Murdered decade ago, Brandon, then 8, is still remembered

Sep 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“He looked asleep, peaceful -- like I could walk over, shake him and say: 'Brandon, wake up.' ”

Brandon Searcy gobbled up cheese toast and orange juice, joined his mother in belting out his favorite gospel song, "Shake the Devil Off," then prayed for a good day at school. via The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
newzchik

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Judged:

I remember Brandon Searcy. I never met him or his mother, but became acquainted with his family when I learned of his disappearance and subsequently his murder. I was hurt, shocked and appalled. Having sons of my own--one being Brandon's age at the time--I was inconsolable and grieved back in 1997 because I truly identified with the Searcys' loss. I could never even attempt to begin to comprehend the how's or why's as to the motives of Alexander Head, how could anyone do such horrible things to a child?? When I think about Brandon and the wonderful things he could've experienced, I still cry for the life taken that day, and hold my sons even closer because you never know, it could have been my child.
Renee turner-ivey

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Judged:

Brandon Searcys' death had a huge affect on me. I was living in the same neighborhood at the time. My son, DeVon, was six and a half. Brandon walked the same route that i drove to take my son to school everyday. When Brandon went missing, I prayed. When Brandon was found, murdered, I cried. Brandons' death prompted me to take action with my son regarding strangers approaching him and how he should respond. I cried for Brandons' family for weeks. Woke my son up out of his sleep for weeks to love on him and cherish him. Less than two months later. We were in a car accident and I had to remove my beautiful son from life support. Brandons death is forever etched in my memory. I pray for his mother, even today. I thank God for his life. He and my son had very similar characters, personalities. I grieve for them both.
Ieashia Hutchins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

I remember Brandon like yesterday, he was a sweet loving soul and would have grown to be a fine young man.. I went to Ms.Bennett's tutorial school with him.. We shared laughs all the time.. He will always remain in my heart.. May peace be with his soul and family.. One Love
Yankee Love

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

One dead child either way doesn't makle much difference. Let it go and get on with life.
Susan White Benton

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

My grandson was eight years old also when Brandon went missing...I saw his picture wearing his softball uniform in the newspaper and it broke my heart when he was found senselessly murdered. I cried for days...when I wrote a letter to Brandon`s mother , she called me and we talked for a while...I had feeling of closure but not completely...now my grandson is 22 with two precious little girls of his own. I still think of Brandon and what he might have become...I never knew him but I loved him, because if you love a child then you love ALL children ~
Jay milner

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

i remember this like it was yesterday he was on my baseball time at the time when this happen i remember everyone asking were was he then one day walking to school our coach at the time son told me what happen cause it was on the news last night i still have everything they gave us for him for the sweat bands to the jersey i remember when we had the best double play in the county from what everyone told us after the game when i caught the pop fly at the plate off balance an threw probably the best throw of my life to you. the best first basemen i knew rip
Bri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

My cousin is truly missed thanks for da comment n still remembering him!!
newzchik wrote:
I remember Brandon Searcy. I never met him or his mother, but became acquainted with his family when I learned of his disappearance and subsequently his murder. I was hurt, shocked and appalled. Having sons of my own--one being Brandon's age at the time--I was inconsolable and grieved back in 1997 because I truly identified with the Searcys' loss. I could never even attempt to begin to comprehend the how's or why's as to the motives of Alexander Head, how could anyone do such horrible things to a child?? When I think about Brandon and the wonderful things he could've experienced, I still cry for the life taken that day, and hold my sons even closer because you never know, it could have been my child.
Bri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Srry 4 ya lost still keeping my cousin memories alive!!!
Renee turner-ivey wrote:
Brandon Searcys' death had a huge affect on me. I was living in the same neighborhood at the time. My son, DeVon, was six and a half. Brandon walked the same route that i drove to take my son to school everyday. When Brandon went missing, I prayed. When Brandon was found, murdered, I cried. Brandons' death prompted me to take action with my son regarding strangers approaching him and how he should respond. I cried for Brandons' family for weeks. Woke my son up out of his sleep for weeks to love on him and cherish him. Less than two months later. We were in a car accident and I had to remove my beautiful son from life support. Brandons death is forever etched in my memory. I pray for his mother, even today. I thank God for his life. He and my son had very similar characters, personalities. I grieve for them both.
Bri

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Very rude who ever da fuxk u r god bless ya soul cause if I get to ya first nan nice rude a*s!!! Ughh disturbing a*s comment keep ya inconsiderable thoughts to ya self
Yankee Love wrote:
One dead child either way doesn't makle much difference. Let it go and get on with life.
Bri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Yes we all think of what he could have been my cuzn is truly missed thank u for keepin his memory as well!!!!
Susan White Benton wrote:
My grandson was eight years old also when Brandon went missing...I saw his picture wearing his softball uniform in the newspaper and it broke my heart when he was found senselessly murdered. I cried for days...when I wrote a letter to Brandon`s mother , she called me and we talked for a while...I had feeling of closure but not completely...now my grandson is 22 with two precious little girls of his own. I still think of Brandon and what he might have become...I never knew him but I loved him, because if you love a child then you love ALL children ~
Bri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Thank u for ya comment n remembering my big cuz we would have been da same age this year n he is truly miss!!! Really appreciate ya comment
Jay milner wrote:
i remember this like it was yesterday he was on my baseball time at the time when this happen i remember everyone asking were was he then one day walking to school our coach at the time son told me what happen cause it was on the news last night i still have everything they gave us for him for the sweat bands to the jersey i remember when we had the best double play in the county from what everyone told us after the game when i caught the pop fly at the plate off balance an threw probably the best throw of my life to you. the best first basemen i knew rip
lucciono red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I was best friends with Brandon I the first and second grade I remember it like it was yesterday when we got to school the next day and he was missing I cryed to my mother cause it could have Been me I knew the man who killed him very well and its weird how I thought about my friend and I found this but r.I.p Brandon searcy
ShBRANDON mccoy

Lithonia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Yankee Love wrote:
look idiot i'm 14 and named after that little boy his dad is my uncle don't be such a butt hole believe it or not i'm the only thing that reminds him of his little boy o don't be a prick and say get on with your life ... we will never forget
his neighbor on hillsdale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

I remember brandon but not much though... we was young when we enjoyed eachother company playing basketball, hide and go seek and other child hood games. I think Bout him more den often mainly cause we were bestfriends and my afrerschool hours became lonely and me and my family still live across the street from his last residence! R.i.p brandon.. i wonder how is your mother and lil sister- keyonnna
Partee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I love you so much Brandon. I miss you more than ever!!.You turned 24 this month old man lol...just wish you were here to blow ur candles out yourself. We love you so much big cuz.:)
brandy sherman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

I remember brandon we use to b n the same class that was a long long time ago didn't know ppl still remembered him I think about him from time to time that was a very dramactic time for us n that class I remember we planted a tree in front of the school n his memory.......glad dude got what he deserved more than enough time to think about him...continue to rest in peace brandon.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Riverdale News Video

•••
•••

Riverdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Riverdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE