Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200795 Jul 7, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>fluck I say make animal marriage legal... at least then your marriage to your big foot sisterwife will be recognized
Nice, you must use a pony in your magic act.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200796 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>whatever stupid.... I don't care who marries who... if they are of legal consentuasl age who the fluck cares
Why bother keeping it legal at all then?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200797 Jul 7, 2013
wow i'm so full of smarts... killing off christains is freaking simple
Must be that third grade edumacation u have.
151 maps

Covina, CA

#200798 Jul 7, 2013
New Los Angeles 'health atlas' shows alarming disparities between neighborhoods, there are 151 separate maps.

When will other cities publish their own?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200799 Jul 7, 2013
you the chriSTAIN is a flawed scumbag of a human....
Oh and atheists are just full of virtue. Uhhhhh....huh
they lack any ability to think for themselves instead neading a preacher to spoon feed them.
Must be those universities that those pesky Christians, especially those annoying Catholics run, that peeves that. If only the Vatican would close down that observatory, but how else are they going to search the heavens for your home planet.
.. there so flucked up inside that they need a mythical imaginary friend to keep them sain.... which is why the romans fed there dumbazzes to the lions
That mythical friend....the one mentioned on all those dollar bills stuffed into your g string, or is it keeping your bra stuffed?
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#200814 Jul 8, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
I believe nobody should be forced to do anything. People must choose for themselves how they live. I believe people should respect each other and let them be. I believe the world would be a better place if people love, rather than lashing out. What point is there in spending one's life proving others wrong? That is a waste of a life.
One of the problems is that the people of California voted for prop 8 twice and now the government is taking over and telling us that they are going to do what they want to do. They are forgetting that "WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE GOVERNMENT" and they are going against us. It seems to me that it is unconstitutional to force Californians to ban prop 8 because they say so. They should take another vote today and see what Californians want today. As a Christan who does not claim to be religious, but a follower of Jesus Christ on a daily basis, I feel that because God is the Creator and Designer of Marriage that we should keep it the way it is and that is a man and woman make up a marriage. God destroyed many people in the past because of turning away from Him and he will destroy again and I sincerely believe that it will be the last time around. I quote from an Scripture that has alot of meaning to Jews and Christians and that is in the Book of II Chronicles Chapter 2 verse 14 and I quote: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#200818 Jul 8, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems is that the people of California voted for prop 8 twice and now the government is taking over and telling us that they are going to do what they want to do. They are forgetting that "WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE GOVERNMENT" and they are going against us. It seems to me that it is unconstitutional to force Californians to ban prop 8 because they say so. They should take another vote today and see what Californians want today........
So, you believe that any majority of Americans should always be able to vote away the basic civil and human rights from any minority, for no reasons other than religious belief and animus?

And that the disenfranchised minority should never be able to redress the grievance in court?

You want to completely remove the ability of the courts to address the constitutionality of any law?

Why bother to live in this country, if you don't like the systems of checks and balances our Founding Fathers created?

Location hidden

#200819 Jul 8, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
........ I feel that because God is the Creator and Designer of Marriage that we should keep it the way it is and that is a man and woman make up a marriage. God destroyed many people in the past because of turning away from Him and he will destroy again and I sincerely believe that it will be the last time around.....
So, basically, you want to be able to force your personal religious interpretations on other Americans and other churches, that do not share them.

I see.

And be sensible, if God wants to stop Gay people from forming families, all He has to do is stop creating them, stop sending them beloved soul-mates and beautiful children, and stop blessing their families.

And He has not chosen to do that. Quite the opposite.

He doesn't need you to be making the decisions for Him.

Location hidden

#200821 Jul 8, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're laying on .....
If you have to change someone's name in their own post to create your childish responses, then you are already lost the argument.

You poor thing.
laughing man

Luton, UK

#200822 Jul 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to change someone's name in their own post to create your childish responses, then you are already lost the argument.
You poor thing.
I don't have dialogs and debates with pious Regressive shitstains. My sole purpose has always been to mock and ridicule them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GOP dunderheads

Covina, CA

#200823 Jul 8, 2013
GOP lawmaker wants to ban rainbow flags from flying over public spaces, sorry losers an company I more like it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200824 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, you must use a pony in your magic act.
It's a donkey.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200825 Jul 8, 2013
GOP dunderheads wrote:
GOP lawmaker wants to ban rainbow flags from flying over public spaces, sorry losers an company I more like it.
What?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200826 Jul 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, you want to be able to force your personal religious interpretations on other Americans and other churches, that do not share them.
I see.
And be sensible, if God wants to stop Gay people from forming families, all He has to do is stop creating them, stop sending them beloved soul-mates and beautiful children, and stop blessing their families.
Sure that's it fruitloops. Try to relax.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200827 Jul 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that any majority of Americans should always be able to vote away the basic civil and human rights from any minority, for no reasons other than religious belief and animus?
No civil right was voted away, rather a civil right that ALL Californians have, was simply codify with a few simple words.

"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California"
And that the disenfranchised minority should never be able to redress the grievance in court?
ALL Americans have that right.
You want to completely remove the ability of the courts to address the constitutionality of any law?
Why bother to live in this country, if you don't like the systems of checks and balances our Founding Fathers created?
Who protects the will of the majority to have their votes counted? The issue was simple. Californians voted on a definition of marriage, not only as old as the republic, but one that all Americans, both men and women, had understood since then.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200832 Jul 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
No religious view is "forced" on anyone. If you're that concerned, petition the government to remove "In God We Trust" off our currency, and have Christmas removed from the list of federal holidays.
Gay people, can, and do, form families without the state. At least they can do so with out being subject to criminal sanction, unlike some folks in Utah.
Nor the state.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200837 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there's a few of them. One night, I was up to 21, or so, of the usual Lucky Charms....
Ol' Lucky the Leprechaun would've been jealous...
Old SniffButts Billy is the champ with Jizzy close behind. When both of those silly jackasses are rigging the judge-its at the same time they pile up quickly, like you say 20 or more. Good if you're gay, bad if you're straight. Except for their own posts, which they rate good even though they are straight. wink wink.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200838 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OOoohhh....She has tricks, all right...
She'll pull 2 bunnies out of her ass, identify the gay one, give it a carrot, identify the Christian one, pull out a gallon of petrol, and a Zippo, and you can guess the "happy ending" for the unfortunate one ...
LMAO!
Score Board

Covina, CA

#200839 Jul 8, 2013
Complaints are still coming in about idiots posting nonsense about topics that have been decided by the US Supreme Court.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200840 Jul 8, 2013
Score Board wrote:
Complaints are still coming in about idiots posting nonsense about topics that have been decided by the US Supreme Court.
Says the spun out post monkey from Azusa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After Importing Thousands Of Refugees, Canadian... Sep 14 THE TRUTH 45
News 5 Southern California motorcycle rides you shou... Sep 11 Stephany McDowell 1
News Is Michigan thirsty for our green juice? And is... Sep 9 Mayflower 1
News Mayors must stop water diversion Aug 31 Queen 3
News Province Makes Infrastructure Announcements Aug '16 Babylon burning 1
News Meridian to create a new national bank Aug '16 Del 1
News Study reveals ethnic differences in mental illn... Aug '16 narcissistic parents 1

Riverside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverside Mortgages