Man pleads not guilty to assaulting infant

Full story: Newsday 66
It wasn't until after Joshua Cohen elbowed his crying 3-month-old daughter off a bed, listened as she clanked against the bed's metal frame, kicked her five times on the floor and then violently shook her for ... Full Story
cats5

Harker Heights, TX

#21 Jul 17, 2007
I don't see how the baby is doing well now. How can she? She has damages that will be with her, her whole life. I am talking about eyes and they don't know what damaged has been done to her brain. So-----give me a break. The bail is not high enough, and I can't believe his family not looking at what he did to a member of their family.
Bimbo Island

Trumbull, CT

#22 Jul 17, 2007
Something is not right in Biondo household. The dept of children services should keep a close watch on that situation.
Donna

Fairmont, WV

#23 Jul 17, 2007
In my eyes he should serve life in prison,this poor baby will never have a normal life, because he was mad over her crying for food.Or someone should do to him as he did to the baby,its people like him that need to be put away for LIFE.I just hope and pray this baby will beable to live a unpainful life.I BEG THE COURTS PUT HIM AWAY FOR attemted murder,thats what he was trying to do,if you think of it,its hard to believe the baby lived after being kicked so many times and shock so hard.WHAT if it was YOUR CHILD????? GOD BLESS THIS BABY AND MOMMY.
Rasheed Al-Kahleel

Kuwait

#24 Jul 17, 2007
Cut off his head.
dawn

United States

#25 Jul 17, 2007
he deserves to die.
Mommyof2

West Yarmouth, MA

#26 Jul 17, 2007
Do these people even think of what they say before they say it? I think his bail they claim to be "egregiously excessive"..is good enough..He may not have killed Evelynn but what he did to her could have but she is a fighter!!! Why would anyone let that monster out into the public..look what he did to his own baby..
Angie M

United States

#27 Jul 17, 2007
Where was his family support when this happend? A poor innocent child is facing a life of many challenges if she survives? Max the sentence and for 14 family members ask yourself why you wern't helping a new young father care for this beautifull baby! Thats what family is really about!
islandbliss

Richardson, TX

#28 Jul 17, 2007
this man should be put away for life for what he did to his daughter!!!! He should have to pay for his crime with his own life!!!! since he decided to hurt an innocent childs!just because she was crying was no reason to harm her!!!!!
Cristin_S

Constableville, NY

#29 Jul 17, 2007
"very, very strong family base," That is the most absurd thing I think I have ever read...This man ELBOWED his BABY and KICKED her in the head. What kind of family base is that? Obviously he doesn't seem to think that his 3 week old baby is family or something. This man shouldn't even have a bail in my opinion! Shaking a baby on it's own should be life in prison. The amount of damage that is caused just from 3 seconds can be irreversible, let alone for 30 seconds! I honestly can't think of ANY reason why Joshua Cohen should be let out of jail for any amount of money!
you should pay

Newton Highlands, MA

#30 Jul 17, 2007
he should get 25 it's the least he can do he hurt that poor baby girl that he was suppose to love go to hell you bastard and take your family tjo
you should pay

Newton Highlands, MA

#31 Jul 17, 2007
go to hell joshua you were suppose to care and love your baby you sick thing
Tracey

West Hempstead, NY

#32 Jul 17, 2007
This whole story is disgusting. He should rot in jail from now until eternity for hurting such an innocent child that knew nothing of what was going on or why that was being done to her. I think his bail should stick regardless. The judge should use him as an example to other people that think hurting your baby is okay. Well guess what "IT'S NOT" No matter how you look at it it's child abuse and if he did it once whats to say he won't do it again.
Tracey

West Hempstead, NY

#33 Jul 17, 2007
Rasheed Al-Kahleel wrote:
Cut off his head.
I say castrate him too!
Mommy of angels

Hesperia, CA

#34 Jul 17, 2007
I think he needs to be put away. Evelynn didn't do anything to him before he beat her nearly to death. What would he have done if he had killed her? Almost killing a baby is just the same as killing her. Evelynn will never be the same. For God sake, she can't see her mommy or grandma. And God only knows what the extent of the damage. This judge needs to put his foot down. Yeah put it down and smash Joshua's head. Put him AWAY and lets hope he never has anymore kids, EVER!
Chrissy

Las Vegas, NV

#35 Jul 17, 2007
This Man desirves a much longer sentence than he will ever see. I only hope that the judge makes a example of him and put him away for the full 25 years. Someone who can do this to an innocent child could do much worse to someone else. He is a danger to everyone if he is out. he should be held without bail. He shouldnt see the free world unshackeld for at least 100 years but we wont get that so lets settle for 25 years plus araignment time. If you agree say respond! If not your nutts!
Chrissy

Las Vegas, NV

#36 Jul 17, 2007
I agree!!!!!!!!!!
Cristin_S wrote:
"very, very strong family base," That is the most absurd thing I think I have ever read...This man ELBOWED his BABY and KICKED her in the head. What kind of family base is that? Obviously he doesn't seem to think that his 3 week old baby is family or something. This man shouldn't even have a bail in my opinion! Shaking a baby on it's own should be life in prison. The amount of damage that is caused just from 3 seconds can be irreversible, let alone for 30 seconds! I honestly can't think of ANY reason why Joshua Cohen should be let out of jail for any amount of money!
Chrissy

Las Vegas, NV

#38 Jul 17, 2007
An eye for and eye! Whos with me????
Donna wrote:
In my eyes he should serve life in prison,this poor baby will never have a normal life, because he was mad over her crying for food.Or someone should do to him as he did to the baby,its people like him that need to be put away for LIFE.I just hope and pray this baby will beable to live a unpainful life.I BEG THE COURTS PUT HIM AWAY FOR attemted murder,thats what he was trying to do,if you think of it,its hard to believe the baby lived after being kicked so many times and shock so hard.WHAT if it was YOUR CHILD????? GOD BLESS THIS BABY AND MOMMY.
Britney

Canada

#40 Jul 17, 2007
Lock his ass up. What he did to his daughter is disgusting.
misty

Glen Burnie, MD

#41 Jul 17, 2007
HE NEEDS TO BE PUT BEHIND BARS FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
JESSICA

United States

#42 Jul 17, 2007
dont let that no good dad out keep that bastered in there he needs to get the death pently for what he did to a baby who had no chance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Tue Lou 336
Stop the lies about Manorville (Apr '11) Dec 18 Sunshineretrednow 6
Driving wile black phone app Dec 12 You Tuber 3
Teen sentenced in murder of Thomas Herzberg - (Oct '07) Dec 9 sachem resident 161
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) Nov '14 Slaus 163
Medford mom's fight for son continues (May '07) Sep '14 jandsagg 25
Police halt road rage battle in Cutchogue (Jan '08) Sep '14 Bobby fox 22

Riverhead News Video

Riverhead Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverhead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverhead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverhead

Personal Finance