Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,940

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#170414 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then leave. Stop defiling ours with your presence. We don't want your kind here, anyway.
wow if that aint the pothead callin the kettle black
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#170415 Dec 8, 2012
Don't count your eggs before they are hatched. The 9th Circuit has more of its decisions overtuned than any other Circuit.....

Bellevue, WA

#170416 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text> Are you suggesting that there is another country, greater than ours ? Name it.
canada

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170417 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, see, you start out with a personal attack.
Maybe one day your balls will drop, and you'll admit it.
akpilot's only tactic - make personal attacks because he doesn't have what it takes to debate.
Isn't it cute, the queen of calling people- Bigots, LOLSERS (Whatever that is), Condumbs (Whatever they are), racist, and homophobes- is crying about being attacked.

You poor little baby Rose.

Location hidden

#170419 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, stupid, it proves the story is a myth. Just like the fact plants were growing before the sun existed proves the story is a myth. Yeah, some "God like" being could have plants growing without a sun, but there is no evidence this "God like" being exists. And a much more likely explanation for the quirks in the story is that the creators of the story didn't know about DNA or photosynthesis.
If you had to put your money down on either side, how would you bet?
Bronze Age ignorance, or a "God like" being just doing strange things?
No "stupid" it proves that if such a being which could create EVERYTHING did exist, it would not have any issue with DNA.

Location hidden

#170422 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

And I'm not getting into some nit-picky argument with you about that, Mr. TTAG.
Because you lack the intellect to do so.

Location hidden

#170424 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
The Constitution is law.
And I'm not getting into some nit-picky argument with you about that, Mr. TTAG.
Since you seem to like Wiki so much, I will make it easy on you rather than attempting to explain it to you by getting into an in depth conversation about our founding which I KNOW you aren't intellectually prepared to engage in.

"The Constitution doesn't have laws, it has enumerated powers or guaranteed rights. Laws are created based upon their Constitutional basis. There are limited and enumerated powers given to the government, and the guaranteed rights citizens have throughout all states."- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_laws_does_...

Location hidden

#170427 Dec 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This country doesn't have slavery now...
Um, duh.
You haven't looked at the tax code lately have you?

Considering those of us whom actually hold a job work for free until sometime in mid April just to pay our tax liability, how can you claim this country doesn't have slavery?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#170428 Dec 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it cute, the queen of calling people- Bigots, LOLSERS
LOLSER = LOL + LOSER
LOL = Laugh Out Loud
LOSER = akpilot.
akpilot wrote:
(Whatever that is), Condumbs (Whatever they are),
It's a play on words...
Con(servative) dumb...
Condumb (condom)
Get it now?
akpilot wrote:
racist, and homophobes- is crying about being attacked.
You poor little baby Rose.
I'm just pointing out the fact that you don't have any real arguments, so you just attack me.
So, come up with a real argument.

North Hollywood, CA

#170430 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That nonsense floating around the cesspool of your mind does not substitute for any showing of any posts by me, approving of slavery. Do you have any post # with any text, typed by me, that shows me approving of slavery ? The fact that I'd buy you show that I would enjoy having a whipping boy around.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...

Bellevue, WA

#170431 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, pack yer bags and MOVE THERE, you traitor.
i might after i get my degree

North Hollywood, CA

#170435 Dec 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't looked at the tax code lately have you?
Considering those of us whom actually hold a job work for free until sometime in mid April just to pay our tax liability, how can you claim this country doesn't have slavery?
When the IRS comes in and murders members of your family,(If you were murdered, I'm sure they wouldn't care, in fact they would be glad), kidnaps others and sells them in far off lands, compare taxes to slavery.

North Hollywood, CA

#170437 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Feel free, to attempt, to provide, even 1, argument...
Equal rights, dummy.
Our rights should not depend on our genitals.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#170440 Dec 8, 2012
This is good news. Think about it. If the US supreme court didn't hear it gay marriage would only be legal in California only. This way the US supreme court will legalize it nationwide including my state of Pennsylvania.

I believe it will be a 6 to 3 decision with Justice Roberts and Kennedy siding with the liberals.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#170441 Dec 8, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
This is good news. Think about it. If the US supreme court didn't hear it gay marriage would only be legal in California only. This way the US supreme court will legalize it nationwide including my state of Pennsylvania.
I believe it will be a 6 to 3 decision with Justice Roberts and Kennedy siding with the liberals.
A lovely thought, but I fear rather unlikely.

#170443 Dec 8, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
A lovely thought, but I fear rather unlikely.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

#170444 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe that you haven't read the Constitution, else, you'd know that the Federal Government hasn't the authority to "legalize" it, as the Constitution leaves it up to the states to decide the issue.
It is if it is a protected right in the bill of rights.

Gay marriage is protected in the 14th amendment.

The US supreme court did the same stuff with bans on interracial marriage in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virgin...

North Hollywood, CA

#170446 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an argument, at all, your genitals do not matter, at all, it is not a gender issue. Care to try again ?
Well, stupid, if genitals don't matter when it comes to marriage laws, why can't a woman marry another woman in most states?

North Hollywood, CA

#170447 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Looks like Chongo/rose-no-hope has withered and blown away....sans admission of defeat. Chongo, I accept your surrender, I was blasting you, all to hell, and you couldn't cope. It is completely understandable.
Danth’s Law

North Hollywood, CA

#170448 Dec 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a page, on Topix...and ? Do you have a post # to go with that page ? Of course you do not, but I am being more than fair, in providing you with every opportunity to ridicule yourself, even more than you have already...
Click on the link, idiot, it takes you right to the post.
Sheesh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 40 min brewed 5,070
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr subscibe 15,995
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) 17 hr ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ 99
michael walker? Mon meh 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) Sep 9 KeS 16
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 9 whispering shades 7,952
•••
•••
•••

Riverbank Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Riverbank People Search