Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

Mar 12, 2013 Full story: Detroit News 374

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Full Story

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#135 Mar 25, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
White people are far from innocent but the separation between white and blacks is physical and mental. Yes, many whites are greedy and self centered but when they resort to retaliation, it's in the framework of deceit or theft, usually non violent crime. When the majority of black people resort to retaliation, it's in the framework of violence. White people may have left the city without altercation when blacks arrive, but blacks violently threaten if whitey trespasses in their hood.
Overall, I speak "in general" as in the "majority" of each group. Therefore, forget the rebuttal of Timothy McVie or the likes who killed multiple people, the average white Joe doesn't want to steal your shoes or jacket if he sees them in a gas station or if you stare at him the wrong way. Many white people are simply selfish but black people are intentionally resisting the "white mans law/rule".
you are lying. it was blks who were terrorized because they were trying to leave cramped spaces and met with rioting and violent whites who wanted the lion share of detroits landscape.

it was white folk who burned down homes ownded by blk people even if they were not in their "protected" neighborhoods...they just had to be close by.

it was white folk in the 20s, 30s, and 40s, that violently rioted against blk folk getting jobs that they were equally and sometimes greater qualified for.

white folks even used their children to riot against blk folks and burned crosses in our yards, etc.. etc..

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#136 Mar 25, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Reality check...only BLACKS can fix the mess they've gotten themselves in to!
People have a very real concern about pit-bulls...why, because they have a propensity to be more aggressive and deadly than other breeds...is there science behind it, is there data to back it up, have people observed enough of a trend to formulate an educated opinion on it?
NOW, this can equally be applied to the blacks that absorb a community...guess what, its the same thing!
You don't typically see labs or poodles or even golden retrievers eating the faces off of little babies or chewing the arms off a toddler.
A leopard cannot and will not change its spots, no matter how deep the blinder wearing fools have their head in the sand!
Black people want respect, they need to earn it and give it!
They want to looked at as responsible citizens, then they need to take responsibilities for their actions, and take significant steps to correct it. One example...STOP BURNING YOUR EFFING NEIGHBORHOODS DOWN YOU IDIOTS...duhhhh!
Its funny, the community leaders and religious idiots that are basically thugs under the cloth of god spend a lot of time making fools of themselves and disrupting the normal flow of things...if they spent half the amount of effort and energy in educating and cleaning up the streets (and teaching the black whores to keep their legs together) as they do rallying people to make trouble, maybe they wouldn't have as many issues in the city.
how often have we burned any neighborhood down, dummy? why you ignore all the riots whites conducted in this country? you don't know about them huh?

since you don't have the same historical experience as our people i is bigoted you can say that we got ourselves into this mess! no surprises there coming from the likes of you.

if YOU want respect you have to earn it; all i have ever witnessed is disrespect and the lack of regard for other people are did not look like you.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#137 Mar 25, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you always bring up welfare when talking about our social ills? how could welfare alone disrupt whole black neighborhoods and families?
The very nature of the welfare system harms the poor in the sense that it's a disincentive towards employment and personal initiative in general. It's the whole "giving the man some fish vs. teaching the man to fish" thing. Welfare also hurts the poor in that the political means necessary to fund it inherently creates more poverty.

Welfare has hurt the poor in other ways, including:

- Welfare pays better than work for many recipients, thus eroding the incentive to find employment and working out of poverty.

- Welfare promotes inter-generational dependence -a high percentage of recipients have parents who received welfare as children and many are third-generation recipients.

- Saving and the accumulation of wealth, the most important ways to break out of poverty, is discouraged through low asset eligibility thresholds.

Even financing welfare by taxpayers, has deleterious effects on the poor...for example, taxes on investment prevent job creation, and government spending on inefficient programs crowds out more efficient private-sector spending.
Jim

Montréal, Canada

#139 Mar 25, 2013
"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way, because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade'n the big… the owner… the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have big black kids see..."

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#140 Mar 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I am totally ashamed that I did not move further away from Detroit already. I have the resources to remedy that. To those blacks that have surpassed me, praise to them. Just don't steal my stuff.
what do you have to steal? no one wants your ragdety hubcaps but yet and still it is your white counterparts in high places that has and is ROBBING YOU BLIND. hope the rest of your retirement monies and social security is available to you!
Pete

Livonia, MI

#141 Mar 25, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you have to steal? no one wants your ragdety hubcaps but yet and still it is your white counterparts in high places that has and is ROBBING YOU BLIND. hope the rest of your retirement monies and social security is available to you!
As attorneys say, you are collection proof. It must be a warm feeling.
Who has hubcaps? Hello, the 50's just called. They want pat back.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#142 Mar 25, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
So what then makes Detroit one of the most dangerous cities in the US?

Really now...you equate the type of crime that makes Detroit the most miserable city in America, the result of people stealing "hubcaps"?

By the way, talking about retirement and hubcaps...you can take the 10 most poor families in the city of Detroit, grab all the baby daddy's relative to those families, collectively combine the value of the wheels from their cars, and it would be about three times more than what you will earn in your entire retirement!

Now that priorities!

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#143 Mar 25, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you how it matters. Back in the late fifties and early sixties, if a Black was getting aid from the government, he damned sure didn't tell anyone! Getting aid back then was something to be ashamed of.Men took care of their families because they were men, and I don't care if he was the garbage man, or a doctor, family came first. Then came the mid sixties with the government offering help to women with children and no husband. Once upon a time here in Ga back in the forties and fifties, you could NOT move into the projects here unless YOU WERE MARRIED! Well the liberal groups such as the ACLU took it to court, now the woman needed NO husband, and because of that, babies were downloaded one right after the other.What was the result, the result was fatherless thugs on the streets doing criminal acts and getting away with it! Racism doesn't even play a part in it.Unless you're 71 years old like I am, you don't know a damned thing about real racism, so stop using it like a crutch.
Are you an older black man sir?
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#144 Mar 26, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read half of what I posted? Or did you jump to the immediate "poor me I'm white" excuse? I said, for the ten thousandth time, they were many factors that led to Detroit's downfall. I thoroughly agree that blacks have mismanaged Detroit since they took over. However, to say it was all the fault of blacks is absolutely false. Re-read the links I posted. Sometimes I don't get white people like you or Pete or "Real Deal." It's like you've intentionally ignored the hell your foreparents created on this planet and in this country for darker skinned peoples because of their hubris and greed. When black people react out of rage and frustration (rioting) we then become selfish little devils intent on destroying your world. It's like a person who smokes packs of cigarettes daily for years and years gets cancer and wants to sue the tobacco company because they conveniently ignored the mountains of evidence and warning signs that smoking will KILL you eventually.
Actually it was the Arab muslims that first started the slavery trade out of Africa, not the white man, but you know that K. The issue with American blacks today is not what the "white man" did to blacks in the past, it is what blacks have done with their collective lives since "winning" all those rights you have here K. Blacks were way better off in EVERY statistical category before the 1964 civil rights act when that beloved President LBJ told us all that "the ngr's will be voting democrat for decades after this". Of course I was paraphrasing that, but LBJ used the N word all the time, so you get the picture. The allegiance of american blacks to a party that thinks of them as Ngr's baffles me.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#145 Mar 26, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
plenty of blk folk have done this and much better considering the circumstances we were up against in many case so how you doing so mediore as a white man in a country built for your advancement, get any type of honorary mention?
your accomplishments are INFERIOR. you should be doing and have done soooo much better then the lot of people who have been harrassed on every front by white folk like yourself.. yet and still, so many of us have advanced you! you should be ashamed.
Sounds like a government public indoctrination student to me. You got one of those africaner educations where they teach you to hate. Too bad.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#146 Mar 26, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget the home owner associations formed specifically to keep the blk populace in cramped spaces, the race riots white folks conducted to keep blk people from getting jobs, harrassing blk homeowners in certain parts of towns, burning down their homes, constantly rioting in front of their homes, breaking out their windows, etc etc.. and how governers, mayors and other politicians supported the racist agendas of white people to keep us from working, owning homes and getting our fair share of federal funds and other entitlements white folk so generously profited from.
these oppressions and more led to the 1968 riots and has had a great impact on what you see today.
Stupidity and ungratefulness is what I see. So was it the tenth grade or your junior year you quite going to the "white mans schools"? Your simply to stupid to know how stupid you are DP. Thats what you get when you don't know you don't know, but think you do. Good luck with that.
Manny

Kansas City, MO

#147 Mar 26, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an older black man sir?
Oh what a n00b thou art.
Meanie

Dearborn, MI

#149 Mar 26, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity and ungratefulness is what I see. So was it the tenth grade or your junior year you quite going to the "white mans schools"? Your simply to stupid to know how stupid you are DP. Thats what you get when you don't know you don't know, but think you do. Good luck with that.
You're more generous than most. Realizing the idiocy from this tool, most don't bother with a reply. More constructive conversation can be accomplished with our pets.

Spartanburg, SC

#150 Mar 26, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, and I've seen and witnessed how some of the Black race has sunk to an unfathomable low.
I can remember in the past when the summer was hot, black people put pallets on their front porch, and slept soundly all night without a bother.
I can remember when no young black cursed around older folks.
I can remember when you didn't get kicked out of school.
To think back then when I put myself on the line fighting for a better chance for future Blacks in the sixties, and looking at today's result, I sometime wonder whether it was all worth it.
I'm still wondering.........
Perhaps I'm just not keeping up with the times.
I never thought in all of my born days that we as Blacks would be in the shape we're in, morally, and economically.
It's all connected back to culture, and morality.
Well sir, with all due respect, if you are who you say you are on here, I can say that I appreciate your candor. I hope you did not misunderstand me. My thoughts and feelings are very similar to yours. As you can clearly tell, though, I thoroughly despise hypocritical, self-righteous bigots and racists. I hate people who condemn SOLELY based on skin color. I was raised by my mom and dad who taught me respect for others, love for God, and responsibility. Thanks again for your honesty.
Constance

Mesquite, NV

#151 Mar 26, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sir, with all due respect, if you are who you say you are on here, I can say that I appreciate your candor. I hope you did not misunderstand me. My thoughts and feelings are very similar to yours. As you can clearly tell, though, I thoroughly despise hypocritical, self-righteous bigots and racists. I hate people who condemn SOLELY based on skin color. I was raised by my mom and dad who taught me respect for others, love for God, and responsibility. Thanks again for your honesty.
Not just honesty. It was the truth you fail to see all about you.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#152 Mar 26, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a government public indoctrination student to me. You got one of those africaner educations where they teach you to hate. Too bad.
oh please. you can't call any blk person hateful. really and truly we are way to forgiving and trusting.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#153 Mar 26, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
since you are so smart, challenge what i stated in the post i provided with counter historical evidence.

you want people to be stupid enough to believe that the shape detroit is in today is all due to blk citizenship incompetence and thats not going to fly here because it is almost entirely untrue.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#154 Mar 26, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, and I've seen and witnessed how some of the Black race has sunk to an unfathomable low.
I can remember in the past when the summer was hot, black people put pallets on their front porch, and slept soundly all night without a bother.
I can remember when no young black cursed around older folks.
I can remember when you didn't get kicked out of school.
To think back then when I put myself on the line fighting for a better chance for future Blacks in the sixties, and looking at today's result, I sometime wonder whether it was all worth it.
I'm still wondering.........
Perhaps I'm just not keeping up with the times.
I never thought in all of my born days that we as Blacks would be in the shape we're in, morally, and economically.
It's all connected back to culture, and morality.
respect and morality has gone down the toilet for practically all americans not just Blamericans.

what we need to do is find out how things came to be as they are not and what can be done to rectify the situation.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#155 Mar 26, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're more generous than most. Realizing the idiocy from this tool, most don't bother with a reply. More constructive conversation can be accomplished with our pets.
of course. you would also rather have sexual relations with your pet also.

Spartanburg, SC

#157 Mar 26, 2013
Constance wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just honesty. It was the truth you fail to see all about you.
Right. And what may that be Constance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local theater to screen new Hoffa documentary 46 min reality is a crutch 1
Why are Blacks such animals? (Nov '10) 1 hr Mandingo 283
Horny 21 male 1 hr Free Kwame 7
Final charge dismissed in Aiyana Stanley-Jones ... 1 hr Medusa 3
A Subway transportation system needed in Detroit 1 hr Medusa 6
Woman sues after being forced to remove hijab a... 18 hr Al Bundy 7
Build a parade float, smite the Nain Rouge 22 hr Free Kwame 1

Winter Storm Warning for Wayne County was issued at February 01 at 11:32AM EST

River Rouge Dating
Find my Match