Riverhead Fire Dept. bans alcohol at firehouses

Full story: Newsday 33
The Riverhead Fire Department has gone dry. The department's commissioners banned alcohol from their firehouses following what police say was a drunken driving accident last month in which a Fire Department ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GILBERT PABST

Baldwin, NY

#21 Apr 7, 2008
Jim wrote:
What is this world coming to when a firefighter can't throw down a few beers at his station before going out drunk to fight fires?
Voll are looser drunks who have FAT & UGLY wifes with misrable looser kids thats why they would rater be at the firehouse volll spare time instead of being with FATSO

“Beam me up Scotty!”

Since: Nov 07

Allentown, Pa.

#24 Apr 7, 2008
GILBERT PABST wrote:
<quoted text>Like the guys said FDNY was at 9/11 and the LI Voll were at 7/11 getting drung and watching it on there big 50 plazma TV in the voll house getting drunk
You area total idiot, Please do yourself a favor, dont every need emergency care, don't ever get in a car wreck and are trapped in the car. And please dont ever be trapped in your house while it is burning because according to you, all the long Island first responders will be drunk! what a total idiot you are

“Beam me up Scotty!”

Allentown, Pa.

#25 Apr 7, 2008
BIG BAD SAM wrote:
I never seen a LI volly with a good looking decent chick, that is because the LI vollys are a looser club... I would save alot of money and make all the knights of columbus firehouses. tell me thats not a great idea
I just figured out what your problem is, You were wondering where your girl was evey night so you finally followed her and found her on her knees at the firehouse with a line of guys waiting their turn. No wonder you hate them
Your Mother

Clifton, NJ

#26 Apr 7, 2008
GILBERT PABST wrote:
<quoted text> Voll are looser drunks who have FAT & UGLY wifes with misrable looser kids thats why they would rater be at the firehouse volll spare time instead of being with FATSO
Don't be so angry. I know you havent had a woman in your life. Even the guys you sleep with are ugly but your father and I are still proud of you. You are still the best dancer at the Blue Oyster. Just because these guys din't want your hairy @ss doesnt make them bad people. You always prefered the way cops used their nightstick and cuffs on you anyway,

“Beam me up Scotty!”

Allentown, Pa.

#29 Apr 8, 2008
GILBERT PABST wrote:
VOLLYS HAVE THE FATTEST UGLEST WIFES THATS WHY THEY ARE VOLLYS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. THERE KIDS ARE LOOSERS WHO STILL LIVE AT HOME AT 30 YEARS OLD.
Wow, you never have anything new to say. Just keep repeating yourself. Try real hard to think of something new the next time. I know its hard for you but try. I mean all your comments so far are so witty and insightfull we just can't wait for you to say something else. Don't blow a fuse now, but go and think of something!
GILBERT PABST

Baldwin, NY

#30 Apr 11, 2008
GILBERT PABST wrote:
VOLLYS HAVE THE FATTEST UGLEST WIFES THATS WHY THEY ARE VOLLYS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. THERE KIDS ARE LOOSERS WHO STILL LIVE AT HOME AT 30 YEARS OLD.
how true, how true, how true, how true. thanks god for free speach.
Fan of Gilbert NOT

United States

#31 Apr 11, 2008
Just read all the blogs from bellmore. its obvious that Gilbert (and all his other names) has nothing better to do.
no one

Lusby, MD

#34 Jan 24, 2009
Robert wrote:
Volunteer fire departments - all managed by idiots, plain and simple. No brains, no logic, no nothing. A bunch of idiots playing games. Get rid of them all and get real professionals in there.
yea i bet your a real one to talk i am a volunteer firefighter/EMT and i bet you did some dumb ass shit when u were younger
lawful

West Babylon, NY

#35 Jan 24, 2009
Pikepole5 wrote:
I put in over 40 years as a volunteer fireman with my towns' fire department in Suffolk County, Long Island, I miss every second of the activities and brotherhood of these years,now retired in Florida I wish I could afford to return to Long Island and yes we had more beer in the firehouse then we had water. There are 110 Vol. fire depts. in Suffolk County and each one has a firemans' room ( party room )one more beautiful then the other, I know ...I have been to almost every firehouse in Suffolk County over my years of service due to the fact that I was a member of five fire dept. organizations that had meeting in the various houses through out the year......Great brothers, great food and yes great drinks served.....In my opinion if you take out the beer and great time parties many would leave.........There are over 4000 Vol. fireman in Suffolk County, and each one knows his/her job when called upon to fight fire and perform rescue duties......
Incredible. Let's get firefighters who are there to fight fires, not to drink and party.
vol firemans creed

Bridgeport, CT

#36 Jan 24, 2009
"SAVE THE FOUNDATION"
Former Vollie

Placentia, CA

#37 Mar 7, 2010
You fools just don't get it. If it were not for the vounteer fireman your taxes would be even more insane than they are, and your services would be shit. What are you so jealous of, the fact that you didn't have the balls to volunteer yourself. Drill teams are a recruitment tool just like the Blue Angels you moron. Try this one. "I volunteer to fight what you fear". Go research how many FDNY volunteer in their own communities. Don't post again you idiot, you just look stupid.
john

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Mar 9, 2010
stop picking on the fire department. they work for free.they aer adults, if they want to drink let them
Sherlock

Sebastian, FL

#39 Mar 9, 2010
As a longtime resident of LI who left for greener and less expensive pastures I thought I might weigh in. While I had no desire to be a VF many of my friends did and were.There is a bit of truth in most posts I have read.They're not all saints and they're not all total boozehound losers.There's a mixture of a few saints a few losers and mostly regular guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Feb 25 JAYTHEMAN 383
Wanted & Hiding in E Moriches (Apr '10) Feb 15 Aym3n 18
Waldbaum's in Center Moriches ordered closed by... Feb 5 Jmc36 2
Where is Dr. Brook? (Jul '09) Feb 5 Robert 21
Doctor's wife charged with forging prescriptions (Feb '08) Jan '15 pvm i 82
Review: Davis Peach Farm (Aug '14) Jan '15 joeshmoe 3
Nesconset man sentenced in slaying of Smithtown... (Jun '08) Jan '15 Anon 15

Riverhead News Video

Riverhead Dating
Find my Match