Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,446

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#188966 Apr 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!
They keep trying to slip these gay twirl lies by. Talk about sick, perverted denial!
Why do they always want to eradicate the children???
Snicker.
Talk about sick, perverted lying! Where did you get the stupid idea that gays want to eradicate children?

Don't worry. Your pain will be over soon.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188967 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the bearded clams. The girl scout look is not for me. Hope that fad is over soon.
The '70's are alive and well. As you were sailor. Carry on.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188968 Apr 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was hilarious.
What do you know about how vagina's smell?
Snicker.
Memories of the birth process perhaps.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188969 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we are a nation of Justice, Freedom and Equality, were justice is blind to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
Because it is the right thing to do
So there is really no compelling reason to call an apple an orange, a veggie patty a burger, or a same sex personal intimate sexual relationship, marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188970 Apr 17, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I love linguine and clams. Only an ignorant hater like you would make such a reference like that. It not only marginalizes Gay Americans, but, it also marginalizes women with the inference that their vaginas smell like sea food. Not funny.
Linguine and claims marginalizes gay Americans?! Wait until I tell the missus.....she make's delicious pasta including linguine and clams.

Should "gay" be capitalized when it modifies "Americans"? It's not an ethnicity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188971 Apr 17, 2013
Dorn wrote:
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that if same-gender marriage becomes the law of the land here in the U.S., all of a sudden heterosexual couples will stop or slow down having babies?
Yes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188972 Apr 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about sick, perverted lying! Where did you get the stupid idea that gays want to eradicate children?
From you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188973 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The '70's are alive and well. As you were sailor. Carry on.
Aye!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#188974 Apr 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The law? Hardly. The vow binds a man and woman as husband and wife. The law's sole purpose was to protect the results of that bond. Women and children.
Throughout history there has often been no governmental involvement in marriage.
You are confusing a contract with a marriage. All ss couples need is a contract. Nothing sacred about that.
Smile.
Hey, you're finally seeing the light! All we want is a contract recognized by the government. We'll deal with our own sacred vows.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188975 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is really no compelling reason to call an apple an orange, a veggie patty a burger, or a same sex personal intimate sexual relationship, marriage.
Oh boy. Now Big D's gonna go all Superman on you!

He will fight you for "Truth! Justice! and the American Way!"

And pole dancer will cut your throat!

And X-Box will quote some dopey ad hominem on you!

And Rose_NoNo will ask if you should have been aborted.

And Jizzy will say "Oh snap! Cool beans!"

And Old SniffsButt will prescribe thorazine. An anal drip.

Did I miss anyone?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188976 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
You are such an optimist Frankie

Sadly I dont bleieve they will
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188977 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Linguine and claims marginalizes gay Americans?! Wait until I tell the missus.....she make's delicious pasta including linguine and clams.
Should "gay" be capitalized when it modifies "Americans"? It's not an ethnicity.
Marram continually marginalizes straight Americans. And gives dopey grammatically incorrect lectures on grammar.

He also worships Rose_NoHo and hangs on her (?) every word.

Marram is funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188979 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an optimist Frankie
Sadly I dont bleieve they will
You just watch and see.

If everyone got gay married, there'd be a lot less children. So that's another reason I support gay marriage.

It's like math stuff.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188980 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Why you mad frankie?
Because your wife gave me the clap again! Dammit!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188981 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D.....its rather simple actually. Historically there are two sexes, historically humans reproduce sexually, historically both sexes are needed for that to happen, historically human societies have understood all of that....that's why marriage throughout time and place.... Boy girl.
<quoted text>
So sex between men and women no longer makes babies? There are no longer two sexes?
<quoted text>
How many have argued that sex between men and women doesn't make babies? Or argued there aren't two sexes?
So sex between men and women no longer makes babies?
Marriage is not all about sex, prostitution is all about sex, not marriage. No wonder you worry about the stability of your marriage.

There you go with that "historically" word again, Yes Historically Marrage has been between a man and woman and slavery was the norm in most scotieits and women were considered lesser than men.

But I am not interested in going backwards, I am not a republican

Homosexuality was punished by death historically, much like being a Christian was punished by death in early parts of history, or being protestant was punished by death not all that long ago, or slavery was the norm quite recently on a "historically" time scale.

Again, I am not interested in "Historically" I am more interested in what is the right thing to do.

You are on the same side of the "Historically" fence that Bloody Mary or the inquisition was in murdering protestants, or the slave holders were, or the Crusades that decided first to murder Jews in their own territories than travel all the way to the "Holy land" ( not that those were much better ) or people that fought women's rights and equality.

You may pine for those "historical" days

I donít

Same sex marriage is a fact... now.... today, even in California there are 18,000 legally married same sex couples.

They arenít going back, and I am not on the side that wants them to.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188983 Apr 17, 2013
So is that it for today Jizzy? You shot your whole wad with the "why you mad Frankie?" troll?

Cool beans! Oh snap! Did you think real long before you made that one up? Oh. that's right you didn't make it up, you copied it from me.

What a dummy!

Too funny!
S HillsWC

Covina, CA

#188984 Apr 17, 2013
While four West Covina, California city council member's sat glued to their seats and took repeated attacks on there own FAILURE to stop what took place Feb. 05, 2013..
Steve Herfert of a well known Racists Gang who operate in West Covina.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188985 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just watch and see.
If everyone got gay married, there'd be a lot less children. So that's another reason I support gay marriage.
It's like math stuff.
I hope you are right, I really do

I doubt it will be enough
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#188987 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are angry. And why? Because I am making you see that you are using the same arguments against a form of marriage you don't you agree with as those against SSM use.
The slippery slope is real. But insignificant and not a reason to deny equal rights. Any arguments that it is not real are dumb.
you know what really amuses the heck outta me?

someone (you) that's a complete and total utter stranger that posts on the interenet thinks they know me well enough to judge whetehr or not i'm "angry". what a knee slapper!

and again, my friend, i have not stated where i stand on poly marriage. this is not the forum for that discussion so i will not comment on poly marriage.

laws are not passed based on "what ifs" (your slippery slope). they cannot be since the future is unknown. perhaps if you could mathmatically prove that any of your red flags will definetly occur and when, then you might be able to say your slippery slope will happen. but, since that is impossible to predict, to quote my son "ya got nuttin".
S HillsWC

Covina, CA

#188988 Apr 17, 2013
While four West Covina, California city council member's sat glued to there seats and took repeated attacks for there own FAILURE to stop what took place Feb. 05, 2013..

Steve Herfert of a well known Racists Gang who operate in West Covina., with what took place it does appear this council is scared S it Less of the repercussion's.

The mayor S. Sanderson babbled and rambled during her time on the microphone, there was a yellow streak starting at the top of her blonde head and ran down her back, her eyes fluttered and bounced around clearly she is NOT councilmember material.

Mike Touhey didn't have the guts to be seen in public but he was there at he meeting April 16, 2013. He hid in the shadow's in the back dark corner of the West Covina city council chamber.

The waddling yellow rag writer, George Ogden didn't appear at the West Covina city council meeting April 16, 2013 - I suspect he hasn't disgraced the council chambers ever since he wrote a article in the SGVxaminer.com newspaper defending his actions and of Steve Herfert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$1.8 million mosque rising at Islamic Center in... (Feb '14) 13 hr Khan 29
Review: Consolidated Reliance (Mar '13) Mar 3 Mod 5
Review: Andrews Appliance Repair (Oct '13) Mar 2 Sean 2
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Mar 1 Riverbank resident 113
to: janet stoddard Feb 25 xxx 1
The planet you've probably never heard of Feb 20 freethinkradio do... 1
Review: Law Offices Of Ernie Spokes (Dec '13) Feb 19 99 percent 2
Riverbank Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Riverbank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:07 pm PST