Man pleads not guilty to assaulting infant

Full story: Newsday 66
It wasn't until after Joshua Cohen elbowed his crying 3-month-old daughter off a bed, listened as she clanked against the bed's metal frame, kicked her five times on the floor and then violently shook her for ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lisa-Centereach

Emerson, NJ

#1 Jul 17, 2007
EXCUSE ME..??? Egregiously Excessive?? Is Kronenberg out of his mind? Cohen should NOT be released on bail or bond. He should be held pending trial and with the hopes that the investigation was complete and accurate, be sent to prison for the rest of his life...It would be an ergeious error of the justice system if he were found guilty and not sentenced to a life term.
Heather

Bronx, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2007
Rot in jail you scumbag. I hope your an-us sustains the amount of damage that you have caused. Say hi to bubba!
Monica

Milton Freewater, OR

#3 Jul 17, 2007
25 years MAX??? And Evelynn has to serve a life sentence? Oh well ain't that justice? And realitives or not, I cannot believe that 14 people would defend that terrible terrible monster.
mom of 4

Beacon, NY

#4 Jul 17, 2007
This is from a bulliten from the myspace page that Alicia set up for Evelynn. I think we all need to write to this judge. There is NO WAY this guy should get any less then the max sentence. That poor baby will have to deal with problems for the rest of her life.
This is from Evelynn's mommy:
Please everyone write to this judge James Hudson. This guy needs to know the reality of what is happening in the world. My daughter was INNOCENT. All she wanted to do was eat!!!!!!!!!! In joshua's words he told the DA "I was pissed off and kicked her in the head FIVE times" NOT ONCE NOT TWICE BUT FIVE TIMES MY DAUGHTER TOOK KICKS TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!! The cohen's must be so proud of Joshua for almost killing Evelynn who was just 10 weeks old. REAL PROUD ARENT YOU??? 14 of his family members attended the arraignment telling the court that Evelynn is doing well and Joshua is a family oriented guy. So family oriented that he almost KILLED his daughter. And as for Evelynn my baby girl hasnt been able to see me in THREE WEEKS AND A DAY!!!!!!! Please everyone i need you for this.
HON. JAMES C. HUDSON
Acting Supreme Court Justice
Secretary: Kathleen Rignola
Law Clerk: Bernard Cheng
Chambers: Arthur M. Cromarty Court Complex
210 Center Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Monica from Madera ca

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2007
I think this is sad for the baby and justice should be served!
Lindsay

Clemmons, NC

#6 Jul 17, 2007
i feel that he desires that much time in jail for hurting that innocent baby girl and people that do that shit desire time in jail but most of them just get let go and it is pretty sad that happens and people have to be sick to hurt their babies and kids
Jackie

Mishawaka, IN

#7 Jul 17, 2007
He argued that Cohen has no criminal record and that he has a "very, very strong family base," taking note of his 14 relatives who attended the hearing.
??????????
He kicked this baby and shook her violently, she suffers daily missing our on the things the a baby not abused would be enjoying.. And he is asking for a bail reduction??
He so does NOT deserve to be out on bond.. I understand he is young, was probably stressed etc.. but there is NO excuse what so ever for what he did to that baby!! His own flesh and blood!!!!!!!!
May he rot in prison for what he has done to that innocent little angel!!!!!
Lauren From MAss

Worcester, MA

#8 Jul 17, 2007
I hope he gets anally raped repeatedly in jail for abusing an innocent child. He should face life in prison not a max of 25 years...Evelyn will have a life of problems due to her fathers abuse...rot in hell scumbag.
Joanna from California

Victorville, CA

#9 Jul 17, 2007
I hope Joshua Cohen gets the maximum allowed for such crimes, and plenty of psychotherapy.
PISSED OFF

Stevensville, MD

#10 Jul 17, 2007
HELLO...who cares what kind of family support he has or who wants to put up there house to get him out, it dont excuse what he did to that precious baby girl. He is where he belongs, he is a peice of shit who dont deserve to have freedom. And as for not knowing what her outcome is, why does that matter....what he did was wrong. If someone jumped his ass out on the street and messed him up i bet his family would be the first to say put his ass in jail. It dont matter if she got a tiny scratch or major problems, the person who is should protect her is the one who caused it..YOU DONT KICK A BABY IN THE HEAD..If he has such a good family, why are you supporting someone who should be dead, he dont deserve to live...
annette

La Porte, IN

#11 Jul 17, 2007
Bail? Why should that pig be allowed any bail? He should never be allowed to see the light of day...his daughter can't. What is the world coming to when someone can ATTACK, and try to kill a 10 week old infant, and EVER be let out of prison? This disgusts me!
Ann

Dayton, OH

#12 Jul 17, 2007
Let him rot in jail! If I were a family member, I wouldn't even be in the court room, let alone putting my property on the line for such a piece of garbage that would kick an infant in the head.
Teresa

United States

#13 Jul 17, 2007
How could a man so I violently hurt his daughter and his family act like nothin is wrong! There supporting the wrong side! That baby was the sweet and innocent one in this not him! This is really sad.That baby may be home from the hospital but she has a very long recovery...she may never get to see again!She may have alot of other permanent things wrong with her! I wish you show mercy to that poor baby and punish him to the full extent of the law. Thats not to much to ask after the hell she has been through...she's only 3 months old!Bless her little heart!!!
Heidi

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Jul 17, 2007
If this judge has any sense in head. He will not lower the amount of bond for this jerk. No real father would ever do this to a helpless child. He deserves punishment to the FULLEST. I hope like alot of other people out there that he rots for what he has done.
sadened

East Saint Louis, IL

#15 Jul 17, 2007
dont give him a lower bond, the man deserves all that he is getting, I think 25 years is not enough time for this "family oriented" monster..Hang himmmm
Samie S

Stratford, CT

#16 Jul 17, 2007
hope Joshua Cohen gets the maximum allowed for such crimes
Michele

Brusly, LA

#17 Jul 17, 2007
THIS STORY JUST MAKES ME SICK!!!! JOSHUA NEEDS TO MAKE HIS JAIL CELL HIS ADDRESS...POOR JOSHUA,HE NEEDS MORE THAN A HIGH BAIL.
HE'S A CHILD ABUSER, KEEP HIM IN JAIL FOREVER....I HOPE HE NEVER SEES EVELYNN AGAIN.
M Brett from MN

Owatonna, MN

#18 Jul 17, 2007
I dont think this kid should get out! This little girl didnt have a chance to get away from him as he was kicking her. He needs to serve many years in the big housr so the convicts can treat him as he did his daughter!
cats5

Harker Heights, TX

#19 Jul 17, 2007
I don't see how the baby is doing well now. How can she? She has damages that will be with her, her whole life. I am talking about eyes and they know what damaged has beed done to her brain. So-----give me a break. The bail is not high enough, and I can't believe his family not looking at what he did to a member of their family.
MELANIE BRYANT

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Jul 17, 2007
THAT IS JUST SICK!!!! HE SHOULD HAVE NO BOND AT ALL!!! HIS DAUGHTER CANT EVEN SEE.... AND IF HE'D DO THIS DO HIS OWN DAUGHTER THEN HE'S A SICK MAN WHO NEED ALOT MORE THEN 25 YEARS ANYWAYS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Castle? (Dec '10) Oct 20 Socwkmom 320
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Oct 20 Susan 304
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) Oct 19 TAB320 162
James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Foun... (Dec '11) Oct 10 Chester 2,860
Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Oct 10 Maniac 72
massages at nail salon? Oct 3 cutups 1
SUNY Oneonta student in critical condition afte... Sep 28 Sur 13 Beat 1

Riverhead News Video

Riverhead Dating
Find my Match

Riverhead Jobs

Riverhead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverhead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverhead

Personal Finance