Accused baby shaker indicted, pleads ...

Accused baby shaker indicted, pleads not guilty

There are 96 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Accused baby shaker indicted, pleads not guilty. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Mastic man pleaded not guilty Monday to violently shaking and kicking his nearly 3-month-old baby, as prosecutors described new details of the crime in Suffolk County Court in Riverhead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Andrea in Ohio

Evans City, PA

#90 Jul 17, 2007
This man, if you can call him that, should get a lot more punishment than what he's getting. You just do not ever do those things to another human being especially your own baby. I don't see that it matters that his family was in court, they all have problems if they are ok with what he has done. I feel so bad for the wife and baby.
mom of 4

Beacon, NY

#91 Jul 17, 2007
A post from the babies myspace page that her mommy set up for her to update everyone. I think we should all do what we can for this little girl!

This is from Evelynn's mommy:

Please everyone write to this judge James Hudson. This guy needs to know the reality of what is happening in the world. My daughter was INNOCENT. All she wanted to do was eat!!!!!!!!!! In joshua's words he told the DA "I was pissed off and kicked her in the head FIVE times" NOT ONCE NOT TWICE BUT FIVE TIMES MY DAUGHTER TOOK KICKS TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!! The cohen's must be so proud of Joshua for almost killing Evelynn who was just 10 weeks old. REAL PROUD ARENT YOU??? 14 of his family members attended the arraignment telling the court that Evelynn is doing well and Joshua is a family oriented guy. So family oriented that he almost KILLED his daughter. And as for Evelynn my baby girl hasnt been able to see me in THREE WEEKS AND A DAY!!!!!!! Please everyone i need you for this.

HON. JAMES C. HUDSON
Acting Supreme Court Justice
Secretary: Kathleen Rignola
Law Clerk: Bernard Cheng
Chambers: Arthur M. Cromarty Court Complex
210 Center Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Evelynns Grandfather

AOL

#92 Jul 17, 2007
Let Josh Hang!!! He , his family and his lawyers are all MONSTERS for downplaying what he did to that poor baby and for downplaying what condition that poor baby is in. That sicko mother of that bastard has not seen that baby since she was on life support in the hospital. She has NO CLUE what condition that poor baby is in. Fact is Evelynn will NEVER live a "normal" life. How those people can look in the mirror and live with there words and actions tells me what kind of people they truly are.....MONSTERS!!!
just my opinion

AOL

#93 Jul 17, 2007
Evelynns Grandfather wrote:
Let Josh Hang!!! He , his family and his lawyers are all MONSTERS for downplaying what he did to that poor baby and for downplaying what condition that poor baby is in. That sicko mother of that bastard has not seen that baby since she was on life support in the hospital. She has NO CLUE what condition that poor baby is in. Fact is Evelynn will NEVER live a "normal" life. How those people can look in the mirror and live with there words and actions tells me what kind of people they truly are.....MONSTERS!!!
I agree w/ you , they sound like a bunch of sick animals/monsters !! May they all rot in hell for hurting that baby.
Proud to be Evelynns Mom

Paterson, NJ

#94 Jul 17, 2007
Selma wrote:
Maybe the kid was annoying. Some kids are a real drag to be around.
Your a monster just like him. My baby was a calm and patient girl. She never fussed to much. ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS FEED HER!!!!!!!!!!
Proud to be Evelynns Mom

Paterson, NJ

#95 Jul 17, 2007
mook wrote:
He made a horrible, horrible decision that will live with him forever. I'm sure he's sorry now and wishes he never did it. He'll pay the price for this in every way and so will those people who love him, unfortunately. I don't think anyone here should pass judgement on him....unless they sit on the jury. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone".
My daughter is suffering for the rest of her life because of what he did. I believe I have the RIGHT to judge him for what he did. As does every other mother.
Proud to be Evelynns Mom

Paterson, NJ

#96 Jul 17, 2007
Observer wrote:
NOW 14 members of his "very strong family" come forward? Where were they before he "lost" it? That's when this young couple needed help, not now. This is the result of too many teenagers having children they are not capable or prepared to take care of. these relatives should be hanging their heads in shame!
I am very capable of taking care of my daughter. Im a strong, good, young mom. I was alays confident in being a mother even at 16 years old. it was not in my hands that she was hurt. It was with my strenght she was saved. Do not judge me.
Proud to be Evelynns Mom

Paterson, NJ

#97 Jul 17, 2007
upstate bob wrote:
What a piece of crap this punk is,where was the childs mother?
I was at work making a living instead of mooching ty very much.
Proud to be Evelynns Mom

Paterson, NJ

#98 Jul 17, 2007
faust wrote:
<quoted text>
So she was 15 when she got knocked up.
Now us taxpayers will have to foot the bill. just great
I work thank you very much. Your taxes pay for nothing. Dont you dare judge me. i work very hard for my baby and I.
Newyorker4ya

AOL

#99 Jul 17, 2007
He should rot in jail!!!!! He shouldn't be let out. He almost killed and innocent baby that couldn't defend herself..
ROT IN PRISON YOU BASTARD!!!!!
Oh Boy

Troy, NY

#100 Jul 18, 2007
You can't unfairly influence the trial. If the judge is a good judge and stands by the ethical principles he swore to uphold. He won't read even one of those letters.

Sorry.

I understand the sentiment, but I also strongly believe in letting the the justice system run in as fair and ethical a manner, and trying to influence the judge instead of letting the evidence be presented and the jury decide, is not the way to go.
mom of 4 wrote:
A post from the babies myspace page that her mommy set up for her to update everyone. I think we should all do what we can for this little girl!
This is from Evelynn's mommy:
Please everyone write to this judge James Hudson. This guy needs to know the reality of what is happening in the world. My daughter was INNOCENT. All she wanted to do was eat!!!!!!!!!! In joshua's words he told the DA "I was pissed off and kicked her in the head FIVE times" NOT ONCE NOT TWICE BUT FIVE TIMES MY DAUGHTER TOOK KICKS TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!! The cohen's must be so proud of Joshua for almost killing Evelynn who was just 10 weeks old. REAL PROUD ARENT YOU??? 14 of his family members attended the arraignment telling the court that Evelynn is doing well and Joshua is a family oriented guy. So family oriented that he almost KILLED his daughter. And as for Evelynn my baby girl hasnt been able to see me in THREE WEEKS AND A DAY!!!!!!! Please everyone i need you for this.
HON. JAMES C. HUDSON
Acting Supreme Court Justice
Secretary: Kathleen Rignola
Law Clerk: Bernard Cheng
Chambers: Arthur M. Cromarty Court Complex
210 Center Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Deerslayer

Albany, NY

#101 Jul 18, 2007
Oh Boy wrote:
You can't unfairly influence the trial. If the judge is a good judge and stands by the ethical principles he swore to uphold. He won't read even one of those letters.
Sorry.
I understand the sentiment, but I also strongly believe in letting the the justice system run in as fair and ethical a manner, and trying to influence the judge instead of letting the evidence be presented and the jury decide, is not the way to go.
<quoted text>
Not to worry, there is overwhelming evidence, this guy's going to need a new an*s pretty soon.
Wake Up

Brooklyn, NY

#102 Jul 18, 2007
Oh Boy wrote:
Sorry.
<quoted text>
You are right, but I think the evidence speaks for itself so either way he will (or should) get his due punishment (which probably won't be nearly enough for the likes of normal people).
melissa

Mahwah, NJ

#103 Jul 19, 2007
Selma wrote:
Maybe the kid was annoying. Some kids are a real drag to be around.
Hummm.... maybe your right!

P.S. Your a F**KING A**HOLE
EVELYNNS GRANDMA

Paterson, NJ

#104 Sep 12, 2007
faust wrote:
<quoted text>
So she was 15 when she got knocked up.
Now us taxpayers will have to foot the bill. just great
.hey, you ignorant asshole!my daughter & grandaughter do not milk the "system" like most people would!i take care of my family.evelynn does not receive any services payed for by the state.evelynn is under my insurance & her bills are payed for through them.why dont you go crawl back into whatever hole you came out of because you obviously have no clue to reality!
Arnolds Baby

New York, NY

#106 May 21, 2011
A Mastic man pleaded not guilty Monday to violently shaking and kicking his nearly 3-month-old baby. His excuse, they all do it, plus I was cracked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Animal cruelty charge for Manorville woman (Dec '10) May 17 JPJP 12
Very rude Boy Scouts May 14 the Ace of Spades 9
News Massena PD Public Record May 14 the Ace of Spades 2
Stop the lies about Manorville (Apr '11) May 7 Beach Man 8
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) May 5 Melanie 402
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) May 1 piercingeyes7 168
News Lawsuit: Quogue residents fear cops (Jul '07) May 1 Quioguer 27
More from around the web

Riverhead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE