McBride Family Seeks Answers In Deadl...

McBride Family Seeks Answers In Deadly Porch Shooting

There are 5 comments on the CBS Local story from Nov 16, 2013, titled McBride Family Seeks Answers In Deadly Porch Shooting. In it, CBS Local reports that:

The parents of a 19-year-old woman who was shot in the face on the porch of a suburban Detroit home say they find it hard to believe their daughter posed a threat to the man charged in her death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Unbelievable

Katy, TX

#1 Nov 16, 2013
What answers does her family seek?

Their (underage) drunk and stoned daughter who was driving while intoxicated (putting many lives and other people's property in danger) then wrecked and went stumbling around in her drunken stupor in the dark of night. Went to someone's home and was bashing on their door, startling them from sleep and putting them in a self-defense situation. A screen door is designed to keep mosquitoes out, not to keep a belligerent drunk or other thugs out, so it offers no protection against a human that has the intent to get inside.

The homeowner had no way of knowing who this was banging on the door in the dark of night. He had no way of knowing whether or not this person was armed, what their intentions were, whether or not there were any other thugs hiding in the shadows preparing to attack him and force their way into his home. It is reasonable that he was in fear for his life and safety under the circumstances and he defended himself.

McBride's family should be ashamed of themselves, acting as if the criminal actions of their daughter who was high and drunk while driving then leaving the scene of an accident, staggering onto private property and acting in a threatening way in the dark of night is acceptable behavior that should be overlooked so this man who was protecting his own safety, and his property in the middle of the night should be prosecuted. They are responsible for not teaching their daughter to behave like a lady and not commit crimes.
Mudrunner

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2013
You're a dumb ass.
You don't kill someone just because they got drunk and knocked on you're door at 4 in the morning.
Now, if she had tried to break thru the storm door, that would maybe be perceived as a threat. But it looks to me like the guy was trigger happy.
Jhonny

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Mudrunner wrote:
You're a dumb ass.
You don't kill someone just because they got drunk and knocked on you're door at 4 in the morning.
Now, if she had tried to break thru the storm door, that would maybe be perceived as a threat. But it looks to me like the guy was trigger happy.
The shooter admitted he accidentally shot the woman. That fact alone convicts him of a serious charge to fall back on. The homicide charge will likely stick unless they have 12 whites on the jury who nullify the law. There will be no pleas accepted other than guilty as charged.
Brian Adam

Norcross, GA

#4 Nov 18, 2013
Yes it coukdve happened just as you wrote, Mudrunner. This man Ted couldve feared the big, black man or, in this case, the loud, drunk and doorpounding black and my have become a bit overzealous, too quick on the draw
Pat

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 18, 2013
How dare you make any excuses for his actions. Would you feel the same way if it was your 19 year old daughter? Or maybe, what if it was a white girl who was 19 years of age acting in that manner. Would it be okay just too shoot her? No.....I don't think so, I just help a young lady out @ 4:45am on Sunday morning as I came home from work, she was banging on my door because she had just seen me walk into my home. Her boyfriend was beating her up, I didn't shoot her. I opened my door and gave her comfort and assistance. YOU SHOULD BE A SHAMED OF YOUR SELF.
Unbelievable wrote:
What answers does her family seek?
Their (underage) drunk and stoned daughter who was driving while intoxicated (putting many lives and other people's property in danger) then wrecked and went stumbling around in her drunken stupor in the dark of night. Went to someone's home and was bashing on their door, startling them from sleep and putting them in a self-defense situation. A screen door is designed to keep mosquitoes out, not to keep a belligerent drunk or other thugs out, so it offers no protection against a human that has the intent to get inside.
The homeowner had no way of knowing who this was banging on the door in the dark of night. He had no way of knowing whether or not this person was armed, what their intentions were, whether or not there were any other thugs hiding in the shadows preparing to attack him and force their way into his home. It is reasonable that he was in fear for his life and safety under the circumstances and he defended himself.
McBride's family should be ashamed of themselves, acting as if the criminal actions of their daughter who was high and drunk while driving then leaving the scene of an accident, staggering onto private property and acting in a threatening way in the dark of night is acceptable behavior that should be overlooked so this man who was protecting his own safety, and his property in the middle of the night should be prosecuted. They are responsible for not teaching their daughter to behave like a lady and not commit crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We need high speed trains! 8 hr Tony 6
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 8 hr Tony 228
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Buck Rohde 20,926
AK Steel/UAW contract Thu bfburner 11
2 Detroit men murdered in West Virginia Wed Mark 2
News Metro Detroit woman scammed out of $703,000 On ... Wed Fake News 1
katie johnson said Trump raped 13 year old Mar 22 believe rape victims 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages