Borgess Antique Mall Galesburg - JUST FYI

Posted in the Riverdale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TheInformer

Rochester, MI

#1 Oct 16, 2012
These people are junk, just FYI. They lie, cheat and steal their way through life. They use to have a store in Allegan, which was an utter mess, never could get anything right and their business partner ended up giving them the boot. Then they open up a store in Galesburg, riding on the backs of the store down the street where they both (husband and wife) used to work. They steal all their store information, all their mailing list, sales, numbers, everything and start up a new store down the road. They don't advertise at all, but get all the customers from the advertising that the other three stores do that are in the same town. I am a dealer at the other stores, have been for over 5 years and I have booths in other antique malls around Michigan and in Indiana. Burgess has a bad reputation in the antique world, they cannot be trusted and they will do anything to get ahead. They don't work with other malls to promote antiques in general. They start rumors and tell lies about other people, not just the stores down the street. I am tired of hearing all the rumors and lies that come from them. The store i am in quietly goes on with their day without talking about them at all so I am doing the store I am in a favor by putting the truth out there. This is my opinion based on the facts that I have found out. If you don't want to take my word for it, search for or go get the public court documents where Burgess was sued and LOST for what they did wrong.
Jane

Rochester, MI

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Well its called burgess antique center and I dont know about all that. I was a dealer in that store for a while and yes they are not decent people at all. I personally got tired of hearing all the gossip that Ronda and Karen were spreading that I later found out was not true at all. I went up the street and asked what the issue was, all I was told was it was an issue that they preferred not talk about. Im glad that I left when I did no one needs to keep hearing that crap and I dont want to be apart of a company that uses there dealers to spread gossip.
sissy

Rochester, MI

#3 Oct 16, 2012
Haha that's so funny Ronda does it again! Guess I wouldn't expect anything different though. Speaking from personal experience. Ronda bought the store in Allegan with a friend from a lady named Carol, after Ronda talked all kinds of crap about Carol. How she would never have all that Retro crap Carol sold in her store, yet Carol is a dealer in Burgess. If these people only knew all the crap told behind there backs.
Galesburg resident

Rochester, MI

#4 Oct 16, 2012
As a long time galesburg resident it sickens me to know that someone like ken and karen have gotten themselves caught up with a mess like this I have herd rumors coming from that place that's why most of us stay away we don't need talk like this in our town and we don't want those kinds of people here either I will pray that God my help those who were led into this web of lies find the strength to turn from the devil and his wicked ways I don't know this ronda person but I hope that she finds jesus and that all this wickedness leaves her heart and puts an end to this horrible situation
lady B

Rochester, MI

#5 Oct 17, 2012
I know all too well the gossip I hear coming from that place. Its been spreading like wild fire since they opened. If the people who own Grants were so bad then why do they advertise on there own website that they will help anyone who wants to open a store in Galesburg? Shame on the people at Burgess antiques for starting all this. They all should step back and start acting like adults not children.
lotty lou

Rochester, MI

#6 Oct 17, 2012
The rumors coming from Burgess and there employees are pretty bad, I mean how can their dealers sleep at night knowing that their apart of such a mess. The owners worked for Grants then opened their own store down the street can anyone say disgruntled ex employees? How can anyone trust anything that comes from Burgess? Every time I hear the crap I just laugh and go on my way.
laughing

Rochester, MI

#7 Oct 17, 2012
Oh you all don't even know the half of it. Ronda has been sending her little emails out to everyone at the city. Complaining about everything from corn stalks to why her tax dollars are being used for our firemen giving school kids rides on the fire trucks. Ronda uses Ken and Karen for her dirty work sending them to city council meetings, pretending to have an interest. Where were they before Burgess opened? None of them ever came to meetings until they started spreading rumors. These people are becoming the talk of the town alright and not in a good way. I guess none of them thought anyone would check their facts before forming an opinion. How childish can some adults be....
Teri

Rochester, MI

#8 Oct 17, 2012
Haha Karen would rather climb a tree and tell a lie then stand on the ground and tell the truth! I'm thinking someone shoud go to one of those city meetings and call them out for their lies. See how quick they change their story!
carmen

Richland, MI

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Not surprised at all. Ronda use to talk about all the dealers where she use to work. Before Burgess opened she made the comment that she didn't want any of grants junk dealers! Yet most of her dealers are from grants, or were at one time.
Judy

Richland, MI

#10 Oct 17, 2012
That's all you hear when you go into Burgess is how everyone in galesburg is against them. They complain that the people that own the hardware store and the koffie crotch as they call it move their signs because they are jealous. They tell people that the members of the city council are all against them. The people at Burgess wine and cry all the time. The worst part is they get their customers involved.
MRD

Rochester, MI

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Well the comment was made a few days ago in the store, that one of Grants long time dealers and employees was tricked into believing the story's and actually fell for it. I hope they figure out the truth before this person makes an ass of themselves!
Vicky

Rochester, MI

#12 Oct 17, 2012
I don't know about the rumors going around but I know Karen can't be trusted. I don't know any decent person willing to be seen in public with that woman. Sounds to me like she fits right in with this Ronda lady.
biggy

Rochester, MI

#13 Oct 17, 2012
Can't anyone in this town get along? Sounds to me like the new kid on the block is getting is trying to stir up drama. Shame on Burgess!
mary

Rochester, MI

#14 Oct 17, 2012
Does no one see the real issue here? Its obvious to me what's happened ex employees did something they should not have got sued and are trying to cause trouble. If all these other people fall in line behind them and uphold them, those people are no better then the owners of Burgess. All of these people need to be labeled and called out for their stupidity.
Larry

Rochester, MI

#15 Oct 17, 2012
Lets all stand in a picket line and chant lier lier pants on fire! If the people at Burgess want to act like children then the rest of us should too.
donna

Rochester, MI

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Spread that gossip girls. You all deserve your day in the spotlight when everyone else grows a brain and learns the truth!
Jane

Rochester, MI

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Hopefully their dealers wise up. They use to charge people 3% for advertising and didn't even advertise. I take that back they did on Craigslist, which by the way was free.....
joe

Rochester, MI

#18 Oct 18, 2012
Its not just the owners of Burgess talking, they have all their dealers spreading their gossip too. Public records don't lie. All of these people must not have a brain between them. Does anyone know when the next city meeting is? Anyone can get a copy of the public records to prove their lies, I think they will be handed out at the next meetings. All of them will look like the fools they are.
Allegan

Rochester, MI

#19 Oct 18, 2012
I herd the gossip at the Allegan antique show this year. Looking back on who told me I should have thought twice before I listened since their a dealer at Burgess. All the stores in galesburg are really nice places, so I just don't understand why they all can't work together.
mona

Rochester, MI

#20 Oct 18, 2012
If someone told lies and rumors on you would you want to work with Burgess either? Course not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Sep 22 JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 22 gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
Facebook birthday wishes keep pouring in for Ri... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Just Me 3
Colin's 11th birthday: Michigan mother's Facebo... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Vaccines Cause Au... 2

Riverdale Jobs

Riverdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]