Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,342

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#35268 Aug 13, 2012
catholic priests are gay wrote:
Take your church and seperate it from my state.
Let your priest rape boys in church A until he gets caught and send him to church B. Jesus wasn't white! Nor the son of god from virgin birth! You believe this garbage than your a moron!
Gays deserve family health care and every other family benefit you let your uneducated wife get for doing dishes and vacumming. Do you think gays want to promise your god they love each other? They want for their partner the same treatment your house wife gets for plopping out babies and doing your laundry.
Wake up religious idiots! Jesus did not die for your sins! That's a bunch of made up garbage. Family is family, same sex or not. Gays get bonus points for not believing in Dr Suess like fictional bibles!
You are talking about the Old Testament that distinguishes a small but significant culture (Jews) who have existed in numerous cultures, most often apart from their own country for thousands of years. Not one single other culture has done so.

This culture is mocked about their Law. This is an example of the affect on their society;

http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

Care to explain moron?

Smile.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#35269 Aug 13, 2012
Straight female wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is saying that all lesbians look like a man. It is being stated that in a couple paired together usually one female takes on the role of a man and that same female also takes on the behavior and mannerisms of a man?
My gf and I both cook meals, both clean house, both take care of the kids... there is no male/female jobs. Honestly, as a lesbian I like women... I don't want a woman who looks/acts like a man. If I wanted a man I would be with a man.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#35270 Aug 13, 2012
When was the last time you slaughtered a female goat after sinning? It's in the Bible.
When did you last bring an unblemished male offering from the herd?
It's in the Bible.
Have you recently presented an offering of entrails (covered with fat, of course)?
It's in the Bible.
Have you eaten any divided hooved, or cleft-footed animals? You shouldn't.
It's in the Bible.
Don't eat rabbit, by the way.
It's in the Bible.
Everything in the waters that does not have fins and scales is detestable to you.
It's in the Bible.
The pig, for even though it has divided hoofs and is cleft-footed, it does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean for you.
It's in the Bible.
Has your wife brought a pigeon or lamb for slaughter after her blood purification?
It's in the Bible.
If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water, and be unclean until the evening. 17 Everything made of cloth or of skin on which the semen falls shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the evening. 18 If a man lies with a woman and has an emission of semen, both of them shall bathe in water, and be unclean until the evening.
It's in the Bible.

See where we're going here? Levites had laws for a reason within the context of their society. We no longer follow each and every one of those laws because many of the reasons to do so no longer exist.

So, why is it exceptionally easy to overlook the above, yet focus on laws which are perceived to be about homosexuality. Again, many scholars don't think that the laws were even about homosexuality as we know it.

You probably think that the sin of Onan was about masturbation, don't you?

SecretSmile. ;-)
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about the Old Testament that distinguishes a small but significant culture (Jews) who have existed in numerous cultures, most often apart from their own country for thousands of years. Not one single other culture has done so.
This culture is mocked about their Law. This is an example of the affect on their society;
http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html
Care to explain moron?
Smile.

Illinois

#35271 Aug 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Care to explain moron?
This from the genetically defective on who claims I'm insensitive toward zher/zhim.

Karma train's a bitch, and so is your angry inner lesbian.

Location hidden

#35272 Aug 13, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
When was the last time you slaughtered a female goat after sinning? It's in the Bible.
When did you last bring an unblemished male offering from the herd?
It's in the Bible.
Have you recently presented an offering of entrails (covered with fat, of course)?
It's in the Bible.
Have you eaten any divided hooved, or cleft-footed animals? You shouldn't.
It's in the Bible.
Don't eat rabbit, by the way.
It's in the Bible.
Everything in the waters that does not have fins and scales is detestable to you.
It's in the Bible.
The pig, for even though it has divided hoofs and is cleft-footed, it does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean for you.
It's in the Bible.
Has your wife brought a pigeon or lamb for slaughter after her blood purification?
It's in the Bible.
If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water, and be unclean until the evening. 17 Everything made of cloth or of skin on which the semen falls shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the evening. 18 If a man lies with a woman and has an emission of semen, both of them shall bathe in water, and be unclean until the evening.
It's in the Bible.
See where we're going here? Levites had laws for a reason within the context of their society. We no longer follow each and every one of those laws because many of the reasons to do so no longer exist.
So, why is it exceptionally easy to overlook the above, yet focus on laws which are perceived to be about homosexuality. Again, many scholars don't think that the laws were even about homosexuality as we know it.
You probably think that the sin of Onan was about masturbation, don't you?
SecretSmile. ;-)
<quoted text>
Israel is literally a Garden of Eden with every aspect of society from there WORLD CLASS setting in the middle of third world despotism. After thousands of years, TO THIS DAY stands out in mind boggling ways!

Do you know how idiotic it is to continue mocking the basis of that culture??? If you had half a bird brain you would be using to to find out why!

Which brings us back to the question I asked;

Please explain how that happens.

Especially with ALL those idiotic laws...

Smile, Smirk, Grin.

Illinois

#35273 Aug 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is literally a Garden of Eden with every aspect of society f...
Again, deflection and avoidance.

I've NEVER mocked Israel, Israeli Law, or the Laws of Leviticus.

The point is/was that we don't follow each and every Biblical Law in contemporary society. Nor do they do so in Israel.

Nice skirt.
Straight female

Euless, TX

#35274 Aug 13, 2012
Merango j, all that slaughtering and offering first born are in the OLD Testament. We Christians no longer have to live by all the laws in the Old Testament. When jesus died on the cross he atoned for our sins tso there is nolonger a need for the offerings listed in the Old Testament. You are correct it is all in the Bible and yes those were the laws BC
Straight female

Euless, TX

#35275 Aug 13, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
My gf and I both cook meals, both clean house, both take care of the kids... there is no male/female jobs. Honestly, as a lesbian I like women... I don't want a woman who looks/acts like a man. If I wanted a man I would be with a man.
Has nothing to do with jobs. Has to do with how one carries themselves. In any case I am just stating my experience

Illinois

#35276 Aug 13, 2012
Straight female wrote:
Merango j, all that slaughtering and offering first born are in the OLD Testament. We Christians no longer have to live by all the laws in the Old Testament. When jesus died on the cross he atoned for our sins tso there is nolonger a need for the offerings listed in the Old Testament. You are correct it is all in the Bible and yes those were the laws BC
Tell it to KiMare. As a retired church employee I'm well aware of the Holiness Codes.
catholic priests are gay

Belleville, IL

#35277 Aug 13, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Great story eh? If you honestly believe that stuff you'll be amazed by "science" .

You believe that earth is only 5000 years old?
You honestly believe Jonah was gobbled up by a whale?

I understand 1900 years ago when people were uneducated, not yet exposed to electro magnatism, site at 10 to the negative 18th power particles, I can understand those dummies buying it, but not today. That's absolutely ridiculous bs. Fossiles were put here by god to test your faith? Get real and don't try and use your moronic beliefs to govern. Seperation of church and state!

You are free to believe that crap if you choose, but keep your ignorance out of my law.

Man on man , girl on girl, who cares! If your wife can have your health insurance so can a gay man's husband!

Location hidden

#35278 Aug 14, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, deflection and avoidance.
I've NEVER mocked Israel, Israeli Law, or the Laws of Leviticus.
The point is/was that we don't follow each and every Biblical Law in contemporary society. Nor do they do so in Israel.
Nice skirt.
You certainly did mock. You chose Laws specifically to do so.

However, it doesn't mean some of those Laws are not common to our culture and morality.

But using YOUR logic, you and I don't follow all the laws of this country, does that mean we shouldn't follow ANY laws???

No wonder you believe gay unions are the same as marriage...

Ssssmmmiillle.

Location hidden

#35279 Aug 14, 2012
catholic priests are gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Great story eh? If you honestly believe that stuff you'll be amazed by "science" .
You believe that earth is only 5000 years old?
You honestly believe Jonah was gobbled up by a whale?
I understand 1900 years ago when people were uneducated, not yet exposed to electro magnatism, site at 10 to the negative 18th power particles, I can understand those dummies buying it, but not today. That's absolutely ridiculous bs. Fossiles were put here by god to test your faith? Get real and don't try and use your moronic beliefs to govern. Seperation of church and state!
You are free to believe that crap if you choose, but keep your ignorance out of my law.
Man on man , girl on girl, who cares! If your wife can have your health insurance so can a gay man's husband!
THAT'S your response???

Scoffing masquerading as logic??? Do you REALLY think you are fooling even the idiots on here???

No, I don't believe the earth is "5000 years old". I think the first 'day' of creation would be unlikely a 24 hr day since the Sun was not yet created. Do you know how long a day is in the Alien Creator's life?

Now answer my question. How did a perfectly accurate example of radiation get in a mis-translated, ficitional book written by make-believe people?

Just a heads up, who said what my beliefs are? You ASSume too much. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

Illinois

#35280 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly did mock. You chose Laws specifically to do so.
However, it doesn't mean some of those Laws are not common to our culture and morality.
But using YOUR logic, you and I don't follow all the laws of this country, does that mean we shouldn't follow ANY laws???
No wonder you believe gay unions are the same as marriage...
Ssssmmmiillle.
Highlighting out-dated Laws of the Levites hardly qualifies as mocking. Good attempt at trying to create smoke where there's no fire, however.
The fact that you've managed to draw a connection between my post and not following laws is comical. You're grasping at straws, sweet pea.
You'd best stock up on Depends soon, because you're going to soil yourself when marriage equality happens.
priests babysits uranus

Granite City, IL

#35281 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S your response???
Scoffing masquerading as logic??? Do you REALLY think you are fooling even the idiots on here???
No, I don't believe the earth is "5000 years old". I think the first 'day' of creation would be unlikely a 24 hr day since the Sun was not yet created. Do you know how long a day is in the Alien Creator's life?
Now answer my question. How did a perfectly accurate example of radiation get in a mis-translated, ficitional book written by make-believe people?
Just a heads up, who said what my beliefs are? You ASSume too much. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
You can be what ever religion you choose no matter how stupid it is. That is your right in this country and I appreciate that. I have the right to think the bible is ridiculous. If its the word of God the all mighty why do all sects pick and choose the parts they choose to follow? God says if your son talks back to you you have to kill him.
Abraham was about to kill his son to prove his faith and at the last second the angle stopped him and God said " Jesus Christ Abraham you a crazy mo to, I was just fn around!" How do you think Isacc felt about that shit? Isaac probably hated Abraham! I wouldn't kill my son for any GOD! I would rather burn in fiery poop!

Americans put their lives and 10% of their money into Matt Mark Luke and John. Of the 4 only 1 can be argued to have ever know Jesus ( john for you religious but uneducated on your own faith) and that argument is weak at best.

The story of Jesus is fine by me. Jesus was made out to be a pretty kind and helpful dude ( unless you ask the Jews who say he's the bastard son of a whore) But its a story just the same as cat in the hat.

Either way religion and morals based off any religion are not to govern in this country. Your welcome to believe it but your not welcome to rule with your morals. And that includes marriages. See I think anyone brain dead enough to believe the word of king James the tyrant is too stupid to be included in any discussion of law.
Moses carried the words thou shalt not kill into battle where he killed a lot!

You don't think gay is approved by GOD but incest is?

Leave the gays alone, read your lil book and pray to who ever you want but stick.your morals up ur ass! I don't have to share your moral values, I think your retarded if you believe one word in the bible.

Gay is way less scary than millions of retards that think Joseph didn't bang Mary, forget to pull out and then convince everyone that God put it in their! Lol
Straight female

O Fallon, MO

#35282 Aug 14, 2012
priests babysits uranus wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be what ever religion you choose no matter how stupid it is. That is your right in this country and I appreciate that. I have the right to think the bible is ridiculous. If its the word of God the all mighty why do all sects pick and choose the parts they choose to follow? God says if your son talks back to you you have to kill him.
Abraham was about to kill his son to prove his faith and at the last second the angle stopped him and God said " Jesus Christ Abraham you a crazy mo to, I was just fn around!" How do you think Isacc felt about that shit? Isaac probably hated Abraham! I wouldn't kill my son for any GOD! I would rather burn in fiery poop!
Americans put their lives and 10% of their money into Matt Mark Luke and John. Of the 4 only 1 can be argued to have ever know Jesus ( john for you religious but uneducated on your own faith) and that argument is weak at best.
The story of Jesus is fine by me. Jesus was made out to be a pretty kind and helpful dude ( unless you ask the Jews who say he's the bastard son of a whore) But its a story just the same as cat in the hat.
Either way religion and morals based off any religion are not to govern in this country. Your welcome to believe it but your not welcome to rule with your morals. And that includes marriages. See I think anyone brain dead enough to believe the word of king James the tyrant is too stupid to be included in any discussion of law.
Leave the gays alone, read your lil book and pray to who ever you want but stick.your morals up ur ass! I don't have to share your moral values, I think your retarded if you believe one word in the bible.
Gay is way less scary than millions of retards that think Joseph didn't bang Mary, forget to pull out and then convince everyone that God put it in their! Lol
Believe or not, that is your choice. I totally respect that. But if your choice is based on your last post, your interpretation is vastly flawed. If you are at peace with your opinion and choice then fine. If not I would suggest you try to understand a bit more of the gospels. Interesting enough, God will give you very clear understanding if and only if you accept him into your life. I will only comment on one statement you wrote. Jews DO NOT believe Jesus was a Bastard Child from a whore. That is a horrible statement, I find extremely difficult to even repeat. Again I do respect free choice, does not mean I have to be in agreement.
Straight female

O Fallon, MO

#35283 Aug 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Can you tell me how this Country (America) came about. Can you then tell how the main rules of a moral society came about? I'm looking for where all the rules came from. The main moral rules in our current society

Location hidden

#35284 Aug 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Still can't give me a direct answer to my questions. Your response shows you don't even need facts to have a answer.

But you do bring up another question about Jesus and Mary. It is no surprise for a young lady then to claim a god impregnated her. But to claim she remained a virgin was something science didn't achieving before the 1940s!

How did that happen?
SATAN

Saint Louis, MO

#35285 Aug 14, 2012
The choice was free and clear.
Straight female wrote:
<quoted text>Believe or not, that is your choice. I totally respect that. But if your choice is based on your last post, your interpretation is vastly flawed. If you are at peace with your opinion and choice then fine. If not I would suggest you try to understand a bit more of the gospels. Interesting enough, God will give you very clear understanding if and only if you accept him into your life. I will only comment on one statement you wrote. Jews DO NOT believe Jesus was a Bastard Child from a whore. That is a horrible statement, I find extremely difficult to even repeat. Again I do respect free choice, does not mean I have to be in agreement.
Straight female

O Fallon, MO

#35286 Aug 14, 2012
SATAN wrote:
The choice was free and clear.
<quoted text>
Please explain, I do not understand what you mean by free and clear
Joey Sanchez

AOL

#35287 Aug 14, 2012
Glad they got the really IMPORTANT stuff out of the way so they can tackle that pesky $190 BILLION ...that's Billion with a B..Illinois State Deficit.

We wouldn't want to leave that kind of an extinction grade NIGHTMARE to our kids and grand kids, now would we?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
posen 2015 trustee election 24 min isb 2
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 42 min Vote 2015 90
the forum 1 hr Shopper 64
Who is the least successful politician ib the l... 2 hr Mother Nature 5
Snow removal 2 hr cheer up 134
City Council Two Minutes Limit Designed to Disc... 5 hr Financial Report 66
Blue Island Strong (Jan '14) 6 hr Rebuild BI 266
Riverdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future