Mummers strut stuff at Philly New Yea...

Mummers strut stuff at Philly New Year's parade

There are 8 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Jan 2, 2014, titled Mummers strut stuff at Philly New Year's parade. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

Thousands of people lined the route for the century-old Mummers Parade along Broad Street, the city's main north-south thoroughfare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 2, 2014
This parade is now 114years old...a lot of work goes into this parade...the members are volunteers...it's quite an under taking.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 2, 2014
...the elders look like pervy ole shriners...
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#3 Jan 2, 2014
Haven't watched the Mummer's parade in ages. In fact, I haven't watched any parades in a long time. Interests change over the years. What I used to enjoy years ago, now seems to bore me. It's a shame though. The Mummers were always a festive part of the holidays. The Mummers obviously work very hard to perform for the public. I'm sure they are still appreciated by many and I hope they continue to be successful.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 3, 2014
What or who is a Mummer? Are they like cousins to mimes?
;)

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jan 3, 2014
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
...the elders look like pervy ole shriners...
... well just forget bout borrowin my fez ... im headed east ...

Location hidden

#6 Jan 3, 2014
SimplyLoveYou wrote:
What or who is a Mummer? Are they like cousins to mimes?
;)
Here is a small sample...this is the Polish American String Band...one of my favorites

http://youtu.be/1MvQuqWQGmg ...

The parade lasts all day...and the different groups compete for prizes...it's definitely a Philly thing...like Cheesesteaks and Hoagies...enjoy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 3, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a small sample...this is the Polish American String Band...one of my favorites
http://youtu.be/1MvQuqWQGmg ...
The parade lasts all day...and the different groups compete for prizes...it's definitely a Philly thing...like Cheesesteaks and Hoagies...enjoy.
Wow! I've never seen anything like that before. How cool! Thanks 4 sharing that.:D

Location hidden

#8 Jan 3, 2014
SimplyLoveYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I've never seen anything like that before. How cool! Thanks 4 sharing that.:D
I'm glad you enjoyed it...it's a long tradition here...many of the groups consist of many family members. If you like you can find more on you tube...Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defamation charges in effect 11 hr Your Service Prov... 4
News Alleged Fake Cop Speaks from Jail (Aug '07) Jun 25 Your Service Prov... 67
bobby fernandez for mayor (Apr '10) Jun 22 Horrible 2
Review: Modesto Vacuum & Sewing Ctr (Jun '10) Jun 18 Sew crazy 3
Hey Gerald R. Creager ... Jun 14 Your Service Prov... 3
Whats going on at Savemart?? (Aug '09) Jun 8 Bill gTes 38
News California drastically reduced its prison popul... Jun 8 Your Service Prov... 1

Riverbank Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Riverbank Mortgages