Black Long Island man who shot white boy gets 2-4 years in prison

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A black man who grabbed a gun instead of calling police when his son awakened him with a claim that carloads of abusive white teenagers were headed to their home was sentenced to prison Wednesday for killing ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
milesbrown49

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Where can I send money to help Mr. White with his legal expenses for this mess?

Since: Jan 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I can't say I would have reacted any differently than this man.

It's a shame that we cannot defend ourselves anymore- we have to be killed first, in order to hope for-or even try- to attain justice.

The criminals get to live, and we are supposed to just let them kill us?

WTF?
Mike L

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 22, 2008
 
A man must be able to defend his own home.

“Beam me up Scotty!”

Since: Nov 07

Allentown, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

You are all nuts. The man was safe inside of his home. All he needed to do was call the police and sit tight. Load a gun, go outside to the end of your driveway and wait for a young kid, who was drinking, angry at your son because he thinks he threatend a girl with rape so you can confront him is at the LEAST a very bad, reckless and stupid choice. But, because he is black and his ancestors were mistreated in the past forget a grown mans poor choice and blame the dead kid. where do you people get your logic? a rap song?
Gomer Pyle

Hume, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Geno56 wrote:
You are all nuts. The man was safe inside of his home. All he needed to do was call the police and sit tight. Load a gun, go outside to the end of your driveway and wait for a young kid, who was drinking, angry at your son because he thinks he threatend a girl with rape so you can confront him is at the LEAST a very bad, reckless and stupid choice. But, because he is black and his ancestors were mistreated in the past forget a grown mans poor choice and blame the dead kid. where do you people get your logic? a rap song?
Agreed, He should have stayed inside. If he really had 20 min to contimplate his actions he should have went up on murder 1.

The cops would have been there long before those kids.

That sentence is a joke. Now not only has Mr. White destroyed his life and the family of the dead teenager, but now he and his family will be constantly be looking over their shoulder for retaliation.

All he had to do was make a phone call.

That jude should be disbarred for that sentence. I hope the local voters remember this when it come time to vote her back into office.
Diogenes

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Sad. Two years for a life. Doesn't seem fair but again, what is nowadays? This world has gone crazy.
Mike L

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

there is no law that says a man must be a coward.
Geno56 wrote:
You are all nuts. The man was safe inside of his home. All he needed to do was call the police and sit tight. Load a gun, go outside to the end of your driveway and wait for a young kid, who was drinking, angry at your son because he thinks he threatend a girl with rape so you can confront him is at the LEAST a very bad, reckless and stupid choice. But, because he is black and his ancestors were mistreated in the past forget a grown mans poor choice and blame the dead kid. where do you people get your logic? a rap song?
Bubba Smith

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Shoot to kill, get a 2 years vacation all expenses paid. Is it open season on human beings ?
Gomer Pyle

Hume, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Mike L wrote:
there is no law that says a man must be a coward.
<quoted text>
NO there's not, but a person with an IQ above 60 would have the brains to figure out that it isnt worth a life to prove how tough you are.

Now his life is ruined. 2yrs in jail/ convicted felon. All for what? To prove how tough you are? All it proved is is how stupid people can be.

Yeah, makes sense to me. I bet thinking back now he would have called the police and just let them deal with it.

Stupidity should be painful.....

“Beam me up Scotty!”

Since: Nov 07

Allentown, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Mike L wrote:
there is no law that says a man must be a coward.
<quoted text>
Coward? What are you nuts!!! Its got nothing to do with being a coward or not. It has to do with common sense!
Bubba Smith

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

milesbrown49 wrote:
Where can I send money to help Mr. White with his legal expenses for this mess?
You can send it to the Nation of Islam. They are posting all over the forums as different people from different neighborhoods and cities.

Dont forget to join, keep your social security number, date of birth and address handy cause they ask for it. Also they want your mate to be part of the cause, you know cause........
Mike L

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Why call other men to do your dirty work ?
Gomer Pyle wrote:
<quoted text>
NO there's not, but a person with an IQ above 60 would have the brains to figure out that it isnt worth a life to prove how tough you are.
Now his life is ruined. 2yrs in jail/ convicted felon. All for what? To prove how tough you are? All it proved is is how stupid people can be.
Yeah, makes sense to me. I bet thinking back now he would have called the police and just let them deal with it.
Stupidity should be painful.....
Gomer Pyle

Hume, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Mike L wrote:
Why call other men to do your dirty work ? <quoted text>
I'm not calling them to come clean the sh-it-ter.

It keeps your sorry arse out of jail for doing something stupid.

Like I said stupidity should be painful.......right about now you should be feeling like you got run over by a Mack truck.
Diogenes

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 23, 2008
 
Mike L wrote:
there is no law that says a man must be a coward.
<quoted text>
So you take a life to prove you're not a coward? How brave of you? Or maybe it's how stupid of you.
anti-racial

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Gomer Pyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, He should have stayed inside. If he really had 20 min to contimplate his actions he should have went up on murder 1.
The cops would have been there long before those kids.
That sentence is a joke. Now not only has Mr. White destroyed his life and the family of the dead teenager, but now he and his family will be constantly be looking over their shoulder for retaliation.
All he had to do was make a phone call.
That jude should be disbarred for that sentence. I hope the local voters remember this when it come time to vote her back into office.
geno i see you a lil hurt when the tables are turned this time it was a white kid that got shot by a black guy. i would love to see yourself in his shoes when a pack of black kids comes to beat your child.
Gomer Pyle

Hume, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 25, 2008
 
anti-racial wrote:
<quoted text>
geno i see you a lil hurt when the tables are turned this time it was a white kid that got shot by a black guy. i would love to see yourself in his shoes when a pack of black kids comes to beat your child.
puh-lease.....race doesn't mean I become a stupid-a-s-s and land my butt in jail, and destroy my families life and the kids family life too.

I promise you i am not that ignorant.
Glasnos

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

2-4 years ... and he'll be out in 18 months? And blacks claim racism still exists? Affirmitive action ... OJ ... and we still have jesse Jackson making a fortune shaking down corporations claiming discrimination?
It is long past time whites put an end to special priviledges. Had this been in reverse .... I'll guarantee you the Al and jesse show would be on with 10,000 protesters.
mama makoso

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 26, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Gomer Pyle wrote:
<quoted text>
NO there's not, but a person with an IQ above 60 would have the brains to figure out that it isnt worth a life to prove how tough you are.
Now his life is ruined. 2yrs in jail/ convicted felon. All for what? To prove how tough you are? All it proved is is how stupid people can be.
Yeah, makes sense to me. I bet thinking back now he would have called the police and just let them deal with it.

Stupidity should be painful.....
I'm 150% sure Mr.White could careless if they thtought he was tough or not
Unconcerned

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 26, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Glasnos wrote:
2-4 years ... and he'll be out in 18 months? And blacks claim racism still exists? Affirmitive action ... OJ ... and we still have jesse Jackson making a fortune shaking down corporations claiming discrimination?
It is long past time whites put an end to special priviledges. Had this been in reverse .... I'll guarantee you the Al and jesse show would be on with 10,000 protesters.
Don't try to drag your bigotry into this argument. You have the right to defend yourself if you feel there is immediate danger. A carload of rambunctious racists coming toward you is danger. What if a carload of racist Black boys were headed to your house? In my opinion (21-yr-old Black woman), you would have the right to shoot those racist Black boys if they posed a threat to your family. A racist lynch mod is a danger no matter what color that racist lynch mob is. I agree that he should get jail time for taking a life, but to me it was a life well taken to ensure the safety of his family.
Glasnos

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 26, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Unconcerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to drag your bigotry into this argument. You have the right to defend yourself if you feel there is immediate danger. A carload of rambunctious racists coming toward you is danger. What if a carload of racist Black boys were headed to your house? In my opinion (21-yr-old Black woman), you would have the right to shoot those racist Black boys if they posed a threat to your family. A racist lynch mod is a danger no matter what color that racist lynch mob is. I agree that he should get jail time for taking a life, but to me it was a life well taken to ensure the safety of his family.
And I'm so sure you would feel this way had the roles been reversed ...

Mr White got more jail time for possession of an illegal weapon, than killing a white person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Riverhead News Video

•••
•••

Riverhead Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Riverhead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Riverhead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverhead
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••