name to put me down as a tramp. This is not me and my husband is very upset that someone is using my name. I went back several days and have noticed it now and cannot believe that someone would do that. I would never even have looked this up until you brought this to our attention. I would not believe that someone could do this and this is not acceptable at all, for the forum will not know what I am saying if it is not me. We live very strict lives since we were first married 55 years ago. We are never apart and we take full time care of our adult daughter that has a disability. I have only mentioned one thing that I regret that I did when I was younger and I did some gambling of which I stopped cold turkey and never went back. I could see how dangerous it is and you never win, so I stopped. I would never say something like being a drunk, drugger or prostitute ever, for that is not the life that I live and very far from it. I have plenty of witnesses of how I live as my children, my neighbors, friends over 55 years and my husband is my best witness of my charactor. My family and friends and especially my husband does not want me on this forum as a Christian, for they say it is not for me and I am seeing the damage that someone can do to somebody and now agreeing with them that this is not for me and it could very well be that somebody out there wants me off and they are doing this to me to get me to leave. My husband is going to look into who is guilty of using my name on this forum and will get to the bottom of this ASAP. He will not allow someone to bring me down to a level of being a tramp. We have not contacted topix yet about these comments, but perhaps topix can find the person by checking emails. The person who is adding words also in some of my texts. They either add a word or two or they leave something out that I am saying. I am sure that topix has all the posts on file. I contacted them when I first started about some things that I was not sure about, but they explained what I was concerned about at the time. I hope and pray that people on this forum will think what they are doing, for giving opinions, or writing Scripture about what you feel that God would have you say, should not give them a right to try and ruin one's life to get rid of people. I was only addressing you because your name was above something that you thought I quoted and now we know that it is someone using my name.
Kats Stevens

Covina, CA

#214293 Sep 4, 2013
Kats Stevens once said, get off my foot.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#214294 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Reputation for WHAT???
Your reputation in here is one of being an overly zealous religious nutbag who thinks she(?) can dictate what gays should follow in terms of religion and life.
Get bent.
She means her reputation for telling people to go to hell. Her reputation of playing God.

Sacramento, CA

#214296 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
We are sorry that you are offended, but now we are sure after checking the listing that you are referring to #214187 that I did not write that post and someone is tampering with my name and using my name to put me down as a tramp. This is not me and my husband is very upset that someone is using my name. I went back several days and have noticed it now and cannot believe that someone would do that. I would never even have looked this up until you brought this to our attention. I would not believe that someone could do this and this is not acceptable at all, for the forum will not know what I am saying if it is not me. We live very strict lives since we were first married 55 years ago. We are never apart and we take full time care of our adult daughter that has a disability. I have only mentioned one thing that I regret that I did when I was younger and I did some gambling of which I stopped cold turkey and never went back. I could see how dangerous it is and you never win, so I stopped. I would never say something like being a drunk, drugger or prostitute ever, for that is not the life that I live and very far from it. I have plenty of witnesses of how I live as my children, my neighbors, friends over 55 years and my husband is my best witness of my charactor. My family and friends and especially my husband does not want me on this forum as a Christian, for they say it is not for me and I am seeing the damage that someone can do to somebody and now agreeing with them that this is not for me and it could very well be that somebody out there wants me off and they are doing this to me to get me to leave. My husband is going to look into who is guilty of using my name on this forum and will get to the bottom of this ASAP. He will not allow someone to bring me down to a level of being a tramp. We have not contacted topix yet about these comments, but perhaps topix can find the person by checking emails. The person who is adding words also in some of my texts. They either add a word or two or they leave something out that I am saying. I am sure that topix has all the posts on file. I contacted them when I first started about some things that I was not sure about, but they explained what I was concerned about at the time. I hope and pray that people on this forum will think what they are doing, for giving opinions, or writing Scripture about what you feel that God would have you say, should not give them a right to try and ruin one's life to get rid of people. I was only addressing you because your name was above something that you thought I quoted and now we know that it is someone using my name.
Easy solution: Register. Next!

Sacramento, CA

#214297 Sep 4, 2013
Kats Stevens wrote:
Kats Stevens once said, get off my foot.
then he became a muslim.

Sacramento, CA

#214298 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband is going to look into who is guilty of using my name on this forum and will get to the bottom of this ASAP.
is that your name? Thought it was suzannne? Unless you are a public figure and use that name/character for your career, topix might tell you the same thing you have been telling others here. Is your husband really that bored? Do you mean AARP?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214299 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
There are others here (both gay and straight, supportive and unsupportive of SSM) who don't believe in Jesus. I've never slammed them for their beliefs. It's not my place.
If they read what I write and are moved to look into Christianity, then that's up to them.
Stop trying stir things up just because you're bored.
Yeah yeah. I know. Gay believer GOOD. Straight believer BAD!

Sacramento, CA

#214301 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>Suzanne, IF being gay is a sin, it is not THE worst sin out there. It didn't make it into the "Ten Commandments". And out of every law and verse you can find in the Books of the Bible it is mentioned only a few times.
You and others have become fixated on this issue. And in doing so, you harm society--God's creation.
Consider what I'm telling you. Do you think that putting people's lives at risk and pushing them away from God is worth the continued posts you leave here?
I agree, she is driving people away, she reminds me of those street preachers telling people they are going to hell. I have taken time to observe a few of those people and never ever witnessed a single person get on their knees and repent and saved from the fire. Some will say that maybe later when they got home they did, but I doubt it. As a Christian, it makes me ashamed seeing that behavior. Telling people that God loves them brings them closer, not the opposite. Telling gays that the Church welcomes them, loves them and won't judge them brings them closer, not the opposite.
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214302 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
I want to talk to you seriously. So many gay youth (and adults) suffer from HORRIBLE guilt when they repeatedly go to God to change their orientation, but are unsuccessful.
Others involve themselves in sham, unloving marriages; all in order to try to keep what they believe is God's word.
When they fail--and 9 times out of 10 they do fail--it devastates them. It destroys their lives and the lives of their wives or husbands and children.
Also, when they fail at trying to live a life that YOU come on here and try to get them to live, they turn their anger inward. They become seriously depressed--sometimes suicidal. Some attempt to kill themselves and others DO kill themselves. Others turn to alcohol and/or drugs to numb the horrible pain they experience.
When you come here and spread your "message" you are contributing to the pain and undoing of these people.
You think that you're helping. But what you are really doing is harming people with what you believe is God's mandate for others.
I don't believe that God ever wanted His word to be used in this manner. You don't use God to push people over the edge, Suzanne.
You have asked, "Could you perform homosexual acts in front of Christ?" Let me ask you, "Could you look into the face of the parents of a 13 year old who killed himself after reading your repeated posts about how he is going to burn in hell for eternity because he can't change an aspect of his characteristic?"
If I came to you today and insisted that you had to become a lesbian could you change yourself? That's what you're asking people to do.
A person's sexual orientation--the gender that they are attracted to--is hardwired. You're born with it. Ask any gay person and they will tell you that they knew from an extremely early age that they were attracted to people of the same gender.
It's already difficult enough to be gay without people such as yourself always trying to scare us into changing something that is unchangeable.
You do more damage than good. You push people further away from God. When they believe that God doesn't care about them--that He will cast them into eternal hell for who they are--you push them away from Him.
Suzanne, IF being gay is a sin, it is not THE worst sin out there. It didn't make it into the "Ten Commandments". And out of every law and verse you can find in the Books of the Bible it is mentioned only a few times.
You're pickin' trade up on the street like that. That's nowhere. I mean, you gotta get yourself some kind of management. You need my friend O'Daniel. He operates the biggest stable in town, in fact, in the whole god-damned Metropolitan area. It's stupid a stud like you paying. You don't want to be stupid.
SameoldStuff

Rock Island, IL

#214304 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
debsuelyn
Sacramento, CA
Reply ยป
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
14 hrs ago Judged:

I gave up alcohol, drugs and prostitution over 5 years ago when I discovered Christ. I know first hand what it is to be a reborn Christian and embrace His power and glory. Gays need to do the same.

WTF you where hooking in your 60' and 70's
Dang dats nasty
SameoldStuff

Rock Island, IL

#214305 Sep 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>then he became a muslim.
Whats wrong with that????
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#214308 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. You're very fortunate to find a mate who could put up with your Bible thumping judgemental self for more than a weekend let alone 55 plus years.
As far as you bringing into your daughter in here it's a sad effort of thinking you can bring any justification to your judgemental rants on others with the idea of bringing pity to yourself through her. That's just pathetic on your behalf.
You talk about judging, but don't you see that it is what you are doing? It is OK because I will not hold that against you, but most of the forum does the same thing, so you are not alone. It just so happens that we have been studying for over 50 years and my husband knows more about Scripture than I do. He also is a Home Bible Leader and we have been doing this together for most of our marriage. We also had a Christian Fellowship for 10 years with no money involved because we believe that we should serve God freely. As far as my daughter, I do not need any pity for she is the angel of my life. You would never find a better person than her. I only brought that up because I have been questioned about my Christian faith and being called names of which is not me at all, for we are as faithful to our Faith as we possibly can be with what God has revealed to us. This is one reason we take care of her because of our deep love for her and this is what God would have us do. I was only trying to protect my reputation of which I believe the site is #214187 and that comment was not written by me. Also, I found out that there are people out there that are doing this to others, so if I were you, I would go back to anything that you wrote so far and check on it. They only may be doing this because of my Faith in Christ and they cannot handle someone that quotes Scripture. This is not acceptable at all to use someone else's name and my husband is going to find out who is doing this to me for he is my covering to protect me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halton MPP's role as associate minister no long... Jun 22 no surprize 1
News Mark Landon to Receive National Leadership Awar... Jun 21 Fuzzy Dicky 3
News Arrowhead water case may hinge on technicality Jun 19 Art 1
News ARCH thrilled with funding increase (2 photos)G... Jun 16 Thomas 1
News Director Risk, Regulation and Audit Jun 16 Thomas 1
News Wynne sets her sights long term; experts call i... Jun 13 no Wynne situation 1
News New Metrolink line through Riverside, Perris a ... Jun 5 Metrolink PVL 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverside Mortgages