Bernard Kilpatrick faces sentence for...

Bernard Kilpatrick faces sentence for tax crime today

There are 6 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Oct 17, 2013, titled Bernard Kilpatrick faces sentence for tax crime today. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Bernard Kilpatrick, father of ex-mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, arrives to the federal courthouse in Detroit on Monday, March 11, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Oct 17, 2013
Bernard did pretty well with only 15 months. He can do that time and be back as patriarch of the Texas estate for the duration of his life.

Restitution is $62,000. They never proved he stole any cash. They only proved he did not pay tax on the cash. If you assume a 25% tax bracket, the actual theft was about $250,000. Of course we all suspect much more than that was purloined over the span as king maker for Kwame.

Bernard always came across is one big dummy in the news. He turned out to be more cunning then the rest of the flock.
love peace and harmony

Teaneck, NJ

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Pete wrote:
Bernard did pretty well with only 15 months. He can do that time and be back as patriarch of the Texas estate for the duration of his life.
Restitution is $62,000. They never proved he stole any cash. They only proved he did not pay tax on the cash. If you assume a 25% tax bracket, the actual theft was about $250,000. Of course we all suspect much more than that was purloined over the span as king maker for Kwame.
Bernard always came across is one big dummy in the news. He turned out to be more cunning then the rest of the flock.
Blacks r usually portrayed in all kinds of negative ways by the white media. Same shyt different day. Now I feel the eyes of America and the world as far away as "down under" see racist America and that there r two kinds of justice where whites creating even greater crimes can get off like "scotch" free. The world is not sleeping they wide awake on American injustice, seen as very unfair and unbalanced just like a certain media outlet.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#3 Oct 18, 2013
love peace and harmony wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks r usually portrayed in all kinds of negative ways by the white media. Same shyt different day. Now I feel the eyes of America and the world as far away as "down under" see racist America and that there r two kinds of justice where whites creating even greater crimes can get off like "scotch" free. The world is not sleeping they wide awake on American injustice, seen as very unfair and unbalanced just like a certain media outlet.
The term is "scot free" owing to the fact that a scot was a tax long ago. The Scotch have nothing to do with it.

If you don't wish to be portrayed in negative ways, do something positive like learning English.
peace love n harmony

Teaneck, NJ

#4 Oct 19, 2013
U sound so petty, to want to make issue with that part of my post, lol. Why not first ask why I spelt it like that. There's a reason why and that I even put it in quotes but ... U fell for the slight, lol.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Oct 19, 2013
peace love n harmony wrote:
U sound so petty, to want to make issue with that part of my post, lol. Why not first ask why I spelt it like that. There's a reason why and that I even put it in quotes but ... U fell for the slight, lol.
I am not a mind reader. If you hide your light under a basket, nobody will see it. This is not the psychic reading forum.
KKK

Madison Heights, MI

#6 Oct 19, 2013
peace love n harmony wrote:
enlighten us to that reason?

It's all goot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2-Year-Old Shot In Detroit During Dispute Loses... 15 hr bozo 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,316
Las Vegas 22 hr Donaldismyname 2
News 2-Year-Old Girl Remains On Life-Support As 3 Me... Sun Pop the Weasel 2
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) Sun Tony 173
Vote For Donald Trump Mar '16 loser 2
News Neighborhood devastated by shooting (Aug '06) Feb '16 slc 346
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages