Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Comments (Page 19)

Showing posts 361 - 374 of374
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Peter Head

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
" They are just A few generations removed from mud huts and loin clothes. "
So are some white Europeans!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/greenprop...
Isn't it amazing, Whites copying African homes?
"
Walls made from 'cob'- mud mixed with straw - are making a comeback, says Graham Norwood
Eco homes homepage
The Earth channel
Builders are going back to the future with the renaissance of a material considered both environmentally friendly and sustainable - mud. Specifically, hardened mud mixed with straw into brown stuff known as cob, which can be built up gradually to form walls, and is usually mounted on a stone plinth to stave off rising damp.
"There's nothing more sustainable than cob. It's natural, hasn't been processed, and is produced on-site without any travelling," says Adam Weissman, one half of the husbandand- wife team behind Cob in Cornwall, a Helston-based building firm. He and his wife Katy Bryce have built cob homes and extensions, but more than half of his work is repairing and maintaining period houses in the South-West.
"Most are 200, 300 or 400 years old so that's highly sustainable in itself," says Weissman. "Most common problems are from the 1960s and 1970s when owners put cement render on walls, preventing the cob from breathing and leading to cracks. Some haven't looked after roofs or thatch and that has allowed water to seep in."
The couple work with Cornish schools to explain the secrets of cob and run three courses a year to teach people how to use it. He says: "Attendees are from 16 to 70. Most want to know how to look after their own cob home."
It says "MAKING A COMEBACK" so that means that once upon a time, homes were built from sticks and mud in Europe!
Next bigoted idiot, please step up!
What is your point? Are you suggesting mud huts are the future of modern society? Would you agree we should eliminate modern travel and go back to horse and buggy? Maybe we could go all the way back to your mentality and swing through the jungle trees. Hey, some of us still go barefooted at times, now that's good, isn't it?

Since: Nov 11

Flat Rock, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>I don't pay attention or hold credence to anything that coming from the "so-called" leaders of the black community, as they all seem to be so corrupt, violent and quite hypocritical, they aren't worth much of my time!
I would say, I am aware of the negative aspect of these types, because not being informed means you make emotional uninformed and ignorant statements, such as proclaiming they are "morally sound"!
I guess you're so painfully ignorant because you really don't understand the context of my words. As I've said too, your hatred of blacks completely blinds you to anything we have to say because somehow we're beneath you. That's ok though. As I've told you before, enjoy your perception of reality.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
there are multiple thousands of blk neighborhoods that are prosperous with low crime. to bad for you that yours got run down by "diversity" LOL!!!
my thinking is, your poverty, dirty trailer park was already diseased, crime and food stamped filled but when a couple of blk folk moved in, you saw it convenient to blame your already existing problems on them.
your people is forever expanding in the streets as homeless people, tent cities and just plain vagrancy..
one of our main problems is economic in nature and there are reasons and a history behind this but you, white boy have no excuse for being as poor and trifling as your are. the United states was built for your success your just to lazy, retarded and trifling to take advantage of what is out there for you as a white person.
don't blame us for your ineptitude.
I'm not expecting you to name all the multiple thousands of "safe" black neighborhoods DP, but could you name just one? I don't know of a single "safe" black neighborhood in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Benton Harbor, or for that matter, the State of Michigan. The only "safe" neighborhoods that some blacks live in around Detroit are mixed with a majority of whites.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not expecting you to name all the multiple thousands of "safe" black neighborhoods DP, but could you name just one? I don't know of a single "safe" black neighborhood in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Benton Harbor, or for that matter, the State of Michigan. The only "safe" neighborhoods that some blacks live in around Detroit are mixed with a majority of whites.
Hey O. I can think of a few safe neighborhoods. Indian Village, Sherwwod Forest, Rosedale Park, and East English Village. Midtown is fairly safe. There are a lot of young professionals moving into the Midtown area. I can't speak for Flint, Saginaw, Benton Harbor. I can speak for Detroit.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey O. I can think of a few safe neighborhoods. Indian Village, Sherwwod Forest, Rosedale Park, and East English Village. Midtown is fairly safe. There are a lot of young professionals moving into the Midtown area. I can't speak for Flint, Saginaw, Benton Harbor. I can speak for Detroit.
Yeah, I'm familiar with those, and they all have whites living there as well. There are some of those that may have a few more blacks, and those are all wealthy neighborhoods or at least upscale. The wealthy tend to live in safe neighborhoods. Even wealthy blacks.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
i was at a few when I went to LA a couple of weeks ago in Los Angeles. and no, im not gonna name them you fool! most I don't even have a name for but certainly they exist.

i have come to the conclusion that you people are not angry at the blk folk on welfare nor or you even angry about the state of certain majority blk populated cities; you are angry at the blk Americans that have achieved success here in America and are living better then YOU.

my cousins are extremely successful. I have an aunt that raised 10 children practically by herself after her two husbands passed on.

they are doctors, engineers, detectives, educators, deputies, etc.. and a few of them are self-made millionaires, one married a blk man who is a multi-millionaire!

my other cousins in Slidell, Louisiana are also doing well. she is an accountant and he owns his own real estate company. they both drive Mercedes trucks and live in an upper middle class neighborhood that is majority blk American. I know an insurance agent that makes over $250,000 a year...basically selling term and whole and universal life insurance.

there are a lot of our people not doing well but there are A LOT that are doing well considering the circumstances they have to face everyday. circumstances that you don't have to face yet, you are poor and miserable.

you have a problem with the successful among our people, not the poor and downtrodden.

just go search for that tent you are going to have to live in with your dog, in the future.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm familiar with those, and they all have whites living there as well. There are some of those that may have a few more blacks, and those are all wealthy neighborhoods or at least upscale. The wealthy tend to live in safe neighborhoods. Even wealthy blacks.
they are majority blk populated areas and vicinities and there are PLENTY of white folk who live in Detroit. don't tell me there isn't because I lived in Detroit for almost 20 years.

you want to forget the 8 mile area that is full drugs, crime, filth and all kinds of social disorders. these are majority white people living in this vicinity.

"the wealthy tend to live in safe neighborhoods...." DUH!!!!!!

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah white people live there but they are a small minority. The bulk of the demographic is black. And yes wealthy people of all colors tend to live in safe neighborhoods.
Mencken

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Part 1 of 2

Thanks for reposting that response of yours.

I asked what was wrong with integration, asked Mr. Taylor to speak for me.

You don't mention anything that makes me change my mind, say nothing that makes me believe that integration is better for me and my family. As to the rest of your post:
Kallark27 wrote:
Mr. Taylor highlighted the effects of xenophobia and some of the effects white supremacy. He spoke about Native Americans. Well Native Americans had this land basically stolen from them. Europeans used Manifest Delusion...ahem...Destiny to convince themselves of their "god-given" right to expand westward on this soil. These two things led to future generations of Native Americans being angry with what white people did to them.
You get so butt hurt over native americans having the white man take their land when everybody – but, I mean, <<everybody>> – at some point had their land taken from them It's called "conquest." It was the way of the world back then. It is the way of the world now. It will be the way of this world until the end of time.
Kallark27 wrote:
Slavery and Jim Crow was morally wrong. The whole world knows this even more so know.
Slavery is morally wrong now. It was becoming morally wrong at the time you concern yourself. Before that, it was the way of the world and had been since the dawn of man, civilized and uncivilized. Pointing out that slavery was morally wrong is like pointing out that the sky was blue. May be true but it is useless as practical information.

Jim Crow being morally wrong, you're just wrong. Jim Crow whites were under no illusion about the uncivilized animality of blacks. It's not morally wrong to defend oneself; Jim Crow wasn't in place just because whites wanted to remind blacks of their place. No, Jim Crow was in place to keep feral beasts at bay. Without Jim Crow, society would have been like – well, like now. Go to youtube, better yet, go to World Star HipHop and see the black man as he is today.
Kallark27 wrote:
You have no right to trample on my human rights because of my skin color. I don't deserve to be a second class citizen when I pay my taxes and support my community like everyone else. Centuries of oppression really pissed off 
black people.
Human rights? Go look at your “humans” on youtube and world star hiphop. That's why most whites want to live apart from you. If you personally don't act that way, great. Just don't expect whites who don't know you from Adam to give you a free pass simply because the rest of your dysfunctional brothers can't figure out how to behave like a white person in a civilized society. To analogize, most of us discriminate when it comes to snakes. That is to say, the great majority of snakes aren't poisonous. Those of us with the good sense to discriminate still don't go around picking up any snake we encounter, though.

[continued]
Mencken

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Part 2 of 2
Kallark27 wrote:
He spoke about black and Hispanic people killing each other. Hmmmm...I wonder if he was referring primarily to black and Hispanic gangs?? He is correct that black and Hispanic gangs mercilessly pursue each other. That is the nature of gangs. Like Bloods and Crips or the Mexican Mafia and MS-13. He also spoke about prison, well, prisoners are the outcasts of society. People we have deemed fit to lock up because of their crimes. They follow a different set of rules.
They kill. They kill one another. That is there nature. They are outcasts. They are people we deem need be locked up for their crimes. They follow a different set of rules. All your words. And this is an argument FOR integration?
Kallark27 wrote:
I guess what I'm getting at is that diversity in and of itself is not wrong because there are people of different cultures that get along just fine.(Like me, my family, and many other families that we interact with.) The violence is a result of, often times, baseless, irrational prejudice and xenophobia. Anything that is foreign to us we feel threatened by.
Nothing happens in a vacuum. There is a context to this. Practically speaking, no one has the time to get to know you and each and every black person so as to know which of you to avoid and which are somewhat more safe to be around.
Kallark27 wrote:
I personally feel that if the atrocities that happened to whites, blacks, browns, yellows, and reds didn't happen, diversity wouldn't be such a big deal.
This personal feeling of yours is based upon what?

As Mr. Taylor said, if diversity is so good, why do the kallark's of the world have to force it on us? Wouldn't we do it on our own if it were so good?
Kallark27 wrote:
That's why I've always said to you that white people primarily brought all of this tragedy on themselves. Modern day whites suffer because of what their fore-parents did. You've brought out that whites have tried to make amends for what they've done which, from my heart, is absolutely great! Unfortunately, the damage was already done. It will take Almighty God to really, permanently fix all of us. I appreciate your link."
A little housecleaning. You're making that up about amends. I said that whites didn't want blacks burdening society, not that they wanted to make amends.

Secondly, in another thread you said you'd never show gratitude for what whites did for blacks. But in this thread you say from your heart it's great. Sounds like gratitude to me.

We might be able to work around Almighty God. Are many whites still prejudiced? Still commit acts daily that discriminate against blacks? Still deny or seek to deny blacks good jobs, education, or advancement?

Yes? Then why insist on pushing yourselves into white neighborhoods, pushing yourselves into white schools, on working alongside people who want to mistreat you? Doesn't it make sense to get away from these hateful people who still don't accept you after generations of being forced to associate with y'all? Wouldn't it be better if y'all had a place of your own to grow and develop and live and love, a place where you wouldn't be so vilely treated?

To close, does it ever occur to you the hypocrisy of what you say over and over here in these threads? You say that you personally shouldn't be judged based on how some of your less civilized black brothers and sisters behave toward whites.

And yet when we whites are singled out for a beatdown by blacks , when our women are raped, when we are victims of robbery and murder by your brother blacks because we are white, you we brought it on ourselves.

You can't see how we can pre-judge you based on the actions of your brothers; but you don't have any problem with blacks pre-judging whites for actions the whites had nothing to do with from hundreds of years ago.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Hello Mencken. Here's my response:

"You don't mention anything that makes me change my mind, say nothing that makes me believe that integration is better for me and my family."

That's fine. Believe what you want. I don't really expect you to change your mind lol. That's your business.

"You get so butt hurt over native americans having the white man take their land when everybody – but, I mean, <<everybody>> – at some point had their land taken from them It's called "conquest." It was the way of the world back then. It is the way of the world now. It will be the way of this world until the end of time."

I don't get "butt hurt" over anything. You talk to me as if I'm an idiot or something. OBVIOUSLY people have been conquered and subjugated since human beings began to record history. But that wasn't the point of what I said now was it? Mr. Taylor basically spoke for me too. The relative privilege many white people enjoy today is because they trampled on the human rights of others for centuries. Now this current generation of whites has to deal with the mess that their foreparents created.

"Slavery is morally wrong now. It was becoming morally wrong at the time you concern yourself. Before that, it was the way of the world and had been since the dawn of man, civilized and uncivilized. Pointing out that slavery was morally wrong is like pointing out that the sky was blue. May be true but it is useless as practical information."

True. But why did you have pro-abolitionists "at the time [YOU] concern yourself" with? Americans had always struggled with the ideas of slavery. Granted, they were a minority, but still, the fact that pro-abolitionists existed helps one to see where there minds were at the time.

" Jim Crow being morally wrong, you're just wrong. Jim Crow whites were under no illusion about the uncivilized animality of blacks. It's not morally wrong to defend oneself; Jim Crow wasn't in place just because whites wanted to remind blacks of their place. No, Jim Crow was in place to keep feral beasts at bay. Without Jim Crow, society would have been like – well, like now. Go to youtube, better yet, go to World Star HipHop and see the black man as he is today."

Well like I said, I don't deserve to be relegated to the shadows just because of my skin color. Sorry Jimmy....I'm not a second class citizen lol. My tax dollars pay for this government to run as well. Sorry Mencken. We're here to stay. I'm sorry you feel that you think we're "feral beasts" lol. I think that those spineless, bed-sheet wearing Devils, the Klan were "feral,[foaming-at-the-mo uth, backwoods, moonshine drinking, sheep humping, inbred] beasts" too. I think that white folks calling 50 year old black men "boys" were quite "beastly" themselves. My great-grandfather left Jim Crow Georgia to move to Detroit to seek a better life for his family. Ultimately, he did.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Continued

"Human rights? Go look at your “humans” on youtube and world star hiphop. That's why most whites want to live apart from you. If you personally don't act that way, great. Just don't expect whites who don't know you from Adam to give you a free pass simply because the rest of your dysfunctional brothers can't figure out how to behave like a white person in a civilized society. To analogize, most of us discriminate when it comes to snakes. That is to say, the great majority of snakes aren't poisonous. Those of us with the good sense to discriminate still don't go around picking up any snake we encounter, though."

REALLY? You're really going to use WSHH and YouTube to judge our "humanity?" Ok, why don't I use the Sopranos or John Gotti, or Vinnie "The Ocean" Palermo to judge the "humanity" of Italians? Why not use Nazi's to characterize all Germans? Or MS-13 or the Mexican Mafia to characterize all Hispanics? You really kill me with that "behave like a white person" crap. That is white race chauvinism at it's "best." Sorry Mencken, I know you feel white people are akin to God but I will never follow anyone's lead JUST because of their skin color lol.

"They kill. They kill one another. That is there nature. They are outcasts. They are people we deem need be locked up for their crimes. They follow a different set of rules. All your words. And this is an argument FOR integration?"

Uhhhh no...those people are in jail because of what they did. Did you follow the context of my words? Mr. Taylor tried to use prison gangs/culture to prove his point about diversity. It doesn't prove anything. All I said was that prisoners live by a different set of rules. They couldn't adjust to societies laws and standards so they are in jail because of it.

" This personal feeling of yours is based upon what?

As Mr. Taylor said, if diversity is so good, why do the kallark's of the world have to force it on us? Wouldn't we do it on our own if it were so good?"

I'm not forcing anything upon anyone. You asked a question so I answered. I'm just saying that separation MAY help a bit, however, to be some sort of panacea, well that's a stretch.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

"This personal feeling of yours is based upon what?" I forgot to answer this question.
Did you read what I said? The atrocities that happened to blacks, browns, yellows, reds, and whites hadn't happened things may have been a little different. Do you even understand what I have always said? Mr. Taylor highlighted the consequences of racial prejudice, war, and xenophobia. What don't you understand about that??

"Secondly, in another thread you said you'd never show gratitude for what whites did for blacks. But in this thread you say from your heart it's great. Sounds like gratitude to me."

Well sorry for the confusion. I said: "Modern day whites suffer because of what their fore-parents did. You've brought out that whites have tried to make amends for what they've done which, from my heart, is absolutely great!" I will never say "thank you" for the so-called beneficence of whites which was mostly compulsory. I said that from my heart, the idea to try to assist blacks was noble. That's not really thanking white people as much as it is acknowledging what is right in my face.

"Yes? Then why insist on pushing yourselves into white neighborhoods, pushing yourselves into white schools, on working alongside people who want to mistreat you? Doesn't it make sense to get away from these hateful people who still don't accept you after generations of being forced to associate with y'all? Wouldn't it be better if y'all had a place of your own to grow and develop and live and love, a place where you wouldn't be so vilely treated?"

Bla bla bla...white this white that. My money will put me where I want. PERIOD. My tax dollars will pay for great schools, great city services, and a great neighborhood. Sound good?? As I told you before, I'm an American. I'm here to stay. Personally, I don't feel the need to separate. Get over it. If you want to separate LEAVE. It's just that simple.

"And yet when we whites are singled out for a beatdown by blacks , when our women are raped, when we are victims of robbery and murder by your brother blacks because we are white, you we brought it on ourselves."

Once again, you've taken my words out of context, like Real Deal. I've never once even implied that. I'm not linking that savagery with the historical context we've been discussing. To put what I've said in a nutshell, Mr. Taylor highlighted the effects of xenophobia, wars, racism, and prejudice. There were consequences for those actions.

"You can't see how we can pre-judge you based on the actions of your brothers; but you don't have any problem with blacks pre-judging whites for actions the whites had nothing to do with from hundreds of years ago."

I do have a problem with prejudice but I realize that it's a human trait. I prejudge others to an extent too.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Warrendale neighborhood has been pretty safe for decades. It has declined some now that the residency requirement was removed. There clearly are other nice neighborhoods in Detroit. You are just unfamiliar with Detroit in total.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 361 - 374 of374
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
River Rouge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••