First Prev
of 2
Next Last
F Heins

Jackson, MI

#1 Sep 19, 2007
My ONE visit to Richland was to see the Gilmore museum with My Son.The Auto museum was awesome,
nice quaint town where We ate and purchased gas,
However on our way out of town,We unfortuneately
had the displeasure of meeting Officer Daniel's
waiting in His nice NEW Dodge Charger on the outskirts of town. If the revenue for Richland is subsidised by giving tickets to anyone passing thru town that way,You have to be proud of officer Daniel's!! I got hit for 105 dollars by
going a shocking 5mph over. I can GUARANTEE that Richland will absolutely NEVER see any moreof My hard earned money go to Your fine town,in any way.
Now of course that also means that all friends , family , acqaintences,and anyone I can tell this to,may very well NOT spend any money or time in Your town either! Is the 105 dollar revenue actually enough for the town to split evenly among business,municipal costs,ect'', to make it a wonderfull place to live or visit? If so,continue this speed trap,Good luck! If You or family might be affected by a downturn in tourists,Perhaps re-thinking this problem is in order? Either way I shall have spent the very last penny in Your town!
A Jackson resident.
Concerned Officer

United States

#2 Sep 24, 2007
Mr. Heins,
Your response to the citation that you recieved from Officer Daniels seems very one sided on your part, so I will provide to the readers the real truth. I am sure that you were not going ONLY 5 miles over the speed limit, it was probably more like 15+ miles over the speed limit. And when you were stopped I am sure that you were treated with the utmost respect by officer Daniels, that is why he REDUCED YOUR SPEED FROM 15+ miles over the speet limit DOWN TO 5 miles over the speed limit. By the way Officer Daniel did not need to do that, he did it out of courtesy and compassion. Your original speed of 15+ over the speed limit would have cost you 4 points on your license and $215 in fines.
I think you should be thanking him instead of smearing his good name all over the internet! Remember you and everyone else sleep soundly at night under these officers selfless blanket of protection. Most people would understand that!
Officer Daniels

Marshall, MI

#3 Sep 24, 2007
Mr. Hines. I am sad to hear that you feel this way about this fine town of ours here. I work very hard for this village, and do by best to make the visitors, and citizens of this community feel very safe. One of the ways I accomplish this is by active patrol for excessive speeders, and careless drivers who would threaten the safety of many people who like to walk and bicycle in our lovely town.
As the other officer mentioned before I did REDUCE your citation DOWN TO 5mph over the speed limit. It is clearly posted 3 times 25mph when you travel south from the main light before you get to where I was sitting, and operating RADAR. As I told you Sir, you were traveling 44mph in the posted 25mph zone. Not only that but as I was tracking you, you were still accelerating your speed.
If this unfortunate encounter has changed your opinion of our community and me, I am sorry that you feel that, but I do ask you to be fair to me. If you decide to smear somebody’s reputation on the internet give the entire story. Try not to bash someone because you’re upset that you got COUGHT speeding this time. Just be thankful I decided to REDUCE this to a lower amount and showed a little compassion for a passing motorist who was not paying attention to the speed limit signs that were right in front of him

Respectfully
Ofc. Daniels
Mr Slow Down

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Oct 17, 2007
"F Heins" It appears you are lying as you were not truthful about how fast the officer had you. I would suggest you apologize for misrepresentation of the facts. I am sure Richland will not miss your dollars, and will not miss your speeding vehicle going thru their town. To the officers keep up the good work why anyone would want to do your job I don't know, but remember for every one of the "F Hiens" out there, there are 100 more that appreciate what you do.
F Heins wrote:
My ONE visit to Richland was to see the Gilmore museum with My Son.The Auto museum was awesome,
nice quaint town where We ate and purchased gas,
However on our way out of town,We unfortuneately
had the displeasure of meeting Officer Daniel's
waiting in His nice NEW Dodge Charger on the outskirts of town. If the revenue for Richland is subsidised by giving tickets to anyone passing thru town that way,You have to be proud of officer Daniel's!! I got hit for 105 dollars by
going a shocking 5mph over. I can GUARANTEE that Richland will absolutely NEVER see any moreof My hard earned money go to Your fine town,in any way.
Now of course that also means that all friends , family , acqaintences,and anyone I can tell this to,may very well NOT spend any money or time in Your town either! Is the 105 dollar revenue actually enough for the town to split evenly among business,municipal costs,ect'', to make it a wonderfull place to live or visit? If so,continue this speed trap,Good luck! If You or family might be affected by a downturn in tourists,Perhaps re-thinking this problem is in order? Either way I shall have spent the very last penny in Your town!
A Jackson resident.
31Rules

Vernon Hills, IL

#5 Oct 17, 2007
So, as long as this officer says that he was more than 5 miles over, we all just take his word for it? Look what's going on in Kalamazoo. Police are just like anyone else--they will lie to protect their interests. I'm not saying all cops are dirty, but I think you would be naive to assume that they are all honest and above board. They are only human, and just as flawed as the rest of us.
And doesn't it seem slightly unethical for this officer to admit that the speed he wrote on the ticket was not the true speed? To me, that's just as bad as saying it was more than actual.
Jim Johnson

Kalamazoo, MI

#6 Oct 18, 2007
The Lord says to obey the laws of the land, so just obey the posted speed limit.
31Rules

Vernon Hills, IL

#7 Oct 18, 2007
The Lord also says to follow the ways of the Lord, not the ways of the Richland PD
Concerned Citizen

Marshall, MI

#8 Oct 19, 2007
In response to 31Rules toothless comment, I would like to say that he doesn't sound too intelligent. First of all, you assuming this officer is lying about the speed shows what type of person you are. What does this officer have to gain by writing a ticket, its not like he gets a percentage or any extra credit points for it. I'm sure he would like to be doing something else besides standing along side of a busy road dodging cars and hill billy drivers like 31RULEs ( I'm sure 31 is a NASCAR driver number shaved into his back). This 31Rules guy apparently cannot comprehend what was written in the other emails about officers showing compassion. Officer Daniels reduced the drivers speed down so the fine would not be as high, that is an authority that officer Daniels has. He did it because he is not like 31Rules, he is educated and can see outside the box and compassionate sounding, not going around calling every cop a liar.
I would suggest that 31RULES should research state law and ethics before stating something so stupid on the internet about the actual speed not being written on the ticket.
It sounds to me that 31RULES is the reason why there are cops on the street.
31Rules

Vernon Hills, IL

#9 Oct 22, 2007
Oooh, I'm wounded. Just keep thinking that all those people with the uniforms are there to help you, as your liberties slowly disappear. I'm not saying all police are bad or corrupt, but neither can you say they are all completely ethical and honest--human nature just doesn't work that way. Have you seen the news reports on the fine upsatnding officers of the Kalamazoo PD that cover up for each other and won't produce public record documents? Or how about the fine upstanding GR PD officers having sex on the job? So, don't hold ALL police up as such paragons of virtue. My point is ,windbag, that the officer should be required to write the actual speed on the ticket. Either deviating up or down seems to leave room for favoritism or misuse of the power.
Officer Daniels

Traverse City, MI

#10 Oct 22, 2007
Mr. Rules, before you decide to call me unethical why don't you leave a message for Mr. Hines and ask to see his copy of the citation. It clearly shows the actual speed on the citation with the reduced speed in the vilation box. I do this on every citation I write, as well as explain the citation to the individual I'm talking to.

Respectfully

Ofc. Daniels
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#11 Oct 22, 2007
Officer Daniels,

You sound like a nice person.
Richland resident

Plainwell, MI

#12 Oct 22, 2007
The speed trap on the south side of Richland Township is terrible. It makes you not want to go through Richland. The guy in Dodge Charger is like a fascist with the speeding tickets. Why doesn't he have regular police car? Is he ashamed of being a police officer. The officer is doing great civic duty by protecting the public but the speed trap in Richland terrible. I follow the 25mph limit but there are people stopped everytime you go through there. Sometimes the officer far exceeds the speed limit to catch speeders. This behavor seems even more culpable than the orginal behavior. Richland is small community that I enjoy but I travel around Richland to Meijer rather than go through Richland to Hardings. It is to bad because I enjoy Richland and Gull Lake. It stinks that the Cafe Closed but now Downtown Kalamazoo is place for food.
31Rules

Vernon Hills, IL

#13 Oct 23, 2007
I didn't mean to address your integrity directly, Mr. Daniels. I don't know you. What I am saying is there are just as many unethical policemen as any other profession. It's just more dangerous when you have guns and authority involved.
Thank God I don't live in Michigan anymore. What about the $100 permit to ride your motorcycle with no helmet? After all these years, now money will overpower the supposed safety benefits.
an officers wife

Traverse City, MI

#14 Oct 23, 2007
I have to worry about my husband everyday. Wondering if he's going to come home safely or if he's been shot, run over while on a traffic stop, or hurt in anyother way. It's unbelievable how you can worry about what a police officer drives or how much your stupid ticket cost you for speeding! Don't speed and you wouldn't have anything to worry about!
I pray everyday for my husband and his fellow co-workers because of people like you idiots 31Rules and Richland resident! My husband works hard just like the Richland PD! The officers are obviously doing their job, if all you have to complain about is getting a ticket for doing 15+ over the speed limit. My dad was in a bad car accident that the lady was speeding and ran a stop sign. She died, my dad had 9 pins and a rod holding his foot to his ankle! Now my dad can't run in marathons, can't waterski, can't do a lot of things he used to do. And you have to argue about how you shouldn't have gotten a ticket for speeding or running a stop sign?!? YOU ARE SICK!!!!
You need to go to youtube. Look up Officer Kozminski. He was a friend of ours and was killed in the line of duty! He had a daughter the same age as our daughter! Watch his video, then you might change your mind on how dangerous an officers job can be. There are lots of things that an officer would like to do rather than babysitting the ignorant people who can't read a sign! You should be fortunate that this resulted in a simple traffic ticket rather than an accident where someone could have been hurt or killed. Think twice before bashing the people who keep our streets safe!

sincerely,
An officers wife
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#15 Oct 24, 2007
Mrs. An officers wife,

If you are officer Daniels wife, than the citizen is VERY fortunate, as well as officer Daniels.

You both sound like great folks.
Michigan38

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 8, 2007
Officers Wife, When your husband decided to be a police officer did he really intend to sit and watch for violators or did he want to make a difference some other way? Just curious...
an officers wife

Traverse City, MI

#17 Nov 8, 2007
Michigan38... My husband went into this occupation with a passion for making a difference in citizens lives. Unfortunatly a small percentage of his job is to sit and watch for violators. However, in doing so, he is making the streets safer. Again as I stated this is only a small percentage as a police officer. I always appreciate curiosity about a police officers duty because it shows a willingness to learn about issues that affect us.
Thanks again :)
~an officers wife
Jeff Michigan Officer

Marshall, MI

#18 Nov 9, 2007
Michigan 38, it seems to me that going through 4 years of college and a 20 week police academy and ongoing training annually shows some sort of dedication to protecting the public no matter what an officer is doing. Richland Police Dept. handles all sorts of calls ranging from traffic violations to murder, just like any other department. Open you mind up a little and do some research and see what any department does on a daily and yearly basis, its all the same, no matter what size. Traffic enforcement is part of the duties of a police officer. We need to slow speed, watch out for wreckless/ careless drivers, watch for drunk or stoned drivers so your or my family does not get hurt or killed because of a drunk, a speeder or some dumb kid showing off. So your inference of an officer just sitting and waiting for violators couldn't be farther from accurate. I would like to sit down with you face to face sometime and tell you and show you some of the horrible sites that I have seen, and that Officer Daniels has probably seen because of speeding, drunk driving, wreckless driving. I personally have worked in small towns and in big cities, it doesn't matter where you are at, it is going to happen anywhere. Missing heads and body parts are very common on speed crashes and drunk drivings, and in the last 15 years I have seen plenty. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to sleep at night either. We get paid to go to bloody car accidents at 3am in the dark and help save a corpse or have to come up and find someone's child without a head or cut in half. We get paid probably less than you to take those thoughts, visions, smells to bed with us at night. And when your sitting at your Thanksgiving dinner and your Christmas dinner with your family, guess where we are,,,,,, yep on the job taking a suicide on someone who has no family, or a fatal car accident because someone has had too many drinks and killed a family on there way to grandma's house. But I'm confindent that your response to my posting here will be as unthinkalbe and as rude as your response to Officer Daniels wife. Hopefully this will make you think about what you write before you write it.
Respectfully,
15 year veteran police officer.
31Rules

Vernon Hills, IL

#19 Nov 12, 2007
If you are a Kalamazoo officer, I wouldn't be bragging too loud about honor and integrity.
an officers wife

Riverside, CA

#20 Nov 14, 2007
Sounds like you didn't understand what he was talking about. I would love to see you do a police officers job.
-an officers wife

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shepherd Pie (Nov '16) Nov '16 Alan Shepherd 1
Borgess Antique Mall Galesburg - JUST FYI (Oct '12) Oct '16 Smitty49083 40
News Judge gives Kalamazoo Co. green light to sell w... (Oct '14) Aug '15 ray 2
News Facebook birthday wishes keep pouring in for Ri... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Just Me 3
News Colin's 11th birthday: Michigan mother's Facebo... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Vaccines Cause Au... 2
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Riverdale, MI (Aug '11) Dec '11 RonPauliscareerpo... 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Michigan... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Vance1 6

Riverdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverdale Mortgages