Detroit pastor says EM process unfair...

Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#244 Apr 3, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
I'm a contradiction, a know-it-all, delusional, irresponsible.....
Now we are getting somewhere!

Admitting it is the 1st step to recovering!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#245 Apr 3, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Now we are getting somewhere!
Admitting it is the 1st step to recovering!
So I see I can't get you to answer.
Abe

Buffalo, NY

#246 Apr 3, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see I can't get you to answer.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#247 Apr 3, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
In all seriousness though, now that you all have shown me how much more righteous you are than me and every other black person, what's next? Are you all going to call up the president, black leaders everywhere and review your long list of complaints with them?
The black people prefer to listen to the likes of Malcolm Little, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and most other black people who defy the the social norm and demand special treatment. Even more interesting is how the black community turn against Obama, Bill Cosby and the likes for stating the facts about black people.

Another perfect example is back on topic of this post regarding the EM. Many black people refer to him as an Uncle Tom for going against black people instead of realizing he's there to get that shithole city out of the red. Pointing out to the majority of black people the facts of their culture simply falls on deaf ears and blind eyes extending to denial. You don't want solutions, you want to be agreed with, you want retribution, entitlement, etc. The black culture doesn't want to follow anyone except another black person who believes as they....period. Call it self righteous holier than thou white mentality all you want, it doesn't erase the facts, which many other black people also view. But hey, coming from a white person is racism, coming from a black person is Uncle Tom. Nobody will win and it'll never end.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#248 Apr 3, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
The black people prefer to listen to the likes of Malcolm Little, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and most other black people who defy the the social norm and demand special treatment. Even more interesting is how the black community turn against Obama, Bill Cosby and the likes for stating the facts about black people.
Another perfect example is back on topic of this post regarding the EM. Many black people refer to him as an Uncle Tom for going against black people instead of realizing he's there to get that shithole city out of the red. Pointing out to the majority of black people the facts of their culture simply falls on deaf ears and blind eyes extending to denial. You don't want solutions, you want to be agreed with, you want retribution, entitlement, etc. The black culture doesn't want to follow anyone except another black person who believes as they....period. Call it self righteous holier than thou white mentality all you want, it doesn't erase the facts, which many other black people also view. But hey, coming from a white person is racism, coming from a black person is Uncle Tom. Nobody will win and it'll never end.
This is an excellent post!!!

I once talked to a black guy I knew from the D and asked him how Coleman would go down in history, just after Young died...he said he would go down as a hero.
I then asked him how he thought Archer would go down in history, who at the time was fixing a lot of problems years of Young had created, and was bridging many gaps between the burbs and the city, his answer was...as an uncle tom!

So, blacks believe that con artists and thief's are good, and that people that can affect positive change are uncle toms.

And that my friends, is the fundamental root of the problem!

The concept of having the state fund and manage Belle Isle, is a hugely positive thing for everyone in the region, and would keep the shitt off the island and generate enough revenue to keep it nice and usable...the blacks overwhelmingly cried about thinking that something positive means they lose control.

So in essence, everything negative the blacks own, and everything positive, blacks have no claim to. So they like to keep it crappy if for no other reason, to keep control of it!

Like Marion Barry, if Coleman or Kwammy was available right now, the majority would vote them back in!

Greer, SC

#249 Apr 3, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you never answered my questions. Second, I totally agree with you. Now what?

Spartanburg, SC

#250 Apr 3, 2013
Since I have time:

"Well if you read back and try your hand at some comprehension exercises you will find that I was clear in my (quite relevant) statements about this topic....you know the reason for this thread?"

I've read your posts and my reading comprehension is exceptional. I've been tested multiple times lol. I understand that your comments were directed at the subject of this particular thread. My comments were aimed at your scientific racism and the terrible predicament Detroit is in right now.

"Racist move? This speaks to everything I have been saying...I, unlike you, have stayed on topic and on point the whole time, while you have deferred, deflected, and denied, as can be seen in most of your posts!"

Your psych transference is crystal clear in this statement. I NEVER said the Detroit EM was a "racist move." I've "deferred, deflected, and denied" hmmmmm...well, how your brain came to that conclusion..I don't know. You'll have to show me that.

"People like you cannot, nay...will not accept, admit, or wear the blame that your mindset has undoubtedly earned!"

"People like [me]" huh? I won't accept it even though I've acknowledged on MULTIPLE occasions that there is a problem. Maybe I should let out smoke signals or do it in sign language for you. That ok?

"In one of your overly "deep" posts failark, you tried to take a personal jab at my scree-name as your attempt to defer the conversation to something else, since you had no real argument...reality again is, you never have a real argument or rational discussion...which again can be seen in nearly all of your posts!"

Well if you feel they are "overly deep" well...thanks I guess lol. "Failark" is cute. I like that. I'll probably make an internet meme out of it, seriously. I took a jab at Real Deal because that implies that, at least on Topix, your posts are above board, realistic, factual, and neutral. Your posts are somewhat factual, fairly realistic, HORRIBLY biased, and I would say below board.

"We are discussing the EM, and the need for the EM as the title of this thread mentions...but you (as I mentioned) have tried time and time again to re-frame this conversation....well its not your day today, homie! lol"

Yep. We sure are homie. Keep up the good work!

Spartanburg, SC

#251 Apr 3, 2013
Meanie:

"Another perfect example is back on topic of this post regarding the EM. Many black people refer to him as an Uncle Tom for going against black people instead of realizing he's there to get that shithole city out of the red. Pointing out to the majority of black people the facts of their culture simply falls on deaf ears and blind eyes extending to denial. You don't want solutions, you want to be agreed with, you want retribution, entitlement, etc. The black culture doesn't want to follow anyone except another black person who believes as they....period."

I thoroughly agree. I spoke with one of my white coworkers today at work about this problem.

"Call it self righteous holier than thou white mentality all you want, it doesn't erase the facts, which many other black people also view. But hey, coming from a white person is racism, coming from a black person is Uncle Tom. Nobody will win and it'll never end."

More truth. I will say it doesn't make you holier than thou. Just truthful.

"The black culture doesn't want to follow anyone except another black person who believes as they....period."

True. But then again, so does everyone else. White people want white people believers. Black people want black people believers. Asian people want Asian people believers etc. Make sense?

Spartanburg, SC

#252 Apr 3, 2013
"I once talked to a black guy I knew from the D and asked him how Coleman would go down in history, just after Young died...he said he would go down as a hero.
I then asked him how he thought Archer would go down in history, who at the time was fixing a lot of problems years of Young had created, and was bridging many gaps between the burbs and the city, his answer was...as an uncle tom!"

Excellent. But then again black people like my parents and many of my other family members HATED Coleman A. Young with a passion.

"So, blacks believe that con artists and thief's are good, and that people that can affect positive change are uncle toms."

In your opinion. Your statement about Uncle Toms is true though.

"And that my friends, is the fundamental root of the problem!"

Your sweeping generalizations, THAT "is the fundamental root of the problem!"

"So in essence, everything negative the blacks own, and everything positive, blacks have no claim to. So they like to keep it crappy if for no other reason, to keep control of it!"

Yeah I would agree to an extent. However, the way you framed your statement is quite cynical and LOOSELY factual.

Kallark
Tyrone Mudik Jones

Roseville, MI

#253 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
"I once talked to a black guy I knew from the D and asked him how Coleman would go down in history, just after Young died...he said he would go down as a hero.
I then asked him how he thought Archer would go down in history, who at the time was fixing a lot of problems years of Young had created, and was bridging many gaps between the burbs and the city, his answer was...as an uncle tom!"
Excellent. But then again black people like my parents and many of my other family members HATED Coleman A. Young with a passion.
"So, blacks believe that con artists and thief's are good, and that people that can affect positive change are uncle toms."
"So in essence, everything negative the blacks own, and everything positive, blacks have no claim to. So they like to keep it crappy if for no other reason, to keep control of it!"
Yeah I would agree to an extent. However, the way you framed your statement is quite cynical and LOOSELY factual.
Kallark
Dis be nothin but racism dog you a racist dog,
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#254 Apr 4, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why the problem will never be solved is because black poverty and dysfunctional behavior has turned into an industry in and of itself. The money is backing the likes of Jesse and Al and the lies they sell while the likes of a Dr. Ben Nelson gets ridiculed and dismissed. It is futile.
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#255 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
Kallark
You do realize K, that if all blacks in America would think and behave like you, we could get along with one another without any issues at all. I would welcome you as a neighbor.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#256 Apr 4, 2013
Actually, Kallark has not quite mastered the reply button thingie, and when he quotes others, he appears to be saying that which he is quoting!

Then again, it may all be part of the doubledutch way he communicates on here!
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#257 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
Kallark
How I framed my statement, was spot on and accurate!
How you chose to read it was jaded and in a cynical mindset!

As far as your "loosely" factual comment...that's the same as saying sorta clean or sorta dirty...its either clean, or it is dirty!
Its either fact or it is not...and what I said was indeed quite factual!
Again, you want to admit the problem, yet you don't want to allow the proper blame to be asserted!

By the way, your parents not liking Young is irrelevant, the fact that the sweeping majority did, just as the sweeping majority of residents liked kwammy, speaks volumes about the general populous of Detroit!
The fact that nearly every older Detroit resident now, still and to this day, hold Young in a high place in history, speaks volumes about the collective mentality of this city, as it stands!

You are a seemingly confused person who likes to troll these threads and present yourself as a know-it-all, yet at each post you are exposing yourself as someone who clearly knows very little!

Spartanburg, SC

#258 Apr 4, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
How I framed my statement, was spot on and accurate!
How you chose to read it was jaded and in a cynical mindset!
As far as your "loosely" factual comment...that's the same as saying sorta clean or sorta dirty...its either clean, or it is dirty!
Its either fact or it is not...and what I said was indeed quite factual!
Again, you want to admit the problem, yet you don't want to allow the proper blame to be asserted!
By the way, your parents not liking Young is irrelevant, the fact that the sweeping majority did, just as the sweeping majority of residents liked kwammy, speaks volumes about the general populous of Detroit!
The fact that nearly every older Detroit resident now, still and to this day, hold Young in a high place in history, speaks volumes about the collective mentality of this city, as it stands!
You are a seemingly confused person who likes to troll these threads and present yourself as a know-it-all, yet at each post you are exposing yourself as someone who clearly knows very little!

More sweeping generalizations. I say loosely factual because there are some who would and some who wouldn't. I'm not confused at all pal. I made some good points as you did. Your problem is that your prejudice, irritation with blacks, and sweeping generalizations are like a veil over your eyes. People like you would nuke an entire city killing innocent and guilty alike. I wonder what you would complain about if there were no blacks around at all?

Spartanburg, SC

#259 Apr 4, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
Actually, Kallark has not quite mastered the reply button thingie, and when he quotes others, he appears to be saying that which he is quoting!
Then again, it may all be part of the doubledutch way he communicates on here!
Well, it's easy for me to respond to your self-righteousness and denunciations without "master[ing] the reply button thingie." That ok with you Real Deal? Lol

“New Age 21st Century Fox”

Since: Mar 13

Philadelphia Mississippi

#260 Apr 4, 2013
F r e d d o | Saturday Mar 30 White people have largely abandoned their white brothers and sisters who live near the black ghetto criminal filth. There are plenty of whites who are less educated, too poor, too old, or too stubborn to move away. They become the prey and victims of these soulless killers.

Whites that remain in the black areas have to either adapt or fight to survive among that filth. Most will be robbed, raped, beaten and some will be killed. Many will try to appease the subspecies simians by adopting their dress, speech, mannerisms, and criminal way of life. Many of the girls will defile their ethnic heritage and bear mud babies for these disease-spreading criminals. All the while, most whites outside of the ghetto in their safer suburbs will cheer the black athletes, regurgitate the lies of multiculturalism, and ignore the plight of their white brethren in the ghetto.

As this country's economy collapses and as the Negro continues to destroy neighborhoods and cities, they will move and spread their disease, their filth and crime
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#261 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>.
More sweeping generalizations. I say loosely factual because there are some who would and some who wouldn't. I'm not confused at all pal. I made some good points as you did. Your problem is that your prejudice, irritation with blacks, and sweeping generalizations are like a veil over your eyes. People like you would nuke an entire city killing innocent and guilty alike. I wonder what you would complain about if there were no blacks around at all?
Well, the facts speak for themselves now don't they?
Who/what controls and has controlled the city of Detroit for 40 years?

Who/what has resided in and created all the burned out crime riddled neighborhoods for 40+ years?

Who/what has put Detroit on the map as being in the top most dangerous and/or miserable cities in america?

Who/what has been major contributors in out of control population, broken families, unemployment, drug use, poorly educated in Detroit?

The proof is in the pudding as they say, and really destroys any halfassed-noncommittal arguments you try to spew!

"Nuking" Detroit as you say would not stop the problem, as the problem is inherent to the race not the region.
A black neighborhood in Philadelphia, St Louis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Gary, Zimbabwe, or Detorit...all yield the same outcome, showing that the problems goes well beyond geographic, and suggests it is inherent!

Now how do you suggest it gets fixed...pretending its everyone else's problem?

Whittier, NC

#262 Apr 4, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the facts speak for themselves now don't they?
Who/what controls and has controlled the city of Detroit for 40 years?
Who/what has resided in and created all the burned out crime riddled neighborhoods for 40+ years?
Who/what has put Detroit on the map as being in the top most dangerous and/or miserable cities in america?
Who/what has been major contributors in out of control population, broken families, unemployment, drug use, poorly educated in Detroit?
The proof is in the pudding as they say, and really destroys any halfassed-noncommittal arguments you try to spew!
"Nuking" Detroit as you say would not stop the problem, as the problem is inherent to the race not the region.
A black neighborhood in Philadelphia, St Louis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Gary, Zimbabwe, or Detorit...all yield the same outcome, showing that the problems goes well beyond geographic, and suggests it is inherent!
Now how do you suggest it gets fixed...pretending its everyone else's problem?
Are you blind? Dyslexic? Mentally retarded? I'm not repeating myself again. You say the same things over and over again like a dummy that has its string pulled. Even though I've told you a hundred thousand times about our self-inflicted problems you just are intent on telling yourself I want to pass the buck. I guess crack kills lol.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#263 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you blind? Dyslexic? Mentally retarded? I'm not repeating myself again. You say the same things over and over again like a dummy that has its string pulled. Even though I've told you a hundred thousand times about our self-inflicted problems you just are intent on telling yourself I want to pass the buck. I guess crack kills lol.
So isn't this just typical...you can't come up with a logical, rational or civil response so you resort to name calling and personal attacks? We see this within the black community all the time, those that cannot calmly and with civility, handle many situations, so they resort to foul rude and vile name calling as well as and including violence.

By the way, isn't it funny you are so bigoted and ignorant in your name calling. Similar as if anyone calls you the "N" word, you calling anybody a retard is extremely offensive and hurtful to many, and really shows your short sighted and limited intellect!

Funny about that, but I guess one could expect nothing less than hypocrisy from the internet troll who is a know-it-all!

NEXT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 3 hr Tony 184
News Macy's stores near Detroit: Are they among most... 4 hr Ray 1
News Man found guilty of murdering ex-girlfriend, pu... 6 hr grounded in reali... 1
Why do ALL Black People SMELL (and steal, and r... 7 hr money game 6
gee ross-went to pershing high-"claims" to have... 11 hr Poo-Bear 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr global gaza 20,507
News Mother who lost child to Meningitis B wants req... 13 hr ADVERSE EVENTS 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages