Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

People are responsible for themselves. K27 wants to respond to every post with ad hominem attacks rather than address facts and numbers. He can't.

I left Detroit some time after my car was stolen. I was young and felt like I could take care of business. I could except for thieves in the night. My parents got tired of boarding up the back door with plywood every night for security because they felt that was not enough. They could be burned out or shot through the door. Defenseless women were being mugged going to church on Schoolcraft near Wyoming. So they took the loss and moved. My father lost a good job when he was a young man because he refused to fire a minority whom he had hired. My mother taught special needs minority children and probably gave back half her salary to buy supplies for them.

No, I don't personally feel a whit of blame on my part nor my parent's. Others may be culpable and that's on them. But even a people who feel oppressed can live a moral life and strive for education and success. We just don't see much of that in the blacks that inhabit Detroit. Blacks with character and morality moved out long ago, chased out by fellow black thugs. And that is what remains today.

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Lol this is such a waste of time. You say: "Saying that whites believe "Historically they've done nothing wrong" is the most narrow minded and uninformed statement any "typical" I'm a victim because I'm black....and wheres my handout, type of response.
As a black person, you clinging onto the slavery thing is nothing short of martyrdom, and trifle attempts at trying to keep that leverage over white PC freaks."

Let me make this absolutely clear to you. OBVIOUSLY, this current generation of whites had NOTHING to do with slavery, Jim Crow etc. However, BECAUSE your predecessors LED THE WAY in violating human rights all over the planet, white people NOWADAYS suffer. I'm not clinging to slavery. All I'm saying is that white people have to deal with the sins of their forefathers. History tells us that Europeans had an intrepid, adventurous spirit. They sought to understand and explore the world. That's great! However, when you piss half the world off through subjugation, theft, and murder in the process, well, this is what happens. Deal with it.

"You know who had the most to do with slavery in the USA...shocker...African tribe leaders, who sold out their own. Way to go Kunta
African tribal chiefs wanted to get rid of their under-performers, their weak, their mentally challenged, as well as their prisoners captured in battle with other tribes, which they used to trade for spices, clothing and other things."

True. Why do you present these facts as if they are so revolutionary? Like you've uncovered something history and PC white people have hidden from the masses? LOL give me a break! Slavery is an unfortunate HUMAN condition. It still goes on to this day. Just as much as Europeans and Asians and Arabs did in the past.

"As far as saying I live in some matrix...the reality is I live in a world where you take responsibility for your own actions, work hard, be a good citizen, and do what I can to help others...that really is what this country was founded on."

Yeah I live and millions of other blacks live in that matrix as well.

"Blacks do not and will not get respect until such a time that they clean themselves up and start being decent contributors of society, rather that drains on it!"

Thanks for the PRICELESS advice. We all needed it!
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Kallark27 wrote:

Thanks for the PRICELESS advice. We all needed it!
You are welcome. Now tell us what you and other blacks are going to do to in respect to helping yourselves.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. Now tell us what you and other blacks are going to do to in respect to helping yourselves.
As soon as whites do the same pal. Sound like a plan?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you said what we all knew. Blacks won't do anything for themselves. Nothing will happen unless others do something for them.

Personally, I believe many blacks are more willing to help themselves than you are willing to help your own.
Meanie

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>

Personally, I believe many blacks are more willing to help themselves than you are willing to help your own.
Yes, help themselves to other peoples shoes, leather jackets, cars and any other thing people work hard to own which blacks think they are entitled to.
Mo Mo MoTown

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Detroit collapses under the weight and stinky smell of fckn()ggers.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Last part first....by "white folks were not completely blameless" you mean the fact that whites grew Detroit to a desirable city of 2 million which is now at about 600 - 700k and declining monthly?
whites have been moving out of detroit since automation replaced industry and companies started moving out of state and in the "upper" suburbs of detroit and elsewhere in michigan and the US..and this started in the 50's!! not to mention "white flight" because blk folk were moving into areas previously fully occupied by mainly white people...

the demise of detroit continued to be the lost of industry, automation and just big companies period. the bust of the auto industry put the last nail in its coffin...

what has happened to detroit has NOTHING to do with its blk residence so rewrite this post and next time, come correct!

personally, i feel it is GREAT that so many people are leaving...hopefully most of them are the few whites left who have a problem with blk people and other folk who are not conducive to detroits future process...

but it was said many years ago that lansing and the city council secretly wanted to turn inner city detroit into a farm industry. others have said this to...one man claiming he had even seen the plan!

to now you can no longer try to blame the current situation of detroit on its blk residents!

and why you don't mention any torn and run down areas occupied by white people? there are PLENTY out there.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks do not and will not get respect until such a time that they clean themselves up and start being decent contributors of society, rather that drains on it!
you people have seem to be "contributing" more random violence lately then anything else..

another white skinhead has when on a killing spree, killing guess who?

other white people.

you need to worry about your own.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

went not when.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
People are responsible for themselves. K27 wants to respond to every post with ad hominem attacks rather than address facts and numbers. He can't.
I left Detroit some time after my car was stolen. I was young and felt like I could take care of business. I could except for thieves in the night. My parents got tired of boarding up the back door with plywood every night for security because they felt that was not enough. They could be burned out or shot through the door. Defenseless women were being mugged going to church on Schoolcraft near Wyoming. So they took the loss and moved. My father lost a good job when he was a young man because he refused to fire a minority whom he had hired. My mother taught special needs minority children and probably gave back half her salary to buy supplies for them.
No, I don't personally feel a whit of blame on my part nor my parent's. Others may be culpable and that's on them. But even a people who feel oppressed can live a moral life and strive for education and success. We just don't see much of that in the blacks that inhabit Detroit. Blacks with character and morality moved out long ago, chased out by fellow black thugs. And that is what remains today.
why do white folk like you think you have worked so hard and think you are not supposed to become victims of crimes?

your not the only one who had their car stolen in detroit! your not the only one that had to take a different route to keep from being robbed! since inner detroit is mainly populated by blk people WE bore the bulk of the receiving end of these crimes and struggles!

no one has worked harder then blk american people on these shores. look where we came from, what we were up against and even though we have our issues, we still stand!

your family nor your race has gone through what our family and race has so stop crying!

your white skin gives you entitlements the moment you wake up if you can't do something with all you have sitting in the palms of your hands, thats your problem!
Oh Blah Dee Oh Blah Dah

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
why do white folk like you think you have worked so hard and think you are not supposed to become victims of crimes?
your not the only one who had their car stolen in detroit! your not the only one that had to take a different route to keep from being robbed! since inner detroit is mainly populated by blk people WE bore the bulk of the receiving end of these crimes and struggles!
no one has worked harder then blk american people on these shores. look where we came from, what we were up against and even though we have our issues, we still stand!
your family nor your race has gone through what our family and race has so stop crying!
your white skin gives you entitlements the moment you wake up if you can't do something with all you have sitting in the palms of your hands, thats your problem!
UH, eh-scowse me but n()ggers do much of nothing except, rape, murder, destroy...get honest with yourself n()gger.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

as long as blacks wait for "someone else, or society to do something or fix something nothing will ever change in the black community or the Detroit area.

Read the History of Harlem from 1850 to 1970 by the department of health and human services, the study gives a blueprint for the destruction of the black house hold and the larger black community by the Johnson administration in 1965 with welfare.

The black community in America was pretty self sufficient, black woman married having families while black husbands worked providing a stable black home life for black children to grow up in.

after 1965 the black marriage falls off black women heading households with no fathers in the house.

blacks gave up trying to build the American dream settled for welfare, poor slums, poor or bad schools because They did not expect or demand better schools and results, black drug gangs, violence, way too young black girls having babies not expecting a man to be in the house or in the picture.

so blacks have to step up take responsibility for themselves and the community they live in.

stop blaming anyone or every one else for your own failings.

Look at any American ethic group and no one whines and yells racism as much as blacks do
Ooga Booga

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

reality is a crutch wrote:
as long as blacks wait for "someone else, or society to do something or fix something nothing will ever change in the black community or the Detroit area.
Read the History of Harlem from 1850 to 1970 by the department of health and human services, the study gives a blueprint for the destruction of the black house hold and the larger black community by the Johnson administration in 1965 with welfare.
The black community in America was pretty self sufficient, black woman married having families while black husbands worked providing a stable black home life for black children to grow up in.
after 1965 the black marriage falls off black women heading households with no fathers in the house.
blacks gave up trying to build the American dream settled for welfare, poor slums, poor or bad schools because They did not expect or demand better schools and results, black drug gangs, violence, way too young black girls having babies not expecting a man to be in the house or in the picture.
so blacks have to step up take responsibility for themselves and the community they live in.
stop blaming anyone or every one else for your own failings.
Look at any American ethic group and no one whines and yells racism as much as blacks do
Damn stray! Dat whitey b tellz duh trueffus.
Obskeptic

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1965 K, only 8% of black children were born to a single mother, or "out of wedlock". Then the democrats decided to enact legislation to "help" the black demographic, like welfare and abortion. Fast forward to today and lets look at the effects of those helpful legislative acts on the black demographic. Enough black babies are being aborted to make it a "genocide" on your people, and the ones that do get brought into the world have an almost 8 in 10 chance of being born "out of wedlock". Now thats what I call progress K. So if there is a group of "whites" that are deserving of your contempt, it would be liberal white democrats. The same bunch that 96% of you vote into power election cycle after election cycle. If you want to see some positive change in the City of Detroit, elect a white republican for a couple of cycles and see what happens.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>

Fortunately, I don't need to cry or whine. I worked midnights when younger and obtained an MBA at my expense. Now I am 25 miles from Detroit center with the home and truck paid off. If the situation ever gets bad enough, I can move away. In the mean time, I will watch the self destruction and hope for the best. I would hope there would be a sea change in black attitude where they would bring order within their race, seek and obtain education, and pursue honest business enterprises.

It was Jesse Jackson that said, "Nothing will happen until I make it happen." This was the mantra he urged all blacks to repeat to themselves. What have you done today to make it happen? Let's go there to the future, not the past.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1965 K, only 8% of black children were born to a single mother, or "out of wedlock". Then the democrats decided to enact legislation to "help" the black demographic, like welfare and abortion. Fast forward to today and lets look at the effects of those helpful legislative acts on the black demographic. Enough black babies are being aborted to make it a "genocide" on your people, and the ones that do get brought into the world have an almost 8 in 10 chance of being born "out of wedlock". Now thats what I call progress K. So if there is a group of "whites" that are deserving of your contempt, it would be liberal white democrats. The same bunch that 96% of you vote into power election cycle after election cycle. If you want to see some positive change in the City of Detroit, elect a white republican for a couple of cycles and see what happens.
You see O that's what really irks me. People act as if the solution to Detroit's problem is a white knight in shining armor. Skin color nor political party affiliation makes one more or less moral or honest. Not when white republicans on Capitol Hill are bought and paid for by big business. Detroit needs honesty, transparency, and fiscal responsibility right now. Any man (or woman) can have those traits. That's all I'm saying. Where ya been O? You don't comment on here anymore man lol?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
You see O that's what really irks me. People act as if the solution to Detroit's problem is a white knight in shining armor. Skin color nor political party affiliation makes one more or less moral or honest. Not when white republicans on Capitol Hill are bought and paid for by big business. Detroit needs honesty, transparency, and fiscal responsibility right now. Any man (or woman) can have those traits. That's all I'm saying. Where ya been O? You don't comment on here anymore man lol?
Well, where is the black knight or knights or knightresses?
Is Kevyn Orr your black knight or a puppet of Snyder?
Have whites hogtied all the qualified black knights so they cannot rescue Detroit? Do whites have some stranglehold on the minds of blacks preventing them from leading, going to school, and conducting business? Have blacks been prevented from voting for better leaders? How long do you sit by and watch a man drown? Should somebody not step in and save them? Blacks watch each other drown every day and just wait for their turn.
Obskeptic

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been hanging out in New York and Atlanta Forums and have not been to the Detroit threads of late. Also been pursuing my happiness, which has been much better since Jenny Granholm left office and the legislature turned to the right. Morality is a very important issue K because the very survival of our system requires a moral people. It works best when most do the right thing even when no one is watching. When respect for our neighbor was a common trait among our society. Trust me on this one K, if all our demographics, especially whites, turned out 8 fatherless kids for every 10 being born, were done and there is very little we can do to change that. Thats when the real problems just get started though because when you have such a large percentage of your population unable to fend for themselves and their families, there will be widespread chaos and anarchy. Just like we are already seeing in the black community across the country. Dependent, weak and vulnerable people can be whipped into outrage at the drop of a hat.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, where is the black knight or knights or knightresses?
Is Kevyn Orr your black knight or a puppet of Snyder?
Have whites hogtied all the qualified black knights so they cannot rescue Detroit? Do whites have some stranglehold on the minds of blacks preventing them from leading, going to school, and conducting business? Have blacks been prevented from voting for better leaders? How long do you sit by and watch a man drown? Should somebody not step in and save them? Blacks watch each other drown every day and just wait for their turn.
Pete, that wasn't the point of what I was saying. I know blacks have mismanaged Detroit for decades. My family has lived in Detroit since 1939. My great grandfather lost his thriving record shop in Detroit's black bottom area in the '68 riots. I'm very well aware of the moral condition of blacks. My point was that skin color nor political affiliation is a guarantee of ethics, transparency, and honesty. Spin it all you want. You know I'm correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent River Rouge Discussions

Search the River Rouge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr toomanymistakes 18,486
Boxing legend Thomas Hearns joins effort to fig... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
Broom-wielding Detroit teacher too traumatized ... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
Clergy members among those arrested at Detroit ... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
missing 7 hr Katie Reese 1
Are there too many blacks in Ecorse??? (Sep '10) 14 hr Mary ann Lajoie 31
The Mayor of Detroit is Wrong, Here is a Better... (Feb '10) 21 hr John Sinclair 334
•••
•••
•••
River Rouge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••