Detroit pastor says EM process unfair...

Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#90 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, that wasn't the point of what I was saying. I know blacks have mismanaged Detroit for decades. My family has lived in Detroit since 1939. My great grandfather lost his thriving record shop in Detroit's black bottom area in the '68 riots. I'm very well aware of the moral condition of blacks. My point was that skin color nor political affiliation is a guarantee of ethics, transparency, and honesty. Spin it all you want. You know I'm correct.
Water is wet. The sky is blue. So do something for yourselves.

There's no spin in that. Nobody is paving my way either.
When I go down to CAY in the probate section, I have to go to three windows to complete a simple form. Then I go to a completely different area and pay my $150. All the while I watch people waltz around criscrossing each other. It looks like a Carlie Chaplin slow motion video. Blacks have run this system for 30 years. I see no whites in the picture. I can't dictate a change. I'm lucky to get a court date with Judge Freddie Burton Jr. This process is repeated everywhere in city administration.
My daughter is 16 and goes down to work in the soup kitchen with her church group. She's doing it for the experience, not out of altruistic expression. She is getting educated too. The people are violent in line over getting an extra biscuit. Neither she nor I nor her church group have any power over the behavior of blacks. Your race has to change. If it doesn't, you are destined to live in poverty and be scorned by the world as being something lesser. If the potential really is there, I say show it and live up to it. Don't hide it. Now is the time.

Since: Nov 11

Greensboro, NC

#91 Mar 24, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
When I go down to CAY in the probate section, I have to go to three windows to complete a simple form. Then I go to a completely different area and pay my $150. All the while I watch people waltz around criscrossing each other. It looks like a Carlie Chaplin slow motion video. Blacks have run this system for 30 years. I see no whites in the picture. I can't dictate a change. I'm lucky to get a court date with Judge Freddie Burton Jr. This process is repeated everywhere in city administration.
My daughter is 16 and goes down to work in the soup kitchen with her church group. She's doing it for the experience, not out of altruistic expression. She is getting educated too. The people are violent in line over getting an extra biscuit. Neither she nor I nor her church group have any power over the behavior of blacks. Your race has to change. If it doesn't, you are destined to live in poverty and be scorned by the world as being something lesser. If the potential really is there, I say show it and live up to it. Don't hide it. Now is the time.
Ok Pete. Thanks again sir. You're preaching to the choir now man. You and 3000 other whites on Topix say the same thing over and over again. We know change is needed. Can you expend that same amount of energy and passion preaching to Capitol Hill and big business? I mean really. Black people are terrible. Lol I get your point LOUD and CLEAR. Do you feel better now sir?

Greensboro, NC

#92 Mar 24, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I also meant to add Pete, what more do you want? Some kind of universal acknowledgement broadcast in all languages, dialects, on every TV news station on the planet that says: "Black people suck. They only exist to irritate and steal from those of the Caucasoid branch of the human race. Our every inclination is selfishness and wickedness." Would that sate your insatiable appetite for "personal responsibility" on our part?
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#93 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that skin color nor political affiliation is a guarantee of ethics, transparency, and honesty.
Blacks certainly have a propensity for a lack of ethics, drive, honesty, high moral value etc.

There is a common denominator between the broken down, high crime, high drug usage, broken family areas of most major cities...can you guess what that is?
Race seems to affect the predisposition of one's overall personality.

One example of this...
African bees are quite aggressive and destructive, whereas the European bee is a builder, a worker, and quite productive.

Another example of this...
Some of the most dangerous cities
==========
Detroit, Michigan --- 82.7% black
Gary, Indiana --- 84.8% black
Wilmington, Delaware --- 58% black
St. Louis, Missouri --- 49% black
Baton Rouge, Louisiana --- 50.02% black
Baltimore, Maryland --- 63.7% black
New Orleans, Louisiana --- 60.2% black
Memphis, Tennessee --- 62.6% black
Flint, Michigan --- 56.6% black
Atlanta, Georgia --- 54.0% black
Birmingham, Alabama --- 73.4% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.7% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.07% black
Washington, DC --- 50.7% black
Hartford, Connecticut --- 40.05% black
Richmond, Virginia --- 52.3% black
==========
A clear trend if you ask me...you just can't make up facts!

Greensboro, NC

#94 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks certainly have a propensity for a lack of ethics, drive, honesty, high moral value etc.
There is a common denominator between the broken down, high crime, high drug usage, broken family areas of most major cities...can you guess what that is?
Race seems to affect the predisposition of one's overall personality.
One example of this...
African bees are quite aggressive and destructive, whereas the European bee is a builder, a worker, and quite productive.
Another example of this...
Some of the most dangerous cities
==========
Detroit, Michigan --- 82.7% black
Gary, Indiana --- 84.8% black
Wilmington, Delaware --- 58% black
St. Louis, Missouri --- 49% black
Baton Rouge, Louisiana --- 50.02% black
Baltimore, Maryland --- 63.7% black
New Orleans, Louisiana --- 60.2% black
Memphis, Tennessee --- 62.6% black
Flint, Michigan --- 56.6% black
Atlanta, Georgia --- 54.0% black
Birmingham, Alabama --- 73.4% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.7% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.07% black
Washington, DC --- 50.7% black
Hartford, Connecticut --- 40.05% black
Richmond, Virginia --- 52.3% black
==========
A clear trend if you ask me...you just can't make up facts!
And you simply can't answer the question I posed to you about the socio-economic/political/racia l precursors that led up to those cities current state of affairs. Oh, and about the bees.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL! Really?! I guess Europe is some magic continent huh? When Europe poops it smells like flowers and roses? Animals in Europe aren't wild. They are civilized. They have tea time at 6pm on the dot where they can discuss current affairs in the animal kingdom. You're a freaking joke. You know that? Europe and White everything to you is HEAVEN on Earth. LOL
Pete

Livonia, MI

#95 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Pete. Thanks again sir. You're preaching to the choir now man. You and 3000 other whites on Topix say the same thing over and over again. We know change is needed. Can you expend that same amount of energy and passion preaching to Capitol Hill and big business? I mean really. Black people are terrible. Lol I get your point LOUD and CLEAR. Do you feel better now sir?
All this BS and sarcasm and still not one iota regarding what you or other blacks will do for themselves. The simple answer may be that nothing will be done by blacks. If so, it proves they can't be more than they are. Maybe you would agree that is sad.
big daddy

Baird, TX

#97 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you simply can't answer the question I posed to you about the socio-economic/political/racia l precursors that led up to those cities current state of affairs. Oh, and about the bees.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLL! Really?! I guess Europe is some magic continent huh? When Europe poops it smells like flowers and roses? Animals in Europe aren't wild. They are civilized. They have tea time at 6pm on the dot where they can discuss current affairs in the animal kingdom. You're a freaking joke. You know that? Europe and White everything to you is HEAVEN on Earth. LOL
Ok n()gger. Thats quite enough or your stupidity.

Greensboro, NC

#98 Mar 24, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
All this BS and sarcasm and still not one iota regarding what you or other blacks will do for themselves. The simple answer may be that nothing will be done by blacks. If so, it proves they can't be more than they are. Maybe you would agree that is sad.
Pete, who do you think you are?? Al[Whitey] God?? Even if I gave you a 50,000 word essay detailing the plan for black success it would not be enough to sate your insatiable irritation with blacks. Something else would happen with blacks that you see on the news that would turn your face beet red with anger. You would subsequently get on Topix and join the Aryan Circle of righteousness on Topix and just post away about us miserable blacks and how we destroy your world. As far as me personally, you don't know a thing about me or what I do for "my people." Go ask a black leader if you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "interested" in our well being. Sound like a plan?

Greensboro, NC

#99 Mar 24, 2013
big daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok n()gger. Thats quite enough or your stupidity.
Well, big daddy, since one definition of "n()gger" is "a stupid person" well, I think...if the shoe fits....
Pete

Livonia, MI

#100 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, who do you think you are?? Al[Whitey] God?? Even if I gave you a 50,000 word essay detailing the plan for black success it would not be enough to sate your insatiable irritation with blacks. Something else would happen with blacks that you see on the news that would turn your face beet red with anger. You would subsequently get on Topix and join the Aryan Circle of righteousness on Topix and just post away about us miserable blacks and how we destroy your world. As far as me personally, you don't know a thing about me or what I do for "my people." Go ask a black leader if you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "interested" in our well being. Sound like a plan?
More talk only. You don't provide a 50 word plan. Besides, it has to be your people who act. Words don't count.

Greensboro, NC

#101 Mar 24, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
More talk only. You don't provide a 50 word plan. Besides, it has to be your people who act. Words don't count.
Truly.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#103 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you posed a question....it was likely lost in your trolling rants on here.

It seems you run a bit rampant throughout these threads, always trying to be the know-it-all or promote some twisted level of martyrdom from what I've seen, so catching any "real" point you make, is a bit difficult.

African anything is a lot more aggressive and non-productive than anywhere else on a societal level...funny how that works out.
More than half of South Africa's children live in poverty...irresponsible people having unprotected sex, too lame to stupid to ignorant to be civilized productive members of a society.

Helll in your own motherland, they are no better off than they are in the USA or anywhere else they are left to their own devices and control.
Is every black a slug...no they are not, but blacks have a greater propensity to be worthless than the other way around.

Talking about precursors that led of to the current state of affairs for a place like Detroit and any of the others cities I mentioned...each of them successful at one time, and once they were invaded and "consumed" by the black locus, turned into the crap that they are now.

Socio-economic issues have faced many places that have not sunk into a sewer pit that Detroit has, one reason is, the other communities. The success of cities like Minneapolis and Boston is reflected on their high number of college graduates (over 43%) and their entrepreneurial spirit.
Detroit residents have their hands out waiting for freebies and eyes closed waiting someone else to fix it, but only if its not direct help from whites, on the other hand they have no problem taking/demanding government handouts.

The sad part and the reality is, so many people like yourself continue to make excuses for this bad behavior of the people that have occupied and controlled the city for 45 years!!! The same ones that have drained it beyond repair!
Jackie

Mesquite, NV

#104 Mar 24, 2013
Lest ye forget these formidable black inventions:

biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne; November 30, 1875
folding bed: L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899

Greensboro, NC

#105 Mar 24, 2013
You see Real Deal that's what I was talking about. You only see what the so-called "black menace" did to Detroit. You don't speak about the Big Three outsourcing jobs and building factories outside of the city, nor do you talk about white flight where over 1 million people left. If 1 million people just left ANY major city in America, over time it would turn into a slum. Rather, you constantly harp on Mayor Young and the black menace that followed. I know Mayor Young did some things wrong. I know that. My father hated Mayor Young. But to tacitly imply that Detroit fell primarily because of blacks is totally false and you know it. You constantly play fast and loose with fact. I remember Time magazine had an article on Detroit and what happened. Google it. You might find it revealing. Where you get off saying I excuse badness is beyond me. It's like you want me to ignore fact for what you think you know about black people. As far as being a "know-it-all" well, I just read and research a lot. Detroit is one of my passions and my birthplace. So I've done a lot of research on Detroit.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#106 Mar 24, 2013
Jackie wrote:
Lest ye forget these formidable black inventions:
biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne; November 30, 1875
folding bed: L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899
Duly noted!
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#107 Mar 24, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
You don't speak about the Big Three outsourcing jobs and building factories outside of the city, nor do you talk about white flight where over 1 million people left. If 1 million people just left ANY major city in America, over time it would turn into a slum. Rather, you constantly harp on Mayor Young and the black menace that followed.
Again, you are trying to re-frame this discussion into exactly what you want to discuss, well now that's not realistic is it?

Lets talk about white flight, do you even understand it?
I can tell you a large part of it was the city taxed levied on residence, and while it was implemented in the early 60's nothing was done to stop it.(strike 1)
The riots of 67 that resulted from the police shutting down an ILLEGAL bar (big surprise), and the blacks lost control...end result = 40+ people dead.(strike 2)
Young was elected as mayor and ran Detroit like a third world dictatorship, running everything into the ground while amassing a fortune for himself and his cronies. Plus, the one thing more important than money, he held supreme power. His machine ran the city, the courts, the public schools, and extorted tribute from everything else left in the city.(strike 3)
Young made whites feel as if they would not be protected, that they were not welcome, that he (Young) had no use for whites which he made abundantly clear, and as a result the money belonging to the whites left with the whites!(strike 4, 5 and 6)

At the end of the day, blacks have controlled and managed the city of Detroit for the last 40 years, and did nothing to turn around the decline...that in and of itself speak mounds!
What they did do was continually stick their hands in the cookie jar over and over robbing from themselves and putting anything back, now look at them!
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#108 Mar 24, 2013
and not putting anything back*

Greensboro, NC

#109 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
and not putting anything back*
Ok. Thanks for the enlightenment.*thumbs up*

Spartanburg, SC

#110 Mar 24, 2013
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...

Maybe this article will help to enlighten blameless white people. This article was written by a man from Detroit who presents the FACTS in a neutral manner. Maybe Pete and "Real Deal" could read over it as I encouraged "Real Deal" to do earlier.

Spartanburg, SC

#111 Mar 24, 2013
This Wikipedia article points you in the right direction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-white-flight....
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/ar...
This is an example from New Orleans: http://www.gnocdc.org/tertiary/white.html

..."Professor Kevin M. Kruse of Princeton University has explored the subject in depth in his book, "White Flight: Atlanta and the Making of Modern Conservatism." Professor Kruse suggests that white flight has been an inevitable consequence of the white, ruling class in the United States ensuring that it retains its privileged position in the country's society, despite the considerable and desirable advances made over many years to end discrimination against people of other ethnic origins."

As you all can see, the factors are not all "black" lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Twaune12 20,977
I hate all white people. They all are like Trump (Sep '16) 6 hr Jim 49
Is it Bagjdad in Iraq shooting wrap? 12 hr 1stRiderMC 1
News Detroit '67: 'We've got trouble' - Routine poli... 13 hr Cordwainer Trout 1
Need GOV ASSISTANCE? Come to SAN DIEGO CA! 13 hr LastRiderMC 2
DETROIT POLICE OFFICER RANDOMLY SHOT in the HEA... 13 hr Cheesin4life 3
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law 13 hr LickitySplit 13

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages