Annmarie Erickson: The DIA here to he...

Annmarie Erickson: The DIA here to help Detroit -- but it's not here to be raided

There are 4 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Annmarie Erickson: The DIA here to help Detroit -- but it's not here to be raided. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Last week, the Council of Michigan Foundations had lunch with Kevyn Orr. I tagged along as a guest, curious to hear directly from Detroit's emergency manager.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Caribou Barbie

Southfield, MI

#1 Nov 18, 2013
Brava, Ms. Erickson. The carpetbagging Republican elites need to be put on notice that in no way, shape or form, will we allow this orchestrated asset theft to take place. This is an act of sedition at it's worst. We, as a community will do whatever it takes, and for as long as it takes to keep thieving hands off the collections, put in trust for the public so many years ago.
D-anne

Grosse Pointe, MI

#3 Nov 22, 2013
Oh my gosh, Barbie Caribou! Where did you get a political party out of this situation? Three counties voted in a tax to fund the DIA...made up of Democrates, Republicans, and Independents...due to corupt Detroit officials and its governing over the past decades, Detroit has crashed and the EM wants the DIA to 'do its part' in helping Detroit pay its creditors. Reread the article please!
D-anne

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 Nov 22, 2013
To be clear, to reach in and take from the DIA is a SIN! Go elsewhere Orr. The public will not stand for the dismantling of the DIA collection, our great jewel in the Detroit!!

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#5 Nov 22, 2013
I don't need to reread the article....Detroit has had no governing influence over the DIA for decades...neither has the state contributed one dime since Engler another Republican, decided to end state funding of it. Snyder and Orr are carpetbagging Republicans, period. And before we get into it over Orr's self proclaimed "Democratic voter" status, the reality is he works for a hardcore fascist in Snyder, who in turn answers to the Mackinac Center for Republican Policy....the entire "EM" powers expansion under Republicans was designed for this purpose....stealing publicly owned assets. The millage passed by the three counties will be repealed if the carpetbagging Republicans have their way, which means the museum closes and ALL of the art is auctioned off and the building abandoned. That's what they want. Alot of wealthy Republicans, "creditors" on Wall Street would love nothing more than to steal publicly owned art and get away with it. This is a game to them, they operate with impunity, and have proven so since the planned theft of our housing equity in 2008, amongst other crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 57 min femiguy 19,945
Rockin Reggie Brown "Best Freinds Gang" (Nov '11) 2 hr bd56bd 34
News DFD source says city lacks adequate fire coverage 21 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Feds Say Metro Detroit Cancer Doctor's Victims ... Mon Free Kwame 1
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) Mon bob 478
News Scenes from Jerry Vile's 'Oracle of Vile' art show Mon Schlitz_drinker 1
News Elderly Detroit man with dementia missing Mon Free Kwame 1
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]