Clayton Co. Sheriff Victor Hill selli...

Clayton Co. Sheriff Victor Hill selling home

There are 56 comments on the Creative Loafing story from Aug 25, 2008, titled Clayton Co. Sheriff Victor Hill selling home. In it, Creative Loafing reports that:

Megan Matteucci of the AJC reports that Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill, everyone's favorite lawman, has put his four-bedroom ranch home on the market for nearly $300,000. He bought the joint for $240,000 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Creative Loafing.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#1 Aug 26, 2008
Good luck selling for any profit. Do you need the cash for a lawyer? Hope you go into bankruptcy like many others in this county, thanks to you.
t smith

Snellville, GA

#2 Aug 26, 2008
stop being a hater, victor will be fine. He really help clayton county.
t smith

Snellville, GA

#3 Aug 26, 2008
he will be miss.......thx victor god bless you, keep you safe. god has a better plan for you.....when one door close another open.......thx t.smith
Tom

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Victor Hill is a Egomaniacal racist. Good ridence.
Cop in Town

Summerville, GA

#5 Aug 27, 2008
I am not a cop in Clayton County but I have been a cop for many years and I have to say Tom is right! Victor Hill was not only a big embarrassment to Clayton County in general, did a major amount of damage to what was once a very professional Sheriffs Office, but he was absolutely the biggest embarrassment to Law Enforcement that ever put on a badge! Thank God is going to be gone very soon and I don't blame him for moving out of Clayton, I would too if I had caused as much harm and embarrassment as he did. Tuck your head between your legs Victor and stay out of Law Enforcement please!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 27, 2008
I sincerely hope that Victor learns a valuable lesson from all this. When you are an elected public official, you serve at the pleasure of the voting public. There is no room for arrogance and disrespect towards those you serve. I personally had high hopes for him in the beginning of his term, but alas almost as soon as he was sworn in he began showing that everything was about him and not the community he was sworn to protect. I won't say that everything that he did was bad, he took care of some irritating issues in the beginning. But it all comes back to the old adage that 1 Ah Crap! can ruin a dozen At-ta Boys!. His mouth wrote too many checks that my bank account had to cover. If you cost me more than your worth, you have to go. Unfortunately this is the case for Victor Hill.

Better Luck next time.

Bill
Bo Jack

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2008
Where is Victor Hill? How can you walk away from a county that you were sworn to protect? What about all the people that voted for you? Will you be expected to earn a salerly when you have dissapeared? Where is the big bad sheriff of Clayton county?

- Bo Jack
Ada Peterson

Kennesaw, GA

#8 Aug 28, 2008
Thank you so much for Mr. Hill for the great service you provided. You did more for Clayton County residents as Sheriff than ever before in the history of Clayton County. Thats been proven by the National Accreditation this year, and as far as you being a racist, well would that make you any different than those who did everything to stop you and other blacks from succeeding in life. All of us on the outside will never know the truth to what really going on, but it wasn't all because of you. I can only image what is to come, back to trashihng our community with drugs, prostitution, no more holding home owners responsible for cleaning up there yards and trash flying all over the highways. No other sheriff will care about quality for all citizens in Clayton County the way that you did. May God keep you and bless you forever. You are very muched loved for making Clayton a safe place to live.

P.S. You will be greatly missed by many! Ada Peterson
dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#9 Aug 28, 2008
Ada Peterson wrote:
Thank you so much for Mr. Hill for the great service you provided. You did more for Clayton County residents as Sheriff than ever before in the history of Clayton County. Thats been proven by the National Accreditation this year, and as far as you being a racist, well would that make you any different than those who did everything to stop you and other blacks from succeeding in life. All of us on the outside will never know the truth to what really going on, but it wasn't all because of you. I can only image what is to come, back to trashihng our community with drugs, prostitution, no more holding home owners responsible for cleaning up there yards and trash flying all over the highways. No other sheriff will care about quality for all citizens in Clayton County the way that you did. May God keep you and bless you forever. You are very muched loved for making Clayton a safe place to live.
P.S. You will be greatly missed by many! Ada Peterson
I am not sure where all this garbage pick up occurred but if it did, it came at a rather steep price. Seems like that could have happened for several millions less then it cost.
winston

Powder Springs, GA

#10 Aug 28, 2008
victor, you cost us a lot of money when you lost the lawsuit over the firings. as a black man i am embarrassed because white people are saying "look what happens when black people rule" then look at the school board "when n++++++ rule you lose your accreditation."
Tory One

Atlanta, GA

#11 Aug 28, 2008
are the doors full size?
Ada Peterson

Kennesaw, GA

#12 Aug 28, 2008
To no offense, I'm laughing!
There are so many people that lost there jobs, homes, businesses, and dignity. These people have to choose between feeding their children or puting gas in their car. I know a many of them wish they could continue to pay the county taxes, vs. losing everything they worked so hard for. Losting their home not only mean they need to find a new one but they no longer owe any property taxes. I believe that they would have rather dealt with the taxes than lose their homes.
Tory One

Phenix City, AL

#13 Aug 28, 2008
there will be a spate of "house fires" in Clayton, it will make a third world country look proggressive, in fact in a third world country pupils walk 5 miles to go to school, in clayton pupils firstly do not know what alk to school means and secondly with the rise in drive bys it would not be possible.
Ada Peterson

Kennesaw, GA

#14 Aug 29, 2008
winston wrote:
victor, you cost us a lot of money when you lost the lawsuit over the firings. as a black man i am embarrassed because white people are saying "look what happens when black people rule" then look at the school board "when n++++++ rule you lose your accreditation."
Well, it seems to me that we all felt that these officers should be compensated for the way they were treated, Clayton County Residents voted for the extra 1% in taxes paid to off set the lost, still better than losing your home. Mr. Hill is not rssponsible for the job lost, high gas prices or residents losing the homes. Start taking responsibilty for your own short falls in life and stop looking to blame someone else.
Tory One

Phenix City, AL

#15 Aug 29, 2008
Ada Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it seems to me that we all felt that these officers should be compensated for the way they were treated, Clayton County Residents voted for the extra 1% in taxes paid to off set the lost, still better than losing your home. Mr. Hill is not rssponsible for the job lost, high gas prices or residents losing the homes. Start taking responsibilty for your own short falls in life and stop looking to blame someone else.
no!! 23% of clayton residents voted for the 1% not the same thing,
Ada Peterson

Kennesaw, GA

#16 Aug 29, 2008
Cop in Town wrote:
I am not a cop in Clayton County but I have been a cop for many years and I have to say Tom is right! Victor Hill was not only a big embarrassment to Clayton County in general, did a major amount of damage to what was once a very professional Sheriffs Office, but he was absolutely the biggest embarrassment to Law Enforcement that ever put on a badge! Thank God is going to be gone very soon and I don't blame him for moving out of Clayton,
I would too if I had caused as much harm and embarrassment as he did. Tuck your head between your legs Victor and stay out of Law Enforcement please!

Can you explain what harm and embarrassment Mr. Hill is to Clayton County, I'm confused. The only embarrassment he caused was to the Officers that he fired. But guess what, these officers were compensated, yes I agree because no one should be treated that way. Black people are treated that way everyday in this country and we are never compensated. Mr. Hill did not kill anyone, he did not rob anyone, he make a mistake, and thats the only harm he cost himself the re-election to office. Our Sheriff's office is still to this day a very professional organization. Please stop dumping of Clayton County, we are going thru enough!
dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#17 Aug 29, 2008
Ada Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Victor's Mom?
dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#18 Aug 29, 2008
Ada Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain what harm and embarrassment Mr. Hill is to Clayton County, I'm confused. The only embarrassment he caused was to the Officers that he fired. But guess what, these officers were compensated, yes I agree because no one should be treated that way. Black people are treated that way everyday in this country and we are never compensated. Mr. Hill did not kill anyone, he did not rob anyone, he make a mistake, and thats the only harm he cost himself the re-election to office. Our Sheriff's office is still to this day a very professional organization. Please stop dumping of Clayton County, we are going thru enough!
We have been going through enough but I hope we have hit the bottom.
Did you forget about Victors other lawsuits? The Pink Pony, the Tuggle brother or the one by that former employee Pam ( I think)?
Did you for get about the dummy ripping out the gambling machines, only to have to give them back?

Ada Peterson

Kennesaw, GA

#19 Aug 29, 2008
dixiedarling wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Victor's Mom?
No, I just feel that its time to move on and come togather for the county education system. Mr. Hill will be gone, get over it because there is really not much we can do other that to fix this problem with electing new board members to save our school district and if were not about it, than we will be moving out with Mr. Hill and the rest of Clayton County residents. But, please don't hate me because I see no reason for over kill. Say what you want, I'm moving on, it a dead issue, get it, dead end.
dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#20 Aug 29, 2008
Ada, Victor was a tyrant and a idiot. He caused much more harm to this county then to himself.
But that being said, I agree, we should move on and stop trashing our own county. We have to fix what they broke. We have gotten rid of, finally, Victor, BOE, Lee and Jewel.
We need to talk about how to promote the good things here. And not let the riff raft gain control again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dunkin' Donuts boycotted for Racism/Supporting ... 8 hr Donald 47
News Live updates: Jim McElwain talks Alabama-Florid... 11 hr Evil Roy Slade 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Inspector tiny ta... 20,694
Excalibur Tattoos -Lousy Tattoo Business in Aug... 12 hr Pastee 9
Trump Saves 1000 Jobs at Carrier 17 hr ThomasA 11
Need help finding a plastic surgeon to remove i... (Apr '14) 18 hr Candicane 31
Black Widow 19 hr Richie Rich 1

Riverdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverdale Mortgages